Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages (6551 Views)

''90% Of Southern Nigerian Women Are Prostitutes, Runs Girls" - Northern Man / Kemi Olunloyo Shares Photo Of Lesbian Daughter Of A Northern Legislator / The Beauty Of Nigerian Women From Jos-plateau And Southern Kaduna (middlebelt). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
This is Agwumage Emmanuella and Bernard Momoh
Kogi bride and Edo groom......so beautiful

Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
Nigerian gospel artiste Solomon Lange is from Kaduna state, his lovely wife Flora is igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by MrEFCCng: 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

U this guy, you have followed me here with your trolling again, can't u leave my threads for once? Trolling is not the best way to show interest in a lady...ask your sistaz.. tongue

Here is Bello Lafiagi, Nupe by tribe and his wife Mosun, she is yoruba. Such an adorable couple.
Its about to go down, you insulted guys
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by IamLEGEND1: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2016
genieluv:

IamLeger or whatever you call yourself, can't u be civilised for once? This was exactly how you trolled on OP's thread on the beauty of Jos girls and now u are here.
Former Senator of Kogi state, Hassan Kadiri is married to an Igbo woman. Can u dispute that?
who said marriages between members of different tribes don't happen? i know of more than a few inter-ethnic marital unions myself.....so what are you saying?
i'm all in support of her effort to showcase Nigeria's unity in cultural diversity.
what i don't get is the false notions & stereotypic n0nsense she keeps throwing around.
if she wants to do something,she might as well try to do it right.
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by malton: 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2016
A man with money is a man of many tribes and faces.

A lot of it is down to perspective. Some parents are averse to their children marrying someone from a different tribe, yet will pray and fast that a foreigner locates the very same girl.

This shouldn't even be an issue to begin with. But no, a lot of parents play the tribal card robbing it off of their children in order to ensure the continuity of their destructive tendencies.

I met a girl here in the east months back. She's based in Abuja, very nice and so well mannered. We got talking, one gist led to the other, I asked her, "how did you find yourself here in unizik considering the many schools up North?" "didn't they take you?". And she told me that prior to enrolling in unizik, she was a student of uni Abuja. I noticed that she held a deep breath before letting that out. So I probed further. She ended up opening up. Told me her parents changed her school because they didn't approve of her mixing up with Northerners, and as a majority of her male friends from school were from the north, they feared she might end up marrying a northerner. My eyes almost got teary. In my heart, I was like, not again!

Thing is, a lot of parents let their beef from before rob off on us. We must learn to free our minds from hate. I shouldn't have to hate an innocent kid over my father's dislike for his mom. That's their beef, I ain't got nothing to do with that. You may pass on someone who could have changed your life one way or the other, over what? Nada. Just sheer hatred.

Politicians especially have really messed with our heads.
Yet, their kids mingle the most with folks from the other side. Those people want their wards to have everything they try to deny of us of. That seed of discord is relative.

However, intertribal marriages have been on a steady increase lately. Two of my uncles are happily married to Igbo women. Tribe, religion and race are the "mainest" bane of human development.

If no be say money yab man, as I dey leave this town next month, na to marry Ifeoma for sure pass. Very lovely people!

2 Likes

Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
Elder statesman, Jerry Gana from Niger state, his son is married to this beautiful lady from Cross River state

1 Like

Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by genieluv(f): 5:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
who said marriages between members of different tribes don't happen? i know of more than a few inter-ethnic marital unions myself.....so what are you saying?
i'm all in support of her effort to showcase Nigeria's unity in cultural diversity.
what i don't get is the false notions & stereotypic n0nsense she keeps throwing around.
if she wants to do something,she might as well try to do it right.

I have been an ardent follower of OP's thread and for me i'd say all her threads have been very good and perfect.
Besides, if someone is making a mistake, is trolling the best way to make the person realize her mistake?
Pls act like the educated person that you are!
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 5:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
genieluv:

IamLeger or whatever you call yourself, can't u be civilised for once? This was exactly how you trolled on OP's thread on the beauty of Jos girls and now u are here.
Former Senator of Kogi state, Hassan Kadiri is married to an Igbo woman. Can u dispute that?

This is also a friend of mine, she is from Benue and married to an Akwa Ibom man

My dear, don't mind that guy, some people just have no direction and purpose in whatever they do, what a jobless dude.
And i wish your friend a happy married life, they look good together.
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by genieluv(f): 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

My dear, don't mind that guy, some people just have no direction and purpose in whatever they do, what a jobless dude.
And i wish your friend a happy married life, they look good together.

Thank you, i really commend your efforts OP, continue, you have many fans here.

Here is a former coursemate of mine, she is Igala from Kogi and she found love in Rivers state. It was really funny seeing her in Rivers traditional attire grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
The mods should help us push this thread to frontpage
Rocktation, farano, lalasticlala. Let us promoto regional integration is Nigeria through inter marriage.
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by IamLEGEND1: 6:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

I wouldn't stoop so low as to insult you.....you didn't even have the decency to insult me to my face.#SMH
accept constructive criticisms and make appropriate adjustments.
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by IamLEGEND1: 6:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
genieluv:

I have been an ardent follower of OP's thread and for me i'd say all her threads have been very good and perfect.
Besides, if someone is making a mistake, is trolling the best way to make the person realize her mistake?
Pls act like the educated person that you are!
Tell me again how what I'm saying is now considered trolling.
All I said was she should rummage for photos of average couples instead of senators,oil magnates, governors,governors' sons,models,artists et al.

act like the educated person I am?
You don't know me,so don't try patronising me.
i will act like a savage if I so desire, I'm not here to pamper anyone.
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by queencalipso(f): 6:28pm On Sep 06, 2016
Op, I will agree with your notion only if you can provide a pic of a core northern Muslim girl not north centrals o!! That got married to a Christian southerner or easterner. All you have showed is our longer throat southern and eastern girls who got married to money.

And before you dispute me, know that am Igbo, born and raised in the north and currently still here. And I make bold to say that no core northern Muslim girl will dare to marry a Christian southerner or easterner without having her head on the platter, unless she can convert him or run away with him. In the absence of these, she can never get the blessing of her people. They will rather have her head. So for those of us who are raised in core north, your notion is false.

1 Like

Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by kaziblake(f): 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
queencalipso:
Op, I will agree with your notion only if you can provide a pic of a core northern Muslim girl not north centrals o!! That got married to a Christian southerner or easterner. All you have showed is our longer throat southern and eastern girls who got married to money.

And before you dispute me, know that am Igbo, born and raised in the north and currently still here. And I make bold to say that no core northern Muslim girl will dare to marry a Christian southerner or easterner without having her head on the platter, unless she can convert him or run away with him. In the absence of these, she can never get the blessing of her people. They will rather have her head. So for those of us who are raised in core north, your notion is false.
So true
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 7:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
queencalipso:

You are quite correct. Marriage between Core northern muslim girls and Southern men is very very rare, but i have seen a case where it happened.
It happened where i lived, the girl had a hausa father and she was a muslim while her mother was from kogi state and and from a religiously mixed family and they were living in Kogi. The girl came to Jos to stay with her mother's sister who is a christian and that was how she was influenced and ended up marrying a Deltan who she met in Jos and she is a christian today. Her mother approved the marriage with much persuasion probably because she is from a mixed family but the father never approved it but managed to give his blessings.

Do u also know of Ike Omar Nwachukwu? An igbo elder statesman, his mother is a fulani muslim woman from a royal family in Katsina state, and his mother's parents did not kill his mother when she married a christian.
What about Gov Rochas Okorocha? His mother is from Plateau state and she was a muslim, though i can't confirm her tribe but she is so likely to be hausa or plateau indigene muslim

Hausa-fulanis are extremely strict with religion and we know that, even their sons will find it very difficult to bring in southern or christian women home for marriage. Hausas are also very conservative in nature and the average southern guy will find it very difficult to approach a hausa girl for marriage unlike North-central and yoruba muslims who are not very conservative, hence intermarriage between Northcentral muslim ladies and christian men is very common.

However, when it comes to dating and relationships, hausa-fulani girls do date Christian men especially if the guy can speak hausa well, my brother and some of my male friends have dated some. Ask youth corpers who came from the south to serve in the core- north, they will tell you about hausa girls.
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by waternogetenemy: 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:
Another everyday marriage for those asking, This lady is a friend of mine and she is from my state Plateau while her husband is Igbo. ....She is now Mrs Nandi Obinna Ezesom and they are both Chelsea fans... smiley

This is not common at all.

In fact the marriage seems to be between South and North Central tribes that are closer to the South. Idoma, Igala, Nupe(Niger State), Tiv, Taraba, Southern Kaduna and Plateau.

Regardless, they are very few.
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2016
waternogetenemy:

This is not common at all.

In fact the marriage seems to be between South and North Central tribes that are closer to the South. Idoma, Igala, Nupe(Niger State), Tiv, Taraba, Southern Kaduna and Plateau.

Regardless, they are very few.

No o, it is not as few as you think o. So many girls from my place Jos and Kaduna do get married to Igbos, yorubas and SouthSouth and even our guys too and this is because so many Southernerns reside here. Not to talk of Igala and Idoma people who are very close to igbos and marry igbos a lot. An igala friend of mine, 3 of her sisters married igbos and a Deltan.

See this lady, a Tv host from Kaduna state Rachael Kuzayet, she was married to a Deltan before, they broke up and she is now together with John Fashanu, a yoruba man

Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
malton:
A man with money is a man of many tribes and faces.

A lot of it is down to perspective. Some parents are averse to their children marrying someone from a different tribe, yet will pray and fast that a foreigner locates the very same girl.

This shouldn't even be an issue to begin with. But no, a lot of parents play the tribal card robbing it off of their children in order to ensure the continuity of their destructive tendencies.

I met a girl here in the east months back. She's based in Abuja, very nice and so well mannered. We got talking, one gist led to the other, I asked her, "how did you find yourself here in unizik considering the many schools up North?" "didn't they take you?". And she told me that prior to enrolling in unizik, she was a student of uni Abuja. I noticed that she held a deep breath before letting that out. So I probed further. She ended up opening up. Told me her parents changed her school because they didn't approve of her mixing up with Northerners, and as a majority of her male friends from school were from the north, they feared she might end up marrying a northerner. My eyes almost got teary. In my heart, I was like, not again!

Thing is, a lot of parents let their beef from before rob off on us. We must learn to free our minds from hate. I shouldn't have to hate an innocent kid over my father's dislike for his mom. That's their beef, I ain't got nothing to do with that. You may pass on someone who could have changed your life one way or the other, over what? Nada. Just sheer hatred.

Politicians especially have really messed with our heads.
Yet, their kids mingle the most with folks from the other side. Those people want their wards to have everything they try to deny of us of. That seed of discord is relative.

However, intertribal marriages have been on a steady increase lately. Two of my uncles are happily married to Igbo women. Tribe, religion and race are the "mainest" bane of human development.

If no be say money yab man, as I dey leave this town next month, na to marry Ifeoma for sure pass. Very lovely people!

Wow, this post is so touching...nothing but the truth....am shedding tears already cry cry
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by queencalipso(f): 7:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

You are quite correct. Marriage between Core northern muslim girls and Southern men is very very rare, but i have seen a case where it happened.
It happened where i lived, the girl had a hausa father and she was a muslim while her mother was from kogi state and and from a religiously mixed family and they were living in Kogi. The girl came to Jos to stay with her mother's sister who is a christian and that was how she was influenced and ended up marrying a Deltan who she met in Jos and she is a christian today. Her mother approved the marriage with much persuasion probably because she is from a mixed family but the father never approved it but managed to give his blessings.

Do u also know of Ike Omar Nwachukwu? An igbo elder statesman, his mother is a fulani muslim woman from a royal family in Katsina state, and his mother's parents did not kill his mother when she married a christian.
What about Gov Rochas Okorocha? His mother is from Plateau state and she was a muslim, though i can't confirm her tribe but she is so likely to be hausa or plateau indigene muslim

Hausa-fulanis are extremely strict with religion and we know that, even their sons will find it very difficult to bring in southern or christian women home for marriage. Hausas are also very conservative in nature and the average southern guy will find it very difficult to approach a hausa girl for marriage unlike North-central and yoruba muslims who are not very conservative, hence intermarriage between Northcentral muslim ladies and christian men is very common.

However, when it comes to dating and relationships, hausa-fulani girls do date Christian men especially if the guy can speak hausa well, my brother and some of my male friends have dated some. Ask youth corpers who came from the south to serve in the core- north, they will tell you about hausa girls.

The example you gave with your friend does not hold water because she from a religiously mixed family and a product of inter tribal marriage. North central and core north. Am talking of a core northern Muslim girl with no mixed blood where both parents have same opinion.

Where is the mother of Rochas okorocha and was she officially married to his father?

As for Omar, I don't think the marriage came easy if indeed there was a marriage. Perhaps we need to read more about it.

As per your last paragraph, your thread isn't talking about dating but marriage. I don't need to ask anyone about the dating aspect cz I live in their midst and I can see things for my self. Lots of our girls date them too but only few go as far as marrying them.
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
queencalipso:

The example you gave with your friend does not hold water because she from a religiously mixed family and a product of inter tribal marriage. North central and core north. Am talking of a core northern Muslim girl with no mixed blood where both parents have same opinion.

Where is the mother of Rochas okorocha and was she officially married to his father?

As for Omar, I don't think the marriage came easy if indeed there was a marriage. Perhaps we need to read more about it.

As per your last paragraph, your thread isn't talking about dating but marriage. I don't need to ask anyone about the dating aspect cz I live in their midst and I can see things for my self. Lots of our girls date them too but only few go as far as marrying them.

Yes indeed. The cultural gap between the Christian South and the Core north is very very wide and the religious difference is even very wider. But for we North centrals, the gap between us and both the core north is quite narrow. Hope u know that the former governor of Taraba state Danbaba Suntai is a christian while his legally married wife is a shuwa arab muslim from Borno state? Their daughter is a christian and some time ago she married a hausa muslim man. This is very common in some parts of the north east like Taraba, Adamawa, Gombe, Borno because most of the hausa-fulanis and kanuris there have mixed with minority tribes who have large christian populations.

Core northernerns and Southernerns (especially Igbos & SS) are the main issue and wall against complete cultural integration of Nigeria.
The average igbo mother will tell her son god forbid to bring a hausa muslim as a wife. I have even seen cases whereby northcentral women who married Igbo men were seen as hausa women by their mother-in-laws and thereby maltreated. I think the blame is on both sides.

Igbos and hausas should learn from we middlebelters and yorubas. We promote intertribal, inter religious and inter regional marriages more than anyone else.
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by Fidelismaria: 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
Forkin Northerners My Dog No Fit Marry Dem
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by jamislaw(m): 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2016
Fidelismaria:
who will give his daughter to a dog eater dirty p**g asshole like you. our girls are pure and clean than the pit holes muder fucker you have over there.

1 Like

Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by Fidelismaria: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
jamislaw:
who will give his daughter to a dog eater dirty p**g asshole like you. our girls are pure and clean than the pit holes muder fucker you have over there.
Hahahaha Did I Touch A Nerve?
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by loshybab(m): 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
queencalipso:

Inter-religious marriages is only seldomly found in d south and sme middlebelts but rarely found in d core north coz for them,religion comes bfor culture in most aspects of their lives
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by loshybab(m): 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

Yes indeed. The cultural gap between the Christian South and the Core north is very very wide and the religious difference is even very wider. But for we North centrals, the gap between us and both the core north is quite narrow. Hope u know that the former governor of Taraba state Danbaba Suntai is a christian while his legally married wife is a shuwa arab muslim from Borno state? Their daughter is a christian and some time ago she married a hausa muslim man. This is very common in some parts of the north east like Taraba, Adamawa, Gombe, Borno because most of the hausa-fulanis and kanuris there have mixed with minority tribes who have large christian populations.

Core northernerns and Southernerns (especially Igbos & SS) are the main issue and wall against complete cultural integration of Nigeria.
The average igbo mother will tell her son god forbid to bring a hausa muslim as a wife. I have even seen cases whereby northcentral women who married Igbo men were seen as hausa women by their mother-in-laws and thereby maltreated. I think the blame is on both sides.

Igbos and hausas should learn from we middlebelters and yorubas. We promote intertribal, inter religious and inter regional marriages more than anyone else.
@ur last paragraph!
Nah nah nah!
I,for one cannot support nd wl neva hv a part in inter-religious marriages! It only breeds confused children whom might nt get d doctrines of any religion nd later end up bcoming religion nuisances
Call a spade what it is, christianity is DIFFERENT fron islam! But I so mch adore the d intertribal thingy!
If only I can end up marrying one of those Aishas,Maryams.Umyrahs from d core north;Dhow sweet would that be?

1 Like

Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
Fidelismaria:

jamislaw:

The both of you should be ashamed of yourselves.
This is why some Nigerians feel that this country can never be united as one and hence should be divided.
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
loshybab:

@ur last paragraph!
Nah nah nah!
I,for one cannot support nd wl neva hv a part in inter-religious marriages! It only breeds confused children whom might nt get d doctrines of any religion nd later end up bcoming religion nuisances
Call a spade what it is, christianity is DIFFERENT fron islam! But I so mch adore the d intertribal thingy!
If only I can end up marrying one of those Aishas,Maryams.Umyrahs from d core north;Dhow sweet would that be?

By your comment, i guess you should be a yoruba muslim or something close. Interreligious marriages are quite common in your part of the country.

If you say that interreligious marriages bring about religiously confused children, why do u feel that intertribal marriage will not bring about tribally confused children?
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by telemapreye1(f): 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

Where are you from?
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by Fidelismaria: 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

The both of you should be ashamed of yourselves.
This is why some Nigerians feel that this country can never be united as one and hence should be divided.
ashamed y would i b ashamed for airing my opinion
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by loshybab(m): 9:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

By your comment, i guess you should be a yoruba muslim or something close. Interreligious marriages are quite common in your part of the country.

If you say that interreligious marriages bring about religiously confused children, why do u feel that intertribal marriage will not bring about tribally confused children?
What's that close thing to being a yoruba muslim pls? I'm curious to know.

Meanwhile,interreligious marriage in the south is chiefly practiced by half-baked faithfuls of both religions or products of confused interreligious marriages or family background,which I earlier said.
On the other point,it's easier said and done to blend different racial/cultural background together than that of religion. This is because d differences between mst cultures/tribes dt intermarry can be easily overlooked over time but not religious differences.
I repeat,there are striking differences between xtianity and islam and those diffs are best respected than merged for peaceful co-existence.
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by shukudi(m): 12:22am On Sep 23, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:
Anyone with more examples and pictures of Inter regional marriages should feel free to join the thread and contribute.....let us promote national integration
atiku nd titi(ogun) abubakar. IBB nd mariam(delta). Gabriel nd yemisi(oyo) suswan. Ebonyi state police commissioner. Nyako nd his 1st wife(enugu). Muritala muhamed nd ajoke(ogun). Amodu ali nd his igbo wife. Isha Yuguda nd 1st wife(yoruba).

1 Like

Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by shukudi(m): 4:52am On Sep 23, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:
Here is Nigerian singer Bez (Emmanuel Bezhinwa), he is from Nasarawa state and he is happily married to Bolatito Ladoja (daughter of former governor of Oyo state Rasheed Ladoja) and she is from a muslim home while he is a christian.
bola's mum is a christian. She attends Winners.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Tries To Drag Girlfriend Home After Seeing Her With Another Guy. Photos / Arousal During Rape / Caption This Pic Of A Man Holding His Woman And Laughing Uncontrollably

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.