Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

My House Hunt Experience In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My House Hunt Experience In Lagos (21191 Views)

Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice / Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall / Tribal Discrimination In Lagos House Hunt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by booz(m): 11:23pm On Sep 03, 2016
Your surest bet and fastest way is to go to your area of choice, ask questions around and check vacancy billboards and banners (if you have some time to spare). In fact you might be favoured to have direct link to the landlord without having to pass through any agent. That was how I got mine, though to an estate agency firm.

I know how it feels, bro.

2 Likes

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Ifiegboria(m): 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
greggng:

I would ve help you in getting a befitting accommodation assuming u like gowon estate or gemade estate. I am talking about private estates in gowon estate. Super accommodation, good tared road, 24 hours security and nepa is now 20hours aday. What type of accommodation re u looking for?
Can see what is available in these areas? I have someone that might love to stay in these areas u just mentioned. Revert so we can discuss further. Thanks
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Kenmatt(m): 11:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
Be that as it may, "Chidi Properties" is a truthful and last resort for you, when you need a house in Portharcourt and it's environs.

Hit them up on this; 08068125041.
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by oloet: 11:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
two things are involved here, it is either the op created this thread to advertise that site up there or he is genuinely looking for an accommodation
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by greggng: 11:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
Ifiegboria:

Can see what is available in these areas? I have someone that might love to stay in these areas u just mentioned. Revert so we can discuss further. Thanks

First I ve to know what exactly the person want? Ie 2bed room, 3bedroom and duplex etc. This will enable me act
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by tungstar(m): 11:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
sorry about your expérience with the "QUACK AGENTS'.

Do not patronize so called "Property agents" who collect money all in the name of consultancy fée, mobilization fee, or even inspection fée; it is unethical in the Réal Estate profession.

Thé only fée to be given is the agency and légal fée which is usually paid after you must have inspected, the property you intend to move into which is usually à negotiated percentage of the total rent paid.

please say NO to QUACK PROPERTY AGENTS...

if you are still in need of an apartment OP or anyone in need of an apartment could reach me through my contacts below and be assured to get à professional service.

Bbm: 565F5D10
Tel Number: 08144637737
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by redcliff: 12:06am On Sep 04, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
I'm sorry to say this
You're naturally foolish.

I don't live in Nigeria but i can get about 30 affordable houses for rent in Lagos, i don't think you seriously need a house to rent.

You have multiple and numerous houses to choose but you had a dream that you won't progress (do well) if you live in any of those houses.

First of all, you need to grow up because you still think that juju or curse or evil spirit do exist

This is what i call "African mentality

Tell an Igbo man that you buried 6 people in the house, he will still rent it and convert it to a shop and still be making millions of naira every month

Please leave him alone. There sre things in this world that human with ordinary brain cannot discern. If his spirit believes that he may not progress there its left to him to accept or not. Like i said there are too many things happening spiritually in this world most people like you dont understand. And no, no ibo man would go and still rent a place where 6 people are buried. I would definitely not do it. So would you not too..

2 Likes

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Rexnegro(m): 12:11am On Sep 04, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
I'm sorry to say this

I don't live in Nigeria but i can get about 30 affordable houses for rent in Lagos, i don't think you seriously need a house to rent.

You have multiple and numerous houses to choose but you had a dream that you won't progress (do well) if you live in any of those houses.

First of all, you need to grow up because you still think that juju or curse or evil spirit do exist

Tell an Igbo man that you buried 6 people in the house, he will still rent it and convert it to a shop and still be making millions of naira every month
You don't need to abuse the guy before You can express Your point bro...

5 Likes

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 04, 2016
easrael:
You Think Its Easy to Live in Lagos, Read my House Hunt Experience story

Mid April, my rent expired and I had three weeks to move out of my apartment. I had so much confidence to get an apartment in two weeks to move into. Little did I know I was being set up for a battle between the body, soul and spirit.

I did make a few calls in about three days to my friends and family members. This calls yielded little or nothing support as regards my assignment.

The only fruit it yielded was a 3 million p.a apartment in the innermost part of Lekki. As glad as I was about this fruit, tge distance from the Lekki phase 1 gate to my supposed new place of abode is not different from the distance between heaven and hell.

With all sense of modesty, I declined staying here. I finally settled to use a house agent which seems to be an advise a female friend gave me from work.

After contacting 10 of them via phone and paying them 5,000 each, one week and 2 days has past and I still do not have a place yet!

I, in my naivety assumed that I woukd get an apartment after paying that money. I did not know like doctors, it was just for consultancy. I kept faith in God, having had the Christian background.

It was now two weeks past and on Sunday of the last week of my relocation notice. I finally got calls from 3 of my agents who showed me 5 different places (2 in Ikoyi, 1 in Festac and 2 in Lekki). Let me say at this point thay I was open to any location.

I wanted to move from a low brow are to a high brow are and these three were well suited. I could have accepted any of them! Yes, I should. But, I did not.

I slept after these calls and had a dream about me not progressing in these houses if I lived in them. On waking up, i could do nothing other than cancel the offers.

At this point, 3 of the turned up agents declined further service. They insisted I pay another N5,000 for consultancy. Iwas grieved at this point!

I have just few days left of the three weeks notice, precisely two days. I am now desperate and began to search online. My first stop was a website that offered such services, tolet.com.ng (apologies for mentioning your name if you ever read this). My experience was short lived as I started putting down this thoughts.

I have 48 hours to go and I have 2 useful agents and this website to deal with.

Getting accommodation in Lagos is no doubt a task for the faint hearted.

Source: http://ladispeaks.com/2016/09/03/house-hunt-experience-lagos/

I have a room you can stay in Transit Village for 2 months only when my rent expires!...It will cost you 40k/ month...On Adetokunbo Ademola...Holla if interested
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by omhor(f): 1:18am On Sep 04, 2016
house hunting palaver. lol
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Intrepid01(m): 2:04am On Sep 04, 2016
The Op is an eediot...he is just Trying to promote a useless blog...one of the easiest thing to get in Lagos is an apartment. In one week you will get up to 5 choices...the issue is can you afford it?

2 Likes

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by yom2(m): 2:18am On Sep 04, 2016
greggng:

I would ve help you in getting a befitting accommodation assuming u like gowon estate or gemade estate. I am talking about private estates in gowon estate. Super accommodation, good tared road, 24 hours security and nepa is now 20hours aday. What type of accommodation re u looking for?
aaah , for dis type of oga if it is not leki or any thing near there , then it doesnt sound good.
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by palsenator(m): 4:09am On Sep 04, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
I'm sorry to say this

You made sense but denying the existence of evil is evil on its own. I pray you will not experience the manifestation of the power of darkness. Stay in that country where you wrote from and enjoy the grace you undeservedly flourish under.

2 Likes

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by 4nobody4every1: 5:45am On Sep 04, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
I'm sorry to say this

You are correct to an extent but l will also add that as long as we have light, darkness does exist and the forces of evil operate under the umbrella of darkness, before l built my personal house and other rental properties, l once lived in a block of flats that several people died, infact, the unit l occupied, l was told the last tenant died, and on the last count the landlady also died, about 5 or 6 people died in that same building if my memory serves me right.

l was later told the landlady was fetish and into occult but she never dared me for once until l moved out, and it was from that place l had a major break- through that launched my international career, built my personal house and built several others,---------->>> touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm, l have my back covered by the ALMIGHTY GOD cool

3 Likes

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by KillerBeauty(f): 6:40am On Sep 04, 2016
Can somebody help me with a single room self con apartment in Egbeda. Its urgent. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by sisisioge: 6:47am On Sep 04, 2016
Sorry OP, I had a similar experience last year. In fact, my then flatmate was like a sister from another mother. I was so ready to move back home when she got the flat we are presently sharing. Coincidentally, a colleague who knows we were looking was living in the same compound, she didn't know the place was up for rent. We eventually got the place at a very affordable rate.

Advice: tell as much people as you could tell and make a particular location your focus.

By the way, we got to see some really good houses beyond our budget too. Having high budget helps big time.
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Laredojohn(m): 7:02am On Sep 04, 2016
Hello, use reputable estate agents, like jide taiwo&Co. Etc, sure u will get a high brow area as lekki, ikoyi and Festac are not high...
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by josescotch(m): 7:07am On Sep 04, 2016
U seem to have a bag of cash on u. As u appear comfortable doling out 50,000 naira for only consultancy. I got a house in two days of search n my choice area of abode. U better get serious about d search or jus extend ur rent n jejely look for house at a later date.
easrael:

Mid April, my rent expired and I had three weeks to move out of my apartment. I had so much confidence to get an apartment in two weeks to move into. Little did I know I was being set up for a battle between the body, soul and spirit.

I did make a few calls in about three days to my friends and family members. This calls yielded little or nothing support as regards my assignment.

The only fruit it yielded was a 3 million p.a apartment in the innermost part of Lekki. As glad as I was about this fruit, tge distance from the Lekki phase 1 gate to my supposed new place of abode is not different from the distance between heaven and hell.

With all sense of modesty, I declined staying here. I finally settled to use a house agent which seems to be an advise a female friend gave me from work.

After contacting 10 of them via phone and paying them 5,000 each, one week and 2 days has past and I still do not have a place yet!

I, in my naivety assumed that I woukd get an apartment after paying that money. I did not know like doctors, it was just for consultancy. I kept faith in God, having had the Christian background.

It was now two weeks past and on Sunday of the last week of my relocation notice. I finally got calls from 3 of my agents who showed me 5 different places (2 in Ikoyi, 1 in Festac and 2 in Lekki). Let me say at this point thay I was open to any location.

I wanted to move from a low brow are to a high brow are and these three were well suited. I could have accepted any of them! Yes, I should. But, I did not.

I slept after these calls and had a dream about me not progressing in these houses if I lived in them. On waking up, i could do nothing other than cancel the offers.

At this point, 3 of the turned up agents declined further service. They insisted I pay another N5,000 for consultancy. Iwas grieved at this point!

I have just few days left of the three weeks notice, precisely two days. I am now desperate and began to search online. My first stop was a website that offered such services, tolet.com.ng (apologies for mentioning your name if you ever read this). My experience was short lived as I started putting down this thoughts.

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 04, 2016
urgent buyer for two plots of land measuring 648msq. at treasure parks and gardens (golf & estate)phase 1 ext.,shimawa,behind redemption camp,off lagos-ibadan express road.currently been sold at 4,000,000 per plot by adron homes properties and estimated to sell for 6,000,000 before year end.each plot is going for a discounted rate of 3M per plot for any interested person.title doc available are,a duly executed purchase receipt,deed of contract,deed of lease/deed of assignment,survey plan,letter of plot allocation,land covered with global certificate of occupancy.price negotiable!
HURRY call/whatsapp 08034637732
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Ifiegboria(m): 7:18am On Sep 04, 2016
greggng:

First I ve to know what exactly the person want? Ie 2bed room, 3bedroom and duplex etc. This will enable me act
2bedroom
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by AxeurdaddyIX: 7:26am On Sep 04, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
I'm sorry to say this

You don't live in Nigeria. You just nailed it there, no need to even prove that your 'theory' is wrong
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Anuoluwapo23(f): 7:41am On Sep 04, 2016
publicenemy:

why?
Because people need to read it undecided undecidedbusybody
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by tallfact: 7:53am On Sep 04, 2016
Out to advertise a website.....my thought.

1 Like

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by thrillionaire(m): 8:07am On Sep 04, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
I'm sorry to say this

did you need to hurl insults just to make your point? I don't know what's wrong with people like you. You don't believe in the dark world, well, the bible let's us know that satan and his demons exist and live amongst us here in the earth. I don't think you're wiser or smarter than the bible

1 Like

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by SirAweezy(m): 8:18am On Sep 04, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
I'm sorry to say this

You are very wrong to Jump into conclusion and also called him foolish... relocating from one apt to another doesn't come easy neither does it come cheap.

You would want to make sure what you experience in your former house doesn't happen in the new house. Hence you can search even for months. Just try and come live in lagos, I bet you will apologize to the op.

2 Likes

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by josite: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2016
that it is not easy for u doesnt mean it is difficult for everyone .after all not many dreams the way u do.keep paying 5k to agents and keep cancelling the offers they gave after a dream.dream on.by the way have u yet dreamt about ur loads being thrown out in the rain.i can give u a 2bedroom flat in ablock of flats in vgc right now.
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by PapaBrowne(m): 9:07am On Sep 04, 2016
In this age of the internet you are looking for house like an illiterate? Are you Buhari?

With Lamudi(JumiaHouse), Tolet.om.ng, nigerianpropertycentre.om amd a host of others with thousands of properties listed you are here telling stories. Haba now!!

2 Likes

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by escavros: 9:10am On Sep 04, 2016
Hi Isreal, what is your budget?
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by hefelove(m): 9:11am On Sep 04, 2016
tungstar:
sorry about your expérience with the "QUACK AGENTS'.

Do not patronize so called "Property agents" who collect money all in the name of consultancy fée, mobilization fee, or even inspection fée; it is unethical in the Réal Estate profession.

Thé only fée to be given is the agency and légal fée which is usually paid after you must have inspected, the property you intend to move into which is usually à negotiated percentage of the total rent paid.

please say NO to QUACK PROPERTY AGENTS...

if you are still in need of an apartment OP or anyone in need of an apartment could reach me through my contacts below and be assured to get à professional service.

Bbm: 565F5D10
Tel Number: 08144637737
do u have properties for rent at surulere?
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Ussyberry(m): 9:39am On Sep 04, 2016
easrael:

Don't call anybody again.

Just go to Osas and osaji* office.

Do no pass go, do not collect 200
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Adesolomon2014(m): 9:56am On Sep 04, 2016
Anuoluwapo23:
Hmmmmm mm, this is so cool.. Nice write up

lalasticlala

This are the kind of stories that deserves FP really

Cool? or U meant to say sympathetic.
FP material nani
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Adesolomon2014(m): 9:59am On Sep 04, 2016
PapaBrowne:
In this age of the internet you are looking for house like an illiterate? Are you Buhari?

With Lamudi(JumiaHouse), Tolet.om.ng, nigerianpropertycentre.om amd a host of others with thousands of properties listed you are here telling stories. Haba now!!

Uhmmm, Remember that most people detest or possibly not fancy online trans due to its high fraud possibility.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria? / 100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos / What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.