Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages (6550 Views)

''90% Of Southern Nigerian Women Are Prostitutes, Runs Girls" - Northern Man / Kemi Olunloyo Shares Photo Of Lesbian Daughter Of A Northern Legislator / The Beauty Of Nigerian Women From Jos-plateau And Southern Kaduna (middlebelt). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2016
telemapreye1:
Where are you from?
Jos
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
loshybab:

What's that close thing to being a yoruba muslim pls? I'm curious to know.

Meanwhile,interreligious marriage in the south is chiefly practiced by half-baked faithfuls of both religions or products of confused interreligious marriages or family background,which I earlier said.
On the other point,it's easier said and done to blend different racial/cultural background together than that of religion. This is because d differences between mst cultures/tribes dt intermarry can be easily overlooked over time but not religious differences.
I repeat,there are striking differences between xtianity and islam and those diffs are best respected than merged for peaceful co-existence.

Edo muslims and Middlebelt muslims (igala, ibira, Nupe, Alago e.t.c) are close.

You have a point. Religious differences seem to be more conspicuous in this generation but this is only mostly among the younger people and urban dwellers, but among the elderly/ middle aged people and rural people, many still prefer a traditional union over a religious union

There is no way you can tell me that a typical native yoruba woman from one Ibadan village will prefer to marry one typical hausa mallam from Zamfara state over her fellow typical yoruba christian just because she is a muslim.....no no. Culture means more to some ppl.
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
shukudi:
atiku nd titi(ogun) abubakar. IBB nd mariam(delta). Gabriel nd yemisi(oyo) suswan. Ebonyi state police commissioner. Nyako nd his 1st wife(enugu). Muritala muhamed nd ajoke(ogun). Amodu ali nd his igbo wife. Isha Yuguda nd 1st wife(yoruba).

Hmm, this is serious. I did not get the part of the Ebonyi state police commissioner. Which Amodu Ali are u talking of? Are you for real that Nyako's first wife is an igbo woman? Full one or half? Did she convert to islam or maintained christianity? Just curious.

shukudi:
bola's mum is a christian. She attends Winners.

Yeah, i can see that Bola definitely followed her mother's religion over her fathers. It really seems like in most cases the children end up following their mother's religion if both parents are from different religions. Haven't you noticed that?
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by shukudi(m): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
nairaland.com
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by shukudi(m): 7:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
shukudi:
nairaland.com
oga seun! Wetin now? I replied a post nd after submitting all I saw was nairaland.com . Se e tin yi kadara pada nibi ni? Abegi, #BringBackMyPost!#
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by loshybab(m): 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

Edo muslims and Middlebelt muslims (igala, ibira, Nupe, Alago e.t.c) are close.

You have a point. Religious differences seem to be more conspicuous in this generation but this is only mostly among the younger people and urban dwellers, but among the elderly/ middle aged people and rural people, many still prefer a traditional union over a religious union

There is no way you can tell me that a typical native yoruba woman from one Ibadan village will prefer to marry one typical hausa mallam from Zamfara state over her fellow typical yoruba christian just because she is a muslim.....no no. Culture means more to some ppl.
Ebira.....and who ar the alagos?

That's xtreme,we aint talking about typical villager/ elite here coz a villager from d state/town u gave above rely on the hearsays of the opposite tribe nd not frm d xperience he had while living or mingling wt dem.that's y I rarely xchange words wt some1 I knw lived among his tribesmen alone or among a very few of other tribes who became settlers.

You cnt blame young people/urban dwellers wen dey consider religion ova culture coz we ar increasingly becomin more sensitive to religious issues coz of what history hs tot us....will u blame them? I don't think so!
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by SpicyJosBabe(f): 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
loshybab:

Ebira.....and who ar the alagos?

That's xtreme,we aint talking about typical villager/ elite here coz a villager from d state/town u gave above rely on the hearsays of the opposite tribe nd not frm d xperience he had while living or mingling wt dem.that's y I rarely xchange words wt some1 I knw lived among his tribesmen alone or among a very few of other tribes who became settlers.

You cnt blame young people/urban dwellers wen dey consider religion ova culture coz we ar increasingly becomin more sensitive to religious issues coz of what history hs tot us....will u blame them? I don't think so!

Are u ebira?
Alagos are the largest or 2nd largest tribe of Nasarawa state.

What do u think history has thought us that will make us to lean towards religion than culture more?
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by loshybab(m): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

Are u ebira?

What do u think history has thought us that will make us to lean towards religion than culture more?
Alright....thanks
Re: Southern/Northern Nigerian intermarriages by loshybab(m): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

Are u ebira?

Alright....noted!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Wat Russian Dating Group Posted About Nigerians & Africans Joining Them(pics / Man Tries To Drag Girlfriend Home After Seeing Her With Another Guy. Photos / MEN!! Never Forget That Women Will Only DECREASE IN VALUE Overtime!! (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.