Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,810 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs (28022 Views)

Startup Funds For Nigerian Entrepreneurs / Five Challenges Of Nigerian Entrepreneurs / N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by odaniel1(m): 9:18am On Sep 11, 2016
GossipHeart:
What works for him will not work for you.
There is what is called destiny

I'm the laziest person on earth, but when i was a kid i knew i would be a millionaire, i use to tell my friends then that even if i sleep for 60 years straight without working that im destined to be rich, i eventually became a millionaire at the age of 22 without working for no one for a single day, that's destiny

If hard work guarantees success barrow pushers, brick layers, bus drivers would be billionaires because those guys grinds and works harder than everyone in this world

I respect your belief system and believe that you have reasons to believe so.
However, I often advise people not to believe in the concept of "destiny", "your time" and other cosmic or religious contexts as relates to a man's outcome in Life.
If you did not take the right steps to become a millionaire, you would not be one sir.
The concept of destiny to which you cling to may have come to be because someone laid the foundation for you to be on the millionaire trail or you built it yourself. Either ways it still requires "effort" to bring both contexts to fruition.
I believe that you are what you make yourself.
The concept of menial workers not succeeding as high as billionaires who may not have gone through half what they went through also belies me as I am of the opinion that if you try something that does not work long enough, you should venture into something else.
Hardwork can be smart work if you do the right thing @ the right time.

God Bless us all..

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by smileyoo: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2016
gbam. working smart guarranty, more & quicker success than working hard.
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by StephanieLuv(f): 9:22am On Sep 11, 2016
delishpot:

Hard work doesn't mean hard labour though. But yes, I agree with the destiny part too. But he shouldn't say he is lazy. He used his brain and agreed with his destiny. He also put effort. Kudos to him for that.

I never said hard work is hard labour, nope let me give you a scenario for you to understand what i mean't. A professor of economics in school always trading stocks of companies but still broke while university drop out is a billionaire. Perfect example Bill Gates and millions of professor of economics round the world. Bill figured out his destiny and knew school was not the way to it and added hard work to his purpose/destiny which gave birth to massive success.
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by delishpot: 9:26am On Sep 11, 2016
StephanieLuv:

I never said hard work is hard labour, nope let me give you a scenario for you to understand what i mean't. A professor of economics in school always trading stocks of companies but still broke while university drop out is a billionaire. Perfect example Bill Gates and millions of professor of economics round the world. Bill figured out his destiny and knew school was not the way to it and added hard work to his purpose/destiny which gave birth to massive success.

We are saying the same thing. I was only disputing your first point.
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by GossipHeart(m): 9:27am On Sep 11, 2016
jmichlins:
whoever that believes this has no single reason to have a head. You make money from working or inheritance. I guess you inherited yours

I never inherited a shoe not to talk of money or house
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Laido: 9:28am On Sep 11, 2016
GossipHeart:

I'm the laziest person on earth, but when i was a kid i knew i would be a millionaire, i use to tell my friends then that even if i sleep for 60 years straight without working that im destined to be rich, i eventually became a millionaire at the age of 22 without working for no one for a single day, that's destiny

If hard work guarantees success barrow pushers, brick layers, bus drivers would be billionaires because those guys grinds and works harder than everyone in this world

Jahbless you for this bro! Its a common sense! #Many people wey dey this country wey no even sabi much like Mark wey rich pass Mark plenty! #Make everyone just wake up! # There's always at least one thing you have that any other human does not have! #Be wise and smart and better days will come!
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by yemmit90: 9:32am On Sep 11, 2016
kenmaro:
Do not outrightly put the word "Destiny" aside. First, you need to look deeply into the word and ask yourself if it truly exist. Which i firmly believe in as well as hardwork.
But, if you say otherwise. Let's look at this case, what would you call the young leader of North Korea, did he get the position as a result of hardwork or destiny?
"God's time is the best" do not necessarily mean you don't need to apply your own humanly effort. You need to at your best then you allow God to bless your efforts through prayers and supplications.

You are very funny, so you called the emergency of Kim- Jong-un whose his father has been a rigid dictator for years a 'destiny'?

Sir, you need read more about Dictatorship/Momachical approaches.

Besides, if you actually believes in Destiny, will you say those poor people or families that have never experienced success in their history a destiny?
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Codyt(m): 9:45am On Sep 11, 2016
hopsydboi:
Are we not over this yet!
Not yet grin grin grin
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Diplomaticbeing(m): 9:47am On Sep 11, 2016
GossipHeart:

Foremost, every living human being is automatically divinely favored, so everyone is destined to be rich, but only few people can realize it. Therefore, I would say, forget talk about destiny.

You and many others failed to understand what "hard work" is. There's a difference between when a job is a hard work (hard labor) and when someone work hard in his job. E.g. of a job that is hard work is a wheel barrow pushing - someone in this job can also be a hard worker in it, however no matter how much hard work he put in, he can never become wealthy from it. But he can build wealth from it; he can do this through reinvestment of his proceeds to another line of business - a meaningful one.

Meanwhile, "hard work" is absolutely necessary, because in it lies luck, when mixed with smart work. Before I go on, you cannot plant an orange and expects to harvest an apple, no. When you work hard in a meaningful venture, you reap bountifully - this explains the reason why someone like Mark that is young and started his business in less than 12 years ago, is now more wealthier than more than 99% of the people that started business with or after him. Without hard work (when you sum up the number of hours he and his employees work in a day, then you will understand how much hard work he does) and smart work (rendering meaningful and high end services) he wouldn't be a billionaire today.

Citing your claim of been a millionaire without doing hard work, that is fine - but what you failed to tell people is that you have a valuable service(s) be it legal or illegal, that you renders to someone/the masses - so you can see that one cannot escape hard work and smart work in the journey of wealth acquisition.

The last paragraph now brings me to mastery of an act - which is the first step toward building wealth, I mean, one cannot make a sustainable money without mastering an act (you must be an expert in whatever you do) either directly on indirectly, before you can make money - big/small. There's an axiom that says one who wants to eat toad should eat a fat one, so that when called a toad eater he would boldly and cheerfully answer.

My wealth building formula is:

(1) Become an expert in something meaningful (you can't be a wheel barrow pusher and still expects to earn like the producer of the wheel barrow itself).

(2) Self-education/development and Innovation in line with your chosen area(s) of expertize and learns when to divest if it becomes necessary; just imagine a company that was into typewrite production business in the 70s, if they are still in it up to now without divesting to computer manufacturing and without knowledge that such a product line is no longer valuable to majority of the masses, obviously they would be blaming the witches from their villages for their misfortune or assumed that it's their destiny to become poor after enjoying success.

(3) Commercialization of one's services. There's a difference between when you're selling your services/product to one person (no matter the volume he buys) and when you are selling same to more than one person whom all buys in larger quantities.

Last but not the least, create your life path and encrypt it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by eyinjuege: 10:05am On Sep 11, 2016
yemmit90:

You are successful today because you are a very hard working dedicated young man.

Please remove the word " DESTINY" or whatever devine luck from your post next time. no one choose to be anything on earth(rich or poor, good or bad, etc), you are what you are. Simple as abc!

But he says he's not hardworking, but even calls himself lazy. You can't know him more than he knows himself. In as much as destiny may not have anything to do with his success, some people are just successful because they are able to recognise opportunities.
Just a single idea is able to cause a lifetime change. He may have the discernment to recognise opportunities, and to take it at the right time.
Opportunities abound, but very few recognise it before it disappears.
This has nothing to do with hardwork per say.

Some of us have to keep at it, a lot of hardwork, dedication and even when an opportunity comes up, can't even recognise it or are too afraid to take a risk.

Of course, no opportunity may even show up on time so you get people keeping at it for so long before getting a huge break at last.

It is just what it is. Some get their huge break on time, others much later, and some never.
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by socrates007: 10:09am On Sep 11, 2016
You are right in ur own wise.But there is a great difference between working hard and working smart.while working hard will satisfy ur needs working hard will guarantee ur needs
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by jmichlins(m): 10:41am On Sep 11, 2016
GossipHeart:

I never inherited a shoe not to talk of money or house
then you are yet to tell us how you made it at such a young age and your *so called lazy* attitude.
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by dasparrow: 10:50am On Sep 11, 2016
GossipHeart:

Precisely. And to add to what you said, Zuckerberg does not come from a country battling erratic power supply. Computers and electronics need electricity to function. If Zuckerberg were a Nigerian, nepotism, tribalism, red tape and other Nigerian factors would have killed the young man's dream. Zuckerberg happens to come from a functional country and that laid the foundation for him becoming this successful today.

2 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by kenoz(m): 11:06am On Sep 11, 2016
okay
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Bigajeff(m): 11:20am On Sep 11, 2016
mean while another community is growing fast here www.hiipeeps.com feel free to be part.
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by furetin20: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2016
GossipHeart:

OK a millionaire in Naira? smiley
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Nathkem01(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
GossipHeart:

Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Diplomaticbeing(m): 12:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
StephanieLuv:

I see you making references and comparison about a possible professor of economics who remains poor despite his "supposed" knowledge of finance and investment in a stock trading, and a school dropout who became wealthy either in the same stock trading or another line of business. Well, the cause of such occurrence is not really destiny, instead it's a validation of the postulation that concrete knowledge is superior to abstract knowledge. And guess what; it's easier to gain concrete education in any sphere through self and continuous education than through formal education. Been a professor of economics doesn't confer the holder mastery on act of wealth acquisition. You can be a professor of economics without having financial knowledge, but you can have financial knowledge without being a professor of economics.

"The easiest means one can gloss his ignorant in any spheres of life is to acquire a formal education in such sphere with mastery of the national lingual franca."

Another example; the reason while Mark and Bill Gate are better off in all ramifications than their contemporaries (who possibly had PhD's) in the same ICT field, is not because they're destined to be rich, no, instead they have concretes knowledge about the profession, thus their abilities to invents and innovates.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by ICAMETOWIN(m): 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
lastmessenger:
The founding fathers of America laid its foundation on the puritan ethics of honesty, responsibility, hard work and self-control. The divine is impartial. Saint or sinner, the laws of nature guarantee success to individuals who work purposefully and patiently hard to create wealth.
That's the part that drew my attention, some of our people fail to realise this simple law of nature,it doesn't matter whether you're Asian, black, Caucasian, religious, atheist, or whatever. just follow this simple laws and things will fall into place.

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by StephanieLuv(f): 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:

I see you making references and comparison about a possible professor of economics who remains poor despite his "supposed" knowledge of finance and investment in a stock trading, and a school dropout who became wealthy either in the same stock trading or another line of business. Well, the cause of such occurrence is not really destiny, instead it's a validation of the postulation that concrete knowledge is superior to abstract knowledge. And guess what; it's easier to gain concrete education in any sphere through self and continuous education than through formal education. Been a professor of economics doesn't confer the holder mastery on act of wealth acquisition. You can be a professor of economics without having financial knowledge, but you can have financial knowledge without being a professor of economics.

"The easiest means one can gloss his ignorant in any spheres of life is to acquire a formal education in such sphere with mastery of the national lingual franca."

Another example; the reason while Mark and Bill Gate are better off in all ramifications than their contemporaries (who possibly had PhD's) in the same ICT field, is not because they're destined to be rich, no, instead they have concretes knowledge about the profession, thus their abilities to invents and innovates.

First i commend you, love talking with smart dudes. Nice write up what about Torvald Linux, if you don't know about the dude let me tell you a little about him, the dude invented Linux Operating system. Dude do you know what it takes to write an operating system in C for that matter and creating an enormous operating system called Linux which others copied and made other variant of the operating system. Why is Torvald not as rich as Bill. Another case study here in US so many code a lot even better than Bill and Mark but how many have created such products like facebook and windows/its applications. Its Destiny

Oh i forgot the man that invented C language which Microsoft Windows was developed with, why is the man not as rich as Bill and Mark lol should i continue to list them lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Moneycar: 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
GossipHeart:

If you live in America, i would have shown you the secret.
You only need a laptop
If you know Walmart, for example, Walmart sells a brand new laptop for $120 but on eBay and Amazon, people sell it for $350, that's pure $230 profit

What you will do is go to Walmart website, download the picture of the laptop or any product and put it for sale on eBay, it will sell before 2 days, the buyer pays you $350, you go to Walmart website and order it for $120 and ship it to the buyer.

This is called drop shipping
I swear, last year December i made $10,000 in just a single day just sitting in my room

You ain't lazy. It's called #Softwork (working hard but hardly working). I've sent you an email. Kindly reply

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by nextstep(m): 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
Please stop attacking our ostentation. We are just human. Yes we have loud show offs, just like in the US. Abi who buys all those yachts, fancy cars and houses in the US? Is it only black people? You think luxury brands exist because of only black people? We probably account less than 1% of luxury spending world wide, meaning there are many more Americans, Brits,Middle-Eaterners and Asians spending money anyhow.

At the same time, we also have many people with quiet wealth in Nigeria, you just don't hear about them because, you know, they are also humble and hardworking.

I rather think this hero worship of one young man is misplaced.
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by nextstep(m): 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
While I agree with you in the main, there are enough examples of poor Americans, and of rich Nigerians to show that hard work, ingenuity, and perseverance can make you successful, no matter the environment.

If we always use the excuse that Nigeria is a terrible place to be, we can just easily give up and place the blame elsewhere instead of on the individual. But fortunately we have many examples of people who have made it in Nigeria, so the excuse rings hollow.

Most people just want to be handed a job after finishing college without thinking of creating jobs. We have so many foreigners in Nigeria taking advantage of opportunities while most of us complain that there are no opportunities...

dasparrow:

Precisely. And to add to what you said, Zuckerberg does not come from a country battling erratic power supply. Computers and electronics need electricity to function. If Zuckerberg were a Nigerian, nepotism, tribalism, red tape and other Nigerian factors would have killed the young man's dream. Zuckerberg happens to come from a functional country and that laid the foundation for him becoming this successful today.
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Diplomaticbeing(m): 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
StephanieLuv:

First i commend you, love talking with smart dudes. Nice write up what about Torvald Linux, if you don't know about the dude let me tell you a little about him, the dude invented Linux Operating system. Dude do you know what it takes to write an operating system in C for that matter and creating an enormous operating system called Linux which others copied and made other variant of the operating system. Why is Torvald not as rich as Bill. Another case study here in US so many code a lot even better than Bill and Mark but how many have created such products like facebook and windows/its applications. Its Destiny

Oh i forgot the man that invented C language which Microsoft Windows was developed with, why is the man not as rich as Bill and Mark lol should i continue to list them lol

You're smart no doubt about that. But believe you me when I say outside of mathematical applications 1 plus 1 doesn't equal 2.

Well, the reason why Torvald Linus and his ilks are not making money like Mark and Bill Gates is because; (1) a good product doesn't sell itself - the latter guys has better teams (managers, lobbyists, advertisers, marketers, specialist consultants etc) - remember business is all about packaging. (2) Bill and Mark knows their limits, so they had rather steal an idea of a better programmer and modify it .... boom they are up there and made. I hope you know of cases between Mark and the MySpace founder, and that of Bill vs Jobs ... these are just few examples in this regard.

The bitter truth is that many a time, people who gives their lives inventing products hardly live/have the monopoly to enjoy it. This is one of the reasons while people like Bill and Mark imitates - by the way, imitating is never a crime but faking is. Just as avoidance of tax is not a crime but evasion of tax is a crime. Also, I hope you have heard of bending the rule but not breaking it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
Excellent piece.
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by jantavanta(m): 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
[quote author=anonimi post=49257122]

Out of the many lies and distortions in your post, I decided to highlight just the ones above in order to give you a chance to redeem yourself, in case you are capable of doing so.

You have many years ahead to reeducate yourself
So-called motivational speaker who does not know his history

http://freespeakblog..com.ng/2015/02/most-us-blacks-are-native-americans.html?m=1

[img]http://3.bp..com/-lF2ht6Hqu64/VOaWUp9Z2UI/AAAAAAAAbCg/X22AYGwu1Ao/s1600/blacknativeam.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGzPfIOkaAw
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by akigbemaru: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mark z story
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by jantavanta(m): 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:

You're smart no doubt about that. But believe you me when I say outside of mathematics 1 plus 1 doesn't equal 2.

Well, the reason why Torvald Linux and his ilks are not making money like Mark and Bill Gates is because; (1) a good product doesn't sell itself - the latter guys has better teams (managers, lobbyists, advertisers, marketers, specialist consultants etc) - remember business is all about packaging. (2) Bill and Mark knows their limits, so they had rather steal an idea of a better programmer and modify it .... boom they are up there and made. I hope you know of cases between Mark and the MySpace founder, and that of Bill vs Jobs ... these are just few examples in this regard.

The bitter truth is that many a time, people who gives their lives inventing products hardly live/have the monopoly to enjoy it. This is one of the reasons while people like Bill and Mark imitates - by the way, imitating is never a crime but faking is. Just as avoidance of tax is not a crime but evasion of tax is a crime. Also, I hope you have heard of bending the rule but not breaking it.

Bill Gates was born the Son of a multi-billionaire or millionaire. Why compare him with Linus who could not source capital like Bill?
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by Diplomaticbeing(m): 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
jantavanta:

Bill Gates was born the Son of a multi-billionaire or millionaire. Why compare him with Linus who could not source capital like Bill?

The last time I checked, the children of the richest men and political juggernauts of yesteryears are not automatically the richest people or highest political office holders of today - using our own very country as a case study. In a nutshell, one's family financial background especially in a country like the US can't limits his potentials once it's well defined. Linus was neither from a poor family nor did funds hindered his aspirations. Choosing your team wisely is a virtue.

By the way, I mentioned Torvald Linus because she wanted to use him to justify her postulation that destiny plays major role in the conquest of someones like Mark and Bill Gates. I hope you'll understand where we're. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by udoh2k: 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
GossipHeart:

I totally disagree with u. Success is a combination of determination, ingenuity and hardwork etc. God did not destined any body to be poor , its a choice. You must do something to prosper. You don't sleep and idle away and become successful. Even if u inherited money that doesn't make one successfully. The top rich people in the world are known by their net worth...earnings from what they do; not what they got from govt or by inheritance.

Barrow pushers can be successful if they add some inqenuity to it. I hv heard of water hawkers who later owned water factory .Mama put Sellers have had hotel. Hardwork does not mean doing something hard but industrious.

keeping on sleeping and poverty wl come knocking.

Go to the ants and learn says the bible.
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by ponti93(m): 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
GossipHeart:

wow grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs by jantavanta(m): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:

The last time I checked, the children of the richest men and political juggernauts of yesteryears are not automatically the richest people or highest political office holders of today - using our own very country as a case study. In a nutshell, one's family financial background especially in a country like the US can't limits his potentials once it's well defined. Linus was neither from a poor family nor did funds hindered his aspirations. Choosing your team wisely is a virtue.

By the way, I mentioned Torvald Linus because she wanted to use him to justify her postulation that destiny plays major role in the conquest of someone like Mark and Bill Gates. I hope you'll understand where we're. Thanks.

Thanks. I understand. Looking back in time, did Linus Torvald's free open source vision turn out to be unwise? Was he altruistically giving out free, what others are making money out of?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? / EFCC Raids Abuja Bureaux De Change Offices / Naira Rises Against Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.