Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,119 members, 7,860,038 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:30 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6280949 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) (2226) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Yandl: 4:58am On Sep 04, 2018
This @rvp2018 is clearly a slowpoke and not very intelligent. Every post he mentions yemi kale name. Did he steal your girlfriend. I’ve just been reading and laughing. You have no clue how the process of gdp works and how it is measured. Unfortunately the guys. Taken you on so far also don’t get it. Try and take me on about this rubbish on fake NIGERIA gdp and Kenya economy better than NIGERIA with all your women chasing nigerian men. Complete rubbish. Throwing insults is not intellectual sir. It’s just purely stupid

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Yandl: 5:04am On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
Beside history is no recourse or excuse - you got a problem - deal with it. It doesn't matter how it came about - that is a historical fact - but as of now - as of today - you've got a debilitating caste system that prevent millions of indians from social mobility.
This @rvp2018 is clearly a slowpoke and not very intelligent. Every post he mentions yemi kale name. Did he steal your girlfriend. I’ve just been reading and laughing. You have no clue how the process of gdp works and how it is measured. Unfortunately the guys. Taken you on so far also don’t get it. Try and take me on about this rubbish on fake NIGERIA gdp and Kenya economy better than NIGERIA with all your women chasing nigerian men. Complete rubbish. Throwing insults is not intellectual sir. It’s just purely stupid
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Yandl: 5:14am On Sep 04, 2018
kikuyu1:

My goodness! You actually said that-is that really you,obi1kenobi? I just posted up your economic breakdown and on the same page showed your oil earnings aren't getting to your treasury! Where would those billions therefore be coming from?

And more....

Also...

Earnings and revenues are low AF so please tell us how me,rvp2018 and Prof Falade who estimate your GDP max 200 bn$ are wrong. I'll wait.
You need to go and read up on how gdp is produced. NIGERIA has over 33 million farmers whose output is measured using fieldwork and backed by satellite imagery. And it’s 24% of gdp not 200bn like you claim. That is more 140 bn usd but since you want to deceive u will of course embellish. 70% of nigerian agriculture is subsistence in nature so will never show up in export figures or in revenue. Your basis all wrong.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Yandl: 5:21am On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
Why the poverty? You see Nigeria data is all faked. Tell me for example if you do not export anything of those - how do you count what is planted and internally consumed. FAO & IMF - will just take whatever Yemi Kale's CBN throws at them. You minister of agricluture when asked about rice production - quoted Indexmulli or CIA - yet he is suppose to be the source of data.

Of course we can talk about Kenya SOLID CREDIBLE FIGURES any day any time. But Nigeria data is as fake as anything made in Nigeria.

Kenya obviously is mostly semi-arid but we still produce enough food - for local consumption and export - and we have very small deficit in certain crops.We produces lots of Maize and Irish Potatos - our two most important food crops - we produce lots of milk - lots of meat - name it.

Another daft post that can only fool daft people. IMF and co audit all these figures published on d every quarter. They just don’t take what they are given. Do you know your so called credible Kenya sends people to NIGERIA for data training and to learn how to do their job. Kenya used NIGERIA as Best practice. Better ask your statistics office. You export because you don’t have the demand. NIGERIA has a huge consumer market and get is why we import a lot. Gdp is also trade by the way which is the second largest and trade is largely imports. That is a sign of a big economy with a big market. You don’t seem to understand what gdp is about. What poverty? NIGERIA does not have any updated poverty data. The one you quote is based on some desktop models which cannot be based on anything factual. Also if 80mn are poor it means 120 mn Nigerians are not poor which is already more than the whole of Kenya . Using absolute numbers is the height of stupidity. Theis is even assuming the 80mn is correct.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:23am On Sep 04, 2018
gallivant:

Lol...North Africans told you that? Nigerians abide by some crazy concepts of life.

Don't be ignorant. Learn other people's ways of life.
There are so many poor people all over Egypt for instance, but they have a culture of contentment.

I have never heard of anyone from my state or even my region of origin in Nigeria (with over 30 million people) who made this journey to Europe, but here in the south where I live, I have !
There are 100 million Northern Nigerians, why don't we make this journey?

The difference is a culture of contentment.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Yandl: 5:26am On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
That rich coming from you. Whatever Yemi Kale throws to Imf/WB - that is what they'll take - can only massage the price numbers or advice on weighting - but as a rule - whatever Nigeria tell the world - is their GDP - it will be taken at it highest. But there are things you can't fake. So obviously if you ran to WB or IMF - the same IMF that accept you economy is 500B - cannot even lend you 10B - they lend you as much as Kenya smiley.South Africa whose GDP is credible has debt of nearly 180B - Kenya has debt of around 50b - with GDP of 85-88B. Nigeria has 70B debt - and struggle to pay. Look at the gov revenues...520B economy - can only generate 20B smiley smiley'. A real GDP like South Africa generates revenues more than 100B. Kenya has revenues 20B.

In short you're free to fake it; call yourself the biggest economy; but besides the momentarily bragging right brought down by realization that Nigeria replaced India as poverty capital; it won't help you.

What is important for Nigeria is to find it's real bottom. To know the kind of hole they are in. If they deluded themselves they are big economy - they will not hold themselves or their politician to account.

Half of the Nigerian economy is informal in nature with 37 million micro businesses. Common sense if u had one would have told you South Africa has more revenues because their economy isn’t as informal.in just one year aggressive tax reforms have already added 15 mn into the tax net. Your analysis smacks of ignorance and hate which is clouding your common sense. And you keep mentioning the stats mans name. I’m really suspecting he stole your girlfriend.sounds very personal and illogical

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Yandl: 5:35am On Sep 04, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

The foreign farmers which came to nigeria from zimbabwe, south africa ,brazil and india most of them left nigeria too order countries like cameroon ,ghana and benin republic. The foreign farmers left in nigeria are less than 12 today.72 zimbabwean farmers and 23 south african farmers team to do farming in nigeria in 3 years they ran away mostly to neighbouring african countries. That is what we nigerians are good in chasing the companies to build other countries why we worship criminals up and down the place.
Amazing stupidity in assuming land mass equates to arable land and equates to Agric output. Dude land mass depends on what a Country uses it’s land for. A more advanced country will need to use less land to produce the same amount of output so that is another purely daft suggestion. It will also depend on the choice of production. Why does the USA protect Agric inntheoe Country and do whatever it can to block nigerian Agric imports? If NIGERIA Agric is so small and can’t compter. This is another reason exports are weak . All this your textbook baseless analysis is embarrassing. It shows the lack of depth in Kenya education

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:36am On Sep 04, 2018
TayserMahiri:

So your point is that people should be well dressed for the media to hide their poverty? My dude, even monkeys get dressed! The countries you mentioned are hardly known for much except maybe Senegal. The fact that there are remote tribes in East Africa, say in Kenya does not mean Senegal or Gambia can measure up to Kenya. Dont cherry pick, look at the overall picture. Kenya is today the poster child of Africa's awakening, despite the remote tribes. There are trade offs between letting a community civilize at its own pace and 'appealing to the cameras' with hidden problems. A Turkana in Kenya's arid desert would never trade Kenya (and Turkana in particular) for well-dressed but carelessly kidnapped girls or drowning Nigerian migrants. These days things have turned so bad that Nigerians themselves are starving to death. So you are now not only adding on to the previous 'starving' picture of African but you've come up with a new one, the modern day slavery in Libya and much more embarrassing stuff.

My point is that East Africa actually brings more international reproach to the image of Africa than West Africa, it's as simple as that.

Like I would repeat, Latin Americans also go through perilous journeys to make it to the US, yet Kenya is not better than any Latin American country. I dare you to disprove this!

Why should a good percentage of East Africans still be living in the stone age? And you tell us nothing is wrong with that, are you okay?

You should be ashamed that a good percentage of your population still live in the stone age while you take pride in fake sky scrapper projects in Naiorbi... What sick uneven development !
I won't forget the day I saw a documentary of Northern Kenya during the oil discovery period, mehn, I felt ashamed to be an African lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Yes, western media has brainwashed society to believe Nigeria has more poor people, because many rural Nigerians have most of their daily needs met in non-monetary terms.

Here is a photo of rural northern Nigerians, these people even look healthier and more civilized than most urban Kenyans... Compare them with Changaa drinking parts of urban Kenya grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 6:22am On Sep 04, 2018
Yandl:

It seems you don't have a grasp on the meaning of what you so vehemently preach, intellectual. How do you draw parrarells between the economy and ladies chasing men? Enlighten us.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:30am On Sep 04, 2018
Yandl:

You're wrong my friend, it is your men chasing Kenyan women. Nigerian men will chase anything foreign in a skirt. They'll sell property just to impress a foreign woman. Here in Kenya, some women understand their stupidity and are taking advantage of them. I wonder why you hate your women so much you are always fighting to get foreign women.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:36am On Sep 04, 2018
Nowenuse:

My point is that East Africa actually brings more international reproach to the image of Africa than West Africa, it's as simple as that.

Like I would repeat, Latin Americans also go through perilous journeys to make it to the US, yet Kenya is not better than any Latin American country. I dare you to disprove this!

Why should a good percentage of East Africans still be living in the stone age? And you tell us nothing is wrong with that, are you okay?

You should be ashamed that a good percentage of your population still live in the stone age while you take pride in fake sky scrapper projects in Naiorbi... What sick uneven development !
I won't forget the day I saw a documentary of Northern Kenya during the oil discovery period, mehn, I felt ashamed to be an African lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Yes, western media has brainwashed society to believe Nigeria has more poor people, because many rural Nigerians have most of their daily needs met in non-monetary terms.
Here is a photo of rural northern Nigerians, these people even look healthier and more civilized than most urban Kenyans... Compare them with Changaa drinking parts of urban Kenya grin

Please, just stop the stupidity you're trying to sell. The photos of Nigerians you're sharing are no where close to rock bottom starving Nigerians. Here's what starving Nigerians look like. Stop spreading this idiocy that photos of starving kids come from only East Africa. Your country has way more starvation than Kenya - most of Kenya's starvation used to happen in refugee camps and it's more of history now.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 254Damu: 7:02am On Sep 04, 2018
American women chase after Spanish men, does that equate to Spain having a bigger economy than The US?
Yandl:
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 254Damu: 8:10am On Sep 04, 2018
NairobiWalker:

You're wrong my friend, it is your men chasing Kenyan women. Nigerian men will chase anything foreign in a skirt. They'll sell property just to impress a foreign woman. Here in Kenya, some women understand their stupidity and are taking advantage of them. I wonder why you hate your women so much you are always fighting to get foreign women.

Nigerian women are testosterone-raged so it explains why most appear masculine and not good looking. Any man(Nigerian) given an opportunity would chase other(foreign) women as long as He can afford it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 8:28am On Sep 04, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Of course because I dont know sanskrit, the closest I could was in English. That line of argument is used even by Muslims in regard to Quran being best read in Arabic. Dont tell me you want us to learn Hinduism for purposes of understanding your religious texts? I might launch an anti-Indian movement tomorrow! We have suffered enough in Africa under Arabic and English/ French/ German/ Portuguese. Right now our focus is on other things, not imported religious texts. Please dont try to inundate my peoples with your version of truth. The African was the first man in the world. Get that please! And note that there is sufficient scientific evidence for it. You are our sons and daughters so you better listen.

Thank You Very Much!

My dude,nemesis8u is right! Years ago I read the Gitas,the Mahabharata and the Ramayana. I realised they were edited not only for an Anglo audience but also severely dumbed down for the simpler minds of today. Btw,do you know the latter discusses test tube babies? IIRC,the Mahabharat mentions the sinking of Dvarka,home town of Lord Krishna over 7000 years ago. In 2001 it was discovered underwater off the coast of Gujarat. Those books discuss real ishyt!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:33am On Sep 04, 2018
There is nothing unique ab out Nigeria - it has huge informal economy that produce very little(as you would expect) like many other Africa economies - Nigeria is just like Tanzania or DRC minus the Oil - the only difference is pop. South Africa is indeed an advanced economy with solid 320B economy.

I have read all your rambling - and they don't make sense. Breakdown Nigeria economy - sector by sector - and demonstrate to us where this 400B (at it apex 520B) is?

Start with giant - Agricluture - worth 20% of your economy - which is officially - 80B dollars - about the size of Brazil Agricluture GDP - you can pull the national accounts from Yemi Kale website and demonstrate to us - how this biggest food importer (no 1 in wheat & rice imports) - with just few million acres of land cultivated exclusively on hoes - has the same GDP as Brazil's well reputed agriculture.

Nigeria GDP is not cooked. It's over-cooked.

Yandl:
Half of the Nigerian economy is informal in nature with 37 million micro businesses. Common sense if u had one would have told you South Africa has more revenues because their economy isn’t as informal.in just one year aggressive tax reforms have already added 15 mn into the tax net. Your analysis smacks of ignorance and hate which is clouding your common sense. And you keep mentioning the stats mans name. I’m really suspecting he stole your girlfriend.sounds very personal and illogical

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 8:43am On Sep 04, 2018
Daejoyoung:

You have made progress, but it's not good enough.

NIGGA,DO YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF CHANGE!? Do you know what it means to change the way you do things on the national level,politically,socioculturally and financially?

Organizational change is about the process of changing an organization's strategies, processes, procedures, technologies, and culture, as well as the effect of such changes on the organization.
https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-organizational-change-theory-example-quiz.html

Its not magic! The road ahead is strewn with potential problems,pitfalls,frustrations and even failures. It was realised we could stumble on as a 4th world country for another century and reach maybe the Phils' level or bite the bullet and MAKE change-this idea led to Vision 2030,which is well underway. Most of the milestones will be met.

Few countries,anywhere have made such POSITIVE changes as rapidly as we have. Political scientists,behaviourists and sociologists will write reams of papers and books and establish careers on what has happened here. But ofc you know better-a country increasing its real GDP 7x in 15 years is nothing to the typical genius of the Dangotelander.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 8:59am On Sep 04, 2018
Yandl:
Another daft post that can only fool daft people. IMF and co audit all these figures published on d every quarter. They just don’t take what they are given. Do you know your so called credible Kenya sends people to NIGERIA for data training and to learn how to do their job. Kenya used NIGERIA as Best practice. [/b]Better ask your statistics office. You export because you don’t have the demand. NIGERIA has a huge consumer market and get is why we import a lot. Gdp is also trade by the way which is the second largest and trade is largely imports. That is a sign of a big economy with a big market. You don’t seem to understand what gdp is about. What poverty? NIGERIA does not have any updated poverty data. The one you quote is based on some desktop models which cannot be based on anything factual. Also if 80mn are poor it means 120 mn Nigerians are not poor which is already more than the whole of Kenya . Using absolute numbers is the height of stupidity. Theis is even assuming the 80mn is correct.

Wow! Links and sources,pls. [b]As for the rest why are all your metrics close to the bottom?
Using HDI,Legatum Prosperity index and Logistics Performance Index you rank with Uganda,Liberia and Benin! Use[b] consumption data per capita[/b] specifically steel,cement,meat,milk,beer,vehicles per thousand to see where you rank. You're a newcomer here and whenever we do that Dangotelanders scream how irrelevant it is not knowing its the biggest underlying indicator of GDP growth.
Anyway,bring it on-we're all waiting.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:20am On Sep 04, 2018
kikuyu1:

Wow! Links and sources,pls. As for the rest why are all your metrics close to the bottom? Using HDI,Legatum Prosperity index and Logistics Performance Index you rank with Uganda,Liberia and Benin! Use[b] consumption data per capita[/b] specifically steel,cement,meat,milk,beer,vehicles per thousand to see where you rank. You're a newcomer here and whenever we do that Dangotelanders scream how irrelevant it is not knowing its the biggest underlying indicator of GDP growth.
Anyway,bring it on-we're all waiting.
Your measurement with per capita when discussing GDP shows your economic illiteracy.You like your friend rvp2018 who tells us lMF is like a useless Wikepedia ( without their own auditing) are economic illiterates, you guys only keep disgracing yourselves here. Of all the indices you think are important, only cement consumption can be used as an indicator, but measuring this based on per capita once more is useless.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2018
Show us evidence of IMF audit GDP figures of any country.
Daejoyoung:

Your measurement with per capita when discussing GDP shows your economic illiteracy.You like your friend rvp2018 who tells us lMF is like a useless Wikepedia ( without their own auditing) are economic illiterates, you guys only keep disgracing yourselves here.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 11:15am On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
Show us evidence of IMF audit GDP figures of any country.
You think about it, if the lMF doesn't carry out their own auditing as well, and you believe they post questionable/ doubtful figures from nations of the world ( for which they can't guarantee the accuracy) then why does the world take their economic projections( based on these gdp figures) seriously? everything becomes meaningless and we have no sure data to project anything. Your cement, beer, and milk consumption PER CAPITA as indices makes no sense. Most countries have been improving on their data collection and this is not so much a problem for the lMF as you think. They have branches all over that work with every nation when they should.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:47am On Sep 04, 2018
So basically you've no evidence of IMF auditing GDPs of any country. Yes IMF do offer technical assistance to Yemi Kales of this world but ultimately if Gov want to cook their stats - and they are many that do this - there is nothing IMF can do about it. They'll just post the figures - and play around with PP (international price comparison).

Just for example tell us how you can count outputs of economic activities - when you cannot count people in census smiley. I mean what sort of baseline data do you use to measure or track your GDP when basic stuff like stats like census are cooked or never held (for lack of funds).A giant 400B has been unable to hold census due to lack of funds. Kenya a small country - will be spending 200M dollars to count it people next year - like it's done ever 10yrs since 1940s! without fail.

Daejoyoung:

You think about it, if the lMF doesn't carry out their own auditing as well, and you believe they post questionable/ doubtful figures from nations of the world ( for which they can't guarantee the accuracy) then why does the world take their economic projections( based on these gdp figures) seriously? everything becomes meaningless and we have no sure data to project anything. Your cement, beer, and milk consumption PER CAPITA as indices makes no sense. Most countries have been improving on their data collection and this is not so much a problem for the lMF as you think. They have branches all over that work with every nation when they should.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2018
Kale was apprehensive before announcing the new GDP numbers in 2014. He had already had to delay the publication of the figures, which were anticipated since 2010.

"I was embarrassed six times," he explains. But when he saw the size of the change he wanted to sit down and double-check all the numbers himself.

"We were afraid that the numbers would be politicised," says Kale. He feared suggestions they had been cooked up to give the sitting politicians an artificial boost.

Contrary to what some have claimed, the NBS does not need a formal endorsement from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank to issue new numbers.

Kale anticipated that an informal approval from such institutions was necessary nevertheless. "I understood the geopolitical significance.

We invited the African Development Bank, the World Bank, even economics professors in Nigeria, so that they could all see the numbers.

The IMF wanted us to wait until the summer to announce so that their technical consultant could have a final look, but [finance minister] Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala asked whether we were ready. And we said: 'Yes, we are ready,' and so we released the new numbers. It was important to get them out early before it got politicised because of the [oncoming] electi

http://www.theafricareport.com/West-Africa/nigerias-political-and-statistical-revolutions.html
Read the original article on Theafricareport.com : Nigeria's political and statistical revolutions | West Africa
Follow us: @theafricareport on Twitter | theafricareport on Facebook
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
So basically you've no evidence of IMF auditing GDPs of any country. Yes IMF do offer technical assistance to Yemi Kales of this world but ultimately if Gov want to cook their stats - and they are many that do this - there is nothing IMF can do about it. They'll just post the figures - and play around with PP (international price comparison).

Just for example tell us how you can count outputs of economic activities - when you cannot count people in census smiley. I mean what sort of baseline data do you use to measure or track your GDP when basic stuff like stats like census are cooked or never held (for lack of funds).A giant 400B has been unable to hold census due to lack of funds. Kenya a small country - will be spending 200M dollars to count it people next year - like it's done ever 10yrs since 1940s! without fail.

Lol so what you are saying is that basically lMF wants to work with Yemi Kale to correct the erroneous data but the guy is just so stubborn or he's been a bad student, and so the lMF had no choice but to post all of his errors on their website for the world to use as a reference. lf that is your point, then l give up on this weird logic.
The last l heard was that the Jonathan Government failed to conduct census then due to Boko Haram insurgency, l never knew it was due to lack of capital. But then you are the all knowing on Nigerian affairs.
The Kenyan based Honourable Minister of Information for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2018
Actually it worse than I thought - IMF told Yemi Kale to give them some few months to validate his numbers - but Nigeria gov - went ahead to announce those crazy figures - that claims Nigeria Agricluture is comparable to Brazil - and not far from US, CHina smiley.

In short Nigeria figures are over-cooked - and it's going to be hard to justify those figures going forward. Nigeria indeed has 520B economy (1 trilion in PPP) only in Yemi Kale.

Nigeria didn't hold census for lack of funds mostly.

Daejoyoung:

Lol so what you are saying is that basically lMF wants to work with Yemi Kale to correct the erroneous data but the guy is just so stubborn or he's been a bad student, and so the lMF had no choice but to post all of his errors on their website for the world to use as a reference. lf that is your point, then l give up on this weird logic.
The last l heard was that the Jonathan Government failed to conduct census then due to Boko Haram insurgency, l never knew it was due to lack of capital. But then you are the all knowing on Nigerian affairs.
The Kenyan based Honourable Minister of Information for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
Evidence of over-cooked GDP

Data from the last comprehensive household
survey (NHLSS) in 2009/2010 indicated that
the official poverty rate3
remained stubbornly
high at 46% of the population (adult
equivalent approach)4
, or 62% in strictly
per capita terms. This indicates only a slight
decline from 48% and 64%, respectively,
that were recorded from the NHLSS in
2003/2004. These poverty numbers raise two
major economic questions. Firstly, why has
the rapid economic growth in Nigeria not
generated greater poverty reduction? Second,
how could an economy of the size and wealth
of Nigeria have such high poverty rates?
The country’s performance is at odds with
the general international trend of poverty
reduction, in particular in other countries
experiencing rapid economic growth like
Nigeria
[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
Actually it worse than I thought - IMF told Yemi Kale to give them some few months to validate his numbers - but Nigeria gov - went ahead to announce those crazy figures - that claims Nigeria Agricluture is comparable to Brazil - and not far from US, CHina smiley.

In short Nigeria figures are over-cooked - and it's going to be hard to justify those figures going forward. Nigeria indeed has 520B economy (1 trilion in PPP) only in Yemi Kale.

Nigeria didn't hold census for lack of funds mostly.

lol your report says it was important to get them out quickly before it got politicized, if anything your report contradicts your arguement here. So what if Nigeria hurriedly got it out, how does it stop the lMF from doing their own validation? l thought you claimed earlier that the lMF does no validation, so which is it? Do they validate GDP figures or not?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Your measurement with per capita when discussing GDP shows your economic illiteracy

No,nigga! That's what your brain trust says but the real world recognises the importance of consumption data:

Significance

Consumption is the value of goods and services bought by people. Individual buying acts are aggregated over time and space.

Consumption is normally the largest GDP component. Many persons judge the economic performance of their country mainly in terms of consumption level and dynamics.
http://www.economicswebinstitute.org/glossary/cons.htm

Ofc,there are occasionally outliers for sociocultural,political and/or financial reasons so normally we take the range of the most common indices namely oil,cement,steel,vehicles p[er thousand meat,beer etc etc. This is presented on a per capita basis for a proper comparison.

Do that for the countries near you on the global per capita nominal list here.

134 Moldova 2,280
135 Nicaragua 2,207
136 East Timor 2,104
137 Solomon Islands 2,081
138 Nigeria 1,994
139 Djibouti 1,989
140 India 1,983
141 Republic of the Congo 1,958

Btw,Yandl we've already looked at your entire national ports throughput which is actually below ours but I hope you can do this to at least make the discussion interesting since obviously nobody else here is up to the task.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:

remained stubbornly
equivalent approach)4
, or 62% in strictly
Nigeria
[b][/b]
We all know Nigeria grew at a rate of 6-7% from 2003- 2013 on the average, but the growth was non inclusive, there were more Billionaires from this period but great inequality from the high rate of capitalism at the Obasanjo era increasing the level of poverty, so there's nothing special about this data. You don't even know what you're quoting, the statistic there, is no evidence of fake GDP figure but evidence of inequality and a surprise at the level of corruption.
Try as much as possible to understand your links and the points they are passing across.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Please, just stop the stupidity you're trying to sell. The photos of Nigerians you're sharing are no where close to rock bottom starving Nigerians. Here's what starving Nigerians look like. Stop spreading this idiocy that photos of starving kids come from only East Africa. Your country has way more starvation than Kenya - most of Kenya's starvation used to happen in refugee camps and it's more of history now.

Hahaha, I always thought you were smarter than this.

These are pictures of starving children from the Nigerian civil war of 1967. Can't you see they were all in black and white?

Here are pictures of displaced Nigerians by Boko haram below, they don't starve!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2018
254Damu:

Nigerian women are testosterone-raged so it explains why most appear masculine and not good looking. Any man(Nigerian) given an opportunity would chase other(foreign) women as long as He can afford it.

Yet with their testosterone rage, they have been able to produce the Miss world. The first black miss world.

What has Kenyan women produced with all their femininity?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 1:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:

remained stubbornly
equivalent approach)4
, or 62% in strictly
Nigeria
[/b]

Remember,Yemi's highly original unemployment recalibration? I'm still laughing!

[b]FACTSHEET: How Nigeria’s unemployment rate is calculated

Researched by Tolu Ogunlesi

Using a new method, Nigeria's official statistics agency announced that unemployment stood at 7.5% for the first quarter of 2015. Previously it would have been 24.2%. Here's what has changed and why.

The claim by Nigerian statisticians that the country’s unemployment rate nowadays stands at less than 10% was met with scepticism......This shifts a large part of Nigeria’s previously “unemployed” into the ranks of the “underemployed”, resulting in a much lower unemployment rate.
https://africacheck.org/factsheets/factsheet-how-nigerias-unemployment-rate-is-calculated/

Really,you guys don't see such obvious discrepancies-SERIOUSLY??

(1) (2) (3) ... (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) (2226) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.