Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts (15487 Views)

Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics / Current Status Of Workers Salaries In South West Nigeria / Nigerians Rate Buhari High On Economy And Governance - Leadership Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by rlauncher(m): 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
OmoAjowa7:
They're not even largest contributors to the revenue generated from Lagos ports neither are they the major tax payers in Lagos grin cheesy

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/5-million-tax-compliant-lagos-lirs/

Southeasterners contribute less than 10% to tax revenue collected in Lagos.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by rlauncher(m): 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
overall90:
The number one problem with you yorubas is insincerity.
A yoruba guy first opened a thread asking what the SE contributes to the economy even though this issue has been trashed on this forum countless times.
The moderators did not deem it fit to close that thread, then same day an igbo chap opened a counter thread but look at you people trying to make it look like it was the igbo guy that threw the first punch.
Having said, you yorubas should know that you owe whatever you think you have to the fact that Lagos was once the administrative capital of Nigeria with all the injustices upon which the country was built which allowed resources to be taken from one part to be used to develop another.
Ask yourselves why your tribes people in Benin and Togo are very poor.
The day this country breaks up is the day you people will be exposed.

Your post does not make sense. We are talking about southwest Nigeria and not Benin or Togo. Even the roads in Yoruba areas in these West African countries compare favourably with what we have in Lagos. Only those who have not travel to those countries come here talking nonsense.

For your information, the capital of these two countries are actually Yoruba land.

9 Likes

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by rlauncher(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2016
Igboid:
I refuse to see how monies generated from Lagos port amounts to SW contribution to Nigeria, it would have been so if SW was the only coastal region such ports could have been built.

I think the SW through the port constructed there using the revenue generated from the rest of the country are actually parasitic to the rest of the country, as they had enjoyed undue monopolistic advantage as the gateway to the nation and the foreign investments that comes with such.

SW hosting the port is not a contribution, it's a gain she is gaining from Nigeria's unity and stands to lose should the country disintegrate.

Same applies to MMIA.
Though I think this had been tackled before in a counter thread, so I feel to understand why the Yorubas are jumping up here, expecting Ndiigbo to waste precious time on an issue we had already tackled.

Just like saying all the oil and gass investments in SE & SS should not be considered as contributions from the regions. Do you have brain at all.

4 Likes

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by SuperS1Panther: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
rlauncher:

Just like saying all the oil and gass investments in SE & SS should not be considered as contributions from the regions. Do you have brain at all.

The combination of oil that Abia and Imo are generating is not up to that of Ondo alone.

SE is not contributing anything meaningful to the economy.

The report on MSME clearly showed they are still lagging behind others, despite all their mouth.

8 Likes

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by jstbeinhonest(m): 3:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
Chai, this dude is wicked. I don bookmark this thread. Its official now, the SE region is parasitic.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by attackgat: 4:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
OmoAjowa7:
I haven't even added Ondo state's oil contribution sef

I keep hearing this "Ondo has Oil". Can someone tell me which community in Ondo that has Oil? Where is Oil drilled in Ondo and by what Oil company? Using SE as an example, there is Orient Oil drilling in Otu-Ocha, there is Agip in Ohaji-Egbema, Awaza community. There is She'll in Uwka-East in Abia state. So can anyone tell me where Oil is in Ondo and what Oil company is drilling there?
Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by SuperS1Panther: 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2016
attackgat:

I keep hearing this "Ondo has Oil". Can someone tell me which community in Ondo that has Oil? Where is Oil drilled in Ondo and by what Oil company? Using SE as an example, there is Orient Oil drilling in Otu-Ocha, there is Agip in Ohaji-Egbema, Awaza community. There is She'll in Uwka-East in Abia state. So can anyone tell me where Oil is in Ondo and what Oil company is drilling there?

Lol. Yet Ondo keeps collecting 13% derivation funds than is higher than Imo and Abia. FG must be a very nice Father Xmas that loves Ondo and keeps doling money to her for nothing despite not having oil.

Mind you the community is Ilaje Communities with their HQ at Igbokoda and the oil company there is Chevron.

Are you happy now or what do you have to say again?

6 Likes

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
attackgat:

The whole of Ilajeland. From Ugbo to Igbotu are all oil producing settlements. There's Chevron there. Instead
of asking me useless questions, why don't you go ask the FG why Ondo state is receiving 13% derivation, why the
state is a member of NDDC and why Ilaje LG is part of OSOPADEC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Lol. Yet Ondo keep collecting collecting collecting 13% derivation funds than Imo and Abia. FG must be a very nice Father Xmas that loves Ondo and keeps doling money to her for nothing.

Mind you the community is Ilaje Communities with their HQ at Igbokoda and the oil company there is Chevron.

Even Oba Akinruntan the traditional ruler of Ugbo kingdom (The owner of Obat Oil) owns a lot of oil wells in Ugbo land.
That was how we made his wealth. Today, he's the second richest king in Africa

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by SuperS1Panther: 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Even Oba Akinruntan the traditional ruler of Ugbo kingdom (The owner of Obat Oil) owns a lot of oil wells in Ugbo land.
That was how we made his wealth. Today, he's the second richest king in Africa

Yes you are right. I even missed that part.

It is nice to know we are in control of our oil wells both in Ondo and Lagos.

We bidded and won the right to those oil wells that are on our soil and we will not sell the license for a pot of porridge to anybody.

9 Likes

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 4:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

The whole of Ilajeland. From Ugbo to Igbotu are all oil producing settlements. There's Chevron there. Instead
of asking me useless questions, why don't you go ask the FG why Ondo state is receiving 13% derivation, why the
state is a member of NDDC and why Ilaje LG is part of OSOPADEC
The Orient Oil refinery that he refered to is a big scam. Nothing of sort exist, infact the Oil field is still being disputed because it belong to the Ibaji people of Kogi state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Lol. Yet Ondo keeps collecting 13% derivation funds than is higher than Imo and Abia. FG must be a very nice Father Xmas that loves Ondo and keeps doling money to her for nothing despite not having oil.

The Orient Oil refinery that he refered to is a big scam. Nothing of sort exist. Infact the oil field is still being disputed because it belong to the Ibaji people of Kogi state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by SuperS1Panther: 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
The Orient Oil refinery that he refered to is a big scam. Nothing of sort exist, infact the Oil field is still being disputed because it belong to the Ibaji people of Kogi state

Ibaji people from Kogi state nearly erased Aguleri town #Anambra) from the surface of the earth because the refinery was sited on the land of Ibaji people, which are in Kogi State and NC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by SuperS1Panther: 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2016
Mynd44 kindly move this thread to FP, for the world to see the unrivalled contribution of SW to Nigeria and the sacrifice SW people are making by accommodating others from deplorable, war thorn and restive regions in their peaceful and progressive region, for the sake of national unity and peaceful coexistence.

Lol.

6 Likes

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Ibaji people from Kogi state nearly erased Aguleri town #Anambra) from the surface of the earth because the refinery was sited on the land of Ibaji people, which are in Kogi State and NC.

The Oil wells are actually situated deep inside Ibaji territory in Kogi state, the report of the national boundary commission confirmned it so. I remember that the then Deputy Governor of Kogi state, Architect Yomi Awoniyi was a member of that committee. Na wayo wayo sense ibos wan take steal Ibaji oil well but the Igala warriors killed them like sallah ram

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
Mynd44 kindly move this thread to FP, for the world to see the unrivalled contribution of SW to Nigeria and the sacrifice SW people are making by accommodating others from deplorable, war thorn and restive regions in their peaceful and progressive region, for the sake of national unity and peaceful coexistence.

Lol.

Lol I doubt he will move it to the FP. Too Anti-chitgbo to be on the FP lol grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
The Orient Oil refinery that he refered to is a big scam. Nothing of sort exist. Infact the oil field is still being disputed because it belong to the Ibaji people of Kogi state

Attackgat where you dey? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by SuperS1Panther: 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Lol I doubt he will move it to the FP. Too Anti-chitgbo to be on the FP lol grin cheesy

I was just pulling his legs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by SuperS1Panther: 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Attackgat where you dey? cheesy

For where!!!!!!!

Can't you see that they are avoiding this informative, eye opening, and myth bursting thread

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 5:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
OmoAjowa7:
Something funny is happening here. I am at a sallah party organised by one of my moslem buddie. Some ibo guys are also here with us, one of them argued that the construction of Dangote Oil Refinery and petrochemical plant in Lagos is a false report, that it is just a ''mere yoruba media propaganda''

When I showed him, on Nairaland, from my phone, some pics and videos of the refinery construction; he accepted that it is true but foolishly claimed that the money Dangote is using to construct the refinery was stolen from the biafrans.
I just weak

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2016
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
Something funny is happening here. I am at a sallah party organised by one of my moslem buddies. Some ibo guys are also here with us, one of them argued that the construction of Dangote Oil Refinery and petrochemical plant in Lagos is a false report, that it is just a ''mere yoruba media propaganda''

When I showed him, on Nairaland, from my phone, some pics and videos of the refinery construction; he accepted that it is true but foolishly claimed that the money Dangote is using to construct the refinery was stolen from the biafrans.
I just weak

Lol was it not on this forum one told us there are wealthy men in Onitsha that would make Dangote look like
a houseboy cheesy grin

Just some weeks back, one said chitgbos own 90% of the landed properties in Lekki cheesy grin

I was like....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Lol was it not on this forum one told us there are wealthy men in Onitsha that would make Dangote look like
a houseboy cheesy grin

Just some weeks back, one said chitgbos own 90% of the landed properties in Lekki cheesy grin

I was like....

lol grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
Something funny is happening here. I am at a sallah party organised by one of my moslem buddie. Some ibo guys are also here with us, one of them argued that the construction of Dangote Oil Refinery and petrochemical plant in Lagos is a false report, that it is just a ''mere yoruba media propaganda''

I just weak
Only a solution of conc HCl can clean the smudge of false propaganda KANU has deposited in the head of this Ipob youths.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by SuperS1Panther: 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
FFKfuckedBIANCA:

I just weak

Ojukwus and Osus will beat the Devil hands down in lying competition.

I know the guy that supervises most of Dangote's project personally. I have known him for over 7years. He is supervising the Refinery, as usual.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by omofunaab(m): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
This thread is revealing walahi. ..but i don't blame those igbos leaving in onitsha, i blame uncle chukwudi that sells gala in sango and aunty amaka that lines up at night in abeokuta for going back to the village every Christmas to tell his brothers that you see here on nairaland that they are the ones developing southwest..

.abi which work aunty amaka go tell dem for village say she dey do here..

The guy that said amosun owes salaries, well if there is something amosun should be commended for then it's definitely prompt payment of workers salaries.

I stopped blaming amosun when i discovered the so called anambra they shout here doesn't have up to 5 flyovers built by state government while the rest was built by federal whereas ogun has more than 16 flyovers built by amosun alone.

I stopped blaming amosun when i discovered the guy inherited four polytechnic, two universities from pdp.. All effort made to merge them have hit a wall since no community wants development to be moved away from their area. Even with then amosun still pays salaries apart from that of tasce being owed

Ogun has more workforce than anambra, built more roads than anambra..

Even though we want more. ..the little amosun has given us still won't stop the entire south east from playing catch up to ogun state.. .

Ogun and anambra no be mates ..Infact entire south east sef.. .

Parasitic region

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by attackgat: 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Oh that's good. It's good that when people say something, they back it up with facts. However, I don't usually take the Southwest or Yorubas seriously. Anyone, or people, who say they are great but can't stand on their own, eternally looking for 'one Nigeria' are not to be taken serious. Whenever the SW start talking about Oodua Republic, we will know they have come of age.
Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2016
attackgat:

Oh that's good. It's good that when people say something, they back it up with facts. However, I don't usually take the Southwest or Yorubas seriously. Anyone, or people, who say they are great but can't stand on their own, eternally looking for 'one Nigeria' are not to be taken serious. Whenever the SW start talking about Oodua Republic, we will know they have come of age.
shut your trap.
You go about nairaland spitting this same rubbish.
It seems most of you are ignorant of Nigeria history, where was it written in history that Yorubas and Hausas wanted to be part of Nigeria?
It was yeboes that couldn't keep there Igbos in a particular place,hobnobbing and rubbing bumbum with Hausas to form one Nigeria just to spite Yorubas, it was your uncle ironsi that destroyed a vibrant system that was prevented disaster from occurring,it was still your greedy kinsmen that plotted and carried out the first coup that led to a counter coup and series of coup.
Moreover we've read and heard were yebhoes have declared themselves the greatest tribe but couldn't stop trooping to other region and refused a secession clause into the constitution.

10 Likes

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by jneutron4000: 8:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
Hagm0nd:
shut your trap.
It seems most of you are ignorant of Nigeria history, where was it written in history that Yorubas and Hausas wanted to be part of Nigeria?
It was yeboes that couldn't keep there Igbos in a particular place,hobnobbing and rubbing bumbum with Hausas to form one Nigeria just to spite Yorubas, it was your uncle ironsi that destroyed a vibrant system that was prevented disaster from occurring,it was still your greedy kinsmen that plotted and carried out the first coup that led to a counter coup and series of coup.
Moreover we've read and heard were yebhoes have declared themselves the greatest tribe but couldn't stop trooping to other region and refused a secession clause into the constitution.
dont mind that guy. Here is a video I saw on fb where Fela's Mum, some Yoruba elders and Zikwe was negotiating the Freedom before Zik betrayed the South by sticking to One Nigeria https://www.facebook.com/TheYorubaPeople/videos/924560970983225/

5 Likes

Re: The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts by SuperS1Panther: 8:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
Hagm0nd:
shut your trap.

They want secession, yet when secession clause in the constitution was suggested they were the ones that opposed it vehemently.

They hate violence, yet they were the 1st to kill the leaders of regions and they told us host of Angels protected theirs.

They have the greatest army, yet they lost 3millon souls within 2and half years of war and they were resoundingly defeated, whereas Tamil Tiger rebels fought for years in Sri Lanka, FARC rebels have been locked in war with Colombian Govt since 1976 and UNITA waged war with Angola for year, Syria has been in civil for over 5 years they have only lost 500,000 souls, Iraaq has been at war since 2003, they have lost less than 500,000 souls in 13years of war.

They hate yoruba and yet a day can never pass without a bus load of Ekene Dili Ckuhkwu entering SW with some refugee looking people with red mud filled sandals.

They hate northerners and yet Zik formed govt with Balewa, Ekwueme was Shagari's VP, Arthur Nzeribe assisted IBB to annul June 12 and Daniel Kanu ran the Youth Earnestly Asked for Abacha's Campaign YEAA.

They developed Lagos, Kano, PH, Abuja, London, NYC, HK and yet their homeland is in a deplorable conditions. No wonder Indonesians, Malaysians, Indians etc are refusing ''developmental'' help.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Election: Kogi Declares Public Holiday For Schools / Keyamo: There Must Be Penalty For Posting False Information On Social Media / Ubani: Fani-Kayode Must Learn How To Control His Temper In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.