Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,244 members, 7,846,152 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249899 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by FMarshal2(m): 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2010
toxnaija:

F-Marshal,
it is nice to hear from you again on the forum after almost one year.i wanted to ask Enitan if he has done a intimacy change.i think it is either a trick to catch his fishes or he is no longer straight/or was never straight!

Enitan,
i hope your dish no go fall on top of that backyard building.pls put a warning sign there especially when the weather becomes stormy.hope baba ijebu no go complain sha!

Olason,
i wish i was in Naija to grab the box too.how does it work?can the signal be received nationwide?i just cant understand how it could work without an antenna or dish outside.pls explain.how is baby?him for don grow tall reach me sef!

Moderator,
still no explanation on why my post on CTL/NBC court latest report was removed.it is discouraging.it is like telling some of us our contributions are not valued.pls let me no my offence over the issue.
Hey Tox!! Good to read from you too. cheesy How obodo oyinbo (Britain) nah? Na u dey enjoy o! Are you getting used to the usually COLD weather? U don see how lonely and homesick it can be over there?  sad Any luck practicing your FTA hobby over there?   smiley When is you programme over?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by FMarshal2(m): 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2010
sholasong:

all,
yesterday was my birthday, went to the office briefly, back home early, i was at the roof top from 6pm till 11:30pm, though my wife was mad at me expecting that i would be with her and our 2 weeks old baby boy so that we can have fun throughout the day, but i was able to put into use all i learnt from here.i was able to nail sirius and w3a with 1m dish.thanks all,
The installer guy that use to do all of the installation for me at 5k per visit could not believe it,
i can now say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to myself
Sholasong, first of all let me say Happy B'Day!!! grin This is what FTA is all about. Come to the forum, learn all you can learn and then put it to practice. Finally, make the old greedy installer feel, oh well, like a thief and small!!! Congratulations, and N5000 well saved!!! cheesy wink
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 10:34pm On Mar 05, 2010
Microgaint, bros in fta no pain no gain. most of us here on this forum hav spent thousands of naira on fta equipment, especialy on receivers. when echolink and d rest came out we al had our doubt but some of us including me stil went ahead and bought it. what happened nex is history i guess. What about g+ people said it wil not last, it is stil working til today. A truely fta hobbist would neva stop experimenting, and would always prepare his mind 4d worst. like Enitan said enyoy while it last. na today I beg leave matter.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
Enibaba, oops I thought, . .thank u jare. would u blieve dat because of w2a somebody ordered humax box frm USA ,to him it does not matter if d signal is encripted 2day or 2morr, wat matters 2 him as an fta hobbist is d joy and pleasure he derives at d moment frm it and any other thing is secondary. nothing last 4eva
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 10:59pm On Mar 05, 2010
objack ,
do u stay around ojota side very close to a house painted green,i think i saw your dish while on the bridge that leads to oworo side.These pictures of your is the dish is saw around that side.i might be of help.i saw the dish facing up and i told my driver what sat is available at that 0 degree .i told my driver this dish is at o degree.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 11:38pm On Mar 05, 2010
All, for those wanting to track w2a with mpeg 2 decorder, usd this freq 3867v 13322. u wil get Afri21,2,3 with picture. on d screen u wil c Eurovision. u can now switch 2 mpeg 4 to get d rest.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 06, 2010
@ Enigma,
happy birthday to a wonderful mate that is sharing same birthday date as I.

Souhaitant joyeux moi bon anniversaire, wishing myself a happy birthday.

Thanks to everyone on the forum.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 06, 2010
is anyone receiving this Frequency 12226H on nilesat with 2.4m dish in south-west?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 7:26am On Mar 06, 2010
All,pls is there going to be live F.A CUP between Chelsea and Stoke City in any FTA channels by tomorrow?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 7:31am On Mar 06, 2010
@ ENITAN,its good to meet you online,pls do you use yahoo messenger for instant an chat?can you add me with this id= esunny18@yahoo.com.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 8:18am On Mar 06, 2010
Enigma, happy birthday to u oga mi. @ Enitan and same to u too! @All d box only works in lagos and Abuja for now, soon according to my contact it wil also spread to other states
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 8:28am On Mar 06, 2010
Sun-sat:

All,pls is there going to be live F.A CUP between Chelsea and Stoke City in any FTA channels by tomorrow?

On mbc's website/w3a, its written that they would air the fa cup matches, fulham 2day 6:20pm, chelsea 2morow. Hopefully dey should do dat.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 9:13am On Mar 06, 2010
enitan2002:

@ Enigma,
happy birthday to a wonderful mate that is sharing same birthday date as I.

Souhaitant joyeux moi bon anniversaire, wishing myself a happy birthday.

Thanks to everyone on the forum.

Enitan my "sake" (shared birthday), many many happy returns, long life and prosperity and conquering of Nilesat and others grin

When next I'm in Naija, we'll see if we can arrange to meet.

olason:

Enigma, happy birthday to u oga mi. @ Enitan and same to u too! @All d box only works in lagos and Abuja for now, soon according to my contact it wil also spread to other states

olason, my brother thank you very plentiful; you are one of the guys whose setup I'd like to see; if I remember correctly, you were one of the first (if not the very first) who, in Season 1, made us realise that Hotbird etc are possible in Lagos/Southern Nigeria.

cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 11:36am On Mar 06, 2010
Happy birthday to E2, Enibaba and Enigma
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 11:44am On Mar 06, 2010
@Obnelly,

My brother you are very correct that is my dish. My house is very visible from the Bridge.

I have not been able to get internet access since morning.

Thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 12:11pm On Mar 06, 2010
@Ibaku, Enitan and all,

Thanks for the reassurance on tracking nilesat. I hope to give it a shot tonight.

Thanks again.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 1:54pm On Mar 06, 2010
Enigma/Enitan,
Congratulations on your birthday.I wish you more success and joy in all your endeavours.it is an irony that you are sharing the day with the most villified and the most respected Nigerians OBJ and AWO respectively.which one did you take after ?
Enigma,where and when do we meet for the celebration?

F-Marshal,
thanks for your post.it is a crazy weather here now.Spring is here.It gets really sunny and chilly in the day!it could be very lonely when you are here alone studying.i still have a minimum of 3years of research but i will touch naija at the beginning of the second half of the year.no fta for now.i do live internet streaming for my matches not on terrestial tv.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by gofitech(m): 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2010
FA cup live on one of the Sirus feeds Now.
Portmouth vs Birmingham city.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2010
@objack,
In FTA, never say never. From what I see of your pictures, it may still be possible to hit nilesat but of course you'll nevr know unless you experiment. Since your still starting out on this terrain, it will be helpful if you have a more experienced person by your side. You can team up with obnelly who has promised to help or better still get a fairly knowlegeable installer and work with him. You'll do the directing-based on your wealth of experience while he does the dish settings. Observe how he does it carefully because you'll never need to call on him again. Strange but sometimes we find uses for these guys-as much as we try to avoid them. But they only come once and they don't have any business from us anymore. smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2010
@BUTONEDAY,
@pitodenz,

I did some remediation work on my nilesat dish this morning and men! I am getting gear one, nat geo abu dhabi, aljazeera children (12226h) up to 51%-no cracking at all! CNN is game at 56% quality! For the first time I am recieving LBC EU (12303h) though cracking at 49%. This my dish won't cease to amaze me ooooo! shocked
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sathob(m): 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2010
Ahhh!
Good tidings good peeps. Happy B'day to Ghana, today being her 53rd b'day and to all GH FTA members, also, to the faithful members of this house celebrating 'em b'day today.

Btw, this is what Free2view is saying;
"You Asked – We listened

We want to bring you soccer leagues from around the world.

One of the biggest questions asked is whether we will broadcast the soccer.

Please help us to get FIFA on–board!

free2View needs you, our viewers and friends, to join with us in our petition to FIFA. Lets show them how much Africa needs and wants the SOCCER through a large Satellite platform that provides its content free to the viewer.

register
Register now and sign the petition! You will find it under my account after logging into the site."

"N11 could it be THE BIRD?
Smaller dishes – strong signal – less congestion.
You tell us Viewers

We have a test screen up there right now, so see if you can find it easily – check it out and send us your thoughts.

See if you can find us.
How good are you at finding
free2View look at Telstar11N satellite:
•Frequency 11477
•Polarisation: Horizontal
•Symbol Rate: 20000
•Fec: 3/4
•37.5˚ West

Need help look at Satbeams "

why not let's help them acquire this rights by signing the petition?

Greetz to you all. Man Georjay, Pito, Badaru, Micro, Adewest, Capito, Salaman dem dem.

My hour is not yet come!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oliss: 2:57pm On Mar 06, 2010
@ all hey guys, ive been out of internet for a while, i'm doing dis from a cafe now, good to be back
@ i made a big mistake by altering my lnb which ive not been tampering with since my engr fixed it. i av joined dis forum for a while now and trying to do things on my own only to lose my w3a (mbc and co). since then, ive tried and tried, no signal is all i see. pls help, i read the threads on w2a but i just want to fix my mbc before dambling into a new one cos i'm sure it's still available on air. if want to use my hitv decoder now if possible. pls help
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:14pm On Mar 06, 2010
@oliss,
Unless you also tampered with the bolts and nuts for adjusting the elevation and dish azimuth, if not then your dish alignment should still be perfectly ok. And, if your lnb is STRONG KU, all you need do is while the dish is facing upwards (in its normal w3a position) set the lnb at 9 o' clock position and you'll be fine.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2010
@sathob,
Good write up there. Where's the url to the petition page?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 3:28pm On Mar 06, 2010
George_D:

@sathob,
Good write up there. Where's the url to the petition page?

same question from me
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2010
@ GEORGE D and all gurus here, in my house i have 53x,69x,Daarsat box,i also have 2.4m comstar dish i.e the black net,also 90cm pan for mytv,i am trying hard to install free to air channels by myself without engineers because i am staying far from lagos and where the experts and gurus of this forum cant assist me easily (NSUKKA.)and i want to at least one day make my own satellite research and post it here,MY QUESTION NOW IS,WHERE IS THE LOCATION OF W2A,AND SIRIUS LOCATION TOO,ARE THEY ALL KU BAND AND WHAT SIZE OF DISH CAN SHOOT THIS BIRD.last time i install W3a and multi tv by myself through the direction of sammu, i appreciate you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2010
Enigma, u are welcome! @All, I was about posting dat Arsenal vs burnley live on sirius b4 it was yanked off, thank God is back again. enyoy while it last.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2010
@Sun-sat,
Sirius 4 is a fully ku band satellite and is located @4.8E a little bit from w3a which you have already tracked. Using w3a as point of reference, you only need to move your dish a little up to the right while the dish is still facing up in that position. Use the globecast tp (12605v, 29950sr) and make sure your lnb is at 9 0'clock position.

For w2a, the beam of interest presently is a c-band global beam and is almost the same position with w3a which is ku. Use this mpeg2 tp to track (3865r, 13333sr). Your c-band lnb must have a di-electric plate inside and you must position it at 2 0'clock facing the dish, facing west before you start tracking.

For dish sizes, a minimum size of 65cm can get sirius 4 while 1.8m will recieve w2a c band. Try to use supermax extended c-band lnb for the w2a for easy tracking even though STRONG c band can also give you the signals. Remember you will need an mpeg 4 decoder like daarbox or strong 4669x to enjoy the w2a channels. Best of luck!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2010
@Olason

I got your number. Will call you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oilepo(m): 6:09pm On Mar 06, 2010
George_D:

@Sun-sat,
Sirius 4 is a fully ku band satellite and is located @4.8E a little bit from w3a which you have already tracked. Using w3a as point of reference, you only need to move your dish a little up to the right while the dish is still facing up in that position. Use the globecast tp (12605v, 29950sr) and make sure your lnb is at 9 0'clock position.

For w2a, the beam of interest presently is a c-band global beam and is almost the same position with w3a which is ku. Use this mpeg2 tp to track (3865r, 13333sr). Your c-band lnb must have a di-electric plate inside and you must position it at 2 0'clock facing the dish, facing west before you start tracking.

For dish sizes, a minimum size of 65cm can get sirius 4 while 1.8m will recieve w2a c band. Try to use supermax extended c-band lnb for the w2a for easy tracking even though STRONG c band can also give you the signals. Remember you will need an mpeg 4 decoder like daarbox or strong 4669x to enjoy the w2a channels. Best of luck!
@all,can someone tell me how to skew my lnbf and dielectric either 2 o-clock or 9 o-clock.Am sorry i cannot comprehend this explanation as posted.Thanx.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sathob(m): 6:27pm On Mar 06, 2010
@George and Micro
This info can be found on the home page of free2view.however, I am adding the url to the page i.e. https_://www.free2viewtv.tv/

oh! I forgot this one too, one must register with free2view to become eligible to sign that petition, the signing is simple with a click of a button.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 6:32pm On Mar 06, 2010
@ all, fa cup live on mb3 ew3a

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.