Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World (54117 Views)

Meet Amancio Ortega: The Richest Man In The World. / Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Man In The World / Jeff Bezos Overtakes Bill Gates To Become World's Richest Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by sunnyside16(m): 8:41am On Sep 10, 2016
fkpboss:

Gates has donated nearly $31 billion in stock and cash to his foundation over his lifetime. If the Microsoft cofounder were not such a prolific philanthropist, neither Ortega nor anyone else on Earth would be anywhere close to as rich as Gates.

Gates rocks and God bless him with his foundation. Ortega congrats to him though.

3 Likes

Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by Otunba10(m): 8:53am On Sep 10, 2016
U fit find me $100 make I start my own business may be in the next 15 yrs na me una go dey discuss like this
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by lawani: 8:58am On Sep 10, 2016
ensamy:
$79.5 billion Ortega. The source of thier wealth can be accounted for. Some Nigerians with ill gotten wealth have more than $79.5billion.

Such monies are in share holdings, then real estate. It can not be hidden or stashed in banks really. No Nigerian has such money. Someone like Mrs Alakija has over 100 million dollars real estate then shares.

2 Likes

Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by C4Ltd: 8:58am On Sep 10, 2016
Bill Gates is tired of the position; more philanthropy charity to avoid unnecessary tax

1 Like

Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by chukslawrence(m): 9:27am On Sep 10, 2016
fkpboss:
Source: www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2016/09/08/amancio-ortega-richest-bill-gates-world-spain-inditex-microsoft-zara/#789c1e5c264d
I think Bill Gates is still topping the list.
As of 9/10/2016 @ 4:15AM | Methodology For
Real-Time Wealth Ranking
#1 Bill Gates $75 B
#2 Amancio Ortega $67 B
#3 Warren Buffett $60.8 B
#4 Carlos Slim Helu $50 B
#5 Jeff Bezos $45.2 B
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by Shobizz(m): 9:30am On Sep 10, 2016
Baba God ooO

Pick up my call

All this people no get 2 head ooO

Working 2wards it

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by manando1(m): 9:32am On Sep 10, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

Guy this MMM na for real? Dont want a Russian gun dealing dude to run away with ny money
grin Scam bro don't try it
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 10, 2016
mrkayusfit:
While in Nigeria GEJ foolishly empowered touts and non entities like tompolo and Asari and made them billionaires without any source of income than sabotaging our collective oil wealth. They think they own the oil because it falls in their region forgetting that as long as we remain one Nigeria, we all own the oil.

Too many irresponsible billionaires in nigeria sad

You say we all own it? Lols keep deceiving yourself while they keep enjoyin their oil well.
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by manando1(m): 9:38am On Sep 10, 2016
chukslawrence:

Real-Time Wealth Ranking
#1 Bill Gates $75 B
#2 Amancio Ortega $67 B
#5 Jeff Bezos $45.2 B
#6 Manando1 $38.5 B
You've forgotten me ooo
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 10, 2016
[quote author=wildchild1 post=49227670]The competition is high, Bill will bounce back definitely [/quote

Bro the Ortega guy just keeps his money. He does not give to charity. Bill gates has given close to $31billion on charity. If to say he kept all those money nobody in the next 10 years will be richer than him. He is the only one I see giving to charity. I know others do but less people feel their impact. Bill Gates impact is felt in every country I see him go to.

1 Like

Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by iamrealdeji(m): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2016
blingxx:
nothing last forever.. this is change grin
Bill Gates will get back to number one,also,if not for charity,Bill Gates would have been worth 100billion. Whoever God has blessed,no hate quote or nothing lasts forever can change that,Abiola was the richest Nigerian till he died. So,your quote is not genuine
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by Petdagr8t(m): 9:58am On Sep 10, 2016
Baba God ,it's my time pls answer my call.oooo
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by kennethkaycee(m): 10:07am On Sep 10, 2016
Greyworld:
I just have to invest in something today. Anybody with a bright idea?

Start straight away in the Telecoms Revolution going on now: *If you have ever looked away from opportunities not this one!*

*Join* the smart guys as they make good cash each time you and everyone else in *140 COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD* do mobile *Top-Up!*

Read about it *www.nairaland.com/3291468/telecoms-biz-opportunity-mustnt-miss*

Get back to the person that shared this information with you to get started

or

*call/WhatsApp*: *o7o-653-175_1o*

This is your turn to take from the *GLOBAL-CAKE*ߎ°ߍట;ߍ;ߒటҰߒటҵߒ尟ҵߒ芪Do REBROADCASTߗ㪊*_THANKS_*ߙϰߏ좜谟ҥߒ뀀
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by leacon(m): 10:07am On Sep 10, 2016
Buhari why?,how cld u allow change to affect Gate?
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by AlexzStructure(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2016
My Brother, overtaking is allowed... But I no baddu this ranking sef
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by mmsen: 10:36am On Sep 10, 2016
bigtt76:
Wonder why Nigeria didn't invest in all these stocks sef angry All they know is share from Federation account week in week out chopping free money angry #ediots

The problem is that Nigerians breed recklessly so there is pressure on these governors and others to keep the money as a slush fund to pay for schooling, health care etc for their families and supporters.

Because Europeans are more individualistic and more private it is more difficult for people to approach them to make demands and easier for them to tell people 'no' and to subsequently keep and grow their reserves.

We just heard how this man is a reclusive, just as Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are. It's easier to grow your money when you value your personal space and privacy. Keep your circle small and you will save your money but have too many children and associate with other fools who like to have too many children and your expenditure will most likely outstrip you income.

Quality > Quantity.

2 Likes

Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by toprealman: 10:36am On Sep 10, 2016
wildchild1:
The competition is high, Bill will bounce back definitely
He is very Ok wherever he is wildkiddo.
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by iamrealdeji(m): 10:53am On Sep 10, 2016
Orikinla:
Ortega is a greedy billionaire.

Gates and Zuckerberg are the most generous billionaires.
In fact, Mark Zuckerberg has given more than 90% of his wealth for philanthropy. He is currently the most generous billionaire in the world.
more than 90%? Meaning his networth would have been more than $500billion? Bros you're a liar
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by fkpboss: 10:56am On Sep 10, 2016
chukslawrence:

Real-Time Wealth Ranking
#1 Bill Gates $75 B
#2 Amancio Ortega $67 B
#5 Jeff Bezos $45.2 B
I created another topic this morning which states that Bill Gates has retaken his number one spot but please be informed that as at Wednesday, Amancio Ortega was the richest man on earth.
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by bayelsa1son(m): 11:19am On Sep 10, 2016
aywhy93:
Bill Gates has donated almost $31Billion in his Life? Wow... This is amazing!

Most of these Billionaires started with less than $100 before coming big... So, invest today and start something.

Here is the list of top 100 Billionaires in the world and their country...
this one is old bro
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by timsucces(m): 11:28am On Sep 10, 2016
Greyworld:
I just have to invest in something today. Anybody with a bright idea?
yes my man i have
lets talk on whatsap
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by steve6: 11:39am On Sep 10, 2016
What a strategy ! Hmmm.....I should borrow a leaf this !
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by vislabraye(m): 11:44am On Sep 10, 2016
ipledge10:
I read that the guy is so hard working, and he doesn't wait for worker before he does his things...I like the last statement in this article... "If the Microsoft cofounder were not such a prolific philanthropist, neither Ortega nor anyone else on Earth would be anywhere close to as rich as Gates."

Yes, I tell you. Bill Gates has given do much of his wealth. I'm sure he would have been worth over $100bn . I think billionaires should learn how to give.
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 10, 2016
And what we know in this country is how to loot federal acct, money rituals and yahoo.
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
manando1:
grin Scam bro don't try it

Thank you jare. i appreciate your advice

#Sneaking away to seek other investment options#

1 Like

Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by Kaybaba5(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
God will bless my handwork so dat i can dine with kings
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by jokerphilics(m): 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
otabuko:
Despise not the days of little beginning.....

He and the wife started from their living room....

And some people will be complaining that they're looking for 1 million capital to start up something..
Tell them
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by Sunny360: 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
Eliteklaus:
Forbes has already released dia ranking naming Gates richest man for 2016 with over 90billion, so pls where op for get this very special rankings?

I thought same too, considering the fact that I just read some few days (few weeks?) back that Bill G. had hit the US$90Billion mark... while A. Ortega was still in the seventy-somthing range. O well...
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by yaki84: 3:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
mrkayusfit:
While in Nigeria GEJ foolishly empowered touts and non entities like tompolo and Asari and made them billionaires without any source of income than sabotaging our collective oil wealth. They think they own the oil because it falls in their region forgetting that as long as we remain one Nigeria, we all own the oil.

Too many irresponsible billionaires in nigeria sad

d problem is dat tompolo, asari abi na ateke will feed u, ur entire family, extended families all thru una miserable lives without complaining like ur illiterate president.
abi u fit buy am even small coke?
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by iceberylin(m): 3:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
ajbabs:
Gates has donated nearly $31 billion in stock and cash to his foundation over his lifetime. If the Microsoft cofounder were not such a prolific philanthropist, neither Ortega nor anyone else on Earth would be anywhere close to as rich as Gates.
In veiw of the above statements, I hereby pronounce Bill Gates as the richest man in the whole world.
My advice: Do not despise the little beginning.

After speaking your English Ortega still remains the richest man presently...
Re: Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World by akigbemaru: 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2016
Amancio Ortega!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors / Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions / How Much Is Cooking Gas In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.