Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? (12166 Views)

I-Go-Save And I Go Dye Celebrating Chelsea's Win / Predict This Season's Champion League Winner. Will Chelsea Retain It Or.. Choose / Will Chelsea Revert Back To D Diamond Formation To Accommodate Torres? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by toluwalomo(m): 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2005

The Champions League is still young but already, those who have no inkling about football are already tipping "boring Chelsea" to lift the trophy.

Chelsea can afford to splash mega-bucks in the English league and win the title.Simply because there is no stiff competition in the English league. Remove Arsenal, Man-UTD maybe Liverpool and a nameless bogey team and viola boredom in blue" strolls to the trophy.

Abrahamovich did his homework well. If he had spent his billions in Spain he would have gone bankrupt by now.

Anyways, the Champions league is another terrain entirely. And not the kick the ball and run after it way of the premiereship. Here, Chelsea will have to contend with the German grit, the Italian ruggedness, the diligent French and the mesmeric artistry of BARCELONA.

In conclusion, will CHELSEA win the league? YES! When hell freezes over!
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2005
Be fair in your article.
Did chelsea beat Bayer and Barcelona last year ?
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by pie1ect(m): 12:45am On Nov 29, 2005
@ tolu
True talk. It Strange how most chelsea fans (especially the ones in England) have lost touch with reality.Despite the fact that theyve won just 2 league trophies in their 100 years history , they see themselves as the greatest team in Europe.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Swish(m): 1:13am On Nov 29, 2005
Yes o! Gunners are gaining confidence back...man u ok...but blues...blues....spread your wings, pump...pump...and away...(drogba). Chelsea 4 the premiership
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2005
Pie1ect,
There's always the first timeof winning a siverware. This is one of my arguments with my Ghanians friends. They claimed they are the best in Africa because of their 5 nations cup victories but i always remind them that their last victory was 23 years ago in libya.
I am not suprised of the ENEMITY the gunners were showing to us. We are not the one that CURSED them to be wretched.
Jose predicted April 30 for us winning the premiership last season and it come to pass that we did clinch victory on that good saturday in Bolton.
He has yet predicted that we are winning it in the return leg against Newcastle.

Let wait and see.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by pie1ect(m): 11:58pm On Nov 29, 2005
Can Chelsea win the champion's league?----Hell, yes
Will they win it...........Hell, No.
Arsenal will (I hope). Anyways, chelsea look like they've got it in the bag but my friend, it's football and regardless of what Mourinho says, who go win, go win.
Goodluck for the rest of the season, but don't say I told you so, when you guys finish second.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 1:38am On Nov 30, 2005
the problem is i cant just see any team beating us. In premiership today, nobody can beat us by 2 goals to nothing. United one is a solitary goal in a match we dominated tru tru.
For Arsenal, they've got no single defence.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by vichel(m): 7:03pm On Nov 30, 2005
The community shields would be the last cup they win this season, not with the likes of Lyon, Barcelona, Liverpool, and even my team Arsenal stil in the champions league. They've lost the premiership cup already, they are just trying to postpone the inevitability. The FA cup might be their only hope, if Murinho's Ego does'nt get the best of him.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by c0dec(m): 8:05pm On Nov 30, 2005
FORZA JUVE
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by spikelord(m): 12:44am On Dec 01, 2005
lol, Chelsea winning the Champions League cup is like Nigeria going to the World Cup 2006!lol.
come to think of it, We still have great clubs like AC Milan, Inter Milan, Lyon, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus and the rest of them. What do we have?
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 3:15am On Dec 01, 2005
Spikelord
Only Ac milan had a good defence but others are basket but can score good goals.
Chelsea combined both.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by c0dec(m): 4:00am On Dec 01, 2005
Akolawole:

Spikelord
Only Ac milan had a good defence but others are basket but can score good goals.
Chelsea combined both.

akolawole, it's obvious u only watch the english game. u don't know sh*t about serie a. milan?? ask anybody, milan's defense has crumbled this season. they're looking for up to 5 new defenders in january.

Juve na basket are u nuts?? Juve is the best team at the moment my guy. no dey blasphem i dey beg u.

your beloved chelsea can't get past any of those teams spikelord listed this season. don't let premiership deceive u. try and watch some other leagues abeg.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Prospero: 9:58am On Dec 01, 2005
Not even in Hades, if they are dreaming of it somebody please help me and apologise, they can't have it, they can't have it, they can't have it.

Its clean clear, you've got greater teams in the spanish league, german league and the Italian league, what chelsea has even with all the money spinning is nothing compared to what teams like Barce, Madrid, Juve, B.Munich and the host of other great teams have.

I would say a very good start for them, but hey this is football, and there is one thing you just can't take away from football "it is not over, till its over" thats the watch word.
I still believe in my team Liverpool. wink
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by seriks(m): 11:14am On Dec 01, 2005
Hello

I would like to know if there is a chelsea fan amongst u guys. When i mean chelsea fan, I mean someone who supported chelsea pre Abrahamovich when they were underacheiving.Not someone who supported Man u 4 years ago, Arsenal 2 year ago......

Premiership: December is going to be interesting. potentially Chelsea is only 7 points ahead of the chasing pack, all of which has been improving on their performances of late. They still have to contend with a resurgent Arsenal and Liverpool and Wigan(Did u watch the first game of the season, Wigan did not deserve to lose that match). they are showing signs of weakness.

Champion League: Barcelona!!!! Juventus!! Even Bayern Munich!!! More than equal to the task to beating Chelsea. Watching Barcelona play is a thing of joy. I actually enjoyed their destruction of Madrid. (Madrid is my club in the La Liga)
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 2:35am On Dec 02, 2005
Prospero
Ur very very average team won it last year. We all know its a stolen victory. You dont need a superb team, you need good team plus luck. Thats why Liverpool won it.

Seriks
I have been supporting Chelsea since the Gullit years. I agree with you that Wigan was better on that day.Aren't Arsenal lucky against them as well.

Codec
Me only English League, i reserved my comment.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Oracle(m): 4:25am On Dec 02, 2005
Itz very amazing see that we have a lot of Football
lovers in the forum Keep it up grin

Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by c0dec(m): 10:01am On Dec 02, 2005
JUVE always, now and forever.

Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Trooper(m): 12:33am On Dec 03, 2005
The final will be Bayern Munich vs. FC Barcelona and Munich will be the winner !
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by pie1ect(m): 2:30am On Dec 03, 2005
Nope, it's gonna be Arsenal V Barcelona;
Just can't wait to see Henry V Ronaldinho and Henry V Eto'O.
Seeing as both teams rely more on attack, Arsenal to win 7-6 (in open play,90mins).
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 2:37am On Dec 03, 2005
pIE1ECT, THE DREAMER
Your prediction is good.
Two exciting teams with a lot of players with flair. BOTH OF THEM CONCEED GOALS LIKE HELL.
A team needs to be both good in defence and attack. both of them will be knocked out by 1/4 finals.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by pie1ect(m): 3:19am On Dec 03, 2005
Well, I think Arsenal have a very good chance in this year's CL. At least, this season we are unbeaten so far in Europe. grin
To all chelsea fans, I say wait until you meet the almighty Liverpool (remember last season?)
That's if you're lucky not to have been dumped out before then, with your drab style.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by mariachi(m): 9:34am On Dec 03, 2005
Truely, I wonder what all this fuss about chelsea is for? I think it is because the english league is the most popular. If some of you guys would watch other leagues some of your "wonderful thinking" would really change for reality.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by spikelord(m): 7:56pm On Dec 03, 2005
Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea, When would this whole cry about Chelsea winning the Champions League cease? I still think Barcelona is the best team in the world. Asides, we have AC Milan, Juve, and the team that can live up to the task of defeating any team this year would be Olympique Lyonnas. Inter is somehow having a very a penetrative defence and may not win Chelsea, but Bayern, PSV............. Oh my! Chelsea is out of the Champions League already. Take it or take it.............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Oracle(m): 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2005
spikelord:

I still think Barcelona is the best team in the world.
U think so coz RONALDINHO plays for the team

Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by joey(m): 11:38am On Dec 04, 2005
Spike,

Can't understand why people can't see that Chelsea are very beatable. Chelsea will win the Champions league only if Barcelona, Juventus and Lyon get beaten in the second round.

My ratings:
1. Barcelona
2. Lyon
3. Juventus
4. AC Milan
5. Chelsea
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by sotsamy(m): 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2005
ok i think chelsea are definately gona win but im more concernd bout arsenal why are they f***ing up??

Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Greatpeter(m): 11:16pm On Dec 07, 2005
Though I am Chelsea die hard supporter but they can't win Champions league for now.

Lyon is the best team at moment.

So I tipped them to win this time around and I think they are better than Barcelona.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by bagoma(f): 12:00am On Dec 08, 2005
arsenal is my team forever.
i hope and pray they'll win it this time but i guess that hope dwindles when you keep getting disappointments every year.(but then theres still a sparkle left)
aside my arsenal, i wish liverpool wins it but dont think they can do it again.
my other choice becomes juventus. they are the ones that presents the highest hopes for me.
chelsea? naaaaaaawwwwwww!!!
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 1:59am On Dec 08, 2005
Bagoma
It may take time, i will definitely win you over to South- west London.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by bagoma(f): 8:03pm On Dec 08, 2005
ha kola, that is impossicant. no way.
by the way when did you become a chelsea fan? i bet its only last season!
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2005
99% of my friend are gunners. I became chelsea fan in 1996/1997 during Ruud Gullit years. My relationship with the blues was cemented when Nigeria's most in-form player(at that time), Celestine Babayaro joined Chelsea from Belgium.
I will soon win u over even if i have to bring UK's richest man, Abrahamovich & the Highest paid coach in the World, Jose Mourinho to your yard.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by bagoma(f): 11:16pm On Dec 08, 2005
ha ha ha very funny.
99% of your friends are gunners, you've not been able to convince them, what makes you think you can convince me?
i am a gunner for ever. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Football Trial In Uk. / Manchester United Vs Blackburn (2 - 3) On Saturday 31st December 2011 / Shakhtar Donetsk Vs Manchester United: UCL (1 - 1) On 2nd October 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.