Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,003 members, 7,856,042 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 01:00 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (4119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6276250 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4116) (4117) (4118) (4119) (4120) (4121) (4122) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Martin0(m): 3:52pm On Mar 30, 2019
XhosaNostra:

That you're a big flirt? Well, you are lol.
hahahahahgrin na wa oooogrin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2019
Sahara Group eyes Total’s stakes in three African refineries

Sahara Group, a Nigerian energy and infrastructure conglomerate, is negotiating with Total to buy the French oil company’s stakes in refineries in Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire and Senegal.

The Executive Director, Sahara Group, Mr Tope Shonubi, was quoted by S&P Global Platts as saying this on the sidelines of the African Refiners Association conference in Cape Town.

Shonubi said Sahara was also looking to take a controlling stake in Zambia’s only refinery.

He said, “The market has changed now. From your traditional typical trading [house], now you have to invest in infrastructure and provide some sort finance. The market has evolved. You cannot just trade alone. There must be added value.

“Our objective is to upgrade all these refineries. It is strategic for us to be shareholders; it is strategic to ensure that because of our participation in the value chain and both in the crude supply and in products we have to make sure we have to maximise what we are doing.”

According to him, Sahara already has less than a 10 per cent stake in the 75,000 barrels per day refinery in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, and the 27,000 bpd refinery in Dakar, Senegal, and hopes to increase those stakes by buying Total’s shares in the refineries.

Total owns a 19.71 per cent interest in Sonara, Cameroon’s only refinery, a seven per cent stake in theSociete Africaine de Raffinage refinery in Senegal, and has a 20 per cent holding in Societe Ivoirienne de Raffinage, which owns and operates Cote d’Ivoire’s sole refinery in Abidjan.

Sahara is a key supplier of crude for the three West African refineries, all of which predominantly run on Nigerian crude.

Sahara is also in the midst of taking a 70 per cent stake in the 25,000 bpd Indeni refinery from the Zambian Government and hopes to conclude the deal in the coming months.

Shonubi, in a statement made available to our correspondent on Wednesday, said the adoption of unified standards across Africa would create a bigger and more effective regional market that would enhance the continent’s competitive positioning in global energy markets.

He said the existence of a fragmented petroleum products market with different product specifications, sulphur content and emission requirements remained a huge stumbling block to accessing the benefits that could accrue from intra-regional trade in the sector.

He said, “The adoption of similar specifications and standards has been achieved across Europe and most of North America, creating a single larger market for petroleum trade.

“While diesel specifications remain fragmented across Africa, jet fuel specifications are almost completely unified across the world. This similarity has improved the ease of trading jet fuel across borders, ensured access to a wider market and enhanced competitiveness in the aviation industry.”

Shonubi urged all stakeholders to embrace the AFRI-4 standards, which were the outcome of a partnership between ARA and the World Bank to promote the adoption of a single standard for cleaner fuels.

According to him, the adoption of the Afri-4 specifications will guarantee unified product standard across the region, ease of intra-regional petroleum product trade, reduction in bulk transportation costs and optimisation of regional infrastructure.

“This will ultimately make Africa a more influential economic bloc,” he added.

He said the unified standards would defragment African markets, resulting in favourable economies of scale in intra-regional trade, regional harmonisation of taxes and excise duties, and reduction in smuggling and adulteration of products.

Shonubi further said it would lead to improved local refining capacity, reduced landing costs of petroleum products, joint infrastructure projects as well as export diversification and access to a larger customer base.

He said Africa must accord the prospects of intra-regional trade the urgency it deserved to ensure accelerated economic development.

https://punchng.com/sahara-group-eye...an-refineries/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Martin0(m): 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Only now the bolded dawned on you? undecided
why you asking?grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 3:56pm On Mar 30, 2019
vaxx:
i still ask you Dundee like his iliiterate buffon obafool. Where are the remaining 7 UniversIty names? This shouldn't give too much worry.

Now, it is confirmed that you are daft. angry

17 African universities made the list but because you saw 10 you became confused. Smh

Legon university is not among the 17 African universities in the world 1000 university rankings. EOD grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2019
forgiveness:

Now, it is confirmed that you are daft. angry

17 African universities made the list but because you saw 10 you became confused. Smh

Legon university is not among the 17 African universities in the world 1000 university rankings. EOD grin
You see when i called you Dundee. It is not an insult but a tittle.

You do poor job in your poor copy and pasting j assignment. The only thing you contribute here . you and the idiot suffering from dunny kruger effect are known for that anyway. You follishly pass out your ignorant. Though, i am not suprised . Cus you were the one who said OAU has 40 thousand population before you stupidly say it is around 40.. I wonder how a volume of five THOUSAND becomes around.

Anyway this is the ranking and their list of respected subject.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
obaaderemi:
What do you suggest we do about this idiot who can not count 1, 2, 3?
@ forgiveness
He is an embarrassment to all educated Africans.

Hahahaha! We should buy him a slate and choke so that he can enroll in a kindergarten in Ghana. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2019
forgiveness:

Hahahaha! We should buy him a slate and choke so that he can enroll in a kindergarten in Ghana. grin

haaaaaa hilarious. when you yourself is at your milestone.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by AskiaHarem(m): 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2019
68816419:
Sahara Group eyes Total’s stakes in three African refineries

Sahara Group, a Nigerian energy and infrastructure conglomerate, is negotiating with Total to buy the French oil company’s stakes in refineries in Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire and Senegal.

The Executive Director, Sahara Group, Mr Tope Shonubi, was quoted by S&P Global Platts as saying this on the sidelines of the African Refiners Association conference in Cape Town.

Shonubi said Sahara was also looking to take a controlling stake in Zambia’s only refinery.

He said, “The market has changed now. From your traditional typical trading [house], now you have to invest in infrastructure and provide some sort finance. The market has evolved. You cannot just trade alone. There must be added value.

“Our objective is to upgrade all these refineries. It is strategic for us to be shareholders; it is strategic to ensure that because of our participation in the value chain and both in the crude supply and in products we have to make sure we have to maximise what we are doing.”

According to him, Sahara already has less than a 10 per cent stake in the 75,000 barrels per day refinery in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, and the 27,000 bpd refinery in Dakar, Senegal, and hopes to increase those stakes by buying Total’s shares in the refineries.

Total owns a 19.71 per cent interest in Sonara, Cameroon’s only refinery, a seven per cent stake in theSociete Africaine de Raffinage refinery in Senegal, and has a 20 per cent holding in Societe Ivoirienne de Raffinage, which owns and operates Cote d’Ivoire’s sole refinery in Abidjan.

Sahara is a key supplier of crude for the three West African refineries, all of which predominantly run on Nigerian crude.

Sahara is also in the midst of taking a 70 per cent stake in the 25,000 bpd Indeni refinery from the Zambian Government and hopes to conclude the deal in the coming months.

Shonubi, in a statement made available to our correspondent on Wednesday, said the adoption of unified standards across Africa would create a bigger and more effective regional market that would enhance the continent’s competitive positioning in global energy markets.

He said the existence of a fragmented petroleum products market with different product specifications, sulphur content and emission requirements remained a huge stumbling block to accessing the benefits that could accrue from intra-regional trade in the sector.

He said, “The adoption of similar specifications and standards has been achieved across Europe and most of North America, creating a single larger market for petroleum trade.

“While diesel specifications remain fragmented across Africa, jet fuel specifications are almost completely unified across the world. This similarity has improved the ease of trading jet fuel across borders, ensured access to a wider market and enhanced competitiveness in the aviation industry.”

Shonubi urged all stakeholders to embrace the AFRI-4 standards, which were the outcome of a partnership between ARA and the World Bank to promote the adoption of a single standard for cleaner fuels.

According to him, the adoption of the Afri-4 specifications will guarantee unified product standard across the region, ease of intra-regional petroleum product trade, reduction in bulk transportation costs and optimisation of regional infrastructure.

“This will ultimately make Africa a more influential economic bloc,” he added.

He said the unified standards would defragment African markets, resulting in favourable economies of scale in intra-regional trade, regional harmonisation of taxes and excise duties, and reduction in smuggling and adulteration of products.

Shonubi further said it would lead to improved local refining capacity, reduced landing costs of petroleum products, joint infrastructure projects as well as export diversification and access to a larger customer base.

He said Africa must accord the prospects of intra-regional trade the urgency it deserved to ensure accelerated economic development.

https://punchng.com/sahara-group-eye...an-refineries/

2050 Map of Africa grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2019
vaxx:
You see when i called Dundee. It is nkt an insult but a tittle.

You do poor job in your poor copy and pasting j assignment. The only you contribute here . you and the idiot suffering from dunny kruger effect are known for that anyway. You follishly pass out your ignorant. Though, i am not suprised . Cus you were the one who said OAU has 40 thousand population before you stupidly say it is around 40.. I wonder how a volume of five THOUSAND becomes around.

Anyway this is the ranking and their list of respected subject.

You are making yourself look daft every moment you comment.

This is not ranking. How can University of Cape town carry 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, etcetera in a single contest? You are daft, honestly. I am sorry to say this. angry

Now, see what comes up when you type University of Kenya. It displays the university and the position straight. But what happened when you type University of Ghana? Oops! It doesn't exist pops out. Bhuhahahaha! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Chauke(m): 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2019
forgiveness:

But I think they are enjoying the show of shame.

Just like Buhari enjoying the marauding Fulani herdsmen.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2019
forgiveness:

You are making yourself look daft every moment you comment.

This is not ranking. How can University of Cape town carry 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, etcetera in a single contest? You are daft, honestly. I am sorry to say this. angry

Now, see what comes up when you type University of Kenya. It displays the university and the position straight. But what happened when you type University of Ghana? Oops! It doesn't exist pops out. Bhuhahahaha! grin
you are even more stupid than i think honestly. Were you not tbe foolish nitwit demanding for an explanation of number?

I thought you are little stupid in what you do but no, you are brain dead in it. That is a ranking base on the subject and the numbers they represent.

Illiterate Google user. This is what happen you type qs ranking africa univeristy.....

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2019
vaxx:
you are even more stupid than i think honestly. Were you not tbe foolish nitwit demanding for an explanations of number?

I thought you are little stupid in what you do but no, you are brain dead in it. That is a ranking base on the subject and the numbers they represent.

Illiterate Google user. This is what happen you type qs ranking africa univeristy.....

Post the link and let me disgrace you. I am sure Ghana is not listed in 2019 world university rankings. Show me the year of this ranking. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Chauke(m): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2019
XhosaNostra:

What you believe is irrelevant. You have all your ten fingers intact, dontcha? Fucking use them to get the info you want!
Also, I'm not here to change anyone's perception of South Africa, neither am I going to come here & be all apologetic about crimes committed by others. In fact, i couldn't care less. No remorse whatsoever because i have nothing eating at my conscience. If people cannot judge me as an individual instead of a South African, that is also their fucking problem, not mine.

Xenophobia existed long before South Africans made that word synonymous with the country. However, that still doesn't mean we're all guilty or supportive of it. Only a dim ray of sunshine would think we're all responsible or have something to account for. Bleep that!

Anyway yeah, it's warm & sunny in PTA. Not a single blood spatter or smoke smiley

Hear hear well said!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Chauke(m): 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2019
XhosaNostra:

What you believe is irrelevant. You have all your ten fingers intact, dontcha? Fucking use them to get the info you want!
Also, I'm not here to change anyone's perception of South Africa, neither am I going to come here & be all apologetic about crimes committed by others. In fact, i couldn't care less. No remorse whatsoever because i have nothing eating at my conscience. If people cannot judge me as an individual instead of a South African, that is also their fucking problem, not mine.

Xenophobia existed long before South Africans made that word synonymous with the country. However, that still doesn't mean we're all guilty or supportive of it. Only a dim ray of sunshine would think we're all responsible or have something to account for. Bleep that!

Anyway yeah, it's warm & sunny in PTA. Not a single blood spatter or smoke smiley

Hear hear well said!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2019
Chauke:

Just like Buhari enjoying the marauding Fulani herdsmen.

We are not denying that but what says South Africa's government?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 4:47pm On Mar 30, 2019
forgiveness:

Post the link and let me disgrace you. I am sure Ghana is not listed in 2019 world university rankings. Show me the year of this ranking. grin
idiot. I am already disgracing you. This is what you ignorantly can't see.

Slow-poke

The two i show below is 2019.

Times higher is up while Qs is below

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:50pm On Mar 30, 2019
vaxx:
idiot. I am already disgracing you. This is what you ignorantly can't see.

Slow-poke

The two i show below is 2019.

Times higher is up while Qs is below

I know you are a bloody crook. You posted 2018 ranking. The reason you couldn't post the link. Shame on ya! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Chauke(m): 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2019
Kazikazi:
Do u think xenophobia is a byproduct of illegal immigrants?

FYI, when foreigners are attacked, the attackers don't ask for documents to see if a foreigner is illegal or not.
Most truck drivers who were attacked recently are not illegal immigrants. There are cross border truck drivers who don't even stay in south Africa but they were attacked. And there are white foreigners in SA who are illegal but are not attacked!Xenophobia is more than what you think

Your understanding of the causes of xenophobia is so pedestrian,apply the same analysis to
understand the phenomenon of marauding Fulani Herdsmen or causes of religious tensions in Nigeria or tribal wars on the continent.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2019
forgiveness:

I know you are a bloody crook. You posted 2018 ranking. The reason you couldn't post the link. Shame on ya! grin
why do you blocked me? Are you scared of being exposed?

This graph depicts 2019 as well

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2019
Chauke:

Your understanding of the causes of xenophobia is so pedestrian,apply the same analysis to
understand the phenomenon of marauding Fulani Herdsmen or causes of religious tensions in Nigeria or tribal wars on the continent.
he's from Tanzanian so leave Nigeria out of your fvcking mouth. undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 5:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
vaxx1:

The spambot detected your lies hence the need to ban you indefinitely. grin

I dare you to post a snapshot of university of Ghana with the 2019 captured on it. I don't want to see other categories except the global university rankings. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Am just messing with you Xhosa grin grin grin

You southy gals have a nice way of getting worked up. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 5:08pm On Mar 30, 2019
Chauke:

That is like comparing apples and oranges
It doesn't make any sense
The best thing is for foreigners to leave and go back to there countries xenophobic attacks will always reoccur in south Africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2019
JaceBlaze:
............would my input put anyone at ease? would me speaking against xenophobia on the net automatically reassure the safety of immigrants in SA? I mean I'm just a guy with a phone in his hands who also happens to be a member of Nairaland and that's where it all ends for me.I'm not here on a diplomatic mission,so I get confused when I see my name tagged in things like this....WITH ALL DUE RESPECT.

Huh! Jace, we are all Africans. You can barely have the luxury of laughing at or mocking your fellow Africans. The other day you were supporting kumafire when he was running amock with the Turkana pics. Barely a week later its your turn to hide in shame grin grin.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
forgiveness:

The spambot detected your lies hence the need to ban you indefinitely. grin

I dare you to post a snapshot of university of Ghana with the 2019 captured on it. I don't want to see other categories except the global university rankings. grin
lol. Snapbot or you did it because you ignorantly can't cope with the truth.

https://www.topuniversities.com/subject-rankings/2019
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
Charelsz:
Gbam!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2019
TayserMahri:

Am just messing with you Xhosa grin grin grin

You southy gals have a nice way of getting worked up. grin

smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2019
Allen02:
Gbam!!!
lol can you believed the nonsense grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2019
vaxx1:

This is subject ranking in developmental studies not the main global world university rankings. Unfortunately, you posted University of Ghana subject ranking which ranked its developmental studies in 2017. You can lie ooooo. grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
forgiveness:

This is subject ranking in developmental studies not the main global world university rankings. Unfortunately, you posted University of Ghana subject ranking which ranked its developmental studies in 2017. You can lie ooooo. grin
You see your lies...when i exposed you begin to look for excuses.

So you don't see where the graph captured 2019 subject ranking... i thought you said legon is not included?

Again....take it

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
Charelsz:
I really laughed when he compared me to Fulani tribesmen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4116) (4117) (4118) (4119) (4120) (4121) (4122) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.