Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,128 members, 7,863,929 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:09 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250767 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatiler(m): 9:23am On Oct 20, 2009
@solo1ng1 guy am g8full, this are already exist TP, am talking of new 1 now, am typing when u post ur last post. Once again thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:39am On Oct 20, 2009
@segunfms,
STRONG 4652 decoder is still the most preferred by commercial installers because unlike the older x-series, e.g 53X and 63X, what you see is what you get. However, as an FTA enthusiast, you must be able to work with different types of recievers and not just limit yourself to one type like the commercial guys. Personally I sold my own 4652 for around 4K early this year because it was no longer serving me any purpose. After learning how to track with the x-series, I now prefer that to the old 4652.

If you want to keep it, then don't sell but if not, I'll advise to dispose of it now you have the chance.

As for the question which STRONG decoder is better; that is a bit difficult to say as different people prefer different models for many reasons. But if you really want to buy the best STRONG in the market for now, then go for 4669X as it combines the qualities of the old 4652 and 4663X into one.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 9:46am On Oct 20, 2009
@ George_D

My Honourable, thank u for every response. I need to ask you lot of question probably on phone expect my call later in the day.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 10:01am On Oct 20, 2009
@All i'm tryin 2 nail sirus4 and multi tv today someone should pls give me direction on multi tv pls
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2009
larryenob:

@All i'm tryin 2 nail sirus4 and multi tv today someone should pls give me direction on multi tv pls

@larryenob,

Multitv is on astra2b 28.2E its above DSTV and HITV signal. use these tps crtv - 12599v3250, lmtv- 12729v2725 and 12552v19531.

enjoy, holla me on 08038032393
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:33am On Oct 20, 2009
@alancruise,
@Paps1,

I'm sorry, Equinoxe tv has since left Siruis 4. They were having some political issues with the govt sometime early in the year in which they had to be suspended for some time. Maybe the govt finally closed them down.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Adeexy: 10:43am On Oct 20, 2009
@ All

Will be installing a motorized 4.4m setup on Friday, any one staying around Sango can come learn or share experience @ d location.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2009
@ Solo1ng1

Long time no post, wanted to hear from u on the dish installation.
Were u able to nail any bird?
Thank u.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:47am On Oct 20, 2009
bodejohn:

@ All

I have read a lot about lnb/in-line amplifiers.
But i need to know what this gadget does in signal amplification.
How much percentage increase can be gained if it is used?
Can it be up to 10% with the strong x series?

@bodejohn,
As odidlibe rightly said, in-line amps do not boost signal. They only help in preventing signal loss in cables over a long distance. They are of no use to you if your signal is already very weak from the lnb/dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:55am On Oct 20, 2009
arabambi link=topic=331817. date=Yesterday at 04:30:36 PM:

@Gorge_D
thanks so much. i stay in Abj. i track my w3a with the same 1.8m i use fo nile. can i still use it 4 w6? how far is the distance to w3a. cos d w3a is just to d left of nile if standing in front of the dish.

@arabambi,
Yes, you can still use that your 1.8m dish for both w6 and w3a including nilesat. Since you stay in Abuja, it's even easier to do and it's common practice in the north. Just get an extra lnb bracket and add another ku lnb. w6 and w3a are very close cause it is to the left of w3a facing the dish and facing east.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 10:58am On Oct 20, 2009
@ George_D

I dey vex with u o, why now u no dey read my post again?

Want to know if i can buy 2.4 pan dish stand (ready made like that of fibre)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 11:03am On Oct 20, 2009
@George_D
I want to know if 2.4m can work with nile sat in Calabar
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:04am On Oct 20, 2009
@jayron,
Abeg, no vex my man.

It may be difficult to get a ready made stand as you said except you're lucky to find someone who wants to dispose of his fairly used dish. Even those people who mould fibre dishes make thier own neck and stand by themselves.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:07am On Oct 20, 2009
@zenus,
I think if I can recollect properly, one good member claimed he was using a 2.4m dish for nilesat in calabar. If you already have the dish at hand, why not give it a try? But if you're still contemplating buying it, you should stop think of getting a 3m instead.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 11:11am On Oct 20, 2009
@ George_D

Am only joking. If i vex who go teach me again, i no fit do that.

Thank u for ur response, that is what is delayin me for now.
I dont want to use the follow come stand,to me it look as if it wont be secured.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 11:19am On Oct 20, 2009
@all

AZ v Arsenal LIVE on CRTV.

CRTV is also planning to start showing La Liga before the first round ends.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:44am On Oct 20, 2009
@toxnaija,
That package you're talking about is very coded that is more reason why we decided to take it away to the backyard. However, you can contact either badaru, BUTONEDAY, olofofo or Dejsam for more info. They are in a better position to help you out.
How younder now? I hope the cold never too much for you? Abeg make you dey handle those our white sisters pele, pele ooo! grin

@jayron,
Call an experienced welder and show him those pictures from my earlier posts on my 2.4m pan construction. He will know just what to do.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 11:46am On Oct 20, 2009
@ George_D

Pls, could u help me get site for fta channels and freq
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2009
Any channel showing Barca match today?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2009
@spaceman, thanks for that info about crtv. @george, i like your approach to people's questions. GOD will continue to lift ur hand
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by satcoper(m): 1:16pm On Oct 20, 2009
@George_D
Equinoxe TV-cameroon- reached finally an agreement with the canalsat group and got a place on canalsat paid "bouquet" on NSS7@22° west. It is still alive but it's no more fta, You pay, you watch. Let's wish for them a better solution. George we sincerly benefit of your contributions, thanks a lot, I'm sure The Almighty will enlight you more for that.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 1:34pm On Oct 20, 2009
@Solo1
thanks man
@all can my 4663x nail multi tv pls
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2009
larryenob:

@Solo1
thanks man
@all can my 4663x nail multi tv pls

You need an mpeg-4 receiver
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2009
@larryenob

Yes, you can nail multi-tv with ur 4663x decoder but you cannot watch those stations with 4663x decoder the only station you can watch is CRTV. you will need an Hd or mpeg4 decoder to watch multi-tv or if you have a computer you can get a DVB-S box and you will be able to watch multi-tv on ur pc.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 2:13pm On Oct 20, 2009
jayron:

@ George_D

Pls, could u help me get site for fta channels and freq

@jaron

Depending on the satellite u are on, just google eg. fta frequencies on astra2b. You will get what you want. For direct results you can also visit www.tracksat.com. Scroll down the page and select the satellite u want.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2009
@Salamander
Where hv u been?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2009
spacevice:

@Salamander
Where hv u been?

I dey oo. Just a bit busy. Have u ever try nailing Badr or Nilesat? If not, then lets put our resources together so we can see how track them down.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2009
@all

I dont think CRTV will show AZ vs Arsenal match, they are going to show Liverpool vs Lyno match and that is the match the nigerian Tv are going to show too.

@George_D

Pls, i will like to no more about predator. this is my mail segun_integrity@yahoo.com or segunfms@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fasone(m): 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2009
@all
the following are 4 ur knowledge and reading pleasure,
enjoy,

hxxp://magazine.tele-satellite.com/eng/TELE-satellite-0911.pdf
hxxp://magazine.tele-satellite.com/eng/TELE-satellite-0909.pdf
hxxp://magazine.tele-satellite.com/eng/TELE-satellite-0907.pdf
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2009
@george&all.I hav a challenge on my ew3a.the tps for mbc,mirama,madagasca&go africa are ok except for that of LCF,TPA,RTS etc which freezes anyhow.When i touch/move close to the receiver,it gets cleared&when i move away it freezes again.If i hold d cable at time it clears&when i drop it,it freezes again.This only affect tp of lcf,tpa etc as other tps are not affected.The distance btw my dish&tv is not even up to 3metres.Kindly provide a clue.Thks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by arabambi: 7:10pm On Oct 20, 2009
@Gorge_D
thanks 4 ur response. may God bless u. I hope u give w6 a trial by weekend if am free.

double salute 2 u Sir.

More Blessing as always
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 7:23pm On Oct 20, 2009
@toba, am facing the same challenge too with my w3a.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.