Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,589 members, 7,847,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:46 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249971 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ George D
please what could be wrong with my dish each time i motorize it to station like cnn and what to return to the others in the east it lost memory as in it will not show unless i twit the position a little higher or lower,depending on the station.
wishing happy Xmas in advance
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ enitan,
d sat finder get 2 rf mouth. Try face d indicator meter. On ur left,to d lnb on d dish. on ur right to d decoder. Input d required searching tp for d sat u wan track,leavin it der, start trackin., if indicator moves frm 0 - 10, indicatin eida a green or red led light wit a funny sound, Jackpot. I'l advice u try wit an already trackd dish so as to kno wer wil go to dish & to d decoda. Also, d higha d numba,d beta d signal.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 7:14pm On Dec 15, 2009
George_D:

@oga Twins,
I got your message. Kindly provide your email for further discussion or you can call me.
You have my number already.
twinstaiye@gmail.com. I guess I might have lost your number.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2009
@all can any1 confirm if those hitv channels are still on.thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ pofolo, may you walk and never stumble. You are too gbaski. What about that adjustable knob? Whats it use for? Is it a must you set it to the maximum? I connected it to my existing installed dish and i could heard was a beeping sound and the indicator was in number 7 when am on a active tp but when am not on a active one it drops to number 5 and still making the beeping sound. Tell me how to go about it when am to do a fresh installation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2009
@George d. pls which oda replacement pls cos it sims i cant do witout etv i beg u.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 8:31pm On Dec 15, 2009
@paps1,pofolo@all.pls u guys shld help me wit hitv tp and which stations i wud watch w4a
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ eni,
4low d procedure as b4,leave tv inside,let d wire 2d dish n sat finder b short & frm decoda to dish to do d whole full instalatn. track,if u hear sound, tite dish small,4low by adjustment on meter level. D higher d meter numba d higher d strent%. Disconet sat-finder & d short wire to lnb afta u don tite dish,den conect d cable frm decoca to lnb. Dat shd do d magic
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:37pm On Dec 15, 2009
@enitan,
I think all pofolo said is correct. In addition, the knob you're talking about is for fine-tuning. When you hit a satellite, the signal meter jumps up to maximum but you will need to reduce ithe sensitivity to say 4 or 3 by turning that knob you're talking about. Continue adjusting the dish while all the time reducing the sensitivity (never mind the beeping sound) until it get to a point where there is no further increase. That is when you know you have reached the point of maximum signal.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:43pm On Dec 15, 2009
@twinstaiye,
Copy that. Be expecting my mail.

@Hopitinto,
You have multi-tv and others to keep you engaged.
Try and read back posts of season 3 to be more informed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2009
@all
In Copenhagen, 1 thing i know i will always look out for is the kind of satellite & dish arrangement people here use.
We are blessed with Nilesat and all others bak home my people.
Here u are being taxed for the properties u amassed, not so much homes hang satellite dish as in Naija(where we no know anythn like tax), coupled with the heavy down pour of snow now, satellite reception is seriously impeded. The few iv seen are the 60cm size.
Again, Tv broadcast here has already gone digitall, homes with analog Rxs use digital terestrial Rxs to be able to view progs on tv.
In 1 of the shopping centre i visited-EL GIGANTEN-electronic giant, I was only able to find Strong Digital Terestrial Rxs, Strong 4900/4910 was my tagret, but I was only able to c 1 Samsung satellite Rx which cost 3000 kron, abot N90,000. Im still interested in d strong anyway.

@ George-D, Dejsam, Enitan, micro-g, spacevice, pofo, pito, twinsT, salamanda, paps, zenus, olat, rich8. Shun! for u all
be alife, be alart, there are always birds to hunt down.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2009
anybody on hotbird?Novasport7 is on on echolink.still watch it this morning but my jsc card on hotbird fail to show again.still cant find out wat d problem is .imagine i still watch it till late last night.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 9:33pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ hopitinto,
as adviced go 4 multi tv. If u hesitate, hitv tp is 11900h27500
12130h27500.
@ all,
hitv is changin tp & dats why we have d free view.
12128h27494
12089h27473
12088v27495
12127v27490. Or just blindscan.
As at wen i checkd those stations were not showin.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2009
George, starting a fresh installation where should the adjustable knob be set to?

@ pofolo is hitv changing sat position too?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2009
@spaceman,
Compliments of the season to you from all of us here in naija.
Please keep the fta flag flying yonder! smiley

@enitan,
Try and keep the knob between 5 & 6. Then reduce progressively as you hit signal.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2009
@hopitinto i hope u are ok wit the tp of hitv and the angle is 36 e
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 6:23am On Dec 16, 2009
@spaceman
Hv all the fun and keep looking for new things on satellites over there.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatiler(m): 6:39am On Dec 16, 2009
@spaceman bros i hope u are cool? moreover, bros ur expensis was not yet completed if didnt buy me gift 4m ur trip.[color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 9:00am On Dec 16, 2009
There no fri chanels on hitv@paps1.pls george i dnt hv multi tv,crtv cos ma decoder is lower version@george
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 9:57am On Dec 16, 2009
George_D:

@micro,
No luck with etv either on 902/c or intelsat 7/10k using 4663x. Maybe you're talking of the new 4669x.
but why bother with etv when you have so many other replacements?

It was because of this I ordered for the Opticum 9500HD but it is like there some unresolved issues with the stb and it has been withdrawn or production stopped. So my money was returned.

Nash-FTA:

@Microgiant,
My GTV decoder model is: COSHIP CDVB-5668

I'm avoiding the DAARSAT decoder because of issues like this. most PayTV STB's a custom made by the manufactures for the PayTVs and there are no software support, except for the PayTV owner's upgrades.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:19am On Dec 16, 2009
@all,
FTA dish tracking here just got even better with the arrival of my GPS satellite finder and Angle locator/inclinometer. I been checking out both items since saturday and I can say they're a necessary addition for any serious enthusiast. With the Garmin eTrex GPS Personal Navigator guesswork is totally eliminated as it indicates your location co-ordinates anywhere you are. Also the course pointer tells you which direction you're actually pointing (in degrees).

Dish tracking is however the least use for this multi-purpose tool as it also includes a trip computer (you can take it with you as you drive along and it gives you real time speed, mileage or odometer, bearing, trip time, expected time of arrival, total time, etc.

The Johnson Angle locator on the other hand is useful for newbies trying to determine dish elevation (especially for large dishes). However it can also be used for a wide variety of applications including roof tilt measurements and solar array installations.
Will post pictures soon.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2009
@George_D
@Enitan2002

Complement of the season to u and all in the forum. I would want to know which decoder is suitalble to track ETV, pls supply me the T.P and the satellite with the Degree.

Cheers.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ikiriye(m): 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2009
pito i need us to kill that bird badr today or 2morrow.i no need delay abeg 4 chrismas don rich abeg
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ikiriye(m): 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2009
pito how far u neva finish wetin u day do
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2009
@jayron,
You need strong 4669x. Talk to pitodenz about the etv tp. Presently I'm still using daarbox for multi tv so no need for 69x yet.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2009
olason:

ALL, The free2view decoder is not for free oooo but they are yet to decide on how much it will go for. guys lets start saving ooooo!

I think this is the same company as the Freesat in UK.  They broadcast mostly FTA Channels through one bird and make revenue from adverts.
check the decoders they are using in UK here

Channels is here

but no live sports (especially football) but plenty of news, movies, documentaries etc.  
Initially they wanted to roll out in South Africa, but Multichoice hit them with a court case that's why they couldn't start.  It is like the case is over.

This Technisat satellite receiver is similar to the Kaon they want to use for Africa.

Those who have been supporting HiThieves and DSThieves lets see how you can survive.  
If fully implemented their package is better then HiThieves, Daarsat without football/Nollywood movies and it is for FREE
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2009
@ George- d,
how much all dis instrument cost ?.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 4:43pm On Dec 16, 2009
@ all,
crtv is going off & on. i.e goin red & green, Gtv & dvb o.k. Pls confirm dis !!!
@ microgiant,
can u pls check how much d kaon cost in u.k 4 us 2 know likely cost in #. Do u also know how much d techno cost ?.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by babaegun(m): 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2009
George_D:

FTA dish tracking here just got even better with the arrival of my GPS satellite finder and Angle locator/inclinometer. I been checking out both items since saturday and I can say they're a necessary addition for any serious enthusiast. With the Garmin eTrex GPS Personal Navigator guesswork is totally eliminated as it indicates your location co-ordinates anywhere you are. Also the course pointer tells you which direction you're actually pointing (in degrees).

Wow!! That is fantastic. It must have cost a fortune!  abeg, post pictures as soon as possible.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2009
@All about 10 hi station is on, confirm pls
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 6:05pm On Dec 16, 2009
George still waiting for responce on baba_egun's question.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:29pm On Dec 16, 2009
@baba_egun,
@pofolo,
@sayso,

Those gadgets are really not for the faint of heart. The Garmin eTrex GPS Personal Navigator costs about 35K after much haggling and the Johnson Angle locator costs about 6K both from Lagos. Check below for the pictures:

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.