Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,026 members, 7,814,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? (54407 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / From Christian To Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by searay(m): 9:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

OP as a believer there is nothing wrong with eating it! The bible says that we can eat even those things offered to idols but we should give thanks to almighty God for it. However this is for a grounded believer who lives by faith and not fear.

A young believer with doubts shouldnt do so and also a mature believer should not eat it in the presence of an immature believer who still believes that its not right to eat it.....this is for the sake of his faith.

Every food or animal comes from God so be they from Native doctors, juju worshippers, muslims etc feel free to eat if you are spiritually matured to do so. Afterall how would they accept you or your message when you reject their hospitality?

God bless you.
Your Bible reference please
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by spice123(m): 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
henrynick:

Just read that bible passage punk..........this is the problem with y'all... Always wanting to turn the word of God to suit your foolishness
o kwa I ma na I macharo ihe aturu a

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by vinneyville(m): 9:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
MuhdG:
It is very wrong to eat anything that's from terrorists
am sorry bro, but u are the most senseless being on planet earth just for making this statement

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
searay:
Your Bible reference please

1st corinthians 8, 1st Corinthians 10 vs 23-33, Romans 14 vs 1-4
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Michel2013: 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
read 1 Corinthians 8 for better education.

you are free to eat anything.food does not bring u close to God.

if you are spiritually mature eat anything but do not do that in public so that u do not lead immature people(spiritually)
do same with boldness.

so any case there is caution to we do with our right.that is why it is said that your right stops where another person's right starts.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by jossyphobia(m): 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
ishaq062:
Why are bible verses contradicting?
how sir?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by jossyphobia(m): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
ishaq062:
how sir?
Bible is never contradictory just understanding it you lack
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Mbenny(m): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
ishaq062:
the Bible can not be understand by narrow minded people. if the Holy spirit is no indwelling In you, then you can't have understanding.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by christiengeorge(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

There is no confusion there....its simply a difference in spiritual maturity. I am spiritually mature and have been eating it and preaching to them at the same time especially since my Bible tells me to eat it freely and enjoy it too.

The other person may just not be a mature believer yet so do not call it confusion....afterall a baby must crawl before it can run and jump but both the one crawling and the one jumping are still both people.
my take on this mata is dat we donot have d same doctrine and believe,they reject our messiah as the son of God,they don't share our faith,they see us as infidel.In the voice of paul d apostle."Do not be equally yoked with unbelievers".

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by bqoND(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
They don't eat it dear. They prepare it for the general public and reserve a separate ram for themselves. I have seen that myself several times.
am sorry dear, You are extremely dull. How can you say something as stupid as that. You just had to say something irritating. Dumb religious bigot. Next time please try to do more research so that you won't end up misleading the gullible.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by JUBILEE2000: 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

OP as a believer there is nothing wrong with eating it! The bible says that we can eat even those things offered to idols but we should give thanks to almighty God for it. However this is for a grounded believer who lives by faith and not fear.

A young believer with doubts shouldnt do so and also a mature believer should not eat it in the presence of an immature believer who still believes that its not right to eat it.....this is for the sake of his faith.

Every food or animal comes from God so be they from Native doctors, juju worshippers, muslims etc feel free to eat if you are spiritually matured to do so. Afterall how would they accept you or your message when you reject their hospitality?

God bless you.

Please can u provide scriptures backing up your claims that Christians should eat food sacrificed to idols. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by gateleo(m): 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
Nobody is begging anyone to eat Salah meat, sincerely the meat is not even enough to share among my colleagues in office and my neighbour.

So.....plsease do not eat.....

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by glogirlie(f): 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2016
heavenly race na personal tin.. u shud know wat u stand for as a Christian.. as for me it is a NO

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by canDy4eva(f): 10:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
Tnkx dear, u said it all...
4everGod:

God bless you.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by rakabuba001(m): 10:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
Op here is a question to answer your question...abeg na for only Christian restaurant you dey chop?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Mbenny(m): 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

God bless you.
you can only eat when you don't know that it was offered to idols, but if you know and eat you are on your own

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
christiengeorge:
my take on this mata is dat we donot have d same doctrine and believe,they reject our messiah as the son of God,they don't share our faith,they see us as infidel.In the voice of paul d apostle."Do not be equally yoked with unbelievers".

[b]I doubt if you are born again and if per chance you are then you need to go back to God for forgiveness and be willing to be led by His spirit and not swallow everything that flows from the mouth of your Pastor hook line and sinker. Even Paul warned the berean Christians not to just swallow all his words but they must search the scriptures to confirm his words with the words of Christ and if they do not match then they should discard his words.

The reason why you were sent by Christ into the world is so you can show the Love of God to them same way Christ showed love to you by being willing to become a sacrifice in your place and get them to see reason why they have to share your faith. Not being unequally yoked with unbelievers talks about deeper things like business relationship or marriage but not when it comes to hospitality of sharing food or breaking bread together.

First of all understand what a yoke is then you would know if it is applicable to meals or something stronger and deeper.[/b]
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Antina(f): 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
They don't eat it dear. They prepare it for the general public and reserve a separate ram for themselves. I have seen that myself several times.

Lies,lies, Big lie

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by JUBILEE2000: 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
fmlala:

The question is; is it in conformity with the holy bible

My answer is yes, read 1 Corinthian 10:27

"If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience."

N.B: Caution must be taking when asking questions that may divide the people along religious or ethnic line, after all, teachings of Jesus Christ is primarily on Love to your God and fellow human beings

The scripture you quoted does not include food sacrificed to idols. Read the same scripture from verse 20
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
JUBILEE2000:

Please can u provide scriptures backing up your claims that Christians should eat food sacrificed to idols. Thanks

1st corinthians 8, 1st Corinthians 10 vs 23-33, Romans 14 vs 1-4

Note the scriptures gave guidelines and did not categorically say all "christians" should eat. The spiritually mature can eat but not in the presence of the immature for the sake of their conscience.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Beamborla(f): 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
As long as you buy meat from the market, I see no reason why you can't eat sallah meat.

They recite the same thing on the meat you buy in the market as well
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Mikeparlo12(m): 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
okosodo:
Very wrong because you are an infidel
what's your definition of infidel.....who de follow you chop the ram sef..stupid fellow
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mbenny:
you can only eat when you don't know that it was offered to idols, but if you know and eat you are on your own

Wrong! As a spiritually matured believer even when you know it was sacrificed to idols you can eat but if there is an immature believer there who also knows it was sacrificed to idols for that ones conscience sake and not yours, you should not eat.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by weaklya: 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
Read Romans 14

But then others have said that
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by canDy4eva(f): 10:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
Did u read dat portion very well??

It wz talkin abt "worship" n nt "eating"

Dey r two diff tinz ok!
spice123:
just continue ok. Read Deut 30: 15-18 and see what you've been doing to yourself. Lolsss My people perish for lack of knowledge
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by wree91: 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
madapcmod:

I don't eat meat sacrificed to Muslim god, sallah meat is a sacrificial meat, get the difference. Meat u chant incantation in Arabic to kill is different from d normal meats slaughtered in abbatoir

I'm sorry to disappoint you but all the animals in the abattoir are slaughtered using the Arabic incantations you are talking about.

My advice is that you become a vegetarian

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by jossyphobia(m): 10:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
just continue ok. Read Deut 30: 15-18 and see what you've been doing to yourself. Lolsss My people perish for lack of knowledge
who and who gave you 11likes. I guess they just like you. people without base. what has that passage got to do with eating of sacrifices? I mean debut 30.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by intergral(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
FriendChoice:

@Ranchhoddas your reply shows you don't understand what he says, and you're busy calling it quite right. Its totally wrong. He says we cast our sins before slaughtering it. Which is wrong. We are not idol worshippers rather we call God name, we submit the Animals to him and slaughter it.

Bismillaahi wallaahu ‘Akbar [Allaahumma minka wa laka] Allaahumma taqabbal minnee.

In the Name of Allah, Allah is the Greatest! [Oh Allah, from You and to You.] Oh Allah, accept it from me.

He also alleged that we cast our sins on the ram we share and hide a separate one to eat. Any Ram, in fact any animal you did not kill with Allah's name, you cannot eat it. God doesn't need your meat, HE doesn't need the blood of the Animals. What he need is the faith in your mind that you believe this Ram is God creature and God made me superior to kill it, he subjected the ram to me. If he wishes the Ram will be the one to kill me. Then Allah I submit Your creature (Ram) to you.

Their meat will not reach Allah , nor will their blood, but what reaches Him is piety from you. Thus have We subjected them to you that you may glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and give good tidings to the doers of good [Quran 22: 37]

My point is there is nothing like separate hidden ram that Allah's name has not been mentioned.

Mode Of Division
It's advisable when you slaughter 1 ram, you divided in to 3. One portion for your neighborhood regardless of who they are etc. The second portion to all the needy, the third portion for yourself. This is only the teaching of the Sunnah not command.

If you eat all the ram without giving it out, your sacrifice is valid

If you give some and keep some, it is still valid

If you dash it all outside, without you eating, it's still valid.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 7.476 Narrated by Salama bin Al Aqua. The Prophet (saws) said: (Of the Sacrifice) eat of it, and feed of it to others, and store of it.
Sir can you kindly ignore this confused set of people.... Shey the ram Abraham sacrificed in the bible was for idol....
. By the way speaking of idol.... According to Google idol means :
an image or representation of a god used as an object of worship. Or a person or thing that is greatly admired, loved, or revered.......
So please check out that dictionary and tell me who is closer to idol.....

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by spice123(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
bqoND:
am sorry dear, You are extremely dull. How can you say something as stupid as that. You just had to say something irritating. Dumb religious bigot. Next time please try to do more research so that you won't end up misleading the gullible.
echi I choro ka m nta anu aturu gi gi were mma bee mu ewu ahausa

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by oniconx: 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
Reading all the comments here I think a lot of people are making out they are more holy than the Pope... Lol. How many unknown source meats in burgers, hotdogs, hotel and conference foods, owanbe parties, etc these holy folks had consumed with passion!
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by spice123(m): 10:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mbenny:
Thank you very much.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by ajisebioyo1(m): 10:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
Not until recently, salah ram is not meant for eating. Even in mecca they killed and leave the ram on the spot where they killed it, then the less privileged may take from it if they like. I'm my own view salah ram's blood is meant for sacrifice and not for eating. Although I used to eat it, but now I can only eat food from my Muslim friends on eid fitrik. Conclusively rams killing in eid kabir is not for celebration but for sacrifice. Neverthelss, if it is for celebration why can't rich people go for big cows for the celebration?. My opinion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon / Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) / 'Magnificent' Ruins From Time Of Jesus Found In Earth's Holiest Site, Jerusalem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.