Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

My House Hunt Experience In Lagos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My House Hunt Experience In Lagos (21194 Views)

Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice / Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall / Tribal Discrimination In Lagos House Hunt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Sunsets: 10:03am On Sep 04, 2016
easrael:
You Think Its Easy to Live in Lagos, Read my House Hunt Experience story

Mid April, my rent expired and I had three weeks to move out of my apartment. I had so much confidence to get an apartment in two weeks to move into. Little did I know I was being set up for a battle between the body, soul and spirit.

I did make a few calls in about three days to my friends and family members. This calls yielded little or nothing support as regards my assignment.

The only fruit it yielded was a 3 million p.a apartment in the innermost part of Lekki. As glad as I was about this fruit, tge distance from the Lekki phase 1 gate to my supposed new place of abode is not different from the distance between heaven and hell.

With all sense of modesty, I declined staying here. I finally settled to use a house agent which seems to be an advise a female friend gave me from work.

After contacting 10 of them via phone and paying them 5,000 each, one week and 2 days has past and I still do not have a place yet!

I, in my naivety assumed that I woukd get an apartment after paying that money. I did not know like doctors, it was just for consultancy. I kept faith in God, having had the Christian background.

It was now two weeks past and on Sunday of the last week of my relocation notice. I finally got calls from 3 of my agents who showed me 5 different places (2 in Ikoyi, 1 in Festac and 2 in Lekki). Let me say at this point thay I was open to any location.

I wanted to move from a low brow are to a high brow are and these three were well suited. I could have accepted any of them! Yes, I should. But, I did not.

I slept after these calls and had a dream about me not progressing in these houses if I lived in them. On waking up, i could do nothing other than cancel the offers.

At this point, 3 of the turned up agents declined further service. They insisted I pay another N5,000 for consultancy. Iwas grieved at this point!

I have just few days left of the three weeks notice, precisely two days. I am now desperate and began to search online. My first stop was a website that offered such services, tolet.com.ng (apologies for mentioning your name if you ever read this). My experience was short lived as I started putting down this thoughts.

I have 48 hours to go and I have 2 useful agents and this website to deal with.

Getting accommodation in Lagos is no doubt a task for the faint hearted.

Source: http://ladispeaks.com/2016/09/03/house-hunt-experience-lagos/
cooked up advert for tolet.com.ng

1 Like

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Adesolomon2014(m): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
I'm sorry to say this
You're naturally foolish.

I don't live in Nigeria but i can get about 30 affordable houses for rent in Lagos, i don't think you seriously need a house to rent.

You have multiple and numerous houses to choose but you had a dream that you won't progress (do well) if you live in any of those houses.

First of all, you need to grow up because you still think that juju or curse or evil spirit do exist

This is what i call "African mentality

Tell an Igbo man that you buried 6 people in the house, he will still rent it and convert it to a shop and still be making millions of naira every month

For your mind now, U dn turn 'motivational speaker' abi
I jus pity ur life-cycle wif ur 'African mentaliy' phrase.
Yes, Africans love to exaggerate but that does not rule out the existence of extraterrestrial powers.
That ur example of ibo pple is what i call 'exaggeration' though am not an ibo guy but i av moved, lived and interact wif ibo entrepreneur who are business oriented.
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by deolumike(m): 10:24am On Sep 04, 2016
greggng:

I would ve help you in getting a befitting accommodation assuming u like gowon estate or gemade estate. I am talking about private estates in gowon estate. Super accommodation, good tared road, 24 hours security and nepa is now 20hours aday. What type of accommodation re u looking for?
How much does a two bedroom cost around Gowon/Gemade axis per annum? I'm considering relocating very soon.

Email is deolumike@gmail.com
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by AvsGot007(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2016
all I read up there was someone tryna rent over 3 million naira house ..while someone trying hard to rent a woody house
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 04, 2016
urgent buyer for two plots of land measuring 648msq. at treasure parks and gardens (golf & estate)phase 1 ext.,shimawa,behind redemption camp,off lagos-ibadan express road.currently been sold at 4,000,000 per plot by adron homes properties and estimated to sell for 6,000,000 before year end.each plot is going for a discounted rate of 3M per plot for any interested person.title doc available are,a duly executed purchase receipt,deed of contract,deed of lease/deed of assignment,survey plan,letter of plot allocation,land covered with global certificate of occupancy.price negotiable!
HURRY call/whatsapp 08034637732
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Florblu(f): 11:12am On Sep 04, 2016
You should have built your own house if you can afford to pay 3 million as rent probably in the village I presumed?
If not........
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by greggng: 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2016
[b][/b]
deolumike:
How much does a two bedroom cost around Gowon/Gemade axis per annum? I'm considering relocating very soon.

Email is deolumike@gmail.com

BTW 350k and 400k those re the range .
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by greggng: 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ifiegboria:

2bedroom

A decent 2bed from 350k to 4ook per annum
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by davdandam(m): 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
greggng:
[b][/b]

BTW 350k and 400k those re the range .

Mind dropping your email or whatsapp number, need a place also and it's kinda urgent
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by greggng: 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2016
davdandam:

Mind dropping your email or whatsapp number, need a place also and it's kinda urgent

My number remains 08062593234. However if u discover am offline on whtsapp know that my data has finished. Since yesterday I ve been trying to see if a good samaritan will dash me some glo card to extend my subcription.
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by PapaBrowne(m): 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2016
Adesolomon2014:

Uhmmm, Remember that most people detest or possibly not fancy online trans due to its high fraud possibility.

Its not online transactions. Its about search. Searching for a place. You find an array of options online, then go look them up. You see the one you like, you finalize with the agent/owner, you pay, then move in.

Anybody that isnt comfortable searching stuff online is a product of the past.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by tungstar(m): 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2016
hefelove:

do u have properties for rent at surulere?

no sorry.....just within Sabo yaba....but if u need one i could talk with à colleague
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by bsalawu: 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2016
easrael:

Mid April, my rent expired and I had three weeks to move out of my apartment. I had so much confidence to get an apartment in two weeks to move into. Little did I know I was being set up for a battle between the body, soul and spirit.

I did make a few calls in about three days to my friends and family members. This calls yielded little or nothing support as regards my assignment.

The only fruit it yielded was a 3 million p.a apartment in the innermost part of Lekki. As glad as I was about this fruit, tge distance from the Lekki phase 1 gate to my supposed new place of abode is not different from the distance between heaven and hell.

With all sense of modesty, I declined staying here. I finally settled to use a house agent which seems to be an advise a female friend gave me from work.

After contacting 10 of them via phone and paying them 5,000 each, one week and 2 days has past and I still do not have a place yet!

I, in my naivety assumed that I woukd get an apartment after paying that money. I did not know like doctors, it was just for consultancy. I kept faith in God, having had the Christian background.

It was now two weeks past and on Sunday of the last week of my relocation notice. I finally got calls from 3 of my agents who showed me 5 different places (2 in Ikoyi, 1 in Festac and 2 in Lekki). Let me say at this point thay I was open to any location.

I wanted to move from a low brow are to a high brow are and these three were well suited. I could have accepted any of them! Yes, I should. But, I did not.

I slept after these calls and had a dream about me not progressing in these houses if I lived in them. On waking up, i could do nothing other than cancel the offers.

At this point, 3 of the turned up agents declined further service. They insisted I pay another N5,000 for consultancy. Iwas grieved at this point!

I have just few days left of the three weeks notice, precisely two days. I am now desperate and began to search online. My first stop was a website that offered such services, tolet.com.ng (apologies for mentioning your name if you ever read this). My experience was short lived as I started putting down this thoughts.

Hi, I work witg a real estate firm. we have property for rent in Ajao estate and Adelabu in surulere. contact@Crovationltd.com. call me 08034154096
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Owiii(m): 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2016
seyiojomu:
Are u still open to any location?
Vacant flat available at Bessam, near the airport.
I'm looking for a room self contain around that place. If any, do let me know please. Just sent you a pm
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by mamawin(f): 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2016
my brother in law was trying to relocate his family away from itire some years ago. lots of drama. the funniest was when the landlady asked how many children they've had, he replied one, next she asked if they weren't going to have more than one, because she can't tolerate d noise. funnily my sister was waiting for the fruit of the womb then. he just wakka comot. lagos and crazy landlord/lady...
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by mamawin(f): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sunsets:
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by mamawin(f): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sunsets:
really? nairalanders sha, una matter tire me o
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by GogetterMD(m): 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
greggng:

I would ve help you in getting a befitting accommodation assuming u like gowon estate or gemade estate. I am talking about private estates in gowon estate. Super accommodation, good tared road, 24 hours security and nepa is now 20hours aday. What type of accommodation re u looking for?
What's the average cost of rent of a good 3 bedroom apartment in Gowon/Gemade estate?
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by greggng: 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
GogetterMD:

What's the average cost of rent of a good 3 bedroom apartment in Gowon/Gemade estate?

500k and maximum 650k
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by greggng: 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2016
GogetterMD:

Just now I ve made some findings within gemade and other decent estate in gowon here. The price for 2bedroom now is 400k to 450k whiles 3bedroom is 600k. Outside all this area it might be cheaper. Everything is going up here. Every other person interested in this area should bear in mind this latest info
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by GogetterMD(m): 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
greggng:

Just now I ve made some findings within gemade and other decent estate in gowon here. The price for 2bedroom now is 400k to 450k whiles 3bedroom is 600k. Outside all this area it might be cheaper. Everything is going up here. Every other person interested in this area should bear in mind this latest info
Whao. That's a bit on the high side. Might have to settle for Akowonjo axis then
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by greggng: 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
GogetterMD:

Whao. That's a bit on the high side. Might have to settle for Akowonjo axis then

I was not surprise cos the room and parlour I live in is 250k per annum. Cos of the tight security, access road, nearby market, constant power supply and easy access to ikeja and etc. I ve lived here for 5years I don't regret anything here
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by GogetterMD(m): 6:12pm On Sep 04, 2016
greggng:

I was not surprise cos the room and parlour I live in is 250k per annum. Cos of the tight security, access road, nearby market, constant power supply and easy access to ikeja and etc. I ve lived here for 5years I don't regret anything here
I currently stay in a gated street you could confuse for an estate, in Akowonjo, for 350k.
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by greggng: 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2016
GogetterMD:

I currently stay in a gated street you could confuse for an estate, in Akowonjo, for 350k.

Better stay there if is safe. Here u must pay for security of 2k every month
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by GogetterMD(m): 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
greggng:

Better stay there if is safe. Here u must pay for security of 2k every month
We also pay 2k monthly for security fees. I just want a neater house, more central
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by greggng: 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
GogetterMD:

We also pay 2k monthly for security fees. I just want a neater house, more central

Neater house no be issue price is the issue most of the rooms re in suites
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by seyiojomu(m): 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2016
Am not an agent actually, but I know of a 3Bedroom flat available for rent currently not far from me.

Owiii:

I'm looking for a room self contain around that place. If any, do let me know please. Just sent you a pm
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by mojounited(m): 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
greggng:

Hi greggng, please I need a neat one room self contain or one bedroom apartment (room and parlour self con) in Maryland or around Ikeja axis. Must be a good area, Budget is 250k.

Mail: steve_gesty@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Emassive(m): 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
easrael:

The website you contacted is a credible one and I can tell you that they have visited our Real Estate Office just to ensure our authenticity with view of referring clients like you to our Office without consultancy fees at first meeting. A few of their staffs do call us regularly to find out what we have available that will fit their clients needs. Most times the issue is with You who do not decide early enough and want to see upto 10house before making a decision which usually cost the Agents money to fetch each one at times.
Nevertheless, I find myself doing the same to other agents when searching (relocating) even as I am doing outside of Lagos. Let's just all try to be open with agents and outspoken about our dealings with them for better communication.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Emassive(m): 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2016
True but if you can keep your eyes down and search yourself then you will find a good place. I am still searching now in Ibadan for over 1month and I can say I am the one who haven't settled for one yet for some reasons.
I met this love agent called Kayman that has impressed with since my search as he has been honest enough with the houses so far. The thing is that Ibadan new sites are overpriced for the Ibadan (400k Same at Lekki is 2-3M) P.A. The truth is no job in Ibadan pays rent allowance of even 200k pa so why should they charge so high even around places like Elebu, Ayefele (felele), oluyole ext, Akobo and more.

lilwheezy1:
you have not seen anything yet , come and search for house in Ibadan , i guaranty in 3 months you will not still be able to see an apartment that suits what you want , the agents will knowingly be taking to an apartment even their enemies cannot stay so you will keep paying them

Hunting for an apartment is not an easy thing and also your budget matters too.
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by Ifiegboria(m): 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
greggng:

A decent 2bed from 350k to 4ook per annum
Ok. I will inform him
Re: My House Hunt Experience In Lagos by greggng: 12:11am On Sep 05, 2016
mojounited:

Hi greggng, please I need a neat one room self contain or one bedroom apartment (room and parlour self con) in Maryland or around Ikeja axis. Must be a good area, Budget is 250k.

Mail: steve_gesty@yahoo.com

Thanks

Sorry i cannot help you cos i live at gowon estate and can only cover within here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria? / 100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos / What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.