Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? (4295 Views)

"How To Easily Avoid Disappointments" --ogabenji / Urgent Help!! My Fiancee Is Now Addicted To Something Else. I Feel Very Sad / Must Read: Valentine’s Day Disappointments And How To Deal With Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Yewandequeen(f): 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
I don't know if this is weird or normal #just a random thought.

When am sad and I don't feel good about something, I console myself with food grin will just keep eating anything I come across for the rest of the day.

I know it vary with individuals,some resort to hanging out, some becomes Hot, some prefer to be alone etc

So please share your views, what works for you?

How do you manage sad moments? cry
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Sexxkillz: 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
I take a walk and think about all the people that died on that day that would have preferred to have the problem that is making me sad if it meant they would still be alive.

Then, I thank God for the life I have and realize it could have been worse.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Yewandequeen(f): 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2016
Sexxkillz:
I take a walk and think about all the people that died on that day that would have preferred to have the problem that is making me sad if it meant they would still be alive.

Wow

Nice one.
I try to do the walking thing once in a while but there is just no time for me to.
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
When am sad or down I tend to smoke some weed and write some articles about the tools I use, because feedbacks from people usually cheers me up.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by unapapadeycraze: 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2016
Yewande, longest time. How are you?
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Antina(f): 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2016
Yewandequeen:

When am sad and I don't feel good about something, I console myself with food grin will just keep eating anything I come across for the rest of the day.

I know it vary with individuals,some resort to hanging out, some becomes Hot, some prefer to be alone etc

I think about the good times I have had, sometimes listen to musics.
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Yewandequeen(f): 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
pcguru1:
When am sad or down I tend to smoke some weed and write some articles about the tools I use, because feedbacks from people usually cheers me up.
Han han shocked
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by eph12(m): 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
I reflect on things. One thing is sure I don't let it weigh me down.
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by jamalnation(m): 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
I listen to music [old school]
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by firstking01(m): 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
Sorry but i hardly go into depression cos i'm already used to how life works and i knw how to manage and adjust to circumstances and make myself happy....

Now listen to this, happiness is earned..
it's you who chosed to be sad.
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Yewandequeen(f): 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
Antina:

I think about the good times I have had, sometimes listen to musics.

If i have to listen to music, I will listen to the sad ones.
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Diamondqueen(f): 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
I listen to hip hop music with my earphone. It helps me a lot.
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Yewandequeen(f): 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
firstking01:
Sorry but i hardly go into depression cos i'm already used to how life works and i knw how to manage and adjust to circumstance and make myself happy....

Now listen to this, happiness is earned..
it's you who chosed to be sad.

Never heard that quote before
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Yewandequeen(f): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2016
unapapadeycraze:
Yewande, longest time. How are you?

Am fine thank you and how are you doing?
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2016
Yewandequeen:

When am sad and I don't feel good about something, I console myself with food grin will just keep eating anything I come across for the rest of the day

That's binge eating, and it's not the best or most advisable of coping mechanisms because you have a tendency to bulimia and excessive weight gain.
For me, I get distracted by browsing, talking a walk, gisting with friends.
Just being actively involved in something could take away the sadness.The act of deflection is one I have mastered
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Sexxkillz: 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2016
Yewandequeen:

Wow

Nice one.
I try to do the walking thing once in a while but there is just no time for me to.
Try it sometime. There's always time to walk.
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2016
Sexxkillz:

I can walk with u... grin
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by FlawlesRebirth02(f): 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
Yewandequeen:

.you know when you said 'Eat anything you come across” u know one day you go waka jam GRASS tongue
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
I hate to admit this but when I'm sad or disappointed I locked myself in my room and cry til I fell asleep cry
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by firstking01(m): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
Yewandequeen:

Never heard that quote before
Postulated by the firstking01 himself cool...but i hope you grasp the qoute??
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Yewandequeen(f): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2016
sapiosexual1:

That's binge eating, and it's not the best or most advisable of coping mechanisms because you have a tendency to bulimia and excessive weight gain.
For me, I get distracted by browsing, talking a walk, gisting with friends.
Just being actively involved in something could take away the sadness.The act of deflection is one I have mastered

Hanahan
You're mean ooooooo
You added that Cos am big right?
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by RoyalBlak007: 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2016
I hang out

at a strip club

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
TrapQueen77:
I hate to admit this but when I'm sad or disappointed I locked myself in my room and cry til I fell asleep cry

WTF why nau nothing is that bad , I can't even cry even if I tried. Unless they told me star wars rogue one was cancelled then yep I'd pretty much cry
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Yewandequeen(f): 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
FlawlesRebirth02:
.you know when you said 'Eat anything you come across” u know one day you go waka jam GRASS tongue
Buhahahhahah

Now this is funny
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Sexxkillz: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
TrapQueen77:

I can walk with u... grin
I walk fast. . . Very fast.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Yewandequeen(f): 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
firstking01:
Postulated by the firstking01 himself cool...but i hope you grasp the qoute??

Sure I did
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
Whenever I'm sad, I feel really depressed as if the world's gonna end.

I always manage it by keeping to myself, like locking myself up for hours or days, watching comedies... Something that'll make me laugh and smile(natin romantic tho)
I also eat a lot. Gosh. Cos to me, food drowns all sorrows.

Finally, if you want me to recover, just provide your cheeks for two hot slaps. When I slap, all anger fades automatically. Weird.
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
Yewandequeen:

Han han shocked

Its true dear, I tend to think alot and esp negative and depressing stuff, that ish gets me less bothered.
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Antina(f): 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
Yewandequeen:

If i have to listen to music, I will listen to the sad ones.

Listening to sad one will instigate the sadness. I rather listen to my type of music best fit. In a day or two, I would be fine again.
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by tosyne2much(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
Well, I will say that I'm already used to disappointments and betrayal in life which have made me a better and stronger person.. I have been disappointed/betrayed countless times by male friends, girlfriends, family members and perhaps, those I thought would be the last people to betray me. Even here on Nairaland, I'm already used to the fact that some people unleash their hatred towards me by posting untrue and ridiculous stories just to defame or tarnish my image. Most people feel that silence is an admission of guilt without knowing that it's sometimes the best way to show maturity and make haters look frustrated.

Despite the fact that I accord both young and old with love and open arms according to my inbred manner, people often pay me back with disappointment and I begin to wonder if I'm the only one on earth to be treated that way.

Perseverance, ability to overlook certain things and inability to give up no matter the war often help me to deal with disappointment cool

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
I hang out

at a strip club

Which area ?
Re: How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? by Yewandequeen(f): 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Used to do this but not anymore

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Curvy Actress Moyo Lawal Shares Hot Bedroom Photos & Video, Slam Critics / Dirty Runs Girl / I Am Having Relationship With My Brothers Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.