Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,074 members, 7,859,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6280619 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) (2226) (2227) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
Which billionaires - you ony have 4 dollar billionaires? - and you have 15K dollar millionnaires compared to 10k in Kenya. South Africa and Egypt have 30-50K dollar millionaires. You see even if we assume your economic growth is somewhat unequal - it appears at beat your GDP is about twice kenya -180B dollars - or about 3 times less than South Africa.
Daejoyoung:

We all know Nigeria grew at a rate of 6-7% from 2003- 2013 on the average, but the growth was non inclusive, there were more Billionaires from this period but great inequality from the high rate of capitalism at the Obasanjo era increasing the level of poverty, so there's nothing special about this data. You don't even know what you're quoting, the statistic there, is no evidence of fake GDP figure but evidence of inequality and a surprise at the level of corruption.
Try as much as possible to understand your links and the points they are passing across.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
Which billionaires - you ony have 4 dollar billionaires? - and you have 15K dollar millionnaires compared to 10k in Kenya. South Africa and Egypt have 30-50K dollar millionaires. You see even if we assume your economic growth is somewhat unequal - it appears at beat your GDP is about twice kenya -180B dollars - or about 3 times less than South Africa.
2003-2013, we had more than 4 dollar Billionaire,( about 6, because of the higher exchange rate then) and Lagos have 9100 dollar multi millionares to Cairo's 10200 and Johannesburg's 18000( according to the 2017 data). My point is that it was a period of Economic growth, but draconian capitalism based on corruption and a neglect of infrastructure, and about all the dollar Billionaires came from that era. Before this economic growth and the eventual rebasing, we were at 170Billion dollars already in the Abacha era( the GDP of current Algeria, a country less diversified in terms of trading and services and less populated than we are, with an even less developed oil sector than Nigeria). So it doesn't make sense that with all the capitalist reforms of Obasanjo ( though unequal) and with the opening up of the economy and the privatisation that occurred from 2001, that we would remain at 170 Billion dollars, we actually grew at an average of 6-7% down to 2014 in addition to the oil and agricultural boom.
So tell me what else do you know about Nigeria? oga Minister of lnformation, l ready for you today.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2018
I am ever ready for you smiley

Okay let stick to facts - we are not debating Lagos - but Nigeria - and if you explanation for the prevalent endemic poverty in Nigeria (despite officially a whopping 400B econom) is that Nigeria growth is unequal there is simply no data to support that. The data I gave you are 2017 - Kenya (10K dollar millionaires), Nigeria(15K with 4 B) and South Africa(45K with 6B). Therefore your argument is BASELESS.

As for Nigeria GDP being larger than Algeria now (lets not talk about Nigeria historic problematic cooking of data) - I think I am willing to debate that.

My theory is Nigeria GDP is about the size of Algeria now. It's CERTAINLY IS NOT AT LEVEL OF SOUTH AFRICA OR EGYPT.

Daejoyoung:

2003-2013, we had more than 4 dollar Billionaire,( about 6, because of the higher exchange rate then) and Lagos have 9100 dollar multi millionares to Cairo's 10200 and Johannesburg's 18000( according to the 2017 data). My point is that it was a period of Economic growth, but draconian capitalism based on corruption and a neglect of infrastructure, and about all the dollar Billionaires came from that era. Before this economic growth and the eventual rebasing, we were at 170Billion dollars already in the Abacha era( the GDP of current Algeria, a country less diversified in terms of trading and services and less populated than we are, with an even less developed oil sector than Nigeria). So it doesn't make sense that with all the capitalist reforms of Obasanjo ( though unequal) and with the opening up of the economy and the privatisation that occurred from 2001, that we would remain at 170 Billion dollars, we actually grew at an average of 6-7% down to 2014 in addition to the oil and agricultural boom.
So tell me what else do you know about Nigeria? oga Minister of lnformation, l ready for you today.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2018
254Damu:

Nigerian women are testosterone-raged so it explains why most appear masculine and not good looking. Any man(Nigerian) given an opportunity would chase other(foreign) women as long as He can afford it.

Those who have seen Kenya marathon runners will slap u for this post grin

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
I am ever ready for you smiley

Okay let stick to facts - we are not debating Lagos - but Nigeria - and if you explanation for the prevalent endemic poverty in Nigeria (despite officially a whopping 400B econom) is that Nigeria growth is unequal there is simply no data to support that. The data I gave you are 2017 - Kenya (10K dollar millionaires), Nigeria(15K with 4 B) and South Africa(45K with 6B). Therefore your argument is BASELESS.

As for Nigeria GDP being larger than Algeria now (lets not talk about Nigeria historic problematic cooking of data) - I think I am willing to debate that.

My theory is Nigeria GDP is about the size of Algeria now. It's CERTAINLY IS NOT AT LEVEL OF SOUTH AFRICA OR EGYPT.

ok then, the debate is meaningless, since no one takes your strange views seriously, until you can forward your illogical claims to the bodies that matter, it's just your belief which you are entitled to and which is irrelevant, so arguing this is pointless.
However l can state officially anywhere about Nigeria being Africa's largest economy and no team of Economic experts anywhere would challenge me, but for you, you can't present your views beyond the pages of Nairaland and the walls of your bedroom. So yours for now is mere beer parlour talk.
No sane Economist would believe that Nigeria's Economy is the size of Algeria( and it defies common logic even), so why should your opinion matter? that you believe such tells me l'm wasting my time here.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
You've earned the reputation for cooking anything - both at private and gov level - I doubt any research would get grants to conduct validation of your GDP or Population figures. It's Nigeria. Folks can spend more valuable time examining cooking in North Korea or Russia or China...than obvious case of Nigeria.

As far as you being Africa largest economy - you can take it - together with being World HQ of POVERTY - You recently won that title from India - and at the rate at which more nigerian are falling into poverty - it look likely you'll be the permanent HQ of poverty!

The irony of being 1trillion(ppp) economy with nearly 100M people living in absolute poverty is not lost on any sane person.

You GDP is easy to dismantle. No way your agricluture is equal to Brazil. The next big sector is Oil (we have solid data for that). We can top it up with banking (financial & intermediation) where data is available - and we are about half way through your fake economy.

I still insist that Algeria has a bigger economy than Nigeria.

Daejoyoung:
ok then, the debate is meaningless, since no one takes your strange views seriously, until you can forward your illogical claims to the bodies that matter, it's just your belief which you are entitled to and which is irrelevant, so arguing this is pointless.
However l can state officially anywhere about Nigeria being Africa's largest economy and no team of Economic experts anywhere would challenge me, but for you, you can't present your views beyond the pages of Nairaland and the walls of your bedroom. So yours for now is mere beer parlour talk.
No sane Economist would believe that Nigeria's Economy is the size of Algeria( and it defies common logic even), so why should your opinion matter? that you believe such tells me l'm wasting my time here.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2018
Comparing Algeria (Solid 180B economy versus Nigeria (fake 400B economy).

1) Start with Energy sector - both countries most important sectors.
Oil production - Nigeria (2M) verus Algeria(1M) - barrels per day.
Gas Production - Nigeria (3.7) versus Algeria(cool -billion standard cubic feet per day

So give and take - Algeria has slight edge in Oil & Gas sector - on the account of superior gas production.

Oil & gas generates - 60-70% of Algeria revenue - which about the same as Nigeria (use to be high of 95%).

Algeria export nearly 80B worth of goods - Nigeria is struggling around 50-60B - both countries exports 97% consist of Oil & Gas.

Algeria import nearly 50B worth of goods - Nigeria is struggling around 30-50B

Algeria budget is 133B - while Nigeria total budget (federal+state) is 35B

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
You've earned the reputation for cooking anything - both at private and gov level - I doubt any research would get grants to conduct validation of your GDP or Population figures. It's Nigeria. Folks can spend more valuable time examining cooking in North Korea or Russia or China...than obvious case of Nigeria.

As far as you being Africa largest economy - you can take it - together with being World HQ of POVERTY - You recently won that title from India - and at the rate at which more nigerian are falling into poverty - it look likely you'll be the permanent HQ of poverty!

The irony of being 1trillion(ppp) economy with nearly 100M people living in absolute poverty is not lost on any sane person.

You GDP is easy to dismantle. No way your agricluture is equal to Brazil. The next big sector is Oil (we have solid data for that). We can top it up with banking (financial & intermediation) where data is available - and we are about half way through your fake economy.

I still insist that Algeria has a bigger economy than Nigeria.

Quote:

" The shenanigans around the census in Nigeria cuts through to the heart of much that continues to ail the country. What began in 1962 as jostling for advantage by politicians in a newly independent country became reinforced when resource rents upped the stakes. As with such things, even when it starts with falsifying census figures, it never ends there. Recently, the head of the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) – the body tasked with deciding Nigeria’s revenue sharing formula—complained that states and local governments were concocting figures to boost their share of revenues. It is hard to tell what other data is being manipulated.

Nigerians do not trust official figures and neither do officials trust their own figures. The agriculture ministry recently put out a tweet where it quoted a data aggregation website, Index Mundi, as proof rice production had gone up in Nigeria. The irony of the country’s agriculture ministry being unable to produce its own data on a supposed achievement and having to rely on data from a foreign website was not lost on many people. Each time there is a terror attack or kidnapping in Nigeria, one guaranteed outcome is that the figures for the number of casualties or victims will vary from newspaper to newspaper and official government sources.

It helps to explain an ironic phenomenon—everyone in Nigeria—including the government, appeals to outside authority for authentic data about the country. "

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
Comparing Algeria (Solid 180B economy versus Nigeria (fake 400B economy).

1) Start with Energy sector - both countries most important sectors.
Oil production - Nigeria (2M) verus Algeria(1M) - barrels per day.
Gas Production - Nigeria (3.7) versus Algeria(cool -billion standard cubic feet per day

So give and take - Algeria has slight edge in Oil & Gas sector - on the account of superior gas production.

Oil & gas generates - 60-70% of Algeria revenue - which about the same as Nigeria (use to be high of 95%).

Algeria export nearly 80B worth of goods - Nigeria is struggling around 50-60B - both countries exports 97% consist of Oil & Gas.
So export now determines GDP, for two countries with a huge difference in consumption, demand and population, and yet you think 60 billion worth of exports to 80 billion is not significant considering that?just let it rest and don't bother quoting me anymore because you are a clear ignoramus, worst case is that you even think you are knowledgeable. You made it clear in your previous post, no one would investigate Nigeria because it's Nigeria afterall, it means no one cares about Africa then because Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa.
l have told you, believe what you want as you have a right to your opinion. The stats on the ground do not agree with you, when they do then we talk.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:33pm On Sep 04, 2018
3 ways to compute GDP - Income, Production and Expenditure.You cannot export what you didn't produce. Expenditure approach is preffered and more reliable - and that factors exports.

It obvious that biggest sector in both Algeria and Nigeria is the oil & gas industry. On that basis alone - Algeria beat Nigeria.

And so the next - item we will look at is Agricluture. Nollywood is just 1.2% of your GDP smiley - so don't come crying on that.

You'd be amazed to know Algeria is kicking .ar.se big time in agricluture the last few years.

When it come to manufacturing - algeria is on another level.'

When it come to banking and telcom - we shall soon see if Nigeria can catch up.

Maybe services and trade - informal traders smiley can give Nigeria some edge smiley

Ultimately it appears to me Algeria is ahead off Nigeria.

Daejoyoung:

So export now determines GDP, for two countries with a huge difference in consumption, demand and population, guy go and sleep , don't bother quoting me anymore because you are a clear ignoramus, worst case is that you even think you are knowledgeable. You made it clear in your previous post, no one would investigate Nigeria because it's Nigeria afterall, it means no one cares about Africa then because Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa.
l have told you, believe want as you have a right to your opinion. The stats on the ground do not agree with you, when they do then we talk.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 3:38pm On Sep 04, 2018
Nowenuse:

Yet with their testosterone rage, they have been able to produce the Miss world. The first black miss world.

What has Kenyan women produced with all their femininity?

Kenyan women have produced Nobel prize winners, world class athletes etc. Nigerian women are flowergirls who belong in the kitchen.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
gallivant:

Kenyan women have produced Nobel prize winners. Nigerian women are flowergirls who belong in the kitchen.
Noble price winner in what?? peace.
ok congrats.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
The next sector is Agricluture. Nigeria fake agriculture is worth 80B smiley smiley - Brazil has nothing on them - neither does Indonesia ---- Algeria is a solid realistic 25-30B.

Nigeria produces about 6M tonnes of grain - that about Kenya's - which has about 20B of GDP from Agri - so you can see their data is credible.
https://www.agriculture.com/markets/newswire/algeria-s-grain-harvest-rises-by-74-pct-minister

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Noble price winner in what?? peace.
ok congrats.

Thanks. Who even watches miss world? Nigerian men, most feminine in Africa. The other one, Noweuse is still stuck on looks when real men are discussing important things! Gaycunt? Give us a break Dangotelanders.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 4:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
The supposedly biggest economy in Africa can't buy boeings and revamp their airline industry. Where is the solid cash that Nigeria should have in it's piggybank? Is their economy so informal that they can't produce this amounts of cash? Our education budget is 4.15 billion US dollars yet we are only 45-50 million people. Can Nigeria match this stat in a country having more than 170 million people ? Where is the cash?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 4:15pm On Sep 04, 2018
Dr. Yemi Kale is the Statistician General of the National Bureau of Statistics of Nigeria.[1]

Under his tenure, the GDP of Nigeria was recalculated, and following the recalculation, declared the largest GDP in Africa.[2]

Kale assumed office in 2011,[3] and was reappointed in 2016 making him the first chief executive in the Agency's history to serve two terms as statistician general. Kale is also a member of the boards of Skye Bank and SFS Capital Nigeria Limited. Before assuming office Kale acted as a special adviser to the Nigerian Minister of Finance and Minister of National Planning as well as group head of research and strategy at Investment Banking and Trust Company, now Stanbic IBTC Bank[4] [b]In addition, Kale is a member of the World Economics Association, UK Royal Economic Society, and a fellow of the UK Royal Statistical Society.[4] He is also a fellow of the Nigerian Statistical Association and a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Administrators and Researchers of Nigeria among others. At The National Bureau of the Statistics he has been applauded by both Nigerian and foreign observers from his reforms in the data process which many believe has restored sanity to the data production process in Nigeria. Kale is commended for introducing methodology updates, some decades old, using modern technology such as Computer Assisted Personal Interview Devices to gather data and improving platforms for data dissemination including a data portal, upgraded website and App and the use of infographics to make data easily understandable by users. Under him timeliness of data, data quantity and quality has been greatly enhanced and data credibility improved significantly. He is highly regarded for his fierce refusal to tamper with data or rejection of the politicization of data which has gained him recognition from both pro and anti governments stakeholders as well as the international community. In August 2016 he declared that Nigeria"a economy had entered into a recession, the first time in 25 years. Kale was awarded the National Productivity Order of Merit for outstanding performance,[/b] professionalism and diligence in February 2017 by the Nigerian President Muhammad Buhari.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2018
Comparing financial sector

Total banking asset in Algeria is 100B usd. Nigeria is around the same 90-100B. Kenya is around 40-45B.

So as you can see Nigeria is closely tracking Algeria - 180B - with kenya about half of that - 90B economy - whatever the metric or indicator we pick

In conclusion - Nigeria=Algeria - GDP wise - with Algeria having huge edge in formal sector - that compensate for useless informal sector of Nigeria consisting of cattle herding Northern Nigeria and hoe-powered farming in the south.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2018
Algeria’s installed electricity generation capacity stood at 19,006 MW, of which 97 per cent was based on thermal energy sources, mainly gas.

Nigeria theoretically can generate 10,000mw - but hardly are able to generate 2,000mw.

Without power - there is very little manufacturing and mining going on in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2018
Nowenuse:

Hahaha, I always thought you were smarter than this.

These are pictures of starving children from the Nigerian civil war of 1967. Can't you see they were all in black and white?

Here are pictures of displaced Nigerians by Boko haram below, they don't starve!

The worst thing about being stupid is you think everyone is stupid like you. You can't be googling 'rural northern Nigerians' and picking the most appealing photo to post here then googling 'starving Kenyans' then picking the worst looking photo to post here just to conclude Kenya starves and Nigeria doesn't. Self esteem at it's lowest ......and just like your apparent besties on this thread, the Tanzanians, you're good at denying the obvious. Tell me these color photos are from the civil war too.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2018
NairobiWalker:

The worst thing about being stupid is you think everyone is stupid like you. You can't be googling 'rural northern Nigerians' and picking the most appealing photo to post here then googling 'starving Kenyans' then picking the worst looking photo to post here just to conclude Kenya starves and Nigeria doesn't. Self esteem at it's lowest ......and just like your apparent besties on this thread, the Tanzanians, you're good at denying the obvious. Tell me these color photos are from the civil war too.

1 or 2 Nigerians starved because Boko haram insurgency displaced them from their homes.
Look at the picture you posted very well. The other people at the background are not starving. This tells you that perhaps acute sickness could be a joint cause of the starvation.
Why do Kenyans starve all the time? Can you tell the world?

And don't give us that desert excuse crap cos there are more desertified countries in west africa yet they do not starve.
Why do Kenyans starve in large numbers?

Why are millions of Kenyans still living in the stone age?

I dare you to show me a picture of a group of Nigerians starving at the same time and not just some cherry picked photo of one sick child or individual. Show me mothers and children starving together like that of Kenya.

Here is a group of Kenyans starving, mother, children, everybody, so this cannot be cherry-picked grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2018
gallivant:

Kenyan women have produced Nobel prize winners, world class athletes etc. Nigerian women are flowergirls who belong in the kitchen.

Hey I didn't start the beauty talk. Your fellow Kenyan claimed that Nigerian women look ugly and masculine.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 7:12pm On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
Algeria’s installed electricity generation capacity stood at 19,006 MW, of which 97 per cent was based on thermal energy sources, mainly gas.

Nigeria theoretically can generate 10,000mw - but hardly are able to generate 2,000mw.

Without power - there is very little manufacturing and mining going on in Nigeria.
lf you are really concerned about this GDP thing, go field your questions to Yemi Kale, on their website or Social media, the man is not shy of answering questions, and from my research the man seems to be well respected internationally and a sound world class technocrat. Good luck.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:30pm On Sep 04, 2018
YEMI KALE OF ETHIOPIA UNIVERSITY HAHAHA RESPECTED BY WHO.With bsc and msc from lowly ranked Adis Ababa university.You got jokes.The university is ranked 12k places..probably worse than any kenya university and that your number guy.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
I have seen the loans offers you get - very similar to kenya - and you always struggle to pay. It's not rocket science. You have as much reveunue as kenya - and therefore you can only borrow as much. You cannot be approved for 200-250B - about 50% of you GDP - as is the rule of the thumb- because you've no chance in hell of repaying it. So with 70B debt - you're already in a big hole - because you real GDP is around 150-200B.

[b]rvp2018 nigeria debts is more them it economy . The trick with nigeria's gdp is once the debts is reaching the gdp the gdp is increase. Nigeria debts has overtaking it gdp so the government keeps on increasing the gdp. Just look here nigeria says its own china 15 billion us dollar reality nigeria is owing more than 60 billion us dollar in 2016. In nigeria once a new government is coming in all the papers how much did they borrow they burn them up so you do not know how much the country is owen in reality. But what we know is local debt is 38%. International debt is not known.are oil is going to pay debt. Look at article below.[/b
]

http://www.citypeopleonline.com/see-much-nigeria-owing-china-according-national-bureau-statistics/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/243644-nigerias-foreign-debt-40-buhari-nbs.html

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2018
SORRY BUT YOU HAVE NO DEBT PROBLEM.Investors and creditors cannot lend to a broke country however much they cook their gdp.Your total debt seem to be less than kenya...now at 50b dollars.Kenya has never defaulted and can repay its debt so we leverage.Nigeria can cook the books but the money in the bank vault cant be cooked..esp if debt has to be repaid in hard cold dollar bills.Of course if oil rises to 100 dollars a barrel...Nigeria can start the party and when it drops to 20..teeth gnashing begins
sufferNsmiling:

[b]rvp2018 nigeria debts is more them it economy . The trick with nigeria's gdp is once the debts is reaching the gdp the gdp is increase. Nigeria debts has overtaking it gdp so the government keeps on increasing the gdp. Just look here nigeria says its own china 15 billion us dollar reality nigeria is owing more than 60 billion us dollar in 2016. In nigeria once a new government is coming in all the papers how much did they borrow they burn them up so you do not know how much the country is owen in reality. But what we know is local debt is 38%. International debt is not known.are oil is going to pay debt. Look at article below.[/b
]

http://www.citypeopleonline.com/see-much-nigeria-owing-china-according-national-bureau-statistics/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/243644-nigerias-foreign-debt-40-buhari-nbs.html

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
YEMI KALE OF ETHIOPIA UNIVERSITY HAHAHA RESPECTED BY WHO.With bsc and msc from lowly ranked Adis Ababa university.You got jokes.The university is ranked 12k places..probably worse than any kenya university and that your number guy.

. Yemi Kale is the Statistician General of the National Bureau of Statistics of Nigeria.[1]

Under his tenure, the GDP of Nigeria was recalculated, and following the recalculation, declared the largest GDP in Africa.[2]

Kale assumed office in 2011,[3] and was reappointed in 2016 making him the first chief executive in the Agency's history to serve two terms as statistician general. Kale is also a member of the boards of Skye Bank and SFS Capital Nigeria Limited. Before assuming office Kale acted as a special adviser to the Nigerian Minister of Finance and Minister of National Planning as well as group head of research and strategy at Investment Banking and Trust Company, now Stanbic IBTC Bank[4] In addition, Kale is a member of the World Economics Association, UK Royal Economic Society, and a fellow of the UK Royal Statistical Society.[4] He is also a fellow of the Nigerian Statistical Association and a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Administrators and Researchers of Nigeria among others. At The National Bureau of the Statistics he has been applauded by both Nigerian and foreign observers from his reforms in the data process which many believe has restored sanity to the data production process in Nigeria. Kale is commended for introducing methodology updates, some decades old, using modern technology such as Computer Assisted Personal Interview Devices to gather data and improving platforms for data dissemination including a data portal, upgraded website and App and the use of infographics to make data easily understandable by users. Under him timeliness of data, data quantity and quality has been greatly enhanced and data credibility improved significantly. He is highly regarded for his fierce refusal to tamper with data or rejection of the politicization of data which has gained him recognition from both pro and anti governments stakeholders as well as the international community. In August 2016 he declared that Nigeria"a economy had entered into a recession, the first time in 25 years. Kale was awarded the National Productivity Order of Merit for outstanding performance, professionalism and diligence in February 2017 by the Nigerian President Muhammad Buhari.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2018
He is best of the worst.Brain drain.Kenya stats and econometric has for long time been under Prof Terry Ryan an onyimbo kenyan who knows his shiet.Not Adis Ababa idiot like Yemi Kale.You need to get someone of Prof Terry Ryan calipher to help you with credible figures
Daejoyoung:

. Yemi Kale is the Statistician General of the National Bureau of Statistics of Nigeria.[1]

Kale assumed office in 2011,[3] and was reappointed in 2016 making him the first chief executive in the Agency's history to serve two terms as statistician general. Kale is also a member of the boards of Skye Bank and SFS Capital Nigeria Limited. Before assuming office Kale acted as a special adviser to the Nigerian Minister of Finance and Minister of National Planning as well as group head of research and strategy at Investment Banking and Trust Company, now Stanbic IBTC Bank[4] In addition, Kale is a member of the World Economics Association, UK Royal Economic Society, and a fellow of the UK Royal Statistical Society.[4] He is also a fellow of the Nigerian Statistical Association and a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Administrators and Researchers of Nigeria among others. At The National Bureau of the Statistics he has been applauded by both Nigerian and foreign observers from his reforms in the data process which many believe has restored sanity to the data production process in Nigeria. Kale is commended for introducing methodology updates, some decades old, using modern technology such as Computer Assisted Personal Interview Devices to gather data and improving platforms for data dissemination including a data portal, upgraded website and App and the use of infographics to make data easily understandable by users. Under him timeliness of data, data quantity and quality has been greatly enhanced and data credibility improved significantly. He is highly regarded for his fierce refusal to tamper with data or rejection of the politicization of data which has gained him recognition from both pro and anti governments stakeholders as well as the international community. In August 2016 he declared that Nigeria"a economy had entered into a recession, the first time in 25 years. Kale was awarded the National Productivity Order of Merit for outstanding performance, professionalism and diligence in February 2017 by the Nigerian President Muhammad Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by isaacojih: 8:35pm On Sep 04, 2018
Why won't Kenyan be ahead of us, PMB and his evil party has finally destroyed our country, we are now rated as the most poorest country in Africa because of his bad governance, their is nothing good about his government apart from trekking 800m, calling his youth lazy, rigging election, supporting his fellow herdsmen, his undemocratic ruling, his support for corruption, etc.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
rvp2018:
You're implying there are creditors or lenders out there hawking huge loans that you're rejecting? or rather the more accurate description being you're so afraid of debt - you can't even take 1% of your supposed GDP in debt. 1% being 4-5B dollars. PRAY TELL US HOW YOU WILL DEVELOP WITHOUT DEBT. Nigeria GDP is indeed oil - and we can measure oil - 2M barrels per day * price of oil *365 days - outside that - we can use TZ or DRC figures - and weight it by population. Basically oil GDP is around 50-60B + TZ (50B)* 3 - roughly your GDP is about 200B! or we can use DRC congo (about 35 * 2.3=90+50=150B) - if you check nearly any index - you cluster around DRC or Tanzania - save for Oil production.

The statistics you gave are not correct you made the mistake like a lot of nigerians.1 you are putting 100% profit on a barrel of oil that is wrong. You cannot get 100% profit from one barrel. You have to drill oil wells ,you have to lay oil pipes, you have to put oil rig. There is no business in this world 100% profit you have to invest in infrastructure and facilities for the business. The amount of money nigeria mix form a barrel of oil is no more than $15 us dollar. A country like saudi arabia make 65% profit from its oil. The other hand we have massive oil spills, we had pipelines being blown up, we have oil theft, nobody calculate these losses. You cannot see 2 million barrels payday x 365 day. Then you will x the total by the price of oil sorry it does not work that way. Why companies will take their profits they will pay their workers. The government will take their profits. Some of the profit we go to infrastructure maintenance.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2018
TayserMahiri:
The World's Poorest Countries

Tanzania kicking ass at pos 9, led by their singing bros Congo, and unfortunately Uganda and Ethiopia.

Honestly, if you were given a list of these 3 countries: Ethiopia, Uganda and Tanzania, you would be able to explain why the first two are dirt poor. For UG you'd likely say Idi Amin and for Ethio you'd likely say droughts or wars. But for Tanzania you'd have to google or engage an expert. These guys are just poor for nothing. No wars, no droughts,,,none of those things. They are just poor for poverty's sake.

It's not good to laugh at tanzania when nigeria is worst then tanzania
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

The statistics you gave are not correct you made the mistake like a lot of nigerians.1 you are putting 100% profit on a barrel of oil that is wrong. You cannot get 100% profit from one barrel. You have to drill oil wells ,you have to lay oil pipes, you have to put oil rig. There is no business in this world 100% profit you have to invest in infrastructure and facilities for the business. The amount of money nigeria mix form a barrel of oil is no more than $15 us dollar. A country like saudi arabia make 65% profit from its oil. The other hand we have massive oil spills, we had pipelines being blown up, we have oil theft, nobody calculate these losses. You cannot see 2 million barrels payday x 365 day. Then you will x the total by the price of oil sorry it does not work that way. Why companies will take their profits they will pay their workers. The government will take their profits. Some of the profit we go to infrastructure maintenance.
Hmm na two of una kukuma fit each oda before.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2018
nwoke37:

Nigeria will soon take over as the country with the most number of tech hubs in Africa....

Oh you min poverty hubs

(1) (2) (3) ... (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) (2226) (2227) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.