Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended (49220 Views)

Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail / Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' / Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by takin35(m): 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
Tor,let him continue to open his mouth to any convinient radius.(Ori e ti o pe,ato pe)
MadamExcellency:

Which deficit and a phantom five months are you talking about when the 2014 budget ran through till 31st March, 2015? Have you forgotten that 2015 only got expended on May 10th, 2016, this year. Do you know the percentage recurrent expenditure in 2015 budget?

You think you can come to a public forum to repeat the same rubbish you do among your gullible friends and be allowed to get away with it?

Stop fabricating lies to shoot your conscience. Enough of these obfuscation
Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by miky(m): 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
Useless government, how can u suspend something without no plan in sight.. They delayed cabinet, delayed budget, delayed devaluation

1 Like

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by NairaMaster1(m): 11:47pm On Sep 01, 2016
chi4ik4:
Jonathan==goodluck while Buhari==backluck

6 Likes

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 01, 2016
Government is a continuum,it is not a conquest. Even wise conquerors of old kept beneficial and strategic traditions of the conquered intact but this Buhari Administration is no wise wise.
Ten steps backwards and one step forward will not get this nation out of the woods. Recession is here. Recession is Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by refreshrate: 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ahmeduana:

JUST SHOT UP YOUR MOUTH!

Yehman:

*Try and control the limit of your verbal diarrhoea
*Brain is an app, start using yours

teejaymiquel:

cnt bliv u are still alive

Am I to assume you guys never watched an episode of walking dead before?

Or you believe people like that waste of space are called zombies just for fun?

Pray, why waste any effort on him?
Do you abuse your poo cos it causes water to splash on your back side?
You people have time o I swear

4 Likes

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Izonpikin: 11:52pm On Sep 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

What do you mean by engine running? Zero will to save or invest. Total wastage of an Oil Boom.

As soon as the Crude Oil Price dropped, we borrowed to pay salaries. Yet you say Engine was running.

There was no engine running but an Oil Boom.
if you handover the norwegian government to buhari I bet you he would still go around yapping about corruption whilst crashing the exisitng economy...buhari is associated with suffering and stiff rule...

He knows nedt to nothing about how real economies work...infact he has no waec.. angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by onatisi(m): 11:52pm On Sep 01, 2016
Hahahahahahah
what do Nigerians expect from a president that spends the most productive hrs of his days reading newspaper jokes and laughing ?
Nigeria simply elected a bunch of jokers and comedians as their leaders

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Geniro: 11:57pm On Sep 01, 2016
Cromagnon:

name one policy of his(adesina) that succeeded,just 1
fertilizer we no see
mumu(thinking this is america) spent 60billion on phones,phones fa.
banned fish when fish farmers association told him we do not possess the capacity to produce.
cassava bread we no see
rice we no see
thank goodness for anambra,and kebbi rice policy
integrity and not lofty ideas are what are needed for our country's development

Zombie, use your brain always . . .

The Federal Government’s policy on rice import is designed to save the country $2.5 billion yearly, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Akinwumi Adesina has said.

The government placed a new policy on rice import to promote local rice production and attain self-sufficiency by next year.

Adesina explained that high-quality Nigerian rice is in the market, adding that the country will be a net exporter of rice.

“Today, Nigeria is feeding itself, since a nation that cannot feed itself is simply at the mercy of others subject to the volatility of global commodity markets. Soon, Nigerian rice will become global exhibition.

“Our rice self-sufficiency policy was directed at saving Nigeria $2.5 billion annually and putting this into the hands of our rice farmers and rural communities,” Adesina was quoted to have said in a statement.

http://thenationonlineng.net/rice-policy-save-nigeria-2-5b-says-adesina/

THE Backward Integration Programme (BIP ) policy in the rice sector put in place by the federal ministry of Agriculture to boost local rice production with the approval of an inbuilt tariff/levy differential deliberately skewed in favour of investors has been commended by stakeholders. The policy, which is said to have attracted more than $1.6 billion of private sector investments, allows investors to temporarily import brown or finished rice to bridge the present gap in supply and demand.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/rice-backward-integration-policy-attracts-1-6bn-investment/

4 Likes

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by thaoriginator: 11:57pm On Sep 01, 2016
[size=15pt]GEJ is a thief! Quote me and start purging continuously.[/size]

1 Like

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:58pm On Sep 01, 2016
igboboy3:

Please honestly tell me where there was any tribalism in my post.
You just saw my moniker and started assuming all manner of odd assumptions. Maybe you are guilty of what you accuse me of.

I am not praising mediocrity; only telling you that this man called buhari is not ready for the task of governance.

Anyway, Jonathan wasted money.
Let just sit down, fold our arms and pray for crude oil price to go back up.
The oil money is gone for good. No point whining about it.

Is Gej the reason why a President spent 6 months without ministers
Is GEj the reason why INEC lacks RECs in 28 states. Tomorrow, you'll say GEJ spoilt INEC.

I made this point before and i'll reiterate
FIRS raised 2.3 trillion in 2016 H1. If all goes well, they'll match that in H2 giving us 4.6 trillion
That's over 70% of our budget.
What are we doing with that?

Nobody will lend us any money because we are not serious

First of all, It is not because of your name I talked about tribalism. It is because of the misunderstanding in your post. It is only hatred and tribalism that can make someone talk with so much misunderstanding.

Taking time to screen Ministers was necessary after the massive wastage and corruption in the system.

So many crooks became Billionaires under Goodluck and it is risky picking saboteurs. Some of those he wanted as Ministers had petitions with EFCC. So the President had to wait for their screening by his team before submitting their names to the Senate.

The Ministries had permanent secretaries who ran the offices. So there was no shut down. That had no effect on the economy.

Emir Sanusi in 2012 to 2013 hammered that it was wrong that Crude was selling at a high rate and production going on. Yet our reserves depleted and foreign debt increased.

He warned that the rate will cause financial challenges when Crude drops.

When GEJ was in power, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said Prepare for hard times.

It is not economic policies or Ministers that put us in this situation. It is the wastage of GEJ and the mismanagement of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala that put us where we are.

No one is folding arms. These guys are working harder than most leaders in the past. It is almost a miracle were not queuing for food at relief centers.

2 Likes

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by refreshrate: 11:59pm On Sep 01, 2016
miky:
Useless government, how can u suspend something without no plan in sight.. They delayed cabinet, delayed budget, delayed devaluation

...and delayed destinies of the zombies grin

1 Like

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Greenback: 12:00am On Sep 02, 2016
Yehman:
The zoo has fallen!
Proudly 5% cos we never expected much from a government built on lies and propaganda.

Meanwhile, I heard that hunger and suffering makes people to be sound and objective in reasoning. Let's see how Strong this proposition will hold in 2019.

On economic recession:
I stand with competitive federalism via fundamental constitutional change, including fiscal federalism—taxation powers, rights over natural resources, wage setting, fiscal responsibility, etc – breaking from unitary-federalism of uniform standards to multi-speed federalism with only minimum standards.
#i stand with true federalism

1 Like

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Leez(m): 12:00am On Sep 02, 2016
igboboy3:

Please enough with this massive wastage excuse

Nigeria is not poor by any measure
FIRS has realised over 2.3 trillion naira in remittances to the FG in the last six months
Osinbajo claims that Buhari has saved over a trillion naira by not paying subsidies
Magu says that EFCC has recovered billions of naira in stolen fund

Yet, there is no money for budget.

This government is simply clueless
the thing is dat ds idiots still believe d falsehood being spread by ds govt
d oda clown dia say bcoz kerry support north secession is impossible smh
just pay a visit to ss or se and say dt trash u will get it
nonsense

2 Likes

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 02, 2016
Wailing ZOMBIES. Jonathan's E-wallet ended up in DASUKI's gate-house. Yet wailers be like grin grin grin grin sheepishly! This is just the beginning of your nemesis.
How many farmers in Owerri benefited from the nobel prize winning Akin Adesina, who served as Minister of Agriculture between 2010 and 2015? How many farmers from Bayelsa, Edo, Ebonyi, Akwa Ibom got fertilizers and free phones. Everything was to satisfy his masters-voice, the AREWA!
Paid Zombie-Wailers kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Geniro: 12:00am On Sep 02, 2016
Businessideas:

Please remember to visit premium news website to cancel the part of the original report stating that your hero,GEJ, in his usual manner, supervised the stealing of a whopping N57billion through the ewallet scam.
You all can run but you can not hide.

Zombie use your brain. The comment below will illuminate your ignorance

MadamExcellency:

Which deficit and a phantom five months are you talking about when the 2014 budget ran through till 31st March, 2015? Have you forgotten that 2015 only got expended on May 10th, 2016, this year. Do you know the percentage recurrent expenditure in 2015 budget?

You think you can come to a public forum to repeat the same rubbish you do among your gullible friends and be allowed to get away with it?

Stop fabricating lies to shoot your conscience. Enough of these obfuscation

1 Like

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:02am On Sep 02, 2016
Izonpikin:
if you handover the norwegian government to buhari I bet you he would still go around yapping about corruption whilst crashing the exisitng economy...buhari is associated with suffering and stiff rule...

He knows nedt to nothing about how real economies work...infact he has no waec.. angry

If you bring the brightest Economic mind to take over the government after GEJ's wastage, the person will have problems running us out of this.

Back in 2013 when Crude was sold at high prices, we were still borrowing. So how do you expect Buhari to perform magic after such astronomical wastage.

You can make jokes about challenges we are facing but at the end, those who celebrated GEJ's corruption lifestyle are complaining about economy.
Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by anigbajumo(m): 12:05am On Sep 02, 2016
AreaFada2:

Yep.

They came in with so much hate and bigotry but bereft of ideas. Hate can help you brainwash tribalistic/sectarian Nigerians but it cannot help you formulate and implement good policies for national development.

It is now becoming obvious to them that whatever the flaws in GEJ's policies & implementations, most of his policies were well-thought through: agric policy, removal of fuel subsidy, continued and new ideas on national rail, e-payment to wield out ghost workers, less effort to pursue corrupt people but instead stop corruption from happening, FOI Bill, free and fair elections, respect for legal pronouncements, etc. Yet, they demonised all BUT now gradually coming back to them. But they will have wasted much time by then.

Despite all claim of corruption against GEJ's govt, Nigerian economy grew fast. Fuelled by private sector boom.Petrol/oil is less than 30% of our GDP.

So Nigeria's massive growth was not based on oil, but sound policies, lead by an international economist of repute, NOI.

If we have less oil income, should policy makers not carefully consider that fact first?

Fear God,stop deceiving people here....when was oil less than 30% of our GDP??
Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by chi4ik4(m): 12:08am On Sep 02, 2016
Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:08am On Sep 02, 2016
igboboy3:

Please honestly tell me where there was any tribalism in my post.
You just saw my moniker and started assuming all manner of odd assumptions. Maybe you are guilty of what you accuse me of.

I am not praising mediocrity; only telling you that this man called buhari is not ready for the task of governance.

Anyway, Jonathan wasted money.
Let just sit down, fold our arms and pray for crude oil price to go back up.
The oil money is gone for good. No point whining about it.

Is Gej the reason why a President spent 6 months without ministers
Is GEj the reason why INEC lacks RECs in 28 states. Tomorrow, you'll say GEJ spoilt INEC.

I made this point before and i'll reiterate
FIRS raised 2.3 trillion in 2016 H1. If all goes well, they'll match that in H2 giving us 4.6 trillion
That's over 70% of our budget.
What are we doing with that?

Nobody will lend us any money because we are not serious

Floating the naira cost about $5 Billion. So, $4 Billion will not help this situation. That is why it is tough. Do you understand the Forex challenges we face due to the depleted reserves?

All those money will just keep us afloat.

Under Yaradua, we used about $20 Billion to keep the economy afloat during the Global economic crisis.

Look back at your FIRS money and you will see it is like dropping a cup of water in a desert.
Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Izonpikin: 12:09am On Sep 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

If you bring the brightest Economic mind to take over the government after GEJ's wastage, the person will have problems running us out of this.

Back in 2013 when Crude was sold at high prices, we were still borrowing. So how do you expect Buhari to perform magic after such astronomical wastage.

You can make jokes about challenges we are facing but at the end, those who celebrated GEJ's corruption lifestyle are complaining about economy.
hehehehehe....its all about gej...gej gej and gej...why dont we call this new administration gej.... wink.....incompetent cretins running this administration.

Like i said give buhari the norwegian government and watch it crash or stagnant...he sucks big time at management....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by chi4ik4(m): 12:09am On Sep 02, 2016
Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:10am On Sep 02, 2016
anigbajumo:

Fear God,stop deceiving people here....when was oil less than 30% of our GDP??

You think he is deceiving people but he actually does not know that he does not know.
Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:12am On Sep 02, 2016
Izonpikin:
hehehehehe....its all about gej...gej gej and gej...why dont we call this new administration gej.... wink.....incompetent cretins running this administration.

Like i said give buhari the norwegian government and watch it crash or stagnant...he sucks big time at management....

The problem is, people like you do not understand that when we ask why, it is mostly about the past. Why are we in this economic crisis now?

It is because the last administration wasted a windfall. You can not change the truth. Let us pray for a miracle as it happened during OBJ's reign. Without the bloodshed in Iraq.
Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Greenback: 12:14am On Sep 02, 2016
Standing5:
I already said he spent 5 months. Stop feigning stupidity. He left enough deficit is what I was driving at. Your brain is to weak to get it?
lolss dem bash u,flog u left right center nø be small..next time comment with sense and dont just comMESSnt. Lolss

op,bubu shud just resign or shud be given the brazillian dose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by anigbajumo(m): 12:15am On Sep 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You think he is deceiving people but he actually does not know that he does not know.

Just imagine that blatant lie nd some dumb people still dey click the like button.....

If someone is heeding into the pit just to please someone, is it a must for some people to follow him even if they clearly see the path to follow...

1 Like

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by prince985(m): 12:21am On Sep 02, 2016
igboboy3:

Just google "Adesina fertiliser" and the top results are stories that show Adesina winning international awards for his fertiliser program. He becames the Forbes Africa person of the year in recognition of his efforts to curb corruption in fertiliser subsidy.

Try and read. Don't come here spouting lies.

Or wait. .
maybe all those global bodies that gave him awards are owned by 'ipob yoots' grin grin

Even if he won Forbes plante earth person of d year..d question remains..how have u benefited from it. useless idiot
c ur mouth like forbes
Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:24am On Sep 02, 2016
Izonpikin:

It is not true. He is managing the Nation under a recession. Go and check how countries like America wailed during the Global economic crisis.

As I said, if people understand the magnitude of the problem we are facing, many will stop criticizing and start praying.
Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:26am On Sep 02, 2016
Greenback:

lolss dem bash u,flog u left right center nø be small..next time comment with sense and dont just comMESSnt. Lolss

op,bubu shud just resign or shud be given the brazillian dose

If President Buhari goes, who do you want to rule?
Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Izonpikin: 12:26am On Sep 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The problem is, people like you do not understand that when we ask why, it is mostly about the past. Why are we in this economic crisis now?

It is because the last administration wasted a windfall. You can not change the truth. Let us pray for a miracle as it happened during OBJ's reign. Without the bloodshed in Iraq.
ok let me start blaming lord lugard too for making all of us converge here...bro it is stale to continue to blame a predecessor......buhari is clueless about how recent economies run...thats a fact,....agree to that..buhsri is also clueless to diplomacy the reason for the wahala in the nigef delta...buhari has his faults and mistakes he has msde so far to sdd to the economic woe we experience right now...the problem is you wont agree..even the likes of soludo has chided the president...

Be truthful to yourselfand stop this sycophancy...

For how long did obama wail...obama already had a blue print to bring america out of recession...buhari had none...rather he wants to fight a war in the nigrr delta...cluelessness at its peak

6 Likes

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by daringmax(m): 12:30am On Sep 02, 2016
I need serious article writers. Laptop and internet connectivity a necessity. Serious minded individuals should Contact me via whatsapp or call on 07081150086
Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:34am On Sep 02, 2016
Izonpikin:
ok let me start blaming lord lugard too for making all of us converge here...bro it is stale to continue to blame a predecessor......buhari is clueless about how recent economies run...thats a fact,....agree to that..buhsri is also clueless to diplomacy the reason for the wahala in the nigef delta...buhari has his faults and mistakes he has msde so far to sdd to the economic woe we experience right now...the problem is you wont agree..even the likes of soludo has chided the president...

Be truthful to yourselfand stop this sycophancy...

The Niger Delta is a clear case of stupidity. What is the intelligence in making lives miserable for your people, family and your self?

Does Buhari need to negotiate with those guys to know that they are only making lives harder for themselves?

Things are not yet hard. Let them blow. I am waiting with my 3D glasses for the Akwa Ibom women that want to protest Unclad to punish Buhari.

What we need from this government is to continue blocking Wastage. Enlighten us on the power of transparency. The TSA would hardly go back. See how it was easy to track the Banks that held back dividends of crude? That is management and good leadership.

We the Citizens have our responsibility to make things work around us without the Presidency. Like exposing criminals, paying taxes etc.

Using our hands to cripple the economy is the height of stupidity. The same people will say Dullard.

1 Like

Re: As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended by Greenback: 12:34am On Sep 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

If President Buhari goes, who do you want to rule?

OSINBAJO,he can try,he used to be a proponent of total restructuring and true federalism..he can do nothing now cos hes not in charge and aint got a say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2019: Shehu Sani Lists 6 Men Who Have Integrity Like President Buhari / DSS Refused To Arrest Imam Salihu Zaria Who Threatened To Kill Christians / Dollars Everywhere At The APC Primaries This Moment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.