Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) (15109 Views)

Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) / Should I Accept This Job Or Move On? / Staying on my job or Further Training? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 15, 2016
Ojestas:
Some people will just come here and start oppressing the jobless!

God dey!
Just like OP said, time makes the difference. Last year I was job hunting in Lagos, got a teaching job of 25k per month, jumping Danfo from one interview to another with nothing coming up, I started working for free with a company just to get few experience... Cut the long story short, I moved to the US for my masters, few months ago I got an internship(Industrial training) with a top company and my pay was about $4K per month as an intern, no joke. Seems like a dream but it's fuckin rea, that's the best I've ever earn and I believe to get more when I'm done with school. Life can change in a matter of seconds.
Keep pushing, explore any opportunity that comes your way.
OP, better stay with your current job oo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by EdoBoy90(m): 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
femlex:

I have a 2.1 in Accounting, just completed my MSc in Finance and Accounting, I have an ACA (ICAN) Certificate with other smaller Cert and trainings.

Without an NGO experience, if you really want to make a career in it, you need to locate a good NGO and start as a Volunteer.
. I have 2.1 in mechanical. Engr. hoping to start from some where and advance my career.
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by femlex(m): 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Thanks to everyone in Nairaland that made contributions.

I have met with my Organisation and decided to stay. I am overwhelmed by their support and believe for me.

The decision is also in line with the majority of those that gave advice on this platform. 29 posts advised I stayed while 15 asked me to leave while others made various contributions.

I also considered the fact that in my eight years working period, I have worked in 6 different Organisations. I hope to stay here for at least 2 years before moving, and that is if needed.

I appreciate you

And for those still searching for job, please just be patient, God will make it happen soon, and one day you look back and laugh.

Thanks
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by cc150615(f): 7:17am On Sep 16, 2016
I'm glad you made the right decision, keep soaring!

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by femlex(m): 9:17pm On Sep 16, 2016
cc150615:
I'm glad you made the right decision, keep soaring!

Thanks
Re: Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) by ffo(m): 9:10am On Sep 19, 2016
femlex:
Thanks to everyone in Nairaland that made contributions.

I have met with my Organisation and decided to stay. I am overwhelmed by their support and believe for me.

The decision is also in line with the majority of those that gave advice on this platform. 29 posts advised I stayed while 15 asked me to leave while others made various contributions.

I also considered the fact that in my eight years working period, I have worked in 6 different Organisations. I hope to stay here for at least 2 years before moving, and that is if needed.

I appreciate you

And for those still searching for job, please just be patient, God will make it happen soon, and one day you look back and laugh.

Thanks

femlex,
Please i will like to know what was the reason you state in your resignation letter before the salary increase.

thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Help Your Boss With His Or Her Bag? / Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) / Help Nairalanders, My Work Place Dilemma.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.