Stats: 3,166,046 members, 7,863,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:13 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250760 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2009
@allancruise, am still dey wetin 4 ur call. This is my number, 08035736368. We need to gist on fta.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 7:28pm On Oct 20, 2009
@Salamander
I don't think i'm ready to make that investment on badr and nilesat yet. Besides my landlord won't permit me to mount those big dishes. I hv a lot to learn from u though!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2009
@ Sala.,segu.
thanks guys
@all this is a great house of knowledge keep it up guys
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by konami001: 12:00am On Oct 21, 2009
I want to motorise my big 6m dish, I want the biggest actuator/motor possible, any idea where I can get it and the price, someone, pls
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 7:10am On Oct 21, 2009
jayron:

@ Solo1ng1

Long time no post, wanted to hear from u on the dish installation.
Were u able to nail any bird?
Thank u.

@Jaron,

No be my fault o, na work turned me to absentee. Am yet to send cash to dejsam for the diseq1.2 n also need to get so other stuff, that's why i've not be contributing or ask questions for now, just pop in read & answer what am capable of and pop out grin cheesy. Let see what will happen by month end sha,

@george, twincetaiye, babaegun,olofofo, micrgiant,etc

How u dey? una well done o oo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 7:23am On Oct 21, 2009
spacevice:

@Salamander
I don't think i'm ready to make that investment on badr and nilesat yet. Besides my landlord won't permit me to mount those big dishes. I hv a lot to learn from u though!

Just get ur landlord a Mutitv box for free, lol. Anyway, I was not thinking of you having them. 'We' normally have a place that we do our experiments. Let's see if we can revive our Ghana group so we can set a date for that. Sathob, Ecowas, Captainus, over to you!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:35am On Oct 21, 2009
jayron:

@ George_D

Pls, could u help me get site for fta channels and freq

@jayron,
Use the site spacevice gave you or you can go to www.lyngsat.com where you get a combination of both FTA and scrambled channels.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 9:03am On Oct 21, 2009
konami001:

I want to motorise my big 6m dish, I want the biggest actuator/motor possible, any idea where I can get it and the price, someone, pls

the best you can get right now is 36" jack, post picture of your dish so that i can get an idea of the feasibility of it working with it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:06am On Oct 21, 2009
@satcoper,
Thanks for the info on equinoxe tv. I knew they got to be somewhere after they left sirius 4.

@segunfms,
You can contact Dejsam to help you on predator.

@toba,
Check your lnb skew. You may have tweaked it the wrong way. While standing in front of your dish, make sure the lnb f-connector slot is at roughly 65 degrees to your right. Change all the V tps to H and tweak your lnb up or down in that direction (on your right) and you should be ok.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 21, 2009
@george thks when i get home,i'll try it. I hav another question, but i will ask u later.Thks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 10:00am On Oct 21, 2009
@george,pls help with d invite of d g_group,u read d past pages 4my gmai add.@dejsam pls am interested in knowin about predators?hw to get them? Their functions? My email is alancruisee@gmail.com. Thanks.@segunfms am still xpecting the tp for soccerdurban. Thanks.@emeritus153 will call u later in day.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:10am On Oct 21, 2009
@alancruise,
Get in touch with olofofo. He's the site owner for the g-group. And for the predator, kindly look up dejsam's number on his profile and call him.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by andy1(m): 10:44am On Oct 21, 2009
@all info on who's showing what in d champions league 2nyte?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2009
@ George_D

Thanks so much for your contributions in this forum.

I want to ask u, which other MPEG 4 HD reeceiver can get to nail multi TV.n the estimated price u guess it may cost.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2009
@all
for you to fully enjoy the Pre****tor in lagos and environs, u need to have a working Hotbird installation with a minimum of a twin LNB set up. the nilesat server does not WORK in lagos. for a solid hotbird installation for it, a 3m dish is advisable. this is the KEY, so before making enquiries or asking questions, Please have the follwing in place or else you might just end up wasting your doochie!

all pending GOOGLE Group activations have been done. ENJOY! more to come very very soon!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 11:18am On Oct 21, 2009
@all

Strong Technologies l.l.c., operator of the My TV / Muvi TV - 19.10.2009

Dubai - Strong Technologies l.l.c., operator of the My TV DTH pay TV service for sub-Sahara Africa, was surprised by reports of announcements having appeared in the Zambian press regarding warnings made by the Zambian Government to My TV over the illegal nature of its alleged carriage of Muvi TV, a Zambian TV station with only regional broadcasting rights.

Strong Technologies hereby declares that Muvi TV:
    -        is not and never was part of, or hosted by, the My TV service
    -        is hosted on an independent platform, with no association whatsoever to My TV

Actually I heard in a previous Muvi TV news broadcast of the channel added to MY TV. But it seems My TV had changed its mind seeing the pressure as usual from our so called African leaders

http://www.mytvafrica.tv/Press.aspx?id=-1
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2009
@jayron,
There are many mpeg4 recievers out there that you can deploy for multi-tv. But presently only three seem to be more popular, e.g: daarsat, strong 4669X and the proprietary multi-tv digibox from the service providers themselves.
As for pricing, daarsat box stand alone goes for about 16K, STRONG 4669X new release goes for about 19K while the digibox I learnt is sold at Alaba for 22k. You can compare the various options and make your pick.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2009
@george_d thanks for d swift response. Pls help me wit dis and to @all pls am a bit confused on which band Nss7 is C or Ku? Wat d channels r likely to be? Language? Size of dish? Pls help out. Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2009
@george_d thanks for d swift response. Pls help me wit dis and to @all pls am a bit confused on which band Nss7 is C or Ku? Wat d channels r likely to be? Language? Size of dish? Pls help out. Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2009
@pitodenz,
That etv tp you gave me was rejected by my decoder saying out of range. I guess c-band frequencies end somewhere before 4800. Kindly re-check your source.

And, men! K6 STRONG is da real deal o! shocked I'm amazed at how that lnb keep boosting signal even more that SUPERMAX. Can you believe my AIT is striking 82% quality now whereas before the highest it could climb was 72%?! Even CNN and SMILE are better now than before. That LNB is a lucky breakthrough for all FTA C-band enthusiasts! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2009
@alancruise,
NSS7 is both C-band and KU. For their programs use this link:

http://www.lyngsat.com/nss7.html

The ku stations are mostly french speaking while for the c-band, there are english speaking stations there too. You can get the ku band signals using a 65cm strong pan dish and the c-band you can use a 1.8m pan or mesh. Best still you can use a single 1.8m dish with two lnbs for both beams.

Use LCF tp to track the ku (11051v, 30000sr) and use Aljazeera tp to track the c-band signal (4179v, 27500sr).
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by arabambi: 12:40pm On Oct 21, 2009
arabambi:

@all
Live 2nite Chelsea Vs Athletico Madrid

source
http://www.mbcradio.tv/wp-content/tvguide/mbc3.php

on w3a
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2009
@Dejsam,
Thanks for the update. It worked like a charm! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Adeexy: 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2009
@ Olofofo

I want to apply to be on the google group dis is my mail id aderemisamuel@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 1:26pm On Oct 21, 2009
@all, A friend of mine is travelling to Dubai on business trip over the weekend, any idea if and where he can purchase me any MPEG 4 decorder from that side? Can one get a STRONG SRT 4669x from Dubai? If not, how can I get hold of this SRT 4669x or any other decorder? I am writing from Malawi, neighbouring country to Zambia.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sylve11: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2009
@all,
keep the good job up! thumbs up for ya'll! kiss

George, Butoneday and my good brothers, i need a 3m-4m dish either fiber or pan. How do i get one? i'm taliking of a felly used one o.
Thanks kiss cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Adeexy: 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2009
Candymann:

@all, A friend of mine is travelling to Dubai on business trip over the weekend, any idea if and where he can purchase me any MPEG 4 decorder from that side? Can one get a STRONG SRT 4669x from Dubai? If not, how can I get hold of this SRT 4669x or any other decorder? I am writing from Malawi, neighbouring country to Zambia.

@ Candy Man

Solutions Malawi Ltd Lilongwe
P.O. Box 30963
Tel: +265 1753119
Fax: +265 01753117
Call to find out if they have and if they don't then I advise u asked your friend to help buy it from Dubai check www.strong-technologies.com to get a distributors add @ Dubai
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatiler(m): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2009
@ All here is the new TP 4 GO-Africa on W3
11105 V 03799
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2009
@ Adeexy, Many Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, Solutions Malawi Ltd do not have SRT 4669x in stock and there is no address for Dubai distributor.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2009
@Candyman

I believe since you are going to Dubai, it will be a lot easier to check the market there and might be a bit cheaper, just a thought. Depends on how much you want to spend, if you could get the SRT 4910, the better if not settle for the 4669x
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Adeexy: 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2009
Candymann:

@ Adeexy, Many Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, Solutions Malawi Ltd do not have SRT 4669x in stock and there is no address for Dubai distributor.

I suggest you ask your friend to check any popular Electronics Store am sure he'll get it there, or hold on for sometime maybe another member maybe able to help u with an add @ Dubai or if u prefer someone help u buy it here and send it over to u.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2009
@all can anyone confirm to me if free2view channel and aljazera channels are still on sirius.cause they are still on lyngsat as active but i can recieve it.it does not even hit green when i input tps.pls anyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread