Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. (1065 Views)

Nigerian Lady Tries To Get Sugar Daddy On Facebook, See What Happened Next / 18+: Daddy's New Wife / Man Gives His New Wife A Car As Wedding Gift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by NevetsIbot(m): 12:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
I normally hear women call their husbands ''Daddy'' and I wonder, kini itunmo gbogbo rubbish yii?.

Yesterday, A female friend and I were talking abt relationships. She told me of her married cousin who is just 25yrs. According to her, her cousin calls her husband ''Daddy'' Cos the man and his mother claimed it was a must a neccessity to accord respect unto the man. While the man is just 26yrs of age.

I wonder if this is just part of the yoruba culture. Cos, why would a man tell his wife to call him daddy. For what? Weren't they fine calling eachother endearing names while they were just courting? Heck!! I know few married people who still calll eachother by names... Mum calls Dad ''D''... Meaning ''Dear''... My Grandparents call eachother by names. And many more.

I agree that marriage can sometimes bo oppressive for the female gender. The poor woman wont even be free to relate with her husband... When she's not a maid.
Re: When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
You hear issues like these only in Nigeria.
Re: When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by NevetsIbot(m): 12:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
Jhuniyour:
You hear issues like these only in Nigeria.

My guy. E tire me... D day my wife calls me ''daddy'' ehn... She will show me where I go the name from
Re: When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by NevetsIbot(m): 10:48pm On Sep 15, 2016

Re: When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 15, 2016
Daddy koor,grandpa ni undecided
Re: When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by NevetsIbot(m): 11:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
MzLarem:
Daddy koor,grandpa ni undecided
grandpa too will be good o
Re: When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
NevetsIbot:
grandpa too will be good o
Lets kuku end it and call him 'My ancestor'

1 Like

Re: When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by NevetsIbot(m): 7:37am On Sep 16, 2016
MzLarem:
Lets kuku end it and call him 'My ancestor'
Kilode? What has he done?
Re: When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by Gothblackgal(f): 7:52am On Sep 16, 2016
lol, very prominent among Yorubas. My dad also calls her "mummy". All things being equal.
Re: When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 16, 2016
NevetsIbot:
Kilode? What has he done?
Lol..i'm only showing respect na
Re: When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by McBrooklyn(m): 9:56am On Sep 16, 2016
Why will your newly wedded wife be calling you daddy when you never born pikin yet?? undecided
Re: When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by mrmrmister: 9:58am On Sep 16, 2016
Nigeria and stupidd culture
Smh

This country will remain stagnant for ages

#BitterTruth
Re: When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by bamac(m): 10:57am On Sep 16, 2016
Calling him that will reduce the closeness, that is just backward.
Re: When A Man Expects His New Wife To Call Him Daddy. by starrygal(f): 11:40am On Sep 16, 2016
d man adopt d wife as him pikin?

(1) (Reply)

Women Are The Reason Men Cheat / I Need Your Advise Biko!!!! / Please Help What Can I Do To Convince Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.