Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? (54396 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / From Christian To Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
echi I choro ka m nta anu aturu gi gi were mma bee mu ewu ahausa

Why are you being derogatory? I am igbo like you but you are not painting a good image of God here. Please stop.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by vic155: 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
okosodo:
Very wrong because you are an infidel
Says who my friend? Speak on what u know please
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by seyenko(m): 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
i will advice you stop eating beef because those who rear cows are Muslims from the north and it will not be good. I will advice you stop using products from China because the Chinese are not Christians but practice Confucius. I will advice you stop using all products and services not being provided by Christians.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by GoldHorse(m): 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
If you have ever used hot and newly boiled Ram meat (sallah meat or whatever) to soak Ijebu gari with cold water inside hot sun then....hmmmmm
....please eat sallah meat jo! A lot of people go find thenselves in "hell" and come dey wonder why dem no even chop small life (including sallah meat) sef grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by ollah2: 10:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
Religion has really messed up Nigerians mentality. Imagine, my eyes were bleeding while reading people's comments especially some Christians.. They have been scammed. The keep mentioning holy spirit holy spirit. Their pastors have scammed them mehn.

I bet not even one person can proof if they are truly holy spirited.

Bunch of dunce claiming their religion is the best and only accepted one and the other 4999 is false.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Mbenny(m): 10:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

Wrong! As a spiritually matured believer even when you know it was sacrificed to idols you can eat but if there is an immature believer there who also knows it was sacrificed to idols for that ones conscience sake and not yours, you should not eat.
how do you know who is a matured and immature believer? so you are saying the so called matured ones should be glutton
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by vic155: 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
Tpave:
Just asking cos somebody asked me this question this morning and I decided to bring it to the forum.

YES of course just like the Muslim also eat from Christians so also Christians can eat from the Muslims. Like in the Qur'an Allah says u can eat from the people of book.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by shomutuski(m): 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
They don't eat it dear. They prepare it for the general public and reserve a separate ram for themselves. I have seen that myself several times.

May God forgive you oh.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Objectives: 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
Take a look at this thread, and it's almost impossible to not shake your head in pity,

In this time and age, hundreds are actively engaged for hours in a conversation that focuses squarely on whether or not one man should accept meat from another.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mbenny:
how do you know who is a matured and immature believer? so you are saying the so called matured ones should be glutton

Eating meat isnt gluttony! The scriptures cannot be broken...The bible says by the fruits you shall know them...this is applicable to both knowing unbelievers and knowing baby believers! Utterances can show proof of ones level of faith likewise body language!

You can speak for yourself if you are a mature believer but for others you can know them via their manifestation. However if you are close to them already then how would you not know?

Wisdom is the principal thing...i believe that if you are in a crowd of mixed multitude of believers and non believers then the safest thing to do is not to eat as you cannot tell the difference so for their sake you refrain but when in company of matured believers like you whom you already know then feel free.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by flamingREED(m): 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

You are totally 100% wrong. if you do not understand 1st corinthians chapter 8 how can you understand chapter 10?

Keep the blessing to yourselves.

You don't fear God.

Your kind and Joel Osteen will soon be rejected by those who do know their.

And please, don't quote my post again.

Like it or leave it.

I detest heady, hypocritical, gluttonous and unsanctified Christians who mingle with sinners to the detriment of their souls.

Don't tag me again or the curse of God will follow you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by greatwhite(m): 10:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
abatisegun:
says the Bible or who?

The bible:
1 corinthians 8

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by jamesbondbrown(m): 10:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
Wrong or right..... let's see how many Christian will reject meat tmao.we dey talk hunger una dey talk English dey quote bible.if moslem ram bad who go chop am...just saying m a Christian I go too chop meat tmao.judge if u b lawyer

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by gretblue: 10:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
When did we get to this level in this country? Muslim rams vs Christian rams. Perhaps we may also begin to differentiate between Christain blood and Muslim blood donations in our various blood bank in hospitals. Irony of a Nation...

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
They don't eat it dear. They prepare it for the general public and reserve a separate ram for themselves. I have seen that myself several times.

Ignorance of d highest order!!!!!. U actually believe wat u like. Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by ollah2: 10:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
flamingREED:

You don't fear God.

Like it or leave it.

I detest heady, hypocritical, gluttonous and unsanctified Christians who mingle with sinners to the detriment of their souls.

You are one hell of an idiot. Are you more Christian than him? What gives you the assurance that you own relegion is the one true religion?

Look at this fantasist son of a cannibal...

Keep your split personalities off my lane before I beat all the ancestral demons out of your pink font using, bikini wearing, wretched body....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by mengho(m): 10:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lol,

Nop, infidels must not eat our ram & cows ROFL

But seriously my guy, do you eat suya, it's actually slaughtered dsame way as the Sallah Ram, goat, cow, chicken etc.
So if you wan chop just enjoy ur meat & stop putting doubt in d mind of others, my neighbor na pastor & we go enjoy barbeque together tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
flamingREED:

You don't fear God.

Like it or leave it.

Curse of God? How absurd! My God is a God of blessing and mercy and Love and desires that all should come to the knowledge of Him and not this ignorance you are displaying here. I do not detest you as all i see is an ignorant being. His Word has Sanctified me already so feel free to run with your assumption. I will mingle with sinners if i feel that by so doing i can bring them to the knowledge of God as the message is greater than the messenger. You on the other hand can keep playing your games of self righteousness because if Jesus Christ Himself could feast with publicans and sinners like in the case of Zacheous then who are you?

God indeed bless you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by shomutuski(m): 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:

I was born a muslim and I have witness countless eid both from my family and friends. Your reek of evil and it foul smell comes out from your mouth. Why would you say such a thing against us. We enjoin what is good and forbid what's evil.
My brother telling lies or misleading people won't do shvt to help your situation. I eat christmas food from mum pere, baba shonibare, daddy ayomide and of course mummy anjola every year and they also come and eat our meat. Not one of them can believe this your propanganda. I beg you stop and change for good. Even if you are bigoted, apply sense.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Cation25(m): 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

There is no confusion there....its simply a difference in spiritual maturity. I am spiritually mature and have been eating it and preaching to them at the same time especially since my Bible tells me to eat it freely and enjoy it too.

The other person may just not be a mature believer yet so do not call it confusion....afterall a baby must crawl before it can run and jump but both the one crawling and the one jumping are still both people.
You 've said it all... God bless u
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Facxie(m): 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
Who say he go dash dem meat
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by yinks0067: 10:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
When God said all food are lawful to us all...."Today, all good food is made lawful for
you. The food of the people of the Scripture (Jews & Christians) is lawful (halal) for you ......"
I know this sunday churches will tell there members no to eat with muslims.......that sallah is a sort of idol thing...
Me i will eat ooo bring it any time either from xtian or muslim
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Hollaryeenqah: 10:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
@Tpave, Their is nothing wrong with it... Some people just take it sentimental and also they say's what they don't understand.

If you tell me that you can eat the meat the Muslim gave to you. It means during DEC25 they should not collect yours too.

is there love with that?

But the story does not go that way... We are one in front of GOD.

Love ur neighbor as urself
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Btruth: 10:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
Is like asking if it will be right if the Muslim should feast with the Xtian during the Xmas period?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by drizzy009: 10:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
Smh... All these Christians sef ehn... Why must you make a story out anything concerning Muslims... How many Muslims have put up a thread to ask if it's wrong to eat Christmas chicken...

Nigerian Religion sef tire me

Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Alcatraz003: 10:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
I find this question by the OP laughable because all the beef we eat in Nigeria are mostly prepared by muslims.

Even though islam is one hell of a terrifyi

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by intergral(m): 10:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
jossyphobia:
how sir?
Bible is never contradictory just understanding it you lack
how sure are you that those people that translated the bible from koeinic greek, araimic and other formats to English for you to read really understood what they wrote.... If they did then they are also equal to Jesus.... Try and check for the authenticity of what you follow... By tha way the bible is a compilation of stories of those close to Jesus... How sure are you that those stories where not exaggerated?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Alcatraz003: 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
I find this question by the OP laughable because all the beef we eat in Nigeria are mostly prepared by muslims.

Even though islam is one hell of a terrifying religion, i take objection to this divisive thread as it will further alienate us from each other in Nigeria.

I am a christian and i will go out to my homie's house tomorrow to eat their meat even if they use it for any sacrifice, na them sabi.

As a confirm yoruba man, i don chop meat from all sources and nothing do me so ordinary sallah meat no fit do me anything.

Let's propagate what will unite us and not furrther divide us. Selah.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by greatwhite(m): 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by dnawah(m): 10:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
Tpave:
Just asking cos somebody asked me this question this morning and I decided to bring it to the forum.
no it is not,remember the warning of God to Daniel and Shadrak co.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
[quote author=greatwhite post=49279795][/quote]

You have clearly misunderstood 1st corinthians 8.

The knowledge of Christ being the eternal sacrifice is yours to have as a believer but to the unbeliever it is foolishness. You already serve God and recognize Him so why would you reject meals from people even when it was supposedly offered to other idols? If you do reject them this means you have acknowledged those idols and not God the one you know whom the earth belongs to and the fullness thereof.

I suggest you sit down and read 1st corinthians 8 again but this time also read Romans 14 vs 1-4 and 1st corinthians 10 vs 23-33
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by zionwest(m): 11:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
Akinaukwa:
Na on top of another person matter una carry cross?. People wey get the ram no worry na you wey nothing concern you dey plan how to eat or not to eat.
abi o..stupid christians..always hatin on other religions which is a sin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

The Man Pastor Chris Oyakhilome ::. / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon / Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.