Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (2341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1095997 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2338) (2339) (2340) (2341) (2342) (2343) (2344) ... (2491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
samorobo:

M0ronic emotional sewer rat…
Let me add to that list..

Better urban layout/planning
Better looking modern buildings(most especially the high rises in the cbd)
More malls in number than Accra.
More entertainment centers
Better road network and wide road infrastructure .
Better urban settlement (this is rather obvious when view from the aerial view).
Better urban aesthetics.
Nearly zero presence of slum settlements.
Better highway .
Way more serene that Accra.
Looks way more modern that Accra.
Zero hawking in pavements.
Better greenery.
More pedestrian friendly than Accra…
Better transport facilities from rails to roads…

Unlike Accra that is a slumpit,with ugly buildings,kiosk,bad roads,lesser greenery,hideous architecture, zero urban aesthetics. The whole place is an underwhelming hodgepodge that Inspires . Accra is a perfect description of a slumpolis as rvp always describes. There is no where in that Accra that is impressive.

Don't let this eediot drag you down his lane of splitting hairs. No amount of Accra has this better than Abuja should be condone. Tell him the raw fact Accra inspires no one.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2023
Accra has the largest and superior Hospital facilities in West Africa.

1- Korlebu hospital ( the largest in West Africa)
Expanded from 192 bed capacity to 2000 bed capacity

2-UGMC hospital (the only quaternary facility in West Africa)
The bed capacity has been increased from 620 to 1000 bed capacity

3- Ridge Hospital
Expanded from 420 bed capacity to 600 bed capacity

4- 37 military hospital
Expanded to 500 bed capacity

Unlike a certain werey country that is now thinking of building a 500 bed capacity hospital that will become Africa's largest hospital in their Mumu dreams grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2023
Talk of Universities, Accra alone has over 15 notable public and private Universities with at least 4 of them ranking so high in Africa, namely

-University of Ghana (UG)
-University of Professional studies,Accra (UPSA)
-Ghana Institute Of Management and Professional studies (GIMPA)
- Accra Technical University (ATU)

Gosh, Abuja is so empty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:16pm On Oct 11, 2023
The best and modern Airport in West Africa
-Kotoka International Airport

When flights fail to land in your substandard airports they divert their routes to the superior Airport in Accra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2023
popizaino:

First and foremost,Abidjan does not start and end in plateau and her development isn't confined to that little portion. So don't assume that is all to see about Abidjan.

Secondly,Abidjan is not folding her arms for Accra to come and match her in development and in beauty,It is also developing and expanding into new areas like bingerville, ayama,grand bassam,yopougon,Rivera II etc. Accra will always play catch-up to her in anything.

And also,i have not been to bouake before but video evidences shows it is more decent than those aforementioned Ghanaian cities. Even lesser towns like Abengourou that have been to,looks better than koforidua and Sunyani. Now imagine the bigger cities like bouake,Yamousokro, San Pedro and all.

Lastly, the City will host the continent in the next African Cup of nation next year June and i know by then it will sprawl alot of debate in Ghana 🇬🇭 when their fans travel there and marvel at what it on ground.
Abidjan was far better than Lagos and Accra put together up until somewhere early 2000 (the date of the evacuation). Plateaux (downtown abidjan was quite pretty), cocody was cool and the whole riviera neighborhood was very beautiful. But Accra is too modern to be compared with abdidjan now . The airport city alone takes it all. No part of Abidjan is as sophisticated and modern like the airport city if you know Accra well. I don't even need a debate for this. Only banana island in lagos will rival it in the whole of west africa.

Accra current fly over has double that of Abidjan and still counting.

If we are having this debate in the 90s , I wouldn't even debate it . Bouake is not better than four major Ghanaian popular city( Kumasi, Takoradi Tema and tamali. This aforementioned city beat bouake the second largest city in ivory coast down. I know the city like the back of my hands

I deal with evidence not emotions.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
vankelvin:
Control your emotions.

Accra has and will always be greener than Abuja
Anyways, What makes a stadium a Standard one? I need an answer grin cheesy angry cheesy

As I said early, you can only compare Abuja to the worst areas of Lagos, Accra, Abidjan and Dakar. These 4 cities have both the good and the bad areas because of Obvious reasons but in totality Abuja will always be behind the aforementioned cities

It's funny comparing your dry village Capital with Abuja, the Capital City of West Africa cheesy cheesy In Everything you mentioned up there. Abuja best Accra.

Stadium
Beautiful Houses
Parks
Malls
Road network
Interchange
Hotels
Railway etc Abuja is ahead of your village grin cheesy

How can Accra be more greenery than Abuja. You must be a mad man grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2023
vankelvin:
The best and modern Airport in West Africa
-Kotoka International Airport

When flights fail to land in their substandard airports they divert their routes to the superior Airport in Accra
Show us Accra railway station grin cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2023
vankelvin:
Control your emotions.

Anyways, What makes a stadium a Standard one? I need an answer grin cheesy angry cheesy

As I said early, you can only compare Abuja to the worst areas of Lagos, Accra, Abidjan and Dakar. These 4 cities have both the good and the bad areas because of Obvious reasons but in totality Abuja will always be behind the aforementioned cities

Your shitty Accra can never be at the level of Abuja in the next 100years

Almat Farm, You can see how greenery the place is cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:30pm On Oct 11, 2023
Talk of Malls, Accra leads, others limp behind

1) Accra International Mall
The soon to be 7th largest Mall in Africa and the largest Mall in West Africa

2) West hills Mall
Currently the largest Mall in West Africa

Not even your Jabi lake mall can compare

Others are
3) Accra Mall

4) Legon Mall

5) Achimota Mall

6) Junction mall

7) Marina Mall
etc

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2023
vankelvin:
Control your emotions.

When it comes to greenery. No city in the entire West Africa can come close to Abuja. It's not about paper nonsense. It's about reality man cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:32pm On Oct 11, 2023
ProblemChild1:
Show us Accra railway station grin cheesy grin grin
Show us Abuja's 3tier and 4tier interchanges grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2023
vankelvin:
Control your emotions.

When it comes to greenery in Africa. Only Nairobi and Joburg can challenge Abuja. cool cheesy grin

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2023
Accra is so green and beautiful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2023
vankelvin:
Control your emotions.

Abuja no be una mate abeg grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2023
vankelvin:

Show us Abuja's 3tier and 4tier interchanges grin cheesy
You went and built a 4tier interchange in the middle of a slum grin grin grin grin Show us Accra railway station please, I want to check something grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2023
At least we built an interchange that is serving a better purpose. I hope you can say same about your national mosque that adds nothing to your country's coffers Or the millennium tower that has stalled till judgement day before its completed grin werey
ProblemChild1:
You went and built a 4tier interchange in the middle of a slum grin grin grin grin Show us Accra railway station please, I want to check something grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2023
vankelvin:
At least we built an interchange that is serving a better purpose. I hope you can say same about your national mosque that adds nothing to your countries coffers Or the millennium tower that has stalled till judgement day before it will be completed grin werey
Oga show us your railway station and stop barking like a dog grin cheesy grin the entire Ghana dosen't have light rail, let alone metro rail system grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 10:01pm On Oct 11, 2023
Greens everywhere in Accra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 10:03pm On Oct 11, 2023
Anamu, the moment you post Abuja's 3tier and 4tier interchanges I will show you Accra's railway. It's not that difficult undecided
ProblemChild1:
Oga show us your railway station and stop barking like a dog grin cheesy grin the entire Ghana dosen't have light rail, let alone metro rail system grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 10:06pm On Oct 11, 2023
vankelvin:
Anamu, the moment you post Abuja's 3tier and 4tier interchanges I will show you Accra's railway. It's not that difficult undecided
So you mean the entire dosen't have railway station shocked shocked chaill cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2023
Accra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2023
35mins of raw unfiltered drive through just 15% of Abuja. No dust, no kiosk,no baldly built building,no unnecessary billboards and post bills,just raw beauty. You can even hear the excitement in the lady's voice. The day Accra can have this drive through for 20mins without coming across any of this deficiencies,maybe they might inspire cotonou.

Oya vankelvin vote and choke on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sxa2OKDokE?si=uOOVrz_JfQaqNYLC

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 10:41pm On Oct 11, 2023
popizaino:
35mins of raw unfiltered drive through just 15% of Abuja. No dust, no kiosk,no baldly built building,no unnecessary billboards and post bills,just raw beauty. You can even hear the excitement in the lady's voice. The day Accra can have this drive through for 20mins without coming across any of this deficiencies,maybe they might inspire cotonou.

Oya vankelvin vote and choke on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sxa2OKDokE?si=uOOVrz_JfQaqNYLC
To add more for you. Accra will continue be a village to Abuja grin

Maitama, the Richest neighborhood in West Africa. Just see how greenery it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr5MyzRSHIw

WUSE II, Another beautiful Neighborhood in Abuja. See how greenery it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFVS6prx_yE

Abuja road drive, check the greenery. Accra will forever be a village to abuja.

1, Maitama
2,3 and 4 Wuse ll

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wuse ll

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 11:01pm On Oct 11, 2023
vaxx:
Abidjan was far better than Lagos and Accra put together up until somewhere early 2000 (the date of the evacuation). Plateaux (downtown abidjan was quite pretty), cocody was cool and the whole riviera neighborhood was very beautiful. But Accra is too modern to be compared with abdidjan now . The airport city alone takes it all. No part of Abidjan is as sophisticated and modern like the airport city if you know Accra well. I don't even need a debate for this. Only banana island in lagos will rival it in the whole of west africa.

Accra current fly over has double that of Abidjan and still counting.

If we are having this debate in the 90s , I wouldn't even debate it . Bouake is not better than four major Ghanaian popular city( Kumasi, Takoradi Tema and tamali. This aforementioned city beat bouake the second largest city in ivory coast down. I know the city like the back of my hands

I deal with evidence not emotions.

This is the ignorance i talked about. You think Abidjan has remained stagnant over the years so that Accra can come and over take. cheesy?

Besides,what is sophisticated about that dusty and scanty Airport city that can compete with plateau? grin grin grin is it the same airport city that has marina mall,SSNIT building and ministry of defence before it coming from cantonment or another one? Airport city is an expensive Oxford Street,a wannabe canary wharf, low budget Marina. It shouldn't be talked about in the same sentence with plateau which can compete favourably with some of the best places on the continent.

Watch this space another iconic building is coming up in plateau by 2024 which will be the tallest on the continent and no one is talking about because ivorians are used to such development not Ghanaians. cheesy. I was in Abidjan last week and i didn't even bother taking the picture because it's of no use other than taking picture of Marcoury to clear the misconception that only plateau has high-rise in Abidjan.

Lastly talking about emotions i am proud akwapim and it hasn't stopped me from leaning towards Ghana ignorantly like most of you do here.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2023
vankelvin:
Talk of Malls, Accra leads, others limp behind

1) Accra International Mall
The soon to be 7th largest Mall in Africa and the largest Mall in West Africa

2) West hills Mall
Currently the largest Mall in West Africa

Not even your Jabi lake mall can compare

Others are
3) Accra Mall

4) Legon Mall

5) Achimota Mall

6) Junction mall

7) Marina Mall
etc

Let me help you split more hairs. Your specialty

China 🇨🇳 mall on the spintex Road,sikpontele, Weija and Mcthary hills.

A&C Mall east legon

Oyarifa mall

Palace mall.

Melcom Achimota .
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by 68816419: 11:12pm On Oct 11, 2023
So today I stumbled unto to this video about Ghana's rail system. I personally think it may be extremely difficult for Ghana to pull it up going by what this man said. I may be wrong those

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xTpH82DN8g

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2023
vankelvin:
At least we built an interchange that is serving a better purpose. I hope you can say same about your national mosque that adds nothing to your country's coffers Or the millennium tower that has stalled till judgement day before its completed grin werey

Coping mechanisms.

I'm sure the national mosque 🕌 in kanda is also adding to your country's coffer,while sofoline interchange has been completed with Saglemi housing homeless Ghanaians right?

Mugu.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2023
vankelvin:
Greens everywhere in Accra

Accra inspires no one like Abuja. See Kenyans wanting it as a blueprint for their third largest city kisumu.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 11:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
vankelvin:

If you like build 5th,6th and 7th tier interchange the status quo of being called a village will not change. Your 3rd and 4th tier interchanges did change it either.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 1:10am On Oct 12, 2023
popizaino:

This is the ignorance i talked about. You think Abidjan has remained stagnant over the years so that Accra can come and over take. cheesy?

Besides,what is sophisticated about that dusty and scanty Airport city that can compete with plateau? grin grin grin is it the same airport city that has marina mall,SSNIT building and ministry of defence before it coming from cantonment or another one? Airport city is an expensive Oxford Street,a wannabe canary wharf, low budget Marina. It shouldn't be talked about in the same sentence with plateau which can compete favourably with some of the best places on the continent.

Watch this space another iconic building is coming up in plateau by 2024 which will be the tallest on the continent and no one is talking about because ivorians are used to such development not Ghanaians. cheesy. I was in Abidjan last week and i didn't even bother taking the picture because it's of no use other than taking picture of Marcoury to clear the misconception that only plateau has high-rise in Abidjan.

Lastly talking about emotions i am proud akwapim and it hasn't stopped me from leaning towards Ghana ignorantly like most of you do here.
Ignorance is written all over you.

Accra is building next bank of Ghana house ( which will house 26 storey building) it is probably no public news. The building is about to gulp about 300 million dollar . That is enough to build two city airport assuming Ghana want more .

It is building iconic church ( this one is popular because of the political debate it has attract).. the president invested about 100,000 ghc of his personal cash into it .

Fly over and interchange are almost springing up everywhere, even the one that are way comparable to one obtainable in the US. The dusty one in pokuasi is even the second largest in africa . This is for a city that is not up to five million people . Accra

Abdidjan hasn't remain stagnant but she doesn't come at a distant third to have what Accra currently has. The modern malls that marvel's the ivorians when they visit Accra, the modern hospital ( one of the finest in africa ) and many project up and down the city of Accra. Abdidjan is beautiful but it is old . It is a fact I know like abc .

I don't think you know airport city well enough, cus you almost mistaken it to OSU ( oxford street) that is taken after the street of London with the same name.

This is airport city phase 1 , the phase 2 of course is springing up. ( I am looking for the dusty part lol..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIXkNzkC6YA?si=SHrMkiUOPHr5DvfE

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 2:11am On Oct 12, 2023
vankelvin:
Repeat it without crying.

nigeria has so many standard stadiums that you currently have only 1 CAF/fifa approved stadium whilst Ghana has 2 CAF/fifa approved stadiums.

grin grin grin You will be a good comedian in future grin
🤣😂

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2338) (2339) (2340) (2341) (2342) (2343) (2344) ... (2491) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: Baller254

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.