Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? (6916 Views)

Any Center Like Jkk Etc In Unilag For Firs Exam Pls Help. / FIRS Recruitment: Breaking News! / I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by Samsyno: 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2009
Got Invited For FIRS Job Test. Ideas As To What To Expect

The test is coming up October 10 to October 20, 2009, I need your help. I have no idea what kind of questions to expect. A prompt response will be highly appreciated. You can paste here. <snip>

See Also: FIRS Test Update
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by mus(m): 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2009
i got the message.we look forward to any possible guidance on what to expect.
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by dama22: 8:24pm On Oct 03, 2009
got same text, i think though that it will be like NDIC's test, i pray its better organised though. my neighbour who works there says he has no idea but that its likely going to be GMAT/ objective, so lets start reading and praying it wont end up like NDIC wey no give results again, best wishes
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by barry06(m): 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I equally got the SMS and i ve confirmed my test location.
My problem now is not even the test format, since its a selection test one should be prepared
Mentally,physically, and otherwise.

The real thing is that i cant remember the position i applied for.
Is there anyway i can look up my profile?

Best of Luck to all invitees.
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by shzy: 8:34am On Oct 04, 2009
i got the same text and i have confirmed it but i can remember the position i applied for. best wishes to everyone
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by kech(f): 5:36pm On Oct 04, 2009
barry06:

Hi Everyone,

My problem now is not even the test format, since its a selection test one should be prepared

LMAOPIMP!!!! You people are not serious!. How can you forget the position you applied for? Thank your stars say I no be your interviewer. Na automatic failing be dat naa. Take your time ooo. You had better put yourself together before you go for that interview. For those asking for ideas on what to expect. Maybe you can start by telling us exactly what positions you applied for then we can give you ideas if we have any.

People need to understand that the simplest of things can cost you a job. It's not all about jacking a whole book.
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by DeSplash: 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2009
kech:

LMAOPIMP!!!! You people are not serious!. How can you forget the position you applied for?

It's possible.

People need to understand that the simplest of things can cost you a job. It's not all about jacking a whole book.

, but, thanks for this piece of advice
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by fizzybaba(m): 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2009
barry06:

Hi Everyone,

getting the position applied for shouldnt be a challenge

all u need do is go to your mail box.there is a column for search mail.simply input 'firs' and u will see related messages. u are likely to find an acknowledgment mail from FIRS at the instance of your application
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by barry06(m): 8:34pm On Oct 04, 2009
@Kech, "Pls dont blame me ok. cos u jumped to conclusion without basis. thats not very professional of u. i am only switching job ok. if the pay is good. so its not a do or die affair. i hope u get".

@fizzybaba. i appreciate ur input. its very insightful.

Goodluck to all nairalanders.
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by kech(f): 12:20am On Oct 05, 2009
barry06:

@Kech, "Pls dont blame me ok. cos u jumped to conclusion without basis. thats not very professional of u. i am only switching job ok. if the pay is good. so its not a do or die affair. i hope u get".

@fizzybaba. i appreciate your input. its very insightful.

Goodluck to all nairalanders.

Are you for real? Do you really want to get a job? My dear, don't get sensitive. There's no judging here. No one cares whether you switched professions or not. The problem is that you FORGOT the job you want to switch to. I know you can find that out by checking your e-mail, but what if you were in a situation where you couldn't check your email and they had called you to come for the test immediately. What would you have told them or written down? It is a bit irresponsible. I know the procedure of screening applicants. In professional offices, no one has time for people who come in to look for ANY job. You must be specific.  When I said you should put yourself together before going for the interview, I meant it. I meant gather your thoughts about EVERYTHING your job entails in the company you are applying for. A lot of people don't know that before they go for interviews/tests at a company, they need to research on the company, what it does, the duties of the particular position they are applying for IN THAT COMPANY and how they can contribute to the growth of the company. If you had done that, there is NO WAY you could have forgotten. People just apply for jobs, forget about it and wait until they are called for interviews. This is the main reason why people fail them. They are unprepared!!!

People forget things, people make mistakes, I agree, but just take corrections and learn from it. This is not a time to prove anything because there is nothing that can excuse forgetting a job you applied for. Even if you applied for 10 different jobs at 10 different companies, you should remember them. It shows that you are responsible and that you know what you actually want. Forgive me if I sound harsh but I'm just a bit irritated. I just want you to realize that the job market out there is very harsh. They have no time for sentiments and mistakes. This may seem like it's not a big deal but it's mistakes like these that cost people potential jobs. So like I said, don't get sensitive.

For everyone else going for the tests. Research, Research, Research!! Do a research on the company, what they do, what the post you applied for entails (as regards to the company itself) and how you can contribute to the success of the company in your own little way!! You can read your GMAT or GRE or JAMB or whatever you think is necessary for the test, but always remember that there are probably going to be other applicants as smart as you are. They won't accept everybody so you need to distinguish yourself from the pack. Don't depend on the test scores alone. 100% will not get you the job if you don't know anything about the company or what you want to do there. (Unless you are going through the "back door" lipsrsealed )
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by Nezan(m): 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2009
Dunno
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by badaru1(m): 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2009
Good day, when I was registring for the firs job I was using glo then,now am using mtn so I couldnt get the text. How do I know if am invited?
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by thunder99: 2:02pm On Oct 05, 2009
go look 4 ur glo line
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by stillade: 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2009
, guess the test is going to be like the normal GSE stuffs, remember the confirmation link bears the dragnet. though am still curious on what kinda test they will set but i guess its going to be a computer based test, anybody with an idea should plz help out
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by moroti: 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2009
can somebody help i recieve the text but i fgt what i actually applied for. can somebody notify me of the date the vacancy was published so i can review the news paper
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by Samsyno: 8:07am On Oct 06, 2009
Dear All

If you have forgotten the position you applied, go to the email you registered with. You can check manually by looking at your previous mails. FIRS sent a notification by email to everyone that applied. I found mine in an email dated November 28, 2008. Just be patient when checking, you'll find it. I wish you all the best Nairalanders in the Test and God bless
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by LEKSYDEE: 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2009
de splash,wetin dey where is the venue for lagos test center.hope u are in lagos
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by barry06(m): 11:43pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Kech,
Its like u r an HR personnel.
What u re recommending is key, but not exhustive.
Its subjective and its not an axiom.
70% of gatecrashers are more likely to get a job than those formally invited for a test/interview(subject to research).

Career move could be either vertical or horinzontal. Like i said in my earlier post, its all about the inflow.
i am doubtful if FIRS can pay me half what i earn at the moment. However, working with FIRS wud advance my career to certain level.
Profile. thats is it. to my next negotiation table.

I worked so hard back in my school days to come out with good grades-with added qualifications. Now its pay-back-period.
You know, there are many jobs in Nigeria. Like u rightly said some applicants dont prepare well enough-mentally!

I like ur challenge Kech. and been a female-its encouraging. keep it up!
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by Opotuniti(m): 9:16am On Oct 07, 2009
Hi House!!!
Does anyone have slimmest idea on FIRS Salary structure? Lean't its quite high according to a friend but HIGH is a relative term so would appreciate specifics.

Regards!!
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by nkemmadu: 2:39am On Oct 09, 2009
sorry i no know but guys is it 2ru their site or a link? pls let me know cos i need a job now o.
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by olumyde5(m): 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2009
Pls have any one written the FIRS test, I got a text message that it was suppose to come on the 10th through the 20th of this month and today now is 12th and no further info yet about the venue, just want to know if anyone has written the test in the house
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by spector: 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2009
i too got their msg, but i wil go to their site to learn more, www.firs.gov.ng
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by chuodi: 10:01pm On Oct 12, 2009
House, b reading ur G.Mat, but 4get about free and fair employment 4d Government job. Embezzlement of public funds, corruption and
rigging of elections should be erazed b4 employment is said to b free and fair. Any employment process announcement
is widow-dressing. U may pass d written exam and b called 4d interview so that it will continue to look real and u who
wrote very well will not say that u did very well and was not called 4d interview. Among those called 4d interview are those who
have people in d top positions in Nigeria. So, what u should b doing is to be making contacts, b meeting pple and b entering offices
asking 4 assistance. If any job seeker or worker tells u 2blieve in God that he is d one who will do it 4u. Don't listen to him or her but tell him u believe in God. Such a person telling u to believe in God may have someone at d top pursuing it 4him. If he is worker, how did he get his own job.
Those who employ, do they use d rules of God in d employment process? That's d question which some pastors who don't understand should answer instead interpreting some portions of d Bible. Are
they 100% corrupt-free which is what God wants. If they are not, it means that they don't want d true God 4dea employment processes-tests/interview, so u who is seeking 4job
4rm them, how will u do it? it is better to find someone at d top who will influence it 4u by approaching them to request 4 at least one quota. God will not make them to change if they don't want them. God does not work by mking them to make a mistake to put ur replace d name of a minister with ur own who does not have anybody at d top.
That d employment process was contracted out to deloite is high powered window-dressing.
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by everinlove(m): 6:21am On Oct 13, 2009
Hi,

I also received the test message and I have confirm mine too, but I've not received any message as per the venue and time. Are they sending another message or how're we going to do it? Pls keep me inform. God bless you all.
Re: Invited For FIRS Job Test. What To Expect? by Dblaiz(f): 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
everinlove:
Hi,

I also received the test message and I have confirm mine too, but I've not received any message as per the venue and time. Are they sending another message or how're we going to do it? Pls keep me inform. God bless you all.

for your test prep, i believe you should check this too....
https://myjobtests.com/practice/package/firs-aptitude-tests-past-questions-practice-2020/

Invited For FCMB Aptitude Test Tomorrow / Apply For Care International Job Recruitment (11 Openings) / PAS Solar Limited Job Recruitment (20 Openings)