Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Must Read: Valentine’s Day Disappointments And How To Deal With Them. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Read: Valentine’s Day Disappointments And How To Deal With Them. (742 Views)

"How To Easily Avoid Disappointments" --ogabenji / How Do You Manage Sad Moments/disappointments? / What Is Your Plan(s) For This Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read: Valentine’s Day Disappointments And How To Deal With Them. by makazona(m): 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
St. Valentine (a Christian Saint) on whose name the “Valentine’s Day” is christened, according to historians was martyred on the 14th February, 273. This is a fact known not only to the Catholics, Anglicans, Baptist and the Lutheran Church. Details about him seem to be little though. Ok! Enough of the history lessons already.

People all over the world, observe this day as lovers day/holiday. Gifts and flowers are exchanged between lovers. (Don’t try this in Nigeria because most of our ladies appreciate it not.)

But you know nah - things still don’t always work out the way we plan. So, here I will highlight the major dark sides of Val’s day and of course, the solutions.

Phone lines will suddenly go dead: As funny as this may sound, it is true that some mischievous lovers may switch off their phones to avoid calls from their “Friend-zoned” lovers who have been waiting for this day to nail it! Nail what? You must be asking now. Huh? The phone going off serves another purpose for players (especially the guys): to have the privacy they deserve with the main woman. But at the end, some persons are still disappointed.

Solution: Do not raise your hopes so much. The guy promised to take you out/shopping and all your body and soul seriously banking on that awoof! Less expectation brings less treachery.

Engagement expectations: Some fine ladies dating their men for 5 years or more, would be expecting naturally, a surprise “will you marry me”? and then a fine engagement ring follows. These babes even rehearse in front of their mirror how they will act while saying the almost obvious Yes. But when the food and drinks are served, eaten and bills paid on the Val’s day, the first part of disappointment starts with ready to go? question from the guy. Go check the lady’s heartbeat from that moment.

Solution: Keep praying for and believing in your partner. At the right time i.e. in the fullness of time, he will definitely put a ring on it!

First time Sex: On the Valentine’s Day, Virgins lose their innocence. The hotels are fully booked and condom dealers make a fortune because of the sex-centric nature of the celebration in Nigeria. Sex experimented, regrets and maybe pregnancy may follow.

Solution: The celebration is believed to be about LOVE and not SEX. Or is love now equated with sex? Can’t love be shown without sex? If you love him/her, then, I suggest you zip it up!

Empty Pockets: Lol. You said to yourself, I am going to surprise her today. You borrowed to augment your savings only to fritter all away on the Val’s day. I am not against it yet not in support. Yes I said so. Not because the lady (and in some cases, the man) do not deserve to be lavished on oo!

Solution: Key thing here should be moderation. Remember, the eateries have sharpened their knives waiting to entice and cut your throat with eye-popping cuisines and products. Be wise. Don’t squander all that day and cry tomorrow.

That SOLVED!

more at http://solutionnaija..com.ng

Re: Must Read: Valentine’s Day Disappointments And How To Deal With Them. by SHEEGO2015(m): 6:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
Moral lesson?
Re: Must Read: Valentine’s Day Disappointments And How To Deal With Them. by naijaboiy: 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
Same old shít. undecided
Re: Must Read: Valentine’s Day Disappointments And How To Deal With Them. by sinaj(f): 6:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
I tot I wud read somtin new undecided
Re: Must Read: Valentine’s Day Disappointments And How To Deal With Them. by makazona(m): 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2016
sinaj:
I tot I wud read somtin new undecided

Something like what exactly?

I believe you did simple arithmetic (1+1), and up till today, your every transaction starts and ends with the same 1+1?
It means that once in awhile, we need to remind ourselves of these things lest we forget...If you know, pls allow others.
Re: Must Read: Valentine’s Day Disappointments And How To Deal With Them. by makazona(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
naijaboiy:
Same old shít. undecided
Thanks for dropping by for the old shit pal
Re: Must Read: Valentine’s Day Disappointments And How To Deal With Them. by sinaj(f): 7:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
makazona:

Something like what exactly?

I believe you did simple arithmetic (1+1), and up till today, your every transaction starts and ends with the same 1+1?
It means that once in awhile, we need to remind ourselves of these things lest we forget...If you know, pls allow others.
talking about arithmetic, it's not as boring as this copy and paste crap u posted wink

Btw not every transaction start with 1 + 1, learn something new buddy wink
Re: Must Read: Valentine’s Day Disappointments And How To Deal With Them. by makazona(m): 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
sinaj:
talking about arithmetic, it's not as boring as this copy and paste crap u posted wink

Btw not every transaction start with 1 + 1, learn something new buddy wink

I knw ur kind of person. cheesy they think they know but know next to nothing yet they trivialise everyone else's attempt at making a point.my points are made and if they dont make sense to u,move on with ur fake life cz it may just be beneficial to one person.just one person.

By the way,I wrote the piece myself n nt copied.

And finally on the arithmetic ish,take it or leave it, you make use of it every day...except if u are on oxygen

(1) (Reply)

Body Massage Home Services / For Babies Born On Airplane Flights,which Country Should They Be Citizens Of? / My Bestfriend Girlfriend Is Inlove With Me And Am Developing Feelings For Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.