Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife (3150 Views)

My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage / For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 / 17-year-old Girl Stripped Unclad By Wife Of Her Married Lover In Zimbabwe (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by marvelck: 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
We do have some ladies going through such an experience. But at times its not due to their fault but due to their tradition especially if they are from the Igbo tribe. Cos usually in igbo land, unmarried girls are not allowed nor expected to rent an apartment and be living alone. It doesn't speak well of the girl, and their tradition frowns at such lifestyle. Thats why most times, you see a grown girl still living with her parents or brothers in the city if she is not yet married. To them, its better than going to live alone and be doing all kinds of rubbish with guys cos of the freedom she enjoys. They prefer a girl stays with her parents or older siblings until she gets married. Even in some areas like the south west, most landlords hardly rent out their house to single girls cos of this same reason. But nowadays, most single girls no longer care, as many now prefer to rent an apartment and live alone whether her family or the society likes it or not. But traditionally, is it right?
Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by DONCHRIS9: 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
marraige na luck
Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by villareal15(m): 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sorry Op

The change is real cry
Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2016
Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by Elegantdiva: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
Not when you have a very good job.. In Igbo land guys frown at it but not when you av a decent source of income . But Why would a reasonable single girl rent an apartment with no job nor business ? And you hope to marry.
Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by Richiy(f): 4:18pm On Sep 04, 2016
Nothing will happen if a girl decides to move out of her parents house, which is quite normal in civilized parts of the world.

Your parents might grumble, but you need to show them you can take care of yourself, and you should make sure you can.

As for me, I am already planning my move out after this NYSC because my parents house is so not my house. undecided

And because freedom is so so sweet grin
Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by ednut1(m): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
Dumbest shit posted on NL. Person go just siddon dey reason like frog. Lemme use my office for example. Some babes moved from abj, ph and oda places to lag to take d job in VI. So they should not rent thier own houses till thier relatives use style chase dem abi. Chai

4 Likes

Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by firstking01(m): 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
The only op that doesn't comment on his thread.
Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2016
marvelck:
We do have some ladies going through such an experience. But at times its not due to their fault but due to their tradition especially if they are from the Igbo tribe. Cos usually in igbo land, unmarried girls are not allowed nor expected to rent an apartment and be living alone. It doesn't speak well of the girl, and their tradition frowns at such lifestyle. Thats why most times, you see a grown girl still living with her parents or brothers in the city if she is not yet married. To them, its better than going to live alone and be doing all kinds of rubbish with guys cos of the freedom she enjoys. They prefer a girl stays with her parents or older siblings until she gets married. Even in some areas like the south west, most landlords hardly rent out their house to single girls cos of this same reason. But nowadays, most single girls no longer care, as many now prefer to rent an apartment and live alone whether her family or the society likes it or not. But traditionally, is it right?

hahahahahaha, against which tradition?, i have 3 single igbo girls renting apartments close to my house, 2 of them bring men to spend d nyt at times, what is wrong wit single igbo ladies and renting apartments alone?, its becoming alarming.

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by ediama(m): 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
What an elder sees sitting down, the younger generation can not see even from a height.
Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by fox26: 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
she must be free to live alone .
Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by Gerrard59(m): 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2016
Another weird thinking of my country people. Majority of Nigerians need to go for reformation.
Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by olasubomi007(m): 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
Lol..

I have a first hand experience of this.. In our house there are like 3 other flats sha 2 room self contain.. Room and parlour and one room self contain.. So we had like female tenants in the room/parlour nd the one room self contain.. When they left.. Mum swore never to give the flat out to a single again.. You need to see the influx of men in the house.. Oh boy! I enjoy pass for dat period.. When d men comes like dat.. I'll just position myself somewhere in the compound that when they are going.. They will surely meet me.. Them dey drop cash well well.. D tenant must be a couple with kids sef.... The one room self contain had to be converted to a store sha..when no family was forthcoming.. And that's how mum stopped my enjoyment sha.. Lol
Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by gemale(m): 8:18am On Sep 05, 2016
Make tradition go die enta mortuary. Ds na jet age. because of 1 yeye tradition wey neva put food on top man table. Abegi! If d woman fit afford 2 get her own place, y she still dey stay her parents' house. E go get 2 D tym wey shame go start dey catch person (male/female) 2 dey stay Im papa or mama house.

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by gemale(m): 8:31am On Sep 05, 2016
ediama:
What an elder sees sitting down, the younger generation can not see even from a height.
Rubbish!!! Age & wisdom r 2 different things. If nt, na Methuselah 4 don b d wisest man nt Solomon. It's an excuse dt elders use 2 rationalize every decision dey make on behalf of D younger 1s even if goes against d dictates of reason. Ds thing dey claim 2 always c, y is it dey neva xplain it 2 d young person? Is it dt words aren't sufficient 2 xprs wt dey c?

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by newsphase(m): 11:03am On Sep 05, 2016
Please be very careful, the Igbos allow their ladies to leave alone.. no matter how old and unmarried they are...

It may be an exception to those that are living in the village..

and also ladies count from today 5th September, 2016... Marriages will lose value, second marriages will begin to get popular and so on...

Its simple Western culture is coming to us and we are embracing it..

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
Re: When A Girl Is 30, And Living With Her Married Brother & His Wife by ediama(m): 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
gemale:

Rubbish!!! Age & wisdom r 2 different things. If nt, na Methuselah 4 don b d wisest man nt Solomon. It's an excuse dt elders use 2 rationalize every decision dey make on behalf of D younger 1s even if goes against d dictates of reason. Ds thing dey claim 2 always c, y is it dey neva xplain it 2 d young person? Is it dt words aren't sufficient 2 xprs wt dey c?

From your first word, it proof that the statement is true. I smell anger. Dont attack ágain....i thought you wanted to know why the aboved quote is oftén used.

(1) (Reply)

My Piece Of Advice To Ireneony / Is This Pretty Girl In Her Right Senses? / Pls Help I Caught My Husband Having Sex With A Lady On Our Matrimonial Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.