Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,242 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

"How To Easily Avoid Disappointments" --ogabenji - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "How To Easily Avoid Disappointments" --ogabenji (406 Views)

How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? / How To Easily Make A Niaja Girl Sleep With You. / Must Read: Valentine’s Day Disappointments And How To Deal With Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"How To Easily Avoid Disappointments" --ogabenji by Capableben(m): 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
OgaBenji is here again! Once again I'm not really sure where to post this article. Mod abeg pardon me.
Now to the business of the day: How to easily avoid disappointments.

According to Merriam Webster dictionary, the word DISAPPOINT means to make someone unhappy by not being as  good as expected or by not doing something that  was hoped for or expected.
A Disappointment comes into existence when an individual disappoints another individual.

As an earthling, you must have been disappointed at one time or the other. This disappointment could have come from anyone but it irks most when it comes from "family" or a confidant.

We suffer disappointments in all stages of our lives- childhood, adulthood, even at old age. Children feel disappointed whenever their parents promise them toys or gifts and ignore such promises. Adults feel disappointed when, say , a business partner fails to make supplies he promised to make. These are some scenarios, there are many more.

As emotional beings, Its natural to feel bad about such experiences; but on the long run it is better we let go.
Letting go may not be as easy as it is said but its always the best thing to do. With my little experience in life, I have discovered an easy and simple way to avoid being disappointed in the first place:
"Limit the expectations you have for people around you. Don't expect much or better still,anything from anyone."

Sounds easy right? It may also sound weird or bad, like, why shouldn't I expect much from my father?
Well, that's the formula I have been using and its been working for me, in fact, I've forgotten the last time I got disappointed by anyone.

When someone you trust so much promises you something special and you want yo accept his offer, do so, but don't expect it or better still, assume it will not be fulfilled so that when it doesn't come eventually; you will not be bothered at all. And if it comes, good.

The keyword is "indifference". Try this trick and disappointments will be history in your life.

NB: This doesn't apply in religious cases tho, as God needs us to be expectant first before he quenches our "hunger".

Source:http://ogabenji..com.ng/2016/09/how-to-easily-avoid-disappointments.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Kate Henshaw Shows Off Her Dancing Skills / This Sick Person Needs Your Advice / Still Love Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.