Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,179 members, 7,849,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:43 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250124 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by gofitech(m): 8:14pm On Nov 01, 2009
olason:

@God of fta, father we thank u 4 wat u did 4 us ysterday ie watching 3 epl matches and other league matches 4 free without echolink or predator etc, Ha! baba u are 2  much. We pray dat by nex wk u increase it to 5 in Jesus name. Can I hear a loud amen?

@ olason
how?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2009
vickoy23:

@olofofo

That pics up there looks like a box that has iptv capability. have you laid your hands on it or have ameans to. i no go mind am at all o for experimental purposes.

I called it the stuff of dreams, it's about 530 pounds in the UK.

@alancruise

1m is more than enoug for what you are seeking. trying changing your LNB or slightly bending your 1m dish inwards during tracking, i noticed that some of the 1m dishes in the market have this fault. also using a double LNB feed might solve the problem of receiving both satellites on the same 1 m dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by litaninja(m): 2:23am On Nov 02, 2009
@ All: A life without internet for the past like 3 weeks!!! na wa o, cavemen dey try well well.

@George D: Nice config on the solar power system. Actually if a rapid and massive switch to solar power could be achieved in dis our naija, PHCN and Generator sellers for dey hear "wen". So far you have not said anything about the price of the solar modules themselves. Can you give a general quote? Tanx
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 9:23am On Nov 02, 2009
@ Toxnaija

Thanks for your response, honourable enitan has given me another option.

alancruise:

@george @ olofofo @all, i used a 1mtr dish dis afternoon to track w3a & sirus 4, though i lost some signal quality and malagasy did not come up on w3a after dat and i couldn't track stv1 and etv feeds on sirus 4? Is still possible 4me to track d feeds and stv1 without losin more signal quality?pls i need your help on these

do some tweaking and adjusting, it requires much patience, right now I'm receiving sirius4 and W3A on onee-90cm dish except for TV Miramar which i have not succeeded to track even pointing on 1-sat alone. i receive MBC1&2, STV1, 2STV, TV Zimbo, Go Africa, TPAI, Vox Africa, LMTV, TV Malagasy, MTA, RTS1, & about 6 feeds (4 on W3A, 2 on Sirius4)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 9:58am On Nov 02, 2009
@George_D

My honourable Speaker,where did u keep ur phone, even on Sunday afternoon till this morning it wasnt going.

I called on Senate President Twinstaiye to rescue me but he did not know the T.P's off hand. To track W3 i used 10976 V 3333. All yeilded no result (although i used 90cm)

What could be the problem?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 10:31am On Nov 02, 2009
@George D,

Thanks for the info on the Inverter.  A guy whom I have assisted to install  FTA stations said  his company builds inverters locally and that he can get me a 2KVA  for like 25k.  I want to go for that  and he is giving me 12 moths warranty on the  product.

Also will 100H dry cell motor battery be OK (brand new) as the guy who sells spare parts to me says he can get it for me for 20K. I want to know if it can last as long as the ones that the guys who markets  inverters  sell.

The guy who builds the inverter said that a couple of them were trained by some Chinese  some months ago and he also said that the chinese also sell  Solar modules for  around 15K and that I will need 2 of such panel for effective charge.

PS: with a total load of 400watts, how long do you think that a 100h battery can last when fully charged.  These statistics are necessary for me to be able to make informed choices.

Thanks.

Expecting your reply.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Chuckdee(m): 11:01am On Nov 02, 2009
obijack:

@George D,

Thanks for the info on the Inverter.  A guy whom I have assisted to install  FTA stations said  his company builds inverters locally and that he can get me a 2KVA  for like 25k.  I want to go for that  and he is giving me 12 moths warranty on the  product.

Also will 100H dry cell motor battery be OK (brand new) as the guy who sells spare parts to me says he can get it for me for 20K. I want to know if it can last as long as the ones that the guys who markets  inverters  sell.

The guy who builds the inverter said that a couple of them were trained by some Chinese  some months ago and he also said that the chinese also sell  Solar modules for  around 15K and that I will need 2 of such panel for effective charge.

PS: with a total load of 400watts, how long do you think that a 100h battery can last when fully charged.  These statistics are necessary for me to be able to make informed choices.

Thanks.

Expecting your reply.

Obijack,

Even though your questions were directed to GeorgeD, I would like to  chip in my 2 cents here. You see, when it comes to energy and power generation/distribution, there is no magic there, what you put in will definitely determine what you get. Its very important you are aware of the consequences of what our greedy Nigerian biznessmen hv used Chinese technology to do to us. Believe me, a 2KVA Inverter for 25k is rather suspicious to me when you consider quality. Again be informed that Inverters are of kinds, the best being the PURE SINE WAVE which is what you should go for if you want the best.

For batteries, the best for inverters are the DEEP CYCLE batteries and they last longer and much more efficient than your regular motor batteries which are otherwise cheaper.

As for total online hours you will get from your setup, it totally depends on the load you have on. Take for example you have a bucket full of water, it will take a longer time for you to empty the bucket if you are using a tea-cup than if you are using a bathing bowl! Therefore, you have to calculate your load and use only what is important, for the light points get ORIGINAL OSRAM ENERGY BULBS, its 11watt bulb= 75Watt filament based bulb!.  There are quite expensive but have a 3yr guarantee! ( each bulb goes for about 500-700 naira.)

Remember that your main aim of having an inverter is to save cost, that is when compared with running a generator, therefore, if you go for inferior and cheaper options, at the long run, you will end up spending more!

I advice you start with quality inverters and even with just a single Deep cycle 100 Ah Battery cos you can easily increase your battery bank with time which will consequentially give you more online time.

Good luck as you chart your way towards a cheaper and environmentally friendly way to power enjoyment! cheesy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 11:28am On Nov 02, 2009
@microgrant, thanks 4d help. Did u mean dat i should tweakle my lnb or wat? If that is done,will it not affect the sirus 4 station? Then also d feeds on w3a,pls can i have their tp? Since u said they r 3? Thanks @george,thanks 4d swift response,@ olofofo am very grateful.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:43am On Nov 02, 2009
@jayron,
Depending on your lnb position, you may need to change your tp polarity from V to H. For instance you may try 10976h instead of 10976v. Better stil use 12728v, 30000sr (tv zimbo). It is more reliable these days. If you don't get green after sweeping through the arc up to three times, change the polarity from v to h.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:59am On Nov 02, 2009
litaninja:

@ All: A life without internet for the past like 3 weeks!!! na wa o, cavemen dey try well well.

@George D: Nice config on the solar power system. Actually if a rapid and massive switch to solar power could be achieved in dis our naija, PHCN and Generator sellers for dey hear "wen". So far you have not said anything about the price of the solar modules themselves. Can you give a general quote? Tanx

@litaninja,
You're welcome back. Concerning the module prices, maybe you haven't taken time to go through previous posts but I did mention prices at one point. 50w modules go for about 45k, 75w modules go about 72k depending on the brand. However, why I don't emphasize so much on them as a part of your alternative enerygy system is because unless you live in a place where you are totally without public power (off-grid or transformer problem) you may not really need to incur the extra expense of buying solar modules to make up your system. If you live in an area where you're sure of at least 3 hours public power supply every two days (minimum) then you're better off without the modules. Personally, I have been using my inverter system with phcn for years until recently when I decided to add those sharp panels.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2009
@all, my kind regards.

kidsco fta on telstar11n @37.5west receivable on 60cm dish freg 11477 H 20,000
check it out and enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 12:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
samm, how ar u doing? are u back in lagos? when are u coming to track that bird for me? I hope this weekend though? and whats receivable on kidsco fta thing thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2009
@twinskenny,
kidsco is a cartoon channel. i will by Gods grace be in lagos by the weekend
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 02, 2009
@obijack,
Let me add to what Chuckdee just said. Never use ordinary car batteries for your inverter system. They are not meant for such use. What you need are deep cycle batteries. As for that 2kva local made inverter you talked about, I'd say be very careful. Personally I had a very bad experience with a local made inverter that nearly brought fire into my house and since then I've decided to stay away from them. The foreign made ones may be a little more expensive but so far I've found them more reliable than the local made types.

Lastly, your battery bank size is determined by your load and usage. The question is: How long do you want to run your equipments? 24hrs? 12hrs? 6hrs? 4hrs? Since you already have a fixed load of 400w in mind but no lenght of time, lets do the maths here together and see how far your 100AH (deepcycle) battery can carry you.

(For our calculation, let's assume a middle range of 6hrs to run your equipment maybe between 6pm to 12 midnight)

The load is 400watt X 6 = 2400 watthours per day
Taking into account 20% loss due to system inefficiencies =2880watthours

DIVIDE by System Voltage = 2880 / (12 X 0.8 )
Amp Hours of storage required= 300Ah at 12V

You want to use 100AH battery, so 300ah /100ah = 3

Therefore you will need three 100AH batteries connected in parallel to carry your load from 6pm to 12midnight uninterrupted.

However, you can always prorate this for the lesser number of batteries. So, one battery will take you approximately 2 hours.

Hope this helps?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2009
gofitech, how? God of fta intervene on our bhalf on sirius 4 last sat by making sure we watched Arsenal vs Tott and Liver vs fulham without d operators yanking it off, as they normaly do sometimes. I later switch over to anoda feed for Man u vs blackburn. So my bros dat was d reason I made those remarks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 3:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
@all i will edge everyone to try and track down w6 cause the BIG MATCH WILL BE LIVE on 2M ie CHELESEA vrs MATCHCHESTER UNITED.i love free to air
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by gofitech(m): 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2009
@Olason,
could you please send your phone number to my e mail : gofitech@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2009
@George D and 'Chuck,

Thank you both for your input and God bless u.

Like my people say "he who asks for directions never misses his way". Now I am better informed and can make better decisions based on this.

Thanks again.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Chuckdee(m): 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2009
@ George,
You couldn't have been more explicit in your explanations with those calculations!
@ Obijack, You are welcome brother. One luv.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2009
@ george D
thanks bros for your kind response, please what could be responsible for the 1.8m dish that i repainted not to pick ait lagos whereas all others in that position came out,its a 4653x strong decoder.
  @ pito
Thankx for picking my call i wanted to load big before calling so that credit will not cut the discussion and loading was a bit difficult last week before some serious necessary owambe and church biz tied me down till the week ran out, pls can I still call as per the yf stuff thanks alot
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 6:31pm On Nov 02, 2009
olason,
pls dont rejoice too much over the etv feeds.dont be surprised that they could decide not to join supersports for any match next weekend.I wish I still dey naija dey fish for fta.one week to my departure,i got some new stations on telstar including kidsco.i informed the house.but would you believe that two days to my flight,my strong receiver lost all the channels on its memory?I had to start all over again,even some hours to my flight I was still in Abeokuta imputting as many frequencies as possible for my family.this never happened in about 6years of fta.I believe my receivers and dishes were protesting over my long departure!

olofofo,
what is that receiver used for?it is very expensive at that price.even,a banker in the UK will think thrice before buying it!

badaru1 and Adewest,
where are the baba agbas,the baba mutum?Is predator server back?It was God that saved me here over the receiver.I had already convinced a friend of mine who was complaining about the high price of Sky Sports on Virgin Media Satellite to get Predator.She had already given me her debit card to purchase it online.It was God and my naija sense that told me to check the users'forum,and alas everybody was complaining that the server was down.I dont know of its present status.

all,
I want to say thank you to you.i am missing everybody especially those members who were here when fta was really exciting and adventurous-Vickoy,folo,enitan,gofitec,mide,onyengbu,dejsam,microgiant,pitodenz,george,butoneday,f-marshall,enigma,jujukemist,the guy in KD LATER mAIDUGURI,twinstaiye,joe,etc.
I remember the days of cable tv,w3a,sirius,nilesat,echolink,fuji,quarrels with oba ashewo enitan,90cm,2.4m,3m,even 6m dishes.sincerely,this forum deserves an award.Here in the UK,I manage to watch all the matches online.NTA is also available 24/7 but they disappoint at times.even yesterday,i managed to watch caf champions league on lc2 international online.nta was dead then.i watch nta news,super eagles and other fifa tourneys on nta.I miss you all.I am waiting for a stable receiver here.Is echolink still off?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2009
@osef,
Check your lnb focal lenght. It may have shifted.

@toxnaija,
It's so nice to hear from you once again. FTA is still waxing strong here even though we have little challenges of stable power. But as you can see, some of us are already working our way around this.

@obijack,
I suggest you look inwards and try and get the best you can afford for now. Maybe you could consider reducing your load if you must stick to your one battery 100ah option. For instance you could replace those regular power wasting yellow bulbs with white energy saving types. You'd be surprised to see your load drop to 200w from that original 400w estimated. And that means double the running time on one battery!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2009
@all i dont know what is happening to our lovely forum to share ideas.i believe those who are here to ruin us from enjoying our Fta shd be careful.if they are not prepared to share they shd stop reporting what goes on here.remember air is free.change for the better.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pheleix: 9:32pm On Nov 02, 2009
pls how can i revive my 4663x that was fried by lightening. The receier only show Ch10, TBC1. No chanel from Intel 7/10 none from Nss Cband and Astra 2B
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 10:00pm On Nov 02, 2009
Tox baba, how u dey? nice 2 hear 4rm u. I know by now dat feeds come and go but my zeal 4 them remain d same. I enjoy hunting them down, they are so many feeds out there waiting to b discovered.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2009
gofitech, u can reach me on dis nos. 08033231671
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 9:22am On Nov 03, 2009
@ george D

Thank u Honourable, i should have replied u but i was on outside assignment to our sister coy.

Want to ask if Starmark is an imported Inverter, n can 1Kv use two 100Ah batteries.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 11:37am On Nov 03, 2009
Happy Birthday to Olofofo of Nigeria. Wishing you many more years of gbeboruns and Ofofos in the midst of Owo, Ola, Alafia and Okiki. Amen
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 11:38am On Nov 03, 2009
@all

I dont think we are still in fta forum because i can see that inverter discussion don take over. pls why not create a forum for this inverter of a thing.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 11:41am On Nov 03, 2009
@ olofofo

Happy Birthday to you i am wishing you longlife full of God's protection and Blessing.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2009
@all
I insist Inverter can and will be discussed here. As long as its relevance is felt under FTA, keep up the discussion.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 12:23pm On Nov 03, 2009
@segunfms

Bros, without inveter how do u want people to enjoy FTA channels. People like me, i go home once in 7 days. By the time i got home there would be no lite,within me i continue to ask myself what other alternative do i have.

I must tell u that i have inverter at home but i never for one day think of using it. As my speaker (George_D) made mention of it my mind striked, i immediately tought of buying 100Ah battery for my Starmark Inverter to enjoy FTA channels.

I think without discussing inverter in this forum FTA of a thing is yet to complete.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.