Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,660 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? (782 Views)

Everyone Has An Everlasting Home After Death, It's Either Heaven Or Hell / The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) / What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Dejiih001(m): 10:15pm On Sep 06, 2016
Wait a minute! What if it's not actually true that there is life after death? What if death is actually the beginning of eternal silence? What if there's no judgement after death? What would be the loss of the godly who had lived all his live in the consciousness of eternity? Well, nothing much, I think. He won't even get a chance to regret his 'foolish' choice, and the godless too will never have a chance to taunt and mock him for his 'naivety'; we would all be 'resting in peace'!
But what if there is life after death? What if after death comes judgement as the scriptures say? Ah, Godless man, how colossal would be your loss! Living your life like there's no God is not an indication of courage or superior thinking but of folly and crooked sense of judgement. I plead with you, listen to the voice of Wisdom, quit being simple, repent, and beleive the gospel. PREPARE TO MEET YOUR GOD

CC: Seun Lalasticlala temitemi1 chukwudi4 4ijebabe, MissyB3, myndy44
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
God is real and after death, there is eternal life either in peace(heaven) or torment (hell)..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Dejiih001(m): 10:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
Jacksonville:
God is real and after death, there is eternal life either in peace(heaven) or torment (hell)..
Yeah
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2016
Dejiih001:
Wait a minute! What if it's not actually true that there is life after death? What if death is actually the beginning of eternal silence? What if there's no judgement after death? What would be the loss of the godly who had lived all his live in the consciousness of eternity? Well, nothing much, I think. He won't even get a chance to regret his 'foolish' choice, and the godless too will never have a chance to taunt and mock him for his 'naivety'; we would all be 'resting in peace'!
But what if there is life after death? What if after death comes judgement as the scriptures say? Ah, Godless man, how colossal would be your loss! Living your life like there's no God is not an indication of courage or superior thinking but of folly and crooked sense of judgement. I plead with you, listen to the voice of Wisdom, quit being simple, repent, and beleive the gospel. PREPARE TO MEET YOUR GOD

Yeah nice point, but here is a counter, there are over 5000 Gods being worshipped on earth today so the chances of your God being the real God is 1/5000, those doesn't sound like favourable odds to me, besides given most of the criteria for hell, most of the human population would end up there. Also what about the large Swathes of humanity that was never exposed to the Hebrew God or jesus before their deaths. Where will they go.
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2016
Dejiih001:

Yeah nice point, but here is a counter, there are over 5000 Gods being worshipped on earth today so the chances of your God being the real God is 1/5000, those doesn't sound like favourable odds to me, besides given most of the criteria for hell, most of the human population would end up there. Also what about the large Swathes of humanity that was never exposed to the Hebrew God or jesus before their deaths. Where will they go?
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Dejiih001(m): 9:00am On Sep 07, 2016
Yeah nice point, but here is a counter, there are over 5000 Gods being worshipped on earth today so the chances of your God being the real God is 1/5000, those doesn't sound like favourable odds to me, besides given most of the criteria for hell, most of the human population would end up there. Also what about the large Swathes of humanity that was never exposed to the Hebrew God or jesus before their deaths. Where will they go.

Very thoughtful.
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Dejiih001(m): 9:31am On Sep 07, 2016
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by EyeHateGod: 9:47am On Sep 07, 2016
grin most people don't even understand what Life is..Can Energy Ever Die?
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Jozzy4: 9:48am On Sep 07, 2016
Jacksonville:

Lol, so John 3:16 is a lie . everybody will have eternal life ? Nobody will be destroyed as the verse says ?
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Jozzy4: 9:49am On Sep 07, 2016
MR NIGER D not MR NIGER D LD
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 07, 2016
Jozzy4:

Lol, so John 3:16 is a lie . everybody will have eternal life ? Nobody will be destroyed as the verse says ?

Do you have brain at all?. Your type will go to school and become half baked graduate.. with a dunce tendency...

John 3:16 says ''for GOD so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever beliveth in him will not perish but have an everlasting life(in heaven)''

If you don't believe in him then get ready to face eternal destruction(in hell) where you will perish.

It's not by force to serve my GOD.. You are free to choose. But the after life will tell when the day of judgement surfaces..
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Jozzy4: 10:26am On Sep 07, 2016
Jacksonville:

Do you have brain at all?. Your type will go to school and become half baked graduate.. with a dunce tendency...

John 3:16 says ''for GOD so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever beliveth in him will not perish but have an everlasting life(in heaven)''

If you don't believe in him then get ready to face eternal destruction (in hell) where you will perish.

It's not by force to serve my GOD.. You are free to choose. But the after life will tell when the day of judgement surfaces..

I always said it that for someone to be tormented forever such ones must have the gift of everlasting life too. And you prove that true when you said there will he eternal life in hell grin and john 3:16 evidently paint eternal life as a Reward of using faith

See him struggling to put hell in bracket with destruction grin . tell me the meaning of the bold words eternal DESTRUCTION and PERISH and lets see if it rhyme with the theology of hell !

1 Like

Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 07, 2016
Jozzy4:

I always said it that for someone to be tormented forever such ones must have the gift of everlasting life

See him struggling to put hell in bracket with destruction grin . tell me the meaning of the bold words eternal DESTRUCTION and PERISH and lets see if it rhyme with the theology of hell !

I'm not surprised you lack understanding.. Eternal means perpetual in other words EVERLASTING.

I keep reiterating this...When you live a life of torment..it's not a gift at all because you slowly die.

In Hell, there is no peace, you perish and live because it's eternity..

If it's something you want to experience , then live an unGODly for the rest of ur days on earth till the day u die. Perhaps you will remember what i told you.

Ciao!

1 Like

Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Jozzy4: 10:57am On Sep 07, 2016
Jacksonville:

I'm not surprised you lack understanding.. Eternal means perpetual in other words EVERLASTING.

I keep reiterating this...When you live a life of torment..it's not a gift at all because you slowly die.

In Hell, there is no peace, you perish and live because it's eternity..

If it's something you want to experience , then live an unGODly for the rest of ur days on earth till the day u die. Perhaps you will remember what i told you.

Ciao!

Stop spewing thrash , Romans 6:23 says EVERLASTING life is a gift . so don't tell me nonsense

LMAO @ bold , they will slowly die . I thought immortal souls don't die . grin grin

This guys are comic actors
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 07, 2016
Jozzy4:

Stop spewing thrash , Romans 6:23 says EVERLASTING life is a gift . so don't tell me nonsense

LMAO @ bold , they will slowly die . I thought immortal souls don't die . grin grin

This guys are comic actors

I'm not talking about everlasting life in heaven..i'm talking about everlasting torment in hell..

Stop saying trash.. You are plainly ignorant, it's quite crystal clear. You don't even have the understanding of the bible. How can you live a life of unGODliness and end up having everlasting life?..

Be smart and repent from your ignorace.. Dnt quote me nxt time kiddo!

1 Like

Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Jozzy4: 11:47am On Sep 07, 2016
Jacksonville:

I'm not talking about everlasting life in heaven..i'm talking about everlasting torment in hell..

Stop saying trash.. You are plainly ignorant, it's quite crystal clear. You don't even have the understanding of the bible. How can you live a life of unGODliness and end up having everlasting life?..

Be smart and repent from your ignorace.. Dnt quote me nxt time kiddo!

You are the ignorant one , didn't you say those in hell have eternal or everlasting life ?

Jacksonville

there is eternal life [size=26] either in [/size] peace(heaven) or torment (hell).

Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:57am On Sep 07, 2016
Pascal's wager doesn't work because the Christian God is far from the only God that could be worshipped. Thousands have been, all throughout humanity, both prior to and after the biblical one. And if none of them are real then yes the believer does lose something. Tons of time, life's most precious resource, sunken into pointless religious activities.
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 07, 2016
Jozzy4:

You are the ignorant one , didn't you say those in hell have eternal or everlasting life ?

And you are the most ignorant one here.. You won't quit me now, will you?..

You won't admit it.. How else would you describe a life of torment? the spirit life is everlasting wether you get me or not.

Maybe i should use 'forever' in place of ''ETERNAL'.. You are so un-intelligent that you don't even notice it... A zombie like you will be living a life of torment, sufferness and bondage and you'll still say you're living an everlasting life of gift

keep quoting me out of context... It's not ur fault.

2 Likes

Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Dejiih001(m): 12:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
Repent now before its too late.
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Jozzy4: 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
Jacksonville:

And you are the most ignorant one here.. You won't quit me now, will you?..

You won't admit it.. How else would you describe a life of torment? the spirit life is everlasting wether you get me or not.

Maybe i should use 'forever' in place of ''ETERNAL'.. You are so un-intelligent that you don't even notice it... A zombie like you will be living a life of torment, sufferness and bondage and you'll still say you're living an everlasting life of gift

keep quoting me out of context... It's not ur fault.

Your point exactly cos all I see is insult and insult as if you are a wounded lion.

Everlasting life is a gift according to the scriptures Romans 6:23 . can you explain what you mean by spirit @ bold ?
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
[s]
Jozzy4:

Your point exactly cos all I see is insult and insult as if i am wounded lion.

Everlasting life is a gift according to the scriptures . and if as you said the spirit life is everlasting , then you just prove everyone will have the gift . smh
[/s]

Whatever!.. This is the least of my worries!

Am done with you!
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by oaroloye(m): 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
SHALOM!

Dejiih001:

IT IS A FOOL WHO TRIED TO MAKE CHRISTIANITY ABOUT THE AFTERLIFE.

The things YAHSHUA did in The Gospels- were they done in the AfterLife or on the Earth?

That is what God offers.

This nonsense is called PASCAL'S WAGER.

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

Love Your God With All Your Mind: The Role of Reason in the Life of the SoulPascal was a French mathematician, physicist, inventor, writer and theologian. In mathematics, he published a treatise on the subject of projective geometry and established the foundation for probability theory. Pascal invented a mechanical calculator, and established the principles of vacuums and the pressure of air. He was raised a Roman Catholic, but in 1654 had a religious vision of God, which turned the direction of his study from science to theology. Pascal began publishing a theological work, Lettres provinciales, in 1656. His most influential theological work, the Pensées ("Thoughts"wink, was a defense of Christianity, which was published after his death. The most famous concept from Pensées was Pascal's Wager. Pascal's last words were, "May God never abandon me."

It reflects the sort of Oyinbo useless Christianity where everything supernatural has been eliminated- so that adherents can do anything the State wants- including Colonialism and Slavery.

This is not what Yahshua Taught.
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Dejiih001(m): 6:41am On Sep 08, 2016
Lennycool:

Yeah nice point, but here is a counter, there are over 5000 Gods being worshipped on earth today so the chances of your God being the real God is 1/5000, those doesn't sound like favourable odds to me, besides given most of the criteria for hell, most of the human population would end up there. Also what about the large Swathes of humanity that was never exposed to the Hebrew God or jesus before their deaths. Where will they go?

Nice to have you all here. Honestly, I don't claim to have all the answers (no one does anyway...lol) but these issues raised aren't much of a problem.
1. "the chances of your God being the real God is 1/5000...": NO, that's not true. From my basic knowledge of Mathematics, I understand that not all events are equiprobable. That's why your probability assignments would have something like " A FAIR die is rolled...", "An UNBIASED coin is tossed...", "10 IDENTICAL balls...". My point is the chance of finding the true God among the gods is not equiprobable because all the gods are not identical in magnitude and glory. The true God should be greater than all and have a way of revealing Himself universally. This is what Yahweh was up to when he told Abraham that his yet unborn children would be slaves in Egypt- the then world power and center of civilization, so that by bringing them out by His mighty power, rubbishing all the gods of Egypt, all the nations of the earth may take note that there is a God in heaven who is the God of all gods. He has revealed Himself by defending these seeds of Abraham from generation to generation. Many of the captors of Israel are no more today but the captive remains strong, though surrounded by enemies. Yahweh is not one of the local gods of my village; He is the King of all the earth. He is the true God!
Re: What If It's Not Actually True That There Is Life After Death? by Dejiih001(m): 6:42am On Sep 08, 2016
2."given most of the criteria for hell, most of the human population would end there".
Well, yeah, only 8 survived the deluge in the days of Noah, and that did not diminsh the greatness of the Most High. That's really non of my business and neither is it yours; He's the Judge. Ours is to work out the salvation of our souls. We all know not everyone will live to be 70 yet we all plan and work as if we'll be here forever. If we could do that, isn't it wise that we apply the same wisdom to matters of eternal consequence?
3."what about the Swathes of humanity that was never exposed to the Hebrew God or Jesus before their death...?" There you go! Why didn't you mention the name Buddha or any of theses local gods? A clear witness to the fact that the chance of finding the true is not 1/5000; you know Him but probably willfully refusing to acknowledge Him. By the way, are you one of those people? Who made you their advocate? How exactly is it your business? God is the Judge, He will judge in righteousness. "He has shown you, o man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to WALK HUMBLY WITH YOUR GOD".

(1) (Reply)

What Hillsong NYC Pastor Carl Lentz Told Oprah Winfrey About Justin Bieber / William Tyndale: 10 Quotes From The Martyr Burned For Translating Scripture / The Devil Cannot Read Your Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.