Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,076 members, 7,811,018 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

African Village Woman Showed Up Almost Nak-ed At A Supermarket - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / African Village Woman Showed Up Almost Nak-ed At A Supermarket (1289 Views)

Hilda Dokubo Rescued Me When My Period Showed Up In Public - Lady / Slay Queen Went Completely Nak-ed On Instagram to Flaunt Her Body - Adult Photos / See What A Guy Did To The Nak*ed Pictures Of Kim Kardashian (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Village Woman Showed Up Almost Nak-ed At A Supermarket by Blackberrybabes: 8:25am On Sep 04, 2016
An elegant tribeswoman in traditional dress was spotted shopping at a grocery store.The woman, from the Himba tribe in Opuwo, Namibia, popped into her local grocery store to pick up a few of life's essentials.Himba tribespeople lead a very traditional lifestyle

The woman, thought to be in her early 20s, was pictured by Swedish wildlife and documentary photographer Bjorn Persson. She said

'The lady took me completely by surprise, as I was just doing my grocery shopping in a local supermarket while filming a documentary about the Himba tribe.'She did not notice me at first, but after a while she realised what I was doing.

The Himba women always dress like that, no matter if they are at home in their village or visiting the big, modern cities.'It's for their own beauty and tradition. They don't just dress up for tourists as some other tribes do.
'The hair and whole body is covered with a certain kind of mud to protect them from the sun, and the clothes are mostly made of goat skin.
'She was just buying flour, sugar and washing powder.'But I felt fascinated, confused, happy and sad all at the same time.

'The photos are a stark representation of the old world and traditions clashing with the new.

Despite the striking contrast the images give, local shoppers did not pay any special attention to the Himba woman.

For the other villagers, the tribeswomen's appearance at the store is not unusual.

Bjorn said: 'They are used to it in that village, and so people did not stare.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/09/african-village-woman-showed-up-almost.html

lalasticlala

Re: African Village Woman Showed Up Almost Nak-ed At A Supermarket by Blackberrybabes: 8:26am On Sep 04, 2016
This is what i call true beauty..lolzzzz
more photos of the lady from the rear on
http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/09/african-village-woman-showed-up-almost.html
Re: African Village Woman Showed Up Almost Nak-ed At A Supermarket by adeakeem(m): 8:27am On Sep 04, 2016
no good news from Namibia
Re: African Village Woman Showed Up Almost Nak-ed At A Supermarket by youngberry001(m): 8:31am On Sep 04, 2016
Old w.h.o.r.e undecided
Re: African Village Woman Showed Up Almost Nak-ed At A Supermarket by sleemoon(m): 8:33am On Sep 04, 2016
Jesu...no be free to air boobi I dey view so.... Una mehn na to collect transfer go namibia straight...
Re: African Village Woman Showed Up Almost Nak-ed At A Supermarket by divinehand2003(m): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2016
Traditional attires that never die
Re: African Village Woman Showed Up Almost Nak-ed At A Supermarket by decatalyst(m): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2016
The air from Kenya has finally reached Namibia grin grin
Re: African Village Woman Showed Up Almost Nak-ed At A Supermarket by johnpaulo(m): 8:47am On Sep 04, 2016
Only in Namibia and south Africa
Re: African Village Woman Showed Up Almost Nak-ed At A Supermarket by Angelo45(m): 8:53am On Sep 04, 2016
Choi grin grin

(1) (Reply)

5 Signs You Are Not In Love With Your Partner / Gov. Abdulaziz Yari Of Zamfara State Fight Buhari Over Zahra: / Ladies, 4 Ways To Treat Your Partner Specially This Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.