Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

My House Hunt Experience In Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My House Hunt Experience In Lagos (21171 Views)

Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice / Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall / Tribal Discrimination In Lagos House Hunt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by easrael(f): 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
You Think Its Easy to Live in Lagos, Read my House Hunt Experience story

Mid April, my rent expired and I had three weeks to move out of my apartment. I had so much confidence to get an apartment in two weeks to move into. Little did I know I was being set up for a battle between the body, soul and spirit.

I did make a few calls in about three days to my friends and family members. This calls yielded little or nothing support as regards my assignment.

The only fruit it yielded was a 3 million p.a apartment in the innermost part of Lekki. As glad as I was about this fruit, tge distance from the Lekki phase 1 gate to my supposed new place of abode is not different from the distance between heaven and hell.

With all sense of modesty, I declined staying here. I finally settled to use a house agent which seems to be an advise a female friend gave me from work.

After contacting 10 of them via phone and paying them 5,000 each, one week and 2 days has past and I still do not have a place yet!

I, in my naivety assumed that I woukd get an apartment after paying that money. I did not know like doctors, it was just for consultancy. I kept faith in God, having had the Christian background.

It was now two weeks past and on Sunday of the last week of my relocation notice. I finally got calls from 3 of my agents who showed me 5 different places (2 in Ikoyi, 1 in Festac and 2 in Lekki). Let me say at this point thay I was open to any location.

I wanted to move from a low brow are to a high brow are and these three were well suited. I could have accepted any of them! Yes, I should. But, I did not.

I slept after these calls and had a dream about me not progressing in these houses if I lived in them. On waking up, i could do nothing other than cancel the offers.

At this point, 3 of the turned up agents declined further service. They insisted I pay another N5,000 for consultancy. Iwas grieved at this point!

I have just few days left of the three weeks notice, precisely two days. I am now desperate and began to search online. My first stop was a website that offered such services, tolet.com.ng (apologies for mentioning your name if you ever read this). My experience was short lived as I started putting down this thoughts.

I have 48 hours to go and I have 2 useful agents and this website to deal with.

Getting accommodation in Lagos is no doubt a task for the faint hearted.

Source: http://ladispeaks.com/2016/09/03/house-hunt-experience-lagos/

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Anuoluwapo23(f): 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
Hmmmmm mm, this is so cool.. Nice write up

lalasticlala

This are the kind of stories that deserves FP really

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by OlajumokeBread(f): 10:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
I'm sorry to say this
You're naturally foolish.

I don't live in Nigeria but i can get about 30 affordable houses for rent in Lagos, i don't think you seriously need a house to rent.

You have multiple and numerous houses to choose but you had a dream that you won't progress (do well) if you live in any of those houses.

First of all, you need to grow up because you still think that juju or curse or evil spirit do exist

This is what i call "African mentality

Tell an Igbo man that you buried 6 people in the house, he will still rent it and convert it to a shop and still be making millions of naira every month

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by ALAYORMII: 10:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
You can come stay with Mii
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by IMASTEX: 10:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
okay
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by emmybliz(m): 10:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
okay
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by rukkyland(m): 10:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lagos house agents... modern yahoo-yahoo.. thieves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Olusharp(m): 10:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by publicenemy(m): 10:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
Anuoluwapo23:
Hmmmmm mm, this is so cool.. Nice write up

lalasticlala

This are the kind of stories that deserves FP really

why?
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Flashh: 10:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lagos.

1 Like

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Frankdamaxx(m): 10:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
Pray well. Accommodation dey. But most times, it's coded. You just need to meet someone that will give you the link.

I got mine that way. Averagely cheaper with a big compound.
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lagos nau wa
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by seyiojomu(m): 10:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
Are u still open to any location?
Vacant flat available at Bessam, near the airport.
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by solidman59(m): 10:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by slizzyb(m): 10:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
True experience,, when ur in need of house,, lai laid u will not get... God dey shaa
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by bettercreature(m): 10:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by anochuks08(m): 10:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
I'm sorry to say this
You're naturally foolish.

You have multiple and numerous houses to choose but you had a dream that you won't progress (do well) if you live in any of those houses.

First of all, you need to grow up because you still think that juju or curse or evil spirit do exist

This is what i call "African mentality
Thats what they all say until they park in

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by olaolulazio(m): 10:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
Op, have u tried Ajegunle(it's part of Lagos i guess)?
Since ur mind didn't go for lekki, Ikoyi and Festac apartment....
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by otitokoroleti: 10:50pm On Sep 03, 2016
easrael:

Mid April, my rent expired and I had three weeks to move out of my apartment. I had so much confidence to get an apartment in two weeks to move into. Little did I know I was being set up for a battle between the body, soul and spirit.

I did make a few calls in about three days to my friends and family members. This calls yielded little or nothing support as regards my assignment.

The only fruit it yielded was a 3 million p.a apartment in the innermost part of Lekki. As glad as I was about this fruit, tge distance from the Lekki phase 1 gate to my supposed new place of abode is not different from the distance between heaven and hell.

With all sense of modesty, I declined staying here. I finally settled to use a house agent which seems to be an advise a female friend gave me from work.

After contacting 10 of them via phone and paying them 5,000 each, one week and 2 days has past and I still do not have a place yet!

I, in my naivety assumed that I woukd get an apartment after paying that money. I did not know like doctors, it was just for consultancy. I kept faith in God, having had the Christian background.

It was now two weeks past and on Sunday of the last week of my relocation notice. I finally got calls from 3 of my agents who showed me 5 different places (2 in Ikoyi, 1 in Festac and 2 in Lekki). Let me say at this point thay I was open to any location.

I wanted to move from a low brow are to a high brow are and these three were well suited. I could have accepted any of them! Yes, I should. But, I did not.

I slept after these calls and had a dream about me not progressing in these houses if I lived in them. On waking up, i could do nothing other than cancel the offers.

At this point, 3 of the turned up agents declined further service. They insisted I pay another N5,000 for consultancy. Iwas grieved at this point!

I have just few days left of the three weeks notice, precisely two days. I am now desperate and began to search online. My first stop was a website that offered such services, tolet.com.ng (apologies for mentioning your name if you ever read this). My experience was short lived as I started putting down this thoughts.

and so
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by KevinDein: 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
grin grin
Cool story

1 Like

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by amnesty7: 10:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
Dreaming that you would not progress, instead of praying as you claimed to have a Christian background you declined the houses. You see why out educated folks can't be like the Zuckerbags of this world?

8 Likes

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by lilwheezy1(m): 10:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
you have not seen anything yet , come and search for house in Ibadan , i guaranty in 3 months you will not still be able to see an apartment that suits what you want , the agents will knowingly be taking to an apartment even their enemies cannot stay so you will keep paying them

Hunting for an apartment is not an easy thing and also your budget matters too.

2 Likes

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by greggng: 10:55pm On Sep 03, 2016
easrael:

I would ve help you in getting a befitting accommodation assuming u like gowon estate or gemade estate. I am talking about private estates in gowon estate. Super accommodation, good tared road, 24 hours security and nepa is now 20hours aday. What type of accommodation re u looking for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by MaziOmenuko: 10:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
Nigeriapropertycentre.com
Tolet.com.ng

Unless the writer isn't serious about looking for house.

Meanwhile, when last did you take malaria drugs last? All those dreams are malaria related.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Femston: 10:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
Can you stay at Number 3, Flood Avenue Oriyangi Estate, Alapere. High brow indeed grin

1 Like

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by 0955eb027(m): 10:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
space booking.
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by OlajumokeBread(f): 10:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
anochuks08:
Thats what they all say until they park in

"Until they park in" and what will start happening ??

1 Like

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Femston: 11:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
Can you stay at Number 3, Flood Avenue Oriyangi Estate, Alapere. Very very High brow indeed grin
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by zibi5: 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
The lord is your strength you will get your own house

1 Like

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by helphelp: 11:07pm On Sep 03, 2016
You such a liar...

Tolet.com.ng paid you for this, no doubt

10 Likes

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Christeety: 11:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
OP. Sorry I truly understand how you feel.

I was once like you last year. It took me 4 months to get what I wanted. House hunting is difficult in Lagos.
Be careful of those Agents. No Agent is meant to charge you 5k, that's triple much. Highest is 1-2k depending on the area.

Most of those agents already know the house isn't good or probably not what you want(Cos you would have given them specifics) yet because of the so called Agent fee they will take you there.

Infact,a good agent won't charge you,you only pay their transport fare. You aren't supposed to pay another 5k after the first inspection. That's nonsense.

Another thing is be focused. Pick like 3-4 location and focus on that area. If not, you will be distracted and won't be able to make a choice.
Good luck

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Whose House Was Gutted By Fire In Owerri: M Husband Was Asleep In The Room / Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) / What Are The Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.