Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage (1688 Views)

Open Relationship Is Bliss / Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? / What Do People Mean When They Say They Are "In An Open Relationship"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by gistsstack(m): 7:03am On Aug 30, 2016
Open marriages or relationships for some are the functional glue that holds a union together. For others, they are the key factor that destroys marriages. Non-monogamous marriages remain quite uncommon, even in today’s world, but people just can’t seem to stop talking about them.
Today, i share with you a story of a woman who open relationship ruined her marriage.

Her Story…

My husband and i were having marital issues and most significantly sex and infidelity. However, we agreed to have an open relationship for a year and told each other whom we were seeing. At first, everything appeared fine. The open relationship idea was working and that we wouldn’t have to worry regarding cheating on each other.

At some point, we engage in threesomes in the name of exploring our marriage before we were too old. All this brought my husband and i closer and i was happy that infidelity issues had stopped. I didn’t have to worry regarding where he was or what he was doing.

A year later, we decided to end the open relationship plan, thinking everything was going to be fine. My husband was no longer interested in me. We did not make love at all and this was killing me silently.

After few weeks I asked him if we could see a marriage counselor. He shut me down. He told me that he had met someone else during the open relationship period and that he had planned to move in with the woman.

At first, i thought he was joking just to get my attention, but that was not the case. He had fallen in love with another woman and it was entirely my fault. He even had the courage to introduce me to the woman and said he was going to marry her.

We got divorced a month later and I’m blaming myself for destroying my marriage. It really hurts because all I wished was to bring my husband closer but instead, I pushed him away to another woman.

I have heard a lot of people say that they want to have an open relationship with their spouses. That is something i wouldn’t advice. Women make sure you don’t push your better half away in the name of making an attempt to please him. My marriage was wrecked as a result of an open relationship plan and so will your relationship.

Source: http://www.gistsstack.com/open-relationship-destroys-marriage/
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by Davash222(m): 7:05am On Aug 30, 2016
Open relationship in marriage, and you expect your marriage to last??

Divorce is the the aftermath of any open relationship.
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 30, 2016
enjoy the pain
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by ironheart(m): 7:13am On Aug 30, 2016
My grandfather had a saying, what you cannot finish do not start, a woman can have sex without emotion attached but a man does remember where he had the best of it and thats where his heart will be. No man likes the idea that his woman had slept with so many men, that is why men hardly fall in love with prostitute. He must have thought about what you would be doing behind his back n thought it wise to move on.

We do not like the idea that we are raising someone else kids in our home

1 Like

Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by AdeniyiA(m): 7:15am On Aug 30, 2016
Open relationship creates open sores that are cancerous ...
Still acceptable to some extent with men but with women, it's a no no
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by finalboss(m): 7:22am On Aug 30, 2016
heya... enjoy it while it last
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by alobright17(m): 7:33am On Aug 30, 2016
Madam why not get married to the same guy you were doing your open relationship with? So it will be one one
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by raphzeey(m): 7:45am On Aug 30, 2016
Open relationships in marriage will always leave an adverse psychological effect on both partners...

Sorry for your broken relationship.
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by ehix89(m): 7:57am On Aug 30, 2016
explorergrin, hope you find gold smiley
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by Tinalex(f): 7:59am On Aug 30, 2016
sorry o....or is it just me? I read this post and all i kept seeing was "we decided to do this or e decided to do that" at the tail end the said woman is now claiming the blame of pushing the husband away... biko nu what kind of dumb women do we have in this generation? They both did the crime,so all cos she the hubby now wants to move on she now claim the blame! Its ok keep taking the blame.
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by AfricanApple(f): 8:54am On Aug 30, 2016
AdeniyiA:
Open relationship creates open sores that are cancerous ...
Still acceptable to some extent with men but with women, it's a no no
Biased. the man is married, why should it be acceptable for him to some extent.
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by Janeyinspires(f): 9:41am On Aug 30, 2016
Another name for open relationship is infidelity....Trying to keep your marriage with open relationship is an approval to marriage break-down.
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by AdeniyiA(m): 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
AfricanApple:
Biased. the man is married, why should it be acceptable for him to some extent.
Just being real, men by nature were created to be polygamous.
Religion and economy just limit this...
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by Olasco93: 8:35pm On Aug 30, 2016
It would be very easy to judge the woman, but some times this is what happens when you are in love without carrying your Senses along.
Also, being in love can make the powerful feels powerless.
I always weep for divorcers and divorcees.
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by Berbierklaus(f): 8:58pm On Aug 30, 2016
AdeniyiA:

Just being real, men by society standards created by the ancient men are allowed to be polygamous.
Fixed cool
Re: How Open Relationship Destroyed My Marriage by AfricanApple(f): 9:38am On Aug 31, 2016
AdeniyiA:

Just being real, men by nature were created to be polygamous.
please, not created by god to be polygamous but by man. if you understand what I mean. God created one man, one woman.

(1) (Reply)

Im Back / Why Does She Cry When Ever I Threaten To Break Up With Her? / Should I poison my boyfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.