Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,015 members, 7,845,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249867 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:33pm On Dec 16, 2009
Here's the Garmin GPS Personal navigator. Funny enough it looks exactly like a gsm handset so its easy for the un-learned to confuse it for one:  smiley

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:36pm On Dec 16, 2009
And the inclinometer/angle locator. What you see is what you get: smiley

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 16, 2009
micros,

are you saying that the free2view on sirus is the same company on that link you posted? if so, let me reserve my comments till then sha.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2009
@ all,
live europa league match
basel vs fulham.
Mbc3 on w3a
crtv on astrab
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 8:58pm On Dec 16, 2009
@george
i think i might hav lost d free 2 view dat is being talkd of recently.pls help me confirm d tp u ar using & d particular bird it is on (7E OR 4E)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 10:10pm On Dec 16, 2009
@all chelsea vrs pompey on sirius .etv feed
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 5:12am On Dec 17, 2009
@ captainious,
@ all,
is it d same sirius 4.8 east. Pls hit me wit d tp. Wil it hit green on 90cm dish ?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 17, 2009
Peeps in da house, how many sirus do we have ooo? Am sick and fed up with some questions. Later there will be question on how many w3a we do have also.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 17, 2009
To those who have been calling for my help in satellite installation i'm sorry to say this based on what i have at hand now i won't be able to attend to any issues that require my presence but i can still be able to give you some consultation and advice on installation through phone calls. You can get across to anyone that is available on the forum to help with your installation. But to those who needs my expertise, i'm introducing to you my very good pal also on this great forum in person of adeexy. He's very good even better than i am, dedicated and trustworthy. So i leave you guys with him and he's going to attend to all your cases regarding free to air satellite installation. Thanks and regards.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 7:15am On Dec 17, 2009
@pofolo .i have been askin this question for some time,but no response. pls which website do you get the programme shedule for mbc. .@captainus .what is the tp for the etv feed that you are picking?. @all COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON.God bless u and kip it coming,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Kcbenjamin(m): 8:06am On Dec 17, 2009
@ Able George_D , please there are certain issues that i need your advice on but i prefer hearin the sound of your voice. So if its not too much to ask, then kindly text it to my line( 08030525771) or email me at ( kc2000men@yahoo.com) thanks for your consideration.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 8:51am On Dec 17, 2009
@ALL pls i need those tp for the e feeder on sirius pls my email is larryenob@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 8:57am On Dec 17, 2009
George thanks for that information/picture,having it will be for the future,something that helps you point to the right direction is the way foward.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:00am On Dec 17, 2009
@Kcbenjamin,
Use my second glo line: 08076190054.

@sayso,
You're welcome. There's nothing better than having the right
tools for the job. And if you must use tools at all, why not use the best?
I speak from experience! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 9:06am On Dec 17, 2009
@ Georrge D
          What remain for u is to get an equipment that will enable to see satellite beam physical. You re too much,am impressed. In the other hand,dont u think that a gsm phone with a gps can do the same? reply asap.
@ Enitan
          Why not get yourself a laptop dvd player with AV-in or rf input for portable movement. In Alaba u can get tokunbo for about 5k new one is no more than 12k. Those sat finders sucks!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Kcbenjamin(m): 9:15am On Dec 17, 2009
@ George_D, please i will also be glad if you can provide me with a link that focus on motorizing a c band dish, i need to motorize my supermax 1.8m pan dish with a Eurostar 24" Reg Actuator & a superjack EZ-2000 positioner. Please i need to know how to go about it because i have not be able to figure out how to connect or screw it to the dish. I confess, i am confused, S.O.S
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 9:36am On Dec 17, 2009
Rextab:

@pofolo .i have been askin this question for some time,but no response. pls which website do you get the programme  shedule for mbc.           .@captainus .what is the tp for the etv feed that you  are picking?. @all COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON.God bless u and kip it coming,

Your best option to get etv feed is to do your bland scan during the match
then check http://www.mbcradio.tv/tv-guide/ for mbc program guide
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2009
@pito,
Wetin we go do now? At least we have to push the frontiers of FTA every now and then. smiley

Talking of a gsm phone with gps, provided it has features for real time course pointing
and a built in compass, I think it will do. But of course you may not expect all the details compared to a stand alone navigator. I have not used a Nokia 6110 Navigator but I think it should come close enough.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2009
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 10:16am On Dec 17, 2009
@ George
I ve used a gps phone to locate my location in ph here and i was so impressed about the technology. I think phone gps ll ve advantage because of its ability to upgrade,just a thought. Moreover am saving to acquire one. Nokia 5800or 5230.
@ ALL
How do one input a dcw and ccw keys in strong,the keys come like biss keys. Strong has ccw key editor but the ccw keys i saw online looks exactly like bsss keys,the same with dcw keys. By the way whats the different between the two.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2009
@all good day guys i really like the way things are going on here lets keep it up.i am begining to suspect some thing fishy and i hope u guys can help me out.i begin to wonder where the other stations have gone to like ariane which was on w3a and more over there are some stations which broadcast outside the regions but we dont know the satellite they are on. Could it be that we are not aware of other satellite footprint in our area that we have not nailed.am just curious but is there a possibility that we have not nailed all the birds within our footprint
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 11:32am On Dec 17, 2009
@ eni,
@ all,
abeg no vex,i jst cant believ dat afta all i no know say etv get feed ontop sirius. No mind me o jare. Pls, abeg, jo , mbok, bikonu post d etv tp on sirius.
@ paps1
u dey corect.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2009
@george
pls kindly refer to my post above &give me a reply
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2009
borderline:

@george
i think i might hav lost d free 2 view dat is being talkd of recently.pls help me confirm d tp u ar using & d particular bird it is on (7E OR 4E)

@borderline,
I've not been following the free2view story partly because past experience shows that they're not a serious bunch. But since you're so interested, why not do a blind scan of either sirius 4 or w3a? If it is there I'm sure the tp will come out.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2009
@pitodenz,
The GPS solution is clearly the way to go especially for serious FTA enthusiasts.
However I think you should consider the Nokia 6110 Navigator more as it seems to have better gps features than 5800 or 5230 - just my opinion though.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2009
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BANKY77NG(m): 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2009
Where are we going to watch Nations Cup?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ banky77,
any fta channel dat is affiliated to AUB (africa broadcastin union -i think) shd do.
Were to find them ?.
Lcf,rst1,stv on w3a. Also since ANC is in angola tpa on w3a shud also. Probability of both go-africa & mbc is also high.
Muvi tv on pas7/10.
Gtv on astrab.
For me i think d bird to shoot 4 nations cup is w3a.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2009
@sathob,
Thanks for reaching out. Seasons greetings to you and the family.

@zenus,
Don't confuse an ordinary sat finder and a gps navigator. They both can never be the same.
Just stay tight and keep the focus, ok?

@Dejsam,
I sent you the waybill number. You can collect the package on Saturday morning. Thanks.

@BUTONEDAY,
Thanks for the unannounced visit this morning. I have seen the package. Thanks once again.
Try out the modified 6m and see if it works on the new espn tp (11431v). Expecting feedback
soonest.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 7:43pm On Dec 17, 2009
@HENRY thanks man i got it
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 8:22am On Dec 18, 2009
@all
the two 2M tp's (11653 v 15714 & 11669 v 2480 on EW6) are showin red,pls someone confirm
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 9:25am On Dec 18, 2009
@borderline,

borderline:

@all
the two 2M tp's (11653 v 15714 & 11669 v 2480 on EW6) are showin red,pls someone confirm

As at last night all the two were working fine.

@Salamander
@ George-D
@Pito
@ ALL

Does anybody know the features of SRT 4992? Mytv advertises it as one of the HD receivers but  i couldn't find it on STRONG website or through the search engines.

@Salamander,

I've now also joined the 69x league but my SABCs (intel902/c) are still not stable on my 1.8m pan.Do I need tweaking the lnb or it's a general problem?My NTV is fine

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.