Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira (29234 Views)

3 Ways To Earn One Million Naira Before 2018 Runs Out -NigeriaOnlineBusiness.com / This Part Of Mmm's Terms And Condition Got Me Thinking / An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by iamawara(m): 11:45pm On Sep 04, 2016
Emmyk:
I requested to help with 20k for over a week now, I haven't been matched, does it take this long?

Its normal. My last PH lasted 22 days but i was matched on friday, will ne sending the guy d money tomorrow. So PH can take up to 42 days, but your mavro is still growing
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by Emmyk(m): 11:46pm On Sep 04, 2016
eay:

Yes...it may even take up to 3weeks...but d goodnews is dt...u will still get paired but ur money grows while it's still in your pocket.
D panic my fellow mavrodian...all u need is patience
I put 20k, so that I can qualify for the $20 Registration bonus, but with the way naira is falling upandan, hope the 20k would still be up to $50 when I'm finally matched?

I have calculated 33k return already o. grin grin
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by iamawara(m): 11:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
Nnaabros:
You mean it keeps increasing the longer it stays? cheesy cheesy

You get 1% of your cash every day. Your cash can stay for a year but i dont advice that. I usually allow my own to stat for 40 days which is 40% before requesting to get help.

2 Likes

Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by Emmyk(m): 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
iamawara:

Its normal. My last PH lasted 22 days but i was matched on friday, will ne sending the guy d money tomorrow. So PH can take up to 42 days, but your mavro is still growing
For reals? Mavro grows while the money is still in my account?
I thought it only starts growing the day I send the cash?

The guy that taught me said it starts growing the day I PH. Then 15 days after this, my Mavro would be locked, but unlocked after the 16th day.
You said some PH can take up to 42 days, does that mean you have a 42% Mavro.

In a nutshell, when really does Mavro starts growing?
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by iamawara(m): 1:10am On Sep 05, 2016
Emmyk:

For reals? Mavro grows while the money is still in my account?
I thought it only starts growing the day I send the cash?

The guy that taught me said it starts growing the day I PH. Then 15 days after this, my Mavro would be locked, but unlocked after the 16th day.
You said some PH can take up to 42 days, does that mean you have a 42% Mavro.

In a nutshell, when really does Mavro starts growing?

Dear Sir. your Mavro starts growing the first day you made a pledge thats the first day you clicked on GIVE HELP. you can be matched at any Time, it may take 7, 10, 15 20 or even 45 (your money in your pocket at the same time mavro is growing) days before you are matched with the person you will give the money. During this period you will not be able to request for help since you have not given anyone help. So your mavro will be growing from the very fist day u clicked on provide help. if it takes more than 30 days before you are matched your mavro will keep on growing even if it takes upto 40 days. you will be given the percentage base on the number of days it takes. you can even allow your money to stay for 60 days or more and still get 60% or more but i will not advice u to do that.

sorry for the typo in case you see any..... sleep dey ma eye lol
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by Emmyk(m): 1:31am On Sep 05, 2016
Thanks for the explicit explanation @iamawara.
Just one more question tho.
Let us assume I am matched at day 35, and I pay the person same day, can I request to GH on that particular day?
When is the 15 days lock my friend talked about?

I'll be waiting for your feed once you wake in the morning.
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by eay(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
Emmyk:

I put 20k, so that I can qualify for the $20 Registration bonus, but with the way naira is falling upandan, hope the 20k would still be up to $50 when I'm finally matched?

I have calculated 33k return already o. grin grin

Lol...I was expecting SEC to help in d dollar irregularities grin but dey were busy talking shit abt my ever profiting mmm
Lol
Ur $50 donation will b calculated based on the forex exchange as @wen u requested to PH. So no qualms.
U can check dt in ur #mavros
U will c both ur money and registration bonus.
One of my DLs reg bonus just grew to $25 reg bonus kiss cheesy
I'm in love with MMM already. Long live mmm

1 Like

Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by eay(m): 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2016
Emmyk:
Let us assume I am matched at day 35, and I pay the person same day, can I request to GH on that particular day?

You can GH the nxt day if it took over 30days bfor u r paired. So, GH doz not take time in pairing only PH doz...and dat shows the system is healthy.

1 Like

Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by Emmyk(m): 1:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
eay:

Lol...I was expecting SEC to help in d dollar irregularities grin but dey were busy talking shit abt my ever profiting mmm
Lol
Ur $50 donation will b calculated based on the forex exchange as @wen u requested to PH. So no qualms.
U can check dt in ur #mavros
U will c both ur money and registration bonus.
One of my DLs reg bonus just grew to $25 reg bonus kiss cheesy
I'm in love with MMM already. Long live mmm

Ope oo!! \grin/ \grin/

What's your DLS ] I don't get that part.
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by Emmyk(m): 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2016
eay:

You can GH the nxt day if it took over 30days bfor u r paired. So, GH doz not take time in pairing only PH doz...and dat shows the system is healthy.
Wow. Cool.
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by charloski(m): 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2016
The success of MMM in attracting investors led to the creation of other similar companies, including Tibet, Chara, Khoper-Invest, Selenga, Telemarket, and Germes. All of these companies were characterised by aggressive television advertising and extremely high promised rates of return. One company promised annual returns of 30,000%.[citation needed]

On July 22, 1994, the police closed the offices of MMM for tax evasion. For a few days the company attempted to continue the scheme, but soon ceased operations. At that point, Invest-Consulting, one of the company's subsidiaries, owed more than 50 billion rubles in taxes (USD 26 million), and MMM itself owed between 100 billion and 3 trillion rubles to the investors (from USD 50 million to USD 1.5 billion). In the aftermath at least 50 investors, having lost all of their money, committed suicide.[citation needed]

Several organisations of "deceived investors" made efforts to recover their lost investments, but Sergei Mavrodi manipulated their indignation and directed it at the government. In August 1994 Mavrodi was arrested for tax evasion. However, he was soon elected to the Russian State Duma, with the support of the "deceived investors". He argued that the government, not MMM, was responsible for people losing their money, and promised to initiate a pay-back program. The amount ultimately paid back was minuscule compared to the amount owed.[citation needed]

In October 1995, the Duma cancelled Mavrodi's right to immunity as a deputy. In 1996, he tried to run for Russia's presidency, but most of the signatures he received were rejected. MMM declared bankruptcy on September 22, 1997.[citation needed]

While it was believed that Sergei Mavrodi left Russia and moved to the United States, it is possible that he stayed in Moscow, using his money to change apartments regularly and employ a group of former special agents. With the help of a distant relative he started Stock Generation Ltd., another pyramid scheme based around trading non-existent companies' stocks in a form of the "stock exchange game" on the company's site, stockgeneration.com. Despite a bold-letter warning on the main page that the site was not a real stock exchange, between 20,000 and 275,000 people, according to various estimates, fell for the promised 200% returns and lost their money. According to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, losses of victims were at least USD 5.5 million.[citation needed]

Mavrodi was found and arrested in 2003. While in custody, Mavrodi was given until January 31, 2006 to read the documents in his fraud case against him (The criminal case consisted of 650 volumes, each 250-270 pages long).[citation needed] At the end of April 2007, Mavrodi was convicted of fraud, and given a sentence of four and a half years. Since he had already spent over four years in custody, he was released less than a month later, on May 22, 2007.[citation needed] He later went on to creating yet another pyramid scheme called MMM-2011.

The MMM scandal led to increased regulation of the Russian stock market, but the legacy of the fraud led many to become extremely suspicious of any joint stock companies.

In 2015 MMM began operating in South Africa with the same business model as MMM-2011, claiming a "30% per month" return through a "social financial network".[3] The group was identified as a possible pyramid scheme by the National Consumer Commission and accounts of clients were later frozen by Capitec Bank.[4] In response to mounting criticism and official investigations by state authorities in 2016 supporters of the South African MMM scheme staged a protest march in Johannesburg.[5]

In 2016, MMM launched a website targeting the Nigerian audience.[6]

In January 2016 the Chinese government banned MMM on the grounds that it is a pyramid scheme, (Ponzi scheme), and it is not registered in the country (and as a fraudulent scheme cannot be registered).[7]

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMM_(Ponzi_scheme_company)

1 Like

Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by eay(m): 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
Emmyk:

Ope oo!! \grin/ \grin/

What's your DLS ] I don't get that part.

Ask ur guider joor grin
If u r a mavrodian, u must know all d MMM lingua or...Adon bilivit grin grin
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by treasureoke: 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2016
Well is very real and reliable... No fraud and it is written there that don't put all your money there. But no scam am sure of that....
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by Emmyk(m): 2:30pm On Sep 05, 2016
eay:

Ask ur guider joor grin
If u r a mavrodian, u must know all d MMM lingua or...Adon bilivit grin grin
I will. grin
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by iamawara(m): 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2016
Emmyk:

yes Sir you can request for GH and you will be given 35% of your cash within 48 hours dem no dey waste Time.

1 Like

Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by iamawara(m): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2016
charloski:
The success of MMM in attracting investors led to the creation of other similar companies, including Tibet, Chara, Khoper-Invest, Selenga, Telemarket, and Germes. All of these companies were characterised by aggressive television advertising and extremely high promised rates of return. One company promised annual returns of 30,000%.[citation needed]

On July 22, 1994, the police closed the offices of MMM for tax evasion. For a few days the company attempted to continue the scheme, but soon ceased operations. At that point, Invest-Consulting, one of the company's subsidiaries, owed more than 50 billion rubles in taxes (USD 26 million), and MMM itself owed between 100 billion and 3 trillion rubles to the investors (from USD 50 million to USD 1.5 billion). In the aftermath at least 50 investors, having lost all of their money, committed suicide.[citation needed]

Several organisations of "deceived investors" made efforts to recover their lost investments, but Sergei Mavrodi manipulated their indignation and directed it at the government. In August 1994 Mavrodi was arrested for tax evasion. However, he was soon elected to the Russian State Duma, with the support of the "deceived investors". He argued that the government, not MMM, was responsible for people losing their money, and promised to initiate a pay-back program. The amount ultimately paid back was minuscule compared to the amount owed.[citation needed]

In October 1995, the Duma cancelled Mavrodi's right to immunity as a deputy. In 1996, he tried to run for Russia's presidency, but most of the signatures he received were rejected. MMM declared bankruptcy on September 22, 1997.[citation needed]

While it was believed that Sergei Mavrodi left Russia and moved to the United States, it is possible that he stayed in Moscow, using his money to change apartments regularly and employ a group of former special agents. With the help of a distant relative he started Stock Generation Ltd., another pyramid scheme based around trading non-existent companies' stocks in a form of the "stock exchange game" on the company's site, stockgeneration.com. Despite a bold-letter warning on the main page that the site was not a real stock exchange, between 20,000 and 275,000 people, according to various estimates, fell for the promised 200% returns and lost their money. According to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, losses of victims were at least USD 5.5 million.[citation needed]

Mavrodi was found and arrested in 2003. While in custody, Mavrodi was given until January 31, 2006 to read the documents in his fraud case against him (The criminal case consisted of 650 volumes, each 250-270 pages long).[citation needed] At the end of April 2007, Mavrodi was convicted of fraud, and given a sentence of four and a half years. Since he had already spent over four years in custody, he was released less than a month later, on May 22, 2007.[citation needed] He later went on to creating yet another pyramid scheme called MMM-2011.

The MMM scandal led to increased regulation of the Russian stock market, but the legacy of the fraud led many to become extremely suspicious of any joint stock companies.

In 2015 MMM began operating in South Africa with the same business model as MMM-2011, claiming a "30% per month" return through a "social financial network".[3] The group was identified as a possible pyramid scheme by the National Consumer Commission and accounts of clients were later frozen by Capitec Bank.[4] In response to mounting criticism and official investigations by state authorities in 2016 supporters of the South African MMM scheme staged a protest march in Johannesburg.[5]

In 2016, MMM launched a website targeting the Nigerian audience.[6]

In January 2016 the Chinese government banned MMM on the grounds that it is a pyramid scheme, (Ponzi scheme), and it is not registered in the country (and as a fraudulent scheme cannot be registered).[7]

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMM_(Ponzi_scheme_company)

Ok. we don hear. but aint going to quit

1 Like

Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by Jethrolite(m): 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2016
aminho:
Hey guys MMM is a joke i lost 500 thousand naira on it
I started quite well untill the reaped us up a friend of mine lost 5 million naira some 2 million naira in total we lost close to 18million
In the beginning when we started they were paying us promptly

mckoolcharming loveuGOD Joel3
How did it happen. I don't even want your response. You guys should really stop acting like chicken little.
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by Jethrolite(m): 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
godwinstringed1:

MMM has over 10 safety nets which will never make it crash.
Stop wasting your time on people who know nothing about MMM. The system does not need new comers to survive. When they get tired of talking, they will become mute while you keep earning. You should only respond to people who are ignorant and willing to learn.
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by natakin(f): 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
aminho:
Hey guys MMM is a joke i lost 500 thousand naira on it
I started quite well untill the reaped us up a friend of mine lost 5 million naira some 2 million naira in total we lost close to 18million
In the beginning when we started they were paying us promptly

mckoolcharming loveuGOD Joel3
It is a crime to humanity to lie and decieve your fellow man thereby denieing him the ability to make informed descision...

Why the wickedness...Jesus....pure and fake lies...

Well MMM is greater than you...

2 Likes

Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by peteremu(m): 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
Why are people struggling so hard to pull down MMM? I don't really get.

Why the struggle to just fabricate tall tales on something that is giving hope to people out there? I don't really get.

I know people who couldn't feed themselves, now feeding their families and neighbours sef. I know people who today are land owners, people who have dreams but today are able to put their dreams to reality all because of this opportunity.

I was once like you... I didn't believe. I just tried it and ever since then no looking back..

I don't blame u though, I guess the recession has a way of reformatting your brain... Please, u have a talent oooo... Go and start writing fiction and leave the lovely mavrodians to keep doing their thing...

Even SEC thought their statement could scare people off... Off 40,000+ joined that day!

Abeg, make I go check my PO... Keep whinning you hear...

1 Like

Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by mfm04622: 11:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
amordi:
Banks are already helping guys to promote MMM as you can see. Simply verify from your branch customer care unit . Are you interested in joining MMM and you need a professional advise on how to invest and when to withdraw from the system . Join me on whatsapp chat on zero.7. zero 38323608.

This post and especially the picture can get that man a sack letter!
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by amordi: 4:21am On Sep 06, 2016
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by Nnannapat(m): 7:32am On Sep 06, 2016
davdjayj:
It is clear the easiest set of people to scam in the world are Nigerians because they think they to smart to be conned. There is evidence all over the internet of this same MMM collapsing in China, South Africa , Russia. Links

www.fin24.com/.../alleged-sa-ponzi-scheme-mmms-global-pyramid-collapses-20160
searchsa.co.za/useful.../SOUTH-AFRICA-BEWARE-OF-NEW-PYRAMID-SCHEME
coinjournal.net › Bitcoin News:: Mavordi 'MMM Global' Scam Declared Illegal By Chinese Government
barenakedscam.com › Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) Scams::Is MMM Global a Scam? - The Truth Exposed!!! - Bare Naked Scam

Pure SCAM. Nothing else. Yes you will get paid. Many people will get paid. Many many people i mean. The bubble is going to burst. Very soon. Be warned.

Got these for them too.

Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by IamOpemipo(m): 9:25am On Sep 06, 2016
iamawara:

You get 1% of your cash every day. Your cash can stay for a year but i dont advice that. I usually allow my own to stat for 40 days which is 40% before requesting to get help.

Baba I PH 50k and it's over a week and av not been matched yet, now am wondering if I can stil press PH again despite d fact dt av not been matched with my previous money. I no wan gt blocked o
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by eay(m): 9:47am On Sep 06, 2016
IamOpemipo:

Baba I PH 50k and it's over a week and av not been matched yet, now am wondering if I can stil press PH again despite d fact dt av not been matched with my previous money. I no wan gt blocked o

Of course you can PH as many times as u wish to...u will b matched...patience is d key
But if u knw u Dnt v d money in ground, Dnt make multiple PHs ooo
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by IamOpemipo(m): 11:21am On Sep 06, 2016
eay:

Of course you can PH as many times as u wish to...u will b matched...patience is d key
But if u knw u Dnt v d money in ground, Dnt make multiple PHs ooo

Tnx boss
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by OCTAVO: 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
Money is changing hands. Be on the winning side! Know when to pull out. Some people will surely lose all their earnings.
Re: Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira by iamawara(m): 12:28am On Sep 07, 2016
IamOpemipo:

Contact your guider baba. The person that invited you to MMM should be able to answer that question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Importer To CBN: Tell The Truth, Naira Has Been Devalued / 10 Pictures You Could Relate To When You Want To Use ATM / Fraudsters Dupe Traders By Buying With ‘Magic’ Money (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.