Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,556 members, 7,861,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:02 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250671 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2009
Hmmm, I see that interest is developing in the Diseqc/USALS motor (aka H-H motor); i predicted some time ago that this would happen.

Actually there are instructions, pictures and videos in some of the threads from last year; one that I found on a quick search (there are others, I know) is from the following link especially post numbers 848-855.

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.832.html

PS @ enitan in the photo 2 pages back, you will need to be careful that the cables into the motor do not keep snagging out as the motor moves; see how this is handled in the photo in the link above.

I may only be able to pop in here once in a while like this because of busy-ness.

cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mickyhans(m): 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2009
@Zenus
Can you please give me the TP for Go Africa. Mine have being off for about a week now. Cheers
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by henarus: 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2009
GEORGE D,
CAN MPEG-4 RECEIVER TRAP CHANNELS OF MPEG-2/DVB ENCRYPTION?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by satcoper(m): 4:49pm On Oct 30, 2009
alancruise:

@all, i still dey jungle! Pls help confirm, any new station on sirus 4?
@alancruise
Canal2 international-cameroon- just arrived FTA on sirius on voxafrica tp 12605 V 29950. Just re-scan the tp.

mickyhans:

@Zenus
Can you please give me the TP for Go Africa. Mine have being off for about a week now. Cheers
@mickyhans
whenever GOAFRICA disappeared you just got to rescan its tp. They frequently change video and audio pid.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2009
henarus:

GEORGE D,
CAN MPEG-4 RECEIVER TRAP CHANNELS OF MPEG-2/DVB ENCRYPTION?

Yes, it can.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatiler(m): 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2009
@all new go-africa tp is on page 17 of this season posted by me
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2009
@ All i ve successfuly separated the 20 rf channels using 20 one-output rf modulators chosing more than 80% of the channels on vhf since vhf travel far than uhf. The channels was separated very clear in the control room. My biggest challenge is how to boost the signal to distance up to 600metres in more than 300 rooms without having signal lost. I need advice and suggestions. I also want to know the type of signal boosters to use and their prices and availablity in our market.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 9:52pm On Oct 30, 2009
Al, live fc porto vs belenses on intelsat 907. enyoy ur wkend guys.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 11:41pm On Oct 30, 2009
@all
really nice 2 see d alternative power issue given d needed attentn.it is unimaginable spendin hours 2 get ur favorite channels only 4 u 2 spend thousands weekly on gen sets in order 2 view them, BRAVO 2 all d creative minds here
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 11:56pm On Oct 30, 2009
@enitan
@olatiler
it is safe 2 say dat d line we communicate thru is dead(couldn't figure out if it was a theft or loss) but 08062073696 is my personal line at d moment
@george
i diald ur no.b4 postn dis, but ur gues is as gud as mine,maybe one of dis days i wud hear frm u on d line above
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 12:08am On Oct 31, 2009
@olason
during d manu.vs livpool game,2M crackd so badly dat i had 2 change d channel.signal strength at 38-42perc.on a 1.8m dish supermax ku lnb,but since u said u were hittin 62percent on ur 1.8m,maybe i need a little lnb finetunin when i finally get out of d weather.or wat do u think?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 31, 2009
@ borderline, point well noted.

@ all, to those that will like to get across to me, want to say now that it's only the mtn number you guys can reach me on between now and the next few weeks. Keep it up guys. We still remain da bomb on this forum anytime, anyday.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:56am On Oct 31, 2009
@pito,
Well done for your success so far. I have a guy here who may be of help but I think distance may be the issue. He is suggesting you use a radio link to transfer the signal over that distance and pick it up at that end for distribution. Have you thought of that before?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:57am On Oct 31, 2009
@borderline,
Use my 2nd glo number.

EDITED
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 10:44am On Oct 31, 2009
@all,i blind scan my w3a yesterday & i saw a new station which i think is a suppersport station my decoder named d station WTS broadcast service.After d Brazil,they ran d highlight with Nduka Ugbade in d studio.Do anybody notice it? No signal this morning.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 10:55am On Oct 31, 2009
Borderline, b4 I was using a strong lnbf was getting 2m national at 54% then after a while d signal disappared. Without wasting time I called baba to find out if i was d only one having such problems. I told Oga Badaru and explained my challanges to him. He advisdme on what 2 do. My bro I try but for were, Baba came around and changed d lnbf to digisat and adjused d arb a little and viola!I was hitting 62% signal qty. try tweaking ur lnb or change it to digisat then adjust ur arc a little.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 11:23am On Oct 31, 2009
@Emeritus
That is a feed line. They come and go
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 11:34am On Oct 31, 2009
@salamander, longest time. How ar u doing and the family. Thanks for that reply. In touch later.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 11:35am On Oct 31, 2009
@salamander, longest time. How ar u doing and the family. Thanks for that reply. In touch later.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2009
OLASON
i am very grateful 4 dat priceless info.i wil tweakle d lnb &see what happens.
@george
i wil ring u by 7pm
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2009
@all
can anyone who knows arabic decode d content of dis 2M premier league schedule site
http://www.2m.tv/sports/1league/
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:26pm On Oct 31, 2009
borderline:

@all
really nice 2 see d alternative power issue given d needed attentn.it is unimaginable spendin hours 2 get your favorite channels only 4 u 2 spend thousands weekly on gen sets in order 2 view them, BRAVO 2 all d creative minds here

@borderline,
Alternative power gives you a much deserved break from the hassles of generators. Even with as low as 40K to 50k you can set up an inverter system which carries your critical equipment and provides you noisless, clean power in the evenings when your neighbours are suffocating inside their generator noise and smoke. smiley
Imagine sitting quietly inside your room watching multi-tv till late into the night-say 12am or 1am without worrying about your landlord or neighbours complainig that you're disturbing them with your gen set noise? grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 12:33pm On Oct 31, 2009
@ Borderline
Go to translate.google. com. Copy the site link in there.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2009
@all arsenal vrs tott on etv hyde park feed
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2009
Na wa 4 etv feeds! I've been on sirus 4 close to 6wks & they never aired epl? Now av left for astra 2b, and they r now showin epl. I think i need a motorised
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2009
@ George D
             Can you shed more light on the radio link stuff. Moreover let me feed u in the purpose of the project. The company where using wireless transmitter of range of more than 1km to cover both their resident camp and some part of the gas plant. But because their camp where littered with different types of tv rf antenna just like ghetto they decide to remove all the antennas and make their camp international standard. Another problem is that the transmitter transmits only 6 channels in which one has broke down leaving them option of 5 channels. So in this case many senior staffs re using private dstv dishes and there were so many dishes hanging all over the camp. So now they decided to network all the rooms in the resident with at least 20 dstv channels and so far we ve finished laying the cables for the network. Now i dont think that the issue of radio link we serve as alternative cos on we ve finished the network cabling and terminations. Is not like we re not getting the signals to the required points but we need to make the picture clearer in some distance points. If u can help me to ask around for the type of booster and amplifier to use. For now we re using gain+-42db alcad booster and am planing to go for 45db which is the highest i can see here in ph. Anybody who have done super rf distribution is welcomed to contribute.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2009
@all I notice that my mbc in w3a is hittin red everyone confirm
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatiler(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2009
@Georg_D, pls bros creat small place 4 me in ur compound, that can contain just a room selfcontain, so that i can enjoy 365 days of lite with u. Your excellency mr speaker, since u said with 40k somebody can still enjoy small, now am goin to get free invater, 4m my bros that run cafe business. I also lean that i we need dry cell battery, pls what & what do i need more to prepair for?Apart of solarmodule Thanks.
@George_D for only u to enjoy 247 lite in ur area, i found u guilty. I hereby ordered u to park all the inverter + battery+ solar module with rest accessaries, & give it to our Modrator, or grant my 1st request accepted. court!!! order.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2009
@liverpool vrs fulham on etv hyde park feed
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fijabi(m): 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2009
@all,mbc 1&2 is back
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2009
@fijabi, what happen to rts, lcf & co on w3a. They have no signal at my end
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fijabi(m): 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2009
Emeritus153:

@fijabi, what happen to rts, lcf & co on w3a. They have no signal at my end
@emeritus153,all my channels are ok my hit 68%to70%.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.