Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? (54395 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / From Christian To Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by tycoon3(m): 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
They don't eat it dear. They prepare it for the general public and reserve a separate ram for themselves. I have seen that myself several times.
U talking shiiit

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
@Op It is not only wrong but it's a bad luck to eat it. They actually cast their lots (bad luck and past sins) on the ram before killing it and so if you partake in it,........
but how come they eat it
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by izzou(m): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
Godsate:

[s]I know that you are a muslim. You can't understand what I'm saying for you don't have Holy Spirit in you.[/s]

It shows in you this your comment.

I know you have the Holy spirit. Read 1Corinthians 8. Maybe Apostle Paul had a different spirit from yours

Don't jump into arguments if you aren't sure of what you are saying.

I don't eat sallah meat because I dont like rams, not because it's a taboo.

If you don't eat rams, go and sleep or move to the romance section. Stop discouraging others from tolerating themselves

cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by nurusystem(m): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
Eat islam meat for it is a clean meat among meat u have ever eat, don't be confuss about the ignorant guys,this Festival is a synero also found mention in the Bible, almight God, Abraham & Isack & the goat,testing of obidient of Abraham,,..by God

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by irepsuccess: 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
Godsate:

Suya meat is not attached to any religion. It's for businness.
the muslims shudnt eat xmas fud too ryt?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2016
sinaj:
yea u are right.

I just saw this in Romans 14:1-4

awesomely totally correct!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Omotayor123(f): 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
They don't eat it dear. They prepare it for the general public and reserve a separate ram for themselves. I have seen that myself several times.
grin grin

Why are you lying na undecided shocked

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by daneni1(m): 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2016
think this will answer your question

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

OP as a believer there is nothing wrong with eating it! The bible says that we can eat even those things offered to idols but we should give thanks to almighty God for it. However this is for a grounded believer who lives by faith and not fear.

A young believer with doubts shouldnt do so and also a mature believer should not eat it in the presence of an immature believer who still believes that its not right to eat it.....this is for the sake of his faith.

Every food or animal comes from God so be they from Native doctors, juju worshippers, muslims etc feel free to eat if you are spiritually matured to do so. Afterall how would they accept you or your message when you reject their hospitality?

God bless you.

God bless you, you are right in every sense and sentence.

This is a true story

A brother who is a Pastor has a Muslim family as neighbour. it happened that the Muslim family during their festival sent food to the pastor and after thanking the bearer the food was poured into the dust bin after the person that brought it left secretly. One way or the other the Muslim man got to know about it. and he did not complain.
Well during Xmas my brother pastor sent food to the Muslim family and as the man was receiving it he said to my nephew tell pastor for me that we appreciate it o and before the boy would leave he said " E lo ba mi daa sinu ile" meaning go and pour it in the dust bin and right before my nephew the man pured it the dustbin.
The man did his own right in the presence of the bearer.
Eating the Ram is nothing as long as it is a normal thing for Christians to pray and give thanks before eating. You can eat food even from the Ogun shrine.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by drmuri(m): 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
fucklil:
lie! sad
@ spice 123. it is totally unfortunate that you decided to lie just because you happen to have bias against Muslims. 70% of Muslims usually can' t afford more than one ram. so they throw away what they paid through the nose to buy? May the good lord safe us from lying spirit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
pathological liar ! undecided

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
adeife16:
you are so wrong

[size=15pt]Romans 14King James Version (KJV)

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
[/size]

Now link that with 1st Corinthians 8
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by abimbawealth(f): 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
Moslem Ram bawo, Christian Ram nko...

Never knew rams sef don dey get religion

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by drmuri(m): 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
davtosh:

This is a true story

A brother who is a Pastor has a Muslim family as neighbour. it happened that the Muslim family during their festival sent food to the pastor and after thanking the bearer the food was poured into the dust bin after the person that brought it left secretly. One way or the other the Muslim man got to know about it. and he did not complain.
Well during Xmas my brother pastor sent food to the Muslim family and as the man was receiving it he said to my nephew tell pastor for me that we appreciate it o and before the boy would leave he said " E lo ba mi daa sinu ile" meaning go and pour it in the dust bin and right before my nephew the man pured it the dustbin.
Eating the Ram is nothing as long as it is a normal thing for Christians to pray and give thanks before eating. You can eat food even from the Ogun shrine.

a real Muslim will never be an hypocrite.what he made the pastor realise is good.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by salam8528: 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
flamingREED:

You're wrong man.

So long as you're aware its offered to/blessed by the devil,
You eat to your soul's damnation.

1 Corinthians 10
20 BUT I SAY, THAT THE THINGS WHICH THE GENTILES SACRIFICE, THEY SACRIFICE TO DEVILS, AND NOT TO GOD: AND I WOULD NOT THAT YE SHOULD HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH DEVILS.

21 YE CANNOT DRINK THE CUP OF THE LORD, AND THE CUP OF DEVILS: YE CANNOT BE PARTAKERS OF THE LORD'S TABLE, AND OF THE TABLE OF DEVILS.

22 DO WE PROVOKE THE LORD TO JEALOUSY? ARE WE STRONGER THAN HE?

23 ALL THINGS ARE LAWFUL FOR ME, BUT ALL THINGS ARE NOT EXPEDIENT: ALL THINGS ARE LAWFUL FOR ME, BUT ALL THINGS EDIFY NOT.

25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:
26 For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.
28 BUT IF ANY MAN SAY UNTO YOU, THIS IS OFFERED IN SACRIFICE UNTO IDOLS, EAT NOT FOR HIS SAKE THAT SHEWED IT, AND FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE: FOR THE EARTH IS THE LORD'S, AND THE FULNESS THEREOF:
29 CONSCIENCE, I SAY, NOT THINE OWN, BUT OF THE OTHER: FOR WHY IS MY LIBERTY JUDGED OF ANOTHER MAN'S CONSCIENCE?

31 WHETHER THEREFORE YE EAT, OR DRINK, OR WHATSOEVER YE DO, DO ALL TO THE GLORY OF GOD.

32 GIVE NONE OFFENCE, NEITHER TO THE JEWS, NOR TO THE GENTILES, NOR TO THE CHURCH OF GOD:

33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, THAT THEY MAY BE SAVED.

There's a great difference between what is well known to be the devil's feast
And what is presented in the market place for sale or in a casual feast for entertainment.

FOR THE FORMER IT'S TRANSGRESSION TO EAT.
IN THE TWO FOLLOWING CASES, RESPECT THE CONSCIENCE OF OTHERS
any1 DAT follows or think lyk u will end up an extremist u call other peoples God devil, how rvu share u r not worshiping devil urself. I beg learn to respect other people way of lyf if u can't eat dere ram bounce off and stop saying what u don't know. Am a Muslim and I eat Christmas food not because am hungry but because its coming from a catering neighbor.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
komododragons:
where is it written that we should it eat meat offer to idol freely?

Do you know how to link scripture with scripture? If you do then link Romans 14 vs 1-4 with 1st corinthians 8 and let your eyes of understanding be opened.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by walexGodson(m): 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
receive sense by force by fire,cos saying trash

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by obiaguna(m): 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
gretblue:

May God bless your soul my brother.

And you too my brother/sister.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Feanah(f): 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
Who is begging you people to eat Sallah meat? One idiot even said muslims cast their sins and spells into the rams. Why are you people full of hypocrisy? Many of you suffer from intellectual dishonesty. Ideally, the ram is for we muslims to share among muslims that never killed ram not for Christians.
True brother smiley I can see you felt very bad but don't forget-ofcourse we should share it with people of other religion too especially your neighbors , it won't be nice after they've perceived all that nice aroma and don't get anything.

1.Narrated AbuDharr: Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said: AbuDharr, when you prepare the broth, add water to that and give that (as a present) to your neighbour. - Sahih Muslim, 1208

2.Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As: Mujahid said that Abdullah ibn Amr slaughtered a sheep and said: Have you presented a gift from it to my neighbour, the Jew, for I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Gabriel kept on commending the neighbour to me so that I thought he would make an heir? - Sunan Abu Dawood, 2446

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by chiefojiji(m): 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
You can't eat Muslim ram, but you are eating meat inside dream....

Corntinuuuu!!!

Bydway, don't expect ram meat ooo dis ileya oooo!!!

Recession ti take over.

Irada kill my ram and salt the meat for the fushor recession
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by oluwalewis(m): 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
Why do we always let religion divide us?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by waltinnovers: 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
What 4evergod said is exactly what 1 corinthians 8 is the same but we have to be careful because you don't know who is watching you. Because I like preaching with my behaviour and character

Amakansi4:

please stop saying wat u dont knw or not sure abt before u blaspheme.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Smooyis(m): 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

You are totally 100% wrong. if you do not understand 1st corinthians chapter 8 how can you understand chapter 10?

[size=15pt][b]1 Corinthians 8King James Version (KJV)

8 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;

11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.

13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
[/b][/size]

let me now repost my original post so you can read it side by side with the above scripture

OP as a believer there is nothing wrong with eating it! The bible says that we can eat even those things offered to idols but we should give thanks to almighty God for it. However this is for a grounded believer who lives by faith and not fear.

A young believer with doubts shouldnt do so and also a mature believer should not eat it in the presence of an immature believer who still believes that its not right to eat it.....this is for the sake of his faith.

Every food or animal comes from God so be they from Native doctors, juju worshippers, muslims etc feel free to eat if you are spiritually matured to do so. Afterall how would they accept you or your message when you reject their hospitality?

God bless you.

Thanks for your beautiful contributions. I want to appeal to my Christian brothers not to see this from the point of condemnation,because it's only when we stop seeing each other as worshipping the devil, that we can fully understand each religion's peculiarities. But as for me I am of the belief that the two religions are of God. The Bible says it is not what goes into our bodies that defiles a man, but rather the things that come out of it. Thank you for reading.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by cornel994(m): 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
Burton tongue I will so eat it, neva kil yasef ova religion...we might later b shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by zuru101(m): 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
Yes if person have good mind and believe that we are all serving one God I mean a mature men.
Is good to eat with them and also celebrate it them because some don't hve the opportunity and I good muslim should know that ramada is for give those who don't have moneyto buy food and share it with the people living around them both Christian and muslim
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by obiaguna(m): 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
daneni1:
think this will answer your question

Going by the scripture you just quoted, are you in any way implying that Muslim's are idol worshippers and that Allah is an idol?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
davtosh:

This is a true story

Very true. The problem with so called believers today is that we quote the word and hear the word but refuse to do the word and often times our Pastors do not help matters as a lot of them preach from a place of fear or personal experience thereby watering down the efficacy of the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by richyfunky(m): 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

There is no confusion there....its simply a difference in spiritual maturity. I am spiritually mature and have been eating it and preaching to them at the same time especially since my Bible tells me to eat it freely and enjoy it too.

The other person may just not be a mature believer yet so do not call it confusion....afterall a baby must crawl before it can run and jump but both the one crawling and the one jumping are still both people.
Brother, you are blessed

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by mostyg(m): 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
I remembered one year, I took meat and juice to my office after sallah. Some of my colleagues rejected the meat and wanted to take the juice only. I stood my ground and only gave juice to those that took the meat. Since that year I hardly take meat to the office.

All the comments on this thread has made me understand the thinking of some christian the more.
That the muslims worship idol !!!!!
I also see level of tolerance we have displayed here. Fanatism is growing day by day.
If dont want to eat its ok, there are thousands of people that would eat. Since not all muslims can afford to kill ram, we shall gladly share our ram with them.

Our Sallah meat has never wasted

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by obiaguna(m): 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
FriendChoice:

@Ranchhoddas your reply shows you don't understand what he says, and you're busy calling it quite right. Its totally wrong. He says we cast our sins before slaughtering it. Which is wrong. We are not idol worshippers rather we call God name, we submit the Animals to him and slaughter it.

Bismillaahi wallaahu ‘Akbar [Allaahumma minka wa laka] Allaahumma taqabbal minnee.

In the Name of Allah, Allah is the Greatest! [Oh Allah, from You and to You.] Oh Allah, accept it from me.

He also alleged that we cast our sins on the ram we share and hide a separate one to eat. Any Ram, in fact any animal you did not kill with Allah's name, you cannot eat it. God doesn't need your meat, HE doesn't need the blood of the Animals. What he need is the faith in your mind that you believe this Ram is God creature and God made me superior to kill it, he subjected the ram to me. If he wishes the Ram will be the one to kill me. Then Allah I submit Your creature (Ram) to you.

Their meat will not reach Allah , nor will their blood, but what reaches Him is piety from you. Thus have We subjected them to you that you may glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and give good tidings to the doers of good [Quran 22: 37]

My point is there is nothing like separate hidden ram that Allah's name has not been mentioned.

Mode Of Division
It's advisable when you slaughter 1 ram, you divided in to 3. One portion for your neighborhood regardless of who they are etc. The second portion to all the needy, the third portion for yourself. This is only the teaching of the Sunnah not command.

If you eat all the ram without giving it out, your sacrifice is valid

If you give some and keep some, it is still valid

If you dash it all outside, without you eating, it's still valid.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 7.476 Narrated by Salama bin Al Aqua. The Prophet (saws) said: (Of the Sacrifice) eat of it, and feed of it to others, and store of it.

Thank you very much for taking your time to educate us on this. I hope people read and gain understanding.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Jyde89: 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:

Haba, u b monitoring spirit ba wey u get all this info for hand, so they even give it to christian families that visits them right, mind u i have many muslim friends and when i visit them on sala days, we kill, prepare and eat the ram together and it hasn't change my faith one bit cos they also come visiting on xmas and new year, so Mr or Mrs, shaaaarap dia oniro oshi.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by belloabd1914(m): 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
dumbest person on earth, liar.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lizard Tied To A Man's Car In The Night In Awka, Anambra (Photos) / The Man Pastor Chris Oyakhilome ::. / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.