Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Do you Believe In Love? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do you Believe In Love? (30291 Views)

Can You Believe This Lady Is Almost 40 Years Old (photos) / Nigerian Lady Travels To US For A Break, But Falls In Love With A Lebanese Guy / Do You Believe In Love? Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by chinchum(m): 11:51am On Sep 08, 2016
I want to believe every love is conditional. I also believe to enjoy the fullness of God's love , it is also conditional. In essence, No love is unconditional. For God so loved the world , that he gave his only begotten son , that WHOSOEVER BELIEVE in him will have everlasting life. The part in the bold is the condition God gave man to enjoy the fullness of his love.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Toks2008(m): 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2016
chinchum:
I want to believe every love is conditional. I also believe to enjoy the fullness of God's love , it is also conditional. In essence, No love is unconditional. For God so loved the world , that he gave his only begotten son , that WHOSOEVER BELIEVE in him will have everlasting life. The part in the bold is the condition God gave man to enjoy the fullness of his love.

You are getting it twisted.

Going to heaven or hell has nothing to do with conditionality of Gods love towards us.

Gods love is unconditional cos he first loved us without any reason which is why the greatest assassin can come to God now and he will accept him and that is why God will keep forgiving us if we sin against him over and over again.

Going to heaven or hell is a choice we must make.

Romans 8:38-39New International Version (NIV)

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by tosyne2much(m): 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
supernet4:
. D last time I check u talk say u Don get bride say u don pick date sef,
Abi no be so?
I can't remember saying that cool
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Toluwaferan(f): 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2016
My opinion on this issue is that the love you have for that special someone is with a reason, which is no matter the condition or situation your love never diminishes for him/her. Those in love have issues and not everyone of them end up together but I bet they will never forget the moments they've shared together as one of their sweetest memories in life. The problem is finding that true love,fortunately for some they find it b4 anyone else hurts them, while for some they get hurt pretty bad b4 the true love comes. There are some who do not even believe in it nd never get to experience it. However,all in all we av different experiences about love which influences our opinion about it.
The environment we are (Nigeria) makes everyone suspicious of anybody who claims to love cause economical problems nd moral problems facing d country isn't helping the matter at all. I don't condemn any Nigerian who doesn't believe in it. I hope that someday Nigeria will be a better and conducive place to live in.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by yemmit90: 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
[quote author=iykenathan162 post=49175402][/quote]
You ' WANTS'?
Why didnt you want anyone other than that person?
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by yemmit90: 4:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
Castroii:
Australian ex-model Turia Pitt suffered burns to 65 per cent of her body, lost her fingers and thumb on her right hand and spent five months in hospital after she was trapped by a grass-fire in a 100 kilometer ultra-marathon in the Kimberley. Her boyfriend decided to quit his job to care for her recovery. Days ago, in an interview for CNN they asked him: “Did you at any moment think about leaving her and hiring someone to take her of her and moving on with your life?” His reply touched the world: “I married her soul, her character, and she’s the only woman that will continue to fulfill my dreams.” THIS IS WHAT TRUE LUV IS ALL ABOUT.

From your post " SHE IS THE ONLY WOMAN THAT WILL CONTINUE TO FULFILL MY DREAMS".

whose dreams if i may ask you?

Is this what you called a true love or love without condition?
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by yemmit90: 4:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
Obanz2:
and those couple fail to build friendship.

Ma, what make them failed to build such friendship is enough to say there is no love without condition.

Relationship/Friendship failed when we are no longer sees those attributes or qualities our partners once possessed.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by ogorwyne(f): 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
udumosam23:

Our name only sounds alike, I am udumo, Samuel Obeten. I can also be a friend.

Yes, love don't exist between people who don't know God. Though they may share common interest, have mutual respect and concern for each other. Those things on their own sustains relationships for quite a long time. But they last only when the rules exists.

Once the rules are broken, the bond is affected. When respect is not returned, when loyalty is doubted, when there is no longer trust or when one no longer cares...

But love has no rule, neither is it based on rules. It makes up for weaknesses, it corrects mistakes, it admits fault, it endure pains and suffering, it never gives up. Love gives everything and takes back nothing.

Love is sacrificial, kind and true. Man cannot on his own fulfil all these, only through God.
I couuld summarize ur write up by saying that God is the balance in relationships. I can never refute that.

Topic is complicated actually. I have lots to say but too lazy to type.

Hope u are doing great?

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by supernet4(f): 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
tosyne2much:
I can't remember saying that cool

Haaaaaa
U can lie oo shocked
I fear who no fear u
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by piagetskinner(m): 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
Owliver:
but there's fire, just in case.

how can that be love when there's fire waiting for those who refuse? that's a conditional love

If u punish a child for doing wrong it doesn't mean u don't love him....it just means ure keeping to ur word..that any child who errs will suffer the consequences....and becauseu don't want reoccurring punishment u tell him not to err

Jesus knows that hell is an eternal damnation for anyone who goes against his will(disobeys)...but because he loves us and doesn't want us to perish..he tells us the consequences of sin..we in order not to be eternally dammed, give our lives to him and start following in his steps of righteousness...John 3;16 God so loved the world to the extent that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him(his son) shall not die but have eternal life.
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by mytym(m): 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
yemmit90:

Can you love without a reason?

This is a simple logic. Love is not natural, it is a result of personal perspectives, greed and gains/rewards.

Have you ever asked yourself why the so called Love vanish between couple that once loved each other?

Very objective.
Love, like every other thing under heaven, is temporary and r e l a t i v e.

Re: Do you Believe In Love? by engryomiaina(m): 5:24am On Sep 09, 2016
And you will tell me you love oh. Reading your post just shows, all you describe the OP with is exactly who you are. The OP raised good points to express his opinion, why not argue brilliantly or intelligently rather than result to name calling and cheap judgment. Anyways..... It shows exactly the kind of person you are

DriveByKiller:

You're a warped up individual, I will give you that !

And you won't rest until you drag all of humanity into that sad route of life you're traveling.

Love exists when men literally died for their wives/ girlfriend and children. It has happened repeatedly.

Love exist when women sacrifice their dignity for a their man.

I have seen widows grieve a lost love a life time.

You're psychologically sick, man. And you're seeking company in the solitude of your loveless existence
!
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by boycasio(m): 10:00am On Sep 09, 2016
@op
dis topic wont end today but i know true love exist

coz i found it but true love is not resiprocal. yes

i used d word "reciprocal" bcox it best discribe my

xpirence. i will use my slf as an example, i hav

dated many girls nd to b honest i hav a reason i

date dem. i rmemba one particular girl back in my

university days, i dated dat girl because she is very

inteligent, bros dis girl sabi book. she did if not

all my my assignment, all my carry ovas she wrote dem all A's but den after we graduated we had a mutual

breakup cos i no need her to write any exams for me,

nd she also love me den cos i waz a gentle bad boy..

Lol. i also dated anoda girl nd i loved her because she

is awesome on bed, Op dat girl good nd any day i

run into her i wil love to get sum rounds again nd

she also loved me cos i reminded her of her ex who

also cant get enough of her punny, nd so goes d

story of sum oda chicks i dated. i bliv dere is always a reason for our actions but

truth b told u can lie to evryone but nva to ur slf.

den i met anoda girl who uptil now i stil dont know

d reason i love her, she is not dat beautiful like

oda girls i have dated, not dat inteligent, she no

evn sabi cook cos ordinary indomie dey always burn

wen she is cookin nd evry single day i keep lookin

for a reason i love her but i cnt find any tho she

haz a reason she loves me tho i cant rmemba much but

she once told me her reasons nd i know her love for

me wasnt real but trust me Op i dont evn have one

reason i love her but i find my slf loving her

evryday. so i bliv true love exist but its not

reciprocal, blessed are d few who found it nd yes i

found it but i nva got it in return tho she

eventually broke my hrt whch i know it wz bound to hppen because her reason for loving seized nd up till today i still keep

looking for a reason i love dat girl nd i hav

not found one yet. BTW Op i am ready to answer any of ur questions
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by DriveByKiller: 11:45am On Sep 09, 2016
engryomiaina:
And you will tell me you love oh. Reading your post just shows, all you describe the OP with is exactly who you are. The OP raised good points to express his opinion, why not argue brilliantly or intelligently rather than result to name calling and cheap judgment. Anyways..... It shows exactly the kind of person you are

Dare I suggest you're suffering from Alexia and chronic word blindness.

If you didn't see my point then treat chronic retrograde amnesia!

You're dismissed
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by costal(m): 12:40pm On Sep 09, 2016
Bro that's de spirit
Toks2008:

lol!

That is one mystery to creative writing...its like saying every script written by a film producer is a reflection of his life..lol!

I'm very creative and I have never really been heartbroken cos the two ladies that tried it came back and I ended up doing the breaking
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Owliver(m): 8:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
piagetskinner:

If u punish a child for doing wrong it doesn't mean u don't love him....it just means ure keeping to ur word..that any child who errs will suffer the consequences....and becauseu don't want reoccurring punishment u tell him not to err

Jesus knows that hell is an eternal damnation for anyone who goes against his will(disobeys)...but because he loves us and doesn't want us to perish..he tells us the consequences of sin..we in order not to be eternally dammed, give our lives to him and start following in his steps of righteousness...John 3;16 God so loved the world to the extent that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him(his son) shall not die but have eternal life.
so you are saying you can roast your child in fire non stop till eternity because the child wronged you? seriously
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by piagetskinner(m): 9:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
Owliver:
so you are saying you can roast your child in fire non stop till eternity because the child wronged you? seriously

Where have u seen me talking about roasting anybody...? The world is soon going to be destroyed...and it only those that believe in Christ that will be vindicated..

I'm sure u rememberer that the world was once destroyed by flood,and it was because people were too stubborn to believe..and it will happen again

I'm sure deep down u know the truth...stop making it seem unnecessarily difficult
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Abcruz(m): 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
Having evaluated the salient point of this complex thread, THIS IS MY JUDGEMENT:
''human Love'' is a deceptive mechanism basking in the euphoria of favourable conditions.
Conclusively, Toks2008 is indeed a wise man.
*c..o..u..r..t arise*
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Toks2008(m): 4:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
Abcruz:
Having evaluated the salient point of this complex thread, THIS IS MY JUDGEMENT:
''human Love'' is a deceptive mechanism basking in the euphoria of favourable conditions.
Conclusively, Toks2008 is indeed a wise man.
*c..o..u..r..t arise*

Lol!
Re: Do you Believe In Love? by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 21, 2016
No. I don't. I don't believe in love. Not romantic love anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Is Married In Nigeria! / 10 Things Women Need To Stop Doing To Each Other! / Annoying Things About Being A Man

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58