Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,303 members, 7,957,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:43 PM

Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? (12505 Views)

I-Go-Save And I Go Dye Celebrating Chelsea's Win / Predict This Season's Champion League Winner. Will Chelsea Retain It Or.. Choose / Will Chelsea Revert Back To D Diamond Formation To Accommodate Torres? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Swish(m): 12:15am On Dec 09, 2005
Chelsea...quality side anyday....premiership, most definitelt in the bag (except they a slam head first with a drastic and persistent loss of form, which is very unlikly). But the championions league has proven to really be a test of wits, guts adn stamina. Don't see chelsea nicking it. Ako...strangle me
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 12:33am On Dec 09, 2005
Bagoma,
It is an open secret that most Naija supports Arsenal b'cos Kanu, nothing more.
If not that Babayaro messes up a bit he would have been Chelsea captain now( As the longest serving player b4 he was sold) AND MAJORITY OF NHIGERIANS( including u) will be supporting Chelsea.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by bagoma(f): 1:16am On Dec 09, 2005
but kanu is no longer there yet we still support arsenal
its not because of any one man. its in our blood.
we just love arsenal!!!
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 1:51am On Dec 09, 2005
Swish,
"Loss of form". We are so hated in England and beyond. Everybody like us before two seasons ago but when a foreigner bought the club, the problem starts, The Richest man in UK then hire another arrogant but principle Jose Morhino who promised he's winning premiership at 1st count. The traditionalist coach says for where? NOT IN eNGLAND
It comes to pass that Chelsea won the league, they created records one after the other. Not only is Chelsea is the best team in England, they are in the top 3 in Europe. We have best 2 goalkeepers, solid defence, 2 best defensive midfielders in the world in Makalele and Essien BUT OUR STRIKERS ARE NOT THAT PROLIFIC.
I personally want Chelsea to play Barcelona then u will still what happens.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Swish(m): 2:24am On Dec 09, 2005
hope you are not holding on to last seaons win. because i assure Ako', it'll be a different game entirely.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2005
We are not holding on to last season .
There are 5 cups on the table this season.
1) We won the Charity Sheild by beating Bagoma's Arsenal
2) We are booted out of the lowest of all, Carling cup
3) We are No 1 in the Premiership and hopefully by February, it will be in the bag
4) We are in the knockout stages of Champions League and
5) FA cup will soon start.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Swish(m): 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2005
very impressive to say the least but i tell you, you get barca and it's home sweet home.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by nicetohave(m): 5:19am On Dec 10, 2005
The blues are not winning and the gunners are just a big, big joke!!! why dont you look beyond UK...Barca looks great for it, if anything at all id still stick my neck out for Liverpool
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by pie1ect(m): 5:27am On Dec 10, 2005
@Kola
I don tell you say Chelsea are going nowhere in the FA cup.
Count the Champions' league trophy out. English league, they are still not there, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do not take it as well.
You say you've got the best two keepers. In West London or England or in Europe?
You don hear of one Gianluigi Buffon or one Iker Cassilas or the other guy wey dem dey call Dida or even Coupet?
Cech dey top three but for heaven's sake, Carlo nor follow for best anything.
I think you guys think too much of yourselves becuase you've spent an upward of £200mill on players. You might be too good for the premiership at the moment, but trust  me, you are nowhere near the likes of Barcelona or Milan. Lyon, I maintain, play better football than Chelsea. I don't know if you've noticed but you've got the worst away record in Europe among the remaning Englsih teams in the CL, so don't get carried away.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by bagoma(f): 3:46am On Dec 11, 2005
WORD!
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2005
Bagoma hen hen : Face of a good friend, You are with pie1ect abi! , I NO GO EAT YOUR XMAS POUNDED YAM.
Before Peter Cech came, Cudicini is the best goalkeeper in premiership for three straight seasons. There was even a time English people want to get him naturalised so as to be their keeper.

Tell me a better keeper than Peter Cech..?
The only problem we have is striking role, Once we can get a super striker( Who knows Henry may be coming to South-West London). We will be alright.
We will be meeting Barcelona in the knockout stage. Then u will see.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by bagoma(f): 7:34pm On Dec 11, 2005
ok. we'll see who's crying then. you'll eat your words. bet am! lipsrsealed
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 8:59pm On Dec 11, 2005
wE DONT LOOK LIKE WINNING THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BUT WE ARE TOO GOOD IN ENGLAND, you will all join me to share wine and food in celebration of my team's sucess.
Anybody watching Inter Vs Ac millan now? Martins had just won a penalty for Andrano to score
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by kechy(f): 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2005
As things are right now, I dont care if any team wins it since my team has miserably lost out. i believe you guys can guess the team i'm talking about.

Anyway, Chelsea is a great team, they can win it. No offence to arsenal fans but i hope arsenal loses.

Then, there's Liverpool, with the team's solid fighting spirit, anything can happen.

The championship is just getting exciting with the English, german, Spanish, French, & Italian clubs.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by bagoma(f): 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2005
so because woman sorry man U lose, you want arsenal too to follow,
sorry o. it doesnt look as if you'll have your dreams realised.
our form this seaon in the league is quite remarkable. who knows this might be our year.

so kechy, go cry alone. arsenal is not joining you anytime soon!
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 12:11am On Dec 14, 2005
Which form?
5 losses: Arsenal worst starts ever.
Wait till sunday when we will roast u in highbury.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by bagoma(f): 12:18am On Dec 14, 2005
ok! i know you wont miss any opportuinity to lash at us. na wa o.
I wont say anything till sunday.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by nicetohave(m): 1:18am On Dec 14, 2005
I'm sorry for Arsenal...Bagoma no offense, but that team is going down...as for chelsea, they're getting their second defeat come saturday.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 2:05am On Dec 14, 2005
Mr NiceTohave,
Its not saturday but Sunday @ 5:05pm Nigerian time.
I cant wait oooo
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by nicetohave(m): 2:18am On Dec 14, 2005
yeah 18th...thanks, thats a slip of the keyboard smiley
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by bagoma(f): 9:25am On Dec 14, 2005
cheesy cheesy
nicetohave:

yeah 18th...thanks, thats a slip of the keyboard smiley
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2005
Bagoma, Can Keyboard Slip?
I wonder o
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by bagoma(f): 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy
i no know for am o!
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by FOD(m): 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2005
nicetohave:

I'm sorry for Arsenal...Bagoma no offense, but that team is going down...as for chelsea, they're getting their second defeat come saturday sunday.

Are the two teams going down on sunday? Please make it clear. Arsenal rules

Remember, the end justifies the means.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by bagoma(f): 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2005
FOD:

Are the two teams going down on sunday? Please make it clear.
cheesy cheesy

FOD:

Arsenal rules.
yeah! yeah!! yeah!!!
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2005
Arsenal Rules Ke!
Its like DSP's family still dey think their man is the STILL the Governor
Arsenal ko, Arsenal ni.
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by nicetohave(m): 7:47pm On Dec 15, 2005
clarification.....Arsenal is already down, chelsea will only receive a defeat on sunday from a team that is down which fears no fall!!!
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by bagoma(f): 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2005
@ akolawole
ha ha ha ha ha  grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
i laugh o...

(but seriously i'm not supposed to laugh, you're yabbing my arsenal) angry
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 12:03am On Dec 16, 2005
No fall abi.
You will all be compelled to rejoice with me 18:00gmt next sunday
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by nicetohave(m): 12:06am On Dec 16, 2005
and if chelsea loses.....?
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by FOD(m): 12:21am On Dec 16, 2005
nicetohave:

and if chelsea loses.....?
...Akolawole would be compelled to rejoice with us cheesy
Re: Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? by Akolawole(m): 12:32am On Dec 16, 2005
So my team got plenty of enemy here abi!
If my team losses, i will switch off my phone, will not be in Nairaland for a  while.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Newcastle (3 - 2) On 15th May 2024 / Basel Vs Chelsea: UCL (1 - 0 ) On 26th November 2013 / Liverpool Vs Watford (2 - 0) On 2nd April 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.