Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (4149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6183524 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4146) (4147) (4148) (4149) (4150) (4151) (4152) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 10:27am On Apr 01, 2019
tylann:

Read again you will see it
Don't force matters
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 10:29am On Apr 01, 2019
tylann:

Now that is the difference
You use mud bricks
Here in Kenya mud is just patched up and it becomes a house

Yeah but even then, it needs to be built again years down the line, taking the material it's built with into consideration. You don't just sit & let it crumble around you. It just shows lack of pride lol.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:29am On Apr 01, 2019
Kazikazi:
Don't force matters

I said read it again are you an illiterate
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 10:30am On Apr 01, 2019
Tanzania.
Welcome to the only underwater hoter room in Africa

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:31am On Apr 01, 2019
Kazikazi:
How is Turkana today? Can we see some new pics?

How is ngorongoro crater
Is your govt still hiding hunger incidences
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:34am On Apr 01, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Yeah but even then, it needs to be built again years down the line, taking the material it's built with into consideration. You don't just sit & let it crumble around you. It just shows lack of pride lol.

Not all are crumbling some are beautifully and well maintained just Google you will find them
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 10:42am On Apr 01, 2019
tylann:

Not all are crumbling some are beautifully and well maintained just Google you will find them

OK.

Hope I don't see those scary Massai huts again tongue grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:48am On Apr 01, 2019
XhosaNostra:

OK.

Hope I don't see those scary Massai huts again tongue grin

Maasai are pastoralists
They just build makeshift shelters
They move from place to place
So those houses of theirs are not permanent
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 10:49am On Apr 01, 2019
tylann:

How is ngorongoro crater
Is your govt still hiding hunger incidences
Should we start posting hunger photo album?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 10:54am On Apr 01, 2019
tylann:

Maasai are pastoralists

Well, I just looked. The presentable ones are lodges, not where ordinary people live. The rest are ugly, no offence.

These look nice though.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 10:56am On Apr 01, 2019
tylann:

Maasai are pastoralists
But Masai's houses in Tz looks better
Just see this

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2019
Kazikazi:
Should we start posting hunger photo album?

What are you waiting for pvssy or what
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Well, I just looked. The presentable ones are lodges, not where ordinary people live. The rest are ugly, no offence.

These look nice though.

I was meaning maasai people build temporary houses known as manyattas
Which they demolish while they move with they cattle looking for water and pastures
So they dont put much energy on it

Why build a magnificent hut which you will demolish next month and move on
I hope you get the point now
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 11:11am On Apr 01, 2019
Kazikazi:
Just see this

How am i sure those are maasai houses
And they not beautiful

That is a permanent settlement

Those are not manyattas
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 11:17am On Apr 01, 2019
The Ndebele people have some of the best villages. Colourful & eye-catching.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 11:23am On Apr 01, 2019
tylann:

I was meaning maasai people build temporary houses known as manyattas
Which they demolish while they move with they cattle looking for water and pastures
So they dont put much energy on it

Why build a magnificent hut which you will demolish next month and move on
I hope you get the point now

Yeah, but those were not only Maasai huts I saw undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 11:26am On Apr 01, 2019
Kazikazi:
Just see this

That is beautiful.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 11:30am On Apr 01, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Yeah, but those were not only Maasai huts I saw undecided

We were talking about maasai undecided

In connection with other tribes in Kenya they have both ugly and beautiful huts

good lord you are stubborn cool
Is that an Aquarius trait
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 11:37am On Apr 01, 2019
tylann:

We were talking about maasai undecided

In connection with other tribes in Kenya they have both ugly and beautiful huts

good lord you are stubborn cool
Is that an Aquarius trait

Tayser or some of the guys would have to support you with pictorial evidence on this one, I'm not convinced tongue

So the Maasai don't have permanent homestead? How long do they live in the makeshift "homes"?
Btw, I just saw something else interesting. You guys also have what is called a boma. We build bomas here too for initiates.

tongue grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 11:42am On Apr 01, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Tayser or some of the guys would have to support you with pictorial evidence on this one, I'm not convinced tongue

So the Maasai don't have permanent homestead? How long do they live in the makeshift "homes"?
Btw, I just saw something else interesting. You guys also have what is called a boma. We build bomas here too for initiates.

Some have permanent homesteads
But those are concrete houses
As many maasai people are abandoning the pastoralist lifestyle
They settle in one place when they settle they
Build concrete houses
In my community mud houses are sign of poverty and failure

Yes we have boma
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 11:48am On Apr 01, 2019
XhosaNostra:

tongue grin

I personal underwent traditional circumcision
It was fun but also a horrendous experience

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 11:52am On Apr 01, 2019
tylann:

Some have permanent homesteads
But those are concrete houses
As many maasai people are abandoning the pastoralist lifestyle
They settle in one place when they settle they
Build concrete houses
In my community mud houses are sign of poverty and failure

Yes we have boma

Oh, I see.
Why do you guys feel that way about mud houses? Here it is seen as cultural preservation. Even people with brick homes in the villages still build a mud house or two, to remain connected to one's roots.

Well, I was truly surprised by seeing a boma & it being called a boma because that's what we call it too, spelt "Bhoma".
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 11:57am On Apr 01, 2019
tylann:

I personal underwent traditional circumcision
It was fun but also a horrendous experience

You stay in bomas too for that?

South African guys will come for my head for even having this discussion tongue It's off limits for them, so let me leave it right there smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 12:02pm On Apr 01, 2019
TayserMahri:

[s]Actually am controlling the destiny of Ogun from my abode![/s]
Of course,Tasha, you need to console yourself. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 12:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
Allen02:
Damn Nigga why are you this Savage? grin grin grin
Savage is my middle name. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 12:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
XhosaNostra:

You stay in bomas too for that?

South African guys will come for my head for even having this discussion tongue It's off limits for them, so let me leave it right there smiley

In kenya boma means homestead

When i underwent circumcision
We were staying in some shelters in the wilderness
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 12:08pm On Apr 01, 2019
tylann:

In kenya boma means homestead

When i underwent circumcision
We were staying in some shelters in the wilderness

Oh, that's what it means? Because when that word was used in the pictures I saw, they showed grass/straw structures, which is why I thought the meanings are the same. Anyway, good to know.

Yeah, that's how it's done here as well. No women allowed to even visit a loved on over there.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 12:09pm On Apr 01, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Oh, I see.
Why do you guys feel that way about mud houses? Here it is seen as cultural preservation. Even people with brick homes in the villages still build a mud house or two, to remain connected to one's roots.

Well, I was truly surprised by seeing a boma & it being called a boma because that's what we call it too, spelt "Bhoma".

I guess it is just people mindset and westernization
People want to build nice concrete houses
Not mud houses those are a big no
Iam in the village right now some people have both concrete houses and mud houses in the same compound they say it reminds them where they came from

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 12:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
NairobiWalker1:
The father of Nigeria's Vice President. cheesy cheesy
hahahagrin
Desperate kenyan
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 12:13pm On Apr 01, 2019
tylann:

I guess it is just people mindset and westernization
People want to build nice concrete houses
Not mud houses those are a big no
Iam in the village right now some people have both concrete houses and mud houses in the same compound they say it reminds them where they came from

Understandable.

@Bolded, of course! We can't completely wipe out our origins for the sake of "civilization". A person who doesn't know where he is from will have no sense of direction in life.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 12:14pm On Apr 01, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Oh, that's what it means? Because when that word was used in the pictures I saw, they showed grass/straw structures, which is why I thought the meanings are the same. Anyway, good to know.

Yeah, that's how it's done here as well. No women allowed to even visit a loved on over there.

Yes boma it is more connected to a traditional homestead
Women are not allowed to visit that area
Maybe the day when you are circumcisized is when they are allowed
To make you brave when your are scared they will laugh at you

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 12:16pm On Apr 01, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Understandable.

@Bolded, of course! We can't completely wipe out our origins for the sake of "civilization". A person who doesn't know where he is from will have no sense of direction in life.

True

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4146) (4147) (4148) (4149) (4150) (4151) (4152) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.