Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? (4734 Views)

A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / You Cannot Be An Atheist And A Free Thinker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by donnffd(m): 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:

You are preaching evolution, aren't you?

What was the first living thing on earth and how did it evolve into all the forms of life on earth today?

Point of correct, i am not preaching anything, Evolution is a fact, whether you accept it or not. I try to educate and thats all i do, i wont bother arguing with you on its validity, its like arguing with someone who believes the earth is flat, timewasting and fruitless.

Now i would give a preamble, Evolution is drived by two factors, Reproduction and Selection.

Life reproduces, how does it do that, by duplicating its DNA(i am certain you know what DNA is and what it does), now during duplication, things dont go as smoothly as expected, they could be copying errors, genes could be duplicated, e.t.c. All these produces a new kind of sequence that codes for a different protein than the one in the parent organism, it would then create a feature that wasnt present in the parent organism even if its miniscule.

Selection is when this feature comes in contact with the environment, if its a beneficial feature, it helps the organism to survive better and it passes its genes to the next generation, and if its not beneficial, then the organism dies off.

With this process repeating itself slowly over aeons of time, you can imagine how future generations would be dramatically different from past generation separated by alot of time.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
donnffd:

Point of correct, i am not preaching anything, Evolution is a fact...

Who or what has proved evolution? What concrete, undeniable proofs exist of evolution?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
donnffd:
Life reproduces, how does it do that, by duplicating its DNA(i am certain you know what DNA is and what it does), now during duplication, things dont go as smoothly as expected, they could be copying errors, genes could be duplicated, e.t.c. All these produces a new kind of sequence that codes for a different protein than the one in the parent organism, it would then create a feature that wasnt present in the parent organism even if its miniscule.

I believe you are talking about mutation. Scientific evidence shows that mutation is rare and when it occurs, has negative effects on organisms that mutate i.e. it is detrimental and destructive to the organisms. Therefore, mutation leads to destruction rather than evolution.

Darwin himself conceded that most mutants are recessive and degenerative.

How then could mutation drive the process of Natural Selection which supposedly produces better species?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by donnffd(m): 5:37pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Who or what has proved evolution? What concrete, undeniable proofs exist of evolution?

1. Fossil records.
2. DNA
3. Comparative Anatomy
4. Embrology
5. Geological distribution
6. Vestigial Organs
7. Common structures

Many more that cannot come to my head now.

Now let me tell you about how we humans are driving evolution, and i could use many examples like bananas, corn, cows e.t.c but i would focus on Dogs.

Dogs are descended from a species of wolves, they were first domesticated about 15000years ago. We humans started controlling their breeding, the features we liked we kept and breed and the ones we dont,we discarded. Now look at the sheer amount of diversity of dogs, we have german Shepard, poodle, pitbull, Rottweiler, Great Dane, Labrador, Husky, bulldog, pug, Dobberman, Chihuahua e.t.c. We did it, we drove this changes in 15000years, imagine what Nature would do in 3.5 billion years.

1 Like

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
donnffd:
Now let me tell you about how we humans are driving evolution, and i could use many examples like bananas, corn, cows e.t.c but i would focus on Dogs.

Dogs are descended from a species of wolves, they were first domesticated about 15000years ago. We humans started controlling their breeding, the features we liked we kept and breed and the ones we dont,we discarded. Now look at the sheer amount of diversity of dogs, we have german Shepard, poodle, pitbull, Rottweiler, Great Dane, Labrador, Husky, bulldog, pug, Dobberman, Chihuahua e.t.c. We did it, we drove this changes in 15000years, imagine what Nature would do in 3.5 billion years.

Oh really? Were you there 15 000 years ago? Or was the person that told you there?

You know, in a bid to make their fables a bit credible, these "scientists" only mention astronomical periods of time. Who was alive 3.5 billion years ago to record evolution?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by adjoviomole(m): 5:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
donnffd:

If you were trying to make a point, it got lost in a lot of fallacies, sorry to say.

First of all, Noone said the Dolphin is a flaw, infact it is a very beautiful creature and highly intelligent. It lives in water and it is perfectly adapted to where it lives, if it wasnt, it would have died out a long time ago.

The Dolphins are mammals, they give birth to there young alive, breath through a blowhole which on close inspection resembles a nostrils, their fins move up and down compared with the fish that moves side to side, they are warm-blooded compared with fishes that are cold-blooded, they have lungs very similar to that of a land animal. These are a few of their features but they are work together to keep the dolphin alive in water.

Now, to my second point, how did the dolphin come about?, was it created by a designer or did it evolve like science claims?.

Well, if a designer wanted to design a sea animal, he would give that animal gills, because we know it comes in handy, keep the animal cold-blooded, its alot better and safer. If we examine fishes, we can deduce that if there was a designer, he or she does already knows how to create a sea-animal then why is the dolphin heavily flawed compared to other sea-animals(fishes). If indeed there was a designer, he was either incompetent and just wanted to experiment or he wasnt paying attention.

Now, lets examine evolution, from evolution, we know mammals are the youngest kids on block, they give birth to their young alive, have lungs for land, are warm-blooded, all of the features dolphins and other cetaceans have, if that is true, then it is possible that dolphins and their ancestors were once land animals that slowly moved to the sea, thats why they are not has good as fishes and also have lots of features that clearly were for land animals.

In conclusion, Evolution does a way better job in explaining why the dolphins have all the features it has today than a designer, although there is still a possibility of an incompetent designer(noone knows).

U can surf the net. The dolphin have been continually used as a flaw of creation by atheist and even here on nairaland too. The dolphin was beautifully created by God that's all.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by donnffd(m): 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I believe you are talking about mutation. Scientific evidence shows that mutation is rare and when it occurs, has negative effects on organisms that mutate i.e. it is detrimental and destructive to the organisms. Therefore, mutation leads to destruction rather than evolution.

Darwin himself conceded that most mutants are recessive and degenerative.

How then could mutation drive the process of Natural Selection which supposedly produces better species?

This is a misconception on what mutation is, and mind you, Darwin never knew anything like genes or DNA, so where you got your idea from that he conceded to mutants is beyond me.

Now whats mutation and those it actually do?, your DNA are made of four nucleotides, Adenine, Thymine, guanine and cytosine. Popularly referred to as A, T, G and C respectively. A binds to T and G binds to C, a string of these nucleotides are called genes and they code for a specific protein that builds up a cell. When pair is replaced, it changes the corresponding output protein, now these protein could be disadvantageous, it could be good, but it does mean mutations is a bad thing, infact every time a cell splits, mutation occurs, it occurs all over your body right now.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by PastorAIO: 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
This is the stupidest thread ever, fully exposing the idiocy that religious brainwashing can reduce you to.

'The atheist said that God made a flaw'. What an idiot!

2 Likes

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by donnffd(m): 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Oh really? Were you there 15 000 years ago? Or was the person that told you there?

You know, in a bid to make their fables a bit credible, these "scientists" only mention astronomical periods of time. Who was alive 3.5 billion years ago to record evolution?

You see what i mean...total waste of time.

I would leave you with this assignment, Read on Radio-dating and how rocks are aged. It should enlighten you abit...takia

1 Like

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by adjoviomole(m): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
PastorAIO:
This is the stupidest thread ever, fully exposing the idiocy that religious brainwashing can reduce you to.

'The atheist said that God made a flaw'. What an idiot!

Its on the net u can surf it. An atheist even used it here on nairaland that if God was perfect why did he create an imperfect dolphin. As we all can see the dolphin is awesomely and beautifully perfect in creation.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 5:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
donnffd:

1. Fossil records.
2. DNA
3. Comparative Anatomy
4. Embrology
5. Geological distribution
6. Vestigial Organs
7. Common structures

It's very funny because fossil records are the greatest undoing of your fairytale called "evolution."

Evolution has it that everything is in the process of changing into another thing. This means that fossil records should reveal an utter absence of precise family boundaries: millions of half-developed fish trying to morph into amphibians, with reptiles half-way transformed into birds and so on.

Now, what have the scientists found? Exactly the opposite. Not one single studied fossil ever shows any sign of trying to change into something else. Everything stays within well defined boundaries, contrary to evolutionist ideas.

Google "the mystery of the empty strata" and see your scientists agree that their evolution is a laughable fable.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by donnffd(m): 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It's very funny because fossil records are the greatest undoing of your fairytale called "evolution."

Evolution has it that everything is in the process of changing into another thing. This means that fossil records should reveal an utter absence of precise family boundaries: millions of half-developed fish trying to morph into amphibians, with reptiles half-way transformed into birds and so on.

Now, what have the scientists found? Exactly the opposite. Not one single studied fossil ever shows any sign of trying to change into something else. Everything stays within well defined boundaries, contrary to evolutionist ideas.

Google "the mystery of the empty strata" and see your scientists agree that their evolution is a laughable fable.

k

2 Likes

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by ValentineMary(m): 7:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Tell us how evolution produced all the different forms of life and how everything that is alive now came from a single cell in the ocean.
There are several theories on this. But all life did not come from one cell. It would lead us to talk about pre biotic chemistry.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by ValentineMary(m): 7:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
felixomor:

Stop deceiving urself, who verified the theory of evolution, that u r talking about?

Very soon u will tell us that because human beings go to toilet, the design is not "intelligent"?

Keep Trying to use a finger to cover the sun with one eye closed, mschew!
Just take a look at this guy. What have u been using ur brain for u should be studying not displaying ignorance on NL.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by EyeHateGod: 7:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
donnffd:

I am guessing you missed biology class when Evolution by Natural selection was taught.

Anyways, if i told you, you would call me a liar, if i explained it to you, you would still say its a lie, so it would be a pure waste of time, Although Evolution by Natural selection is a course and really cant be explained here, so if you really want to know, go to the library, do some internet research, i am positive you would get materials that explain to you how it works and if at the end, you still ask the question you ask, then all i can say is,"more grace to your elbows".
cheesy Guy this Is Nigeria they Don't teach that In Biology
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
ValentineMary:

There are several theories on this. But all life did not come from one cell. It would lead us to talk about pre biotic chemistry.

Prithee, tell us about pre-biotic chemistry and how life came to be.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by EyeHateGod: 7:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
donnffd:

You see what i mean...total waste of time.

I would leave you with this assignment, Read on Radio-dating and how rocks are aged. It should enlighten you abit...takia
Guy Stop no waste ya time again but Do u know they now teach Evolution in Church? And we have so many Christian website Explaining it?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
You see, African atheists are very funny. They claim they don't have a religion yet they practise a funny religion well-thought out by white men masquerading as rationalists. They are made to believe that they reason with their head, and therefore are not brainwashed.

To confuse and keep them spell-bound, Charles Darwin, their prophet, came up with a fable called Evolution. They were then taught that their ancestors were formerly worms; then they became toads, lizards, monkeys, apes and finally they are here.

But what man who thinks with his head would accept and hold as truth a laughable fable such as evolution? That not only makes its believers very credulous, but degrades their very existence? That teaches them that there is no difference between them and a goat? That removes all sorts of purpose from their existence and then ascribes the name "higher animal" to them?

To sum up the whole joke, Charles Darwin explicitly said that his fable, evolution, has no proof, not even of fossil records.

1 Like

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by felixomor: 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
ValentineMary:

Just take a look at this guy. What have u been using ur brain for u should be studying not displaying ignorance on NL.

Out of Point!

Doesn't cover your fallacy.

Try harder!
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by analice107: 8:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
blessedvisky:
Crocodiles are reptiles, same with turtles, but they are aquatic.
Oh, sorry.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
When it looked like the farce which is Evolution would be unmasked and seen for the fairytale it was, it laid claim to scientificity. The white men forced it into school curriculums and proclaimed it a scientific fact.

This is not only a sin against education, but a gross transgression of the dictates of noble science. At best, Evolution is only qualified to be a hypothesis. But No! Anything to discredit the Creator.

Then the white men proceeded to tell them that anybody who believed anything other than evolution is brainwashed, deluded, deceived, etc. They told them that Faith in a Creator is not only folly but also gross ignorance.

Pray tell, does it not take much more faith to believe you descended from a worm? Does it not take even much more faith to believe you came into being by chance?

"But no, you are enlightened. Believe us and our evolution story, and you will become wise."

"Yessir!"

"Meanwhile, bear in mind, you are not worshipping any god."

"That's true sir!"

The irony.

1 Like

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by cloudgoddess(f): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:
You see, African atheists are very funny. They claim they don't have a religion yet they practise a funny religion well-thought out by white men masquerading as rationalists. They are made to believe that they reason with their head, and therefore are not brainwashed.

To confuse and keep them spell-bound, Charles Darwin, their prophet, came up with a fable called Evolution. They were then taught that their ancestors were formerly worms; then they became toads, lizards, monkeys, apes and finally they are here.

But what man who thinks with his head would accept and hold as truth a laughable fable such as evolution? That not only makes it believers very credulous, but degrades their very existence? That teaches them that there is no difference between them and a goat? That removes all sorts of purpose from their existence and then ascribes the name "higher animal" to them?

To sum up the whole joke, Charles Darwin explicitly said that his fable, evolution, has no proof, not even of fossil records.
How annoying, geez undecided

You beg and beg for him to explain, only to respond with the same defensive trash & ignorance that he explicitly stated would make it a waste of his time. If you're not willing to learn then go sit down somewhere with your comforting creationist apologetics, & stop pretending you actually want to understand evolution when you don't.

1 Like

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by ValentineMary(m): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Prithee, tell us about pre-biotic chemistry and how life came to be.
There are several hypothesis from abiogenesis to extra terrestrial life. But pre biotic chemistry deals with abiogenesis
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by donnffd(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Guy Stop no waste ya time again but Do u know they now teach Evolution in Church? And we have so many Christian website Explaining it?

Wow, thats pretty impressive...it would make lot of sense if it came from churches themselves, that way the blind followers would just do what they know how to do best, blindly follow.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
cloudgoddess:

How annoying, geez undecided

You beg and beg for him to explain, only to respond with the same defensive trash & ignorance that he explicitly stated would make it a waste of his time. If you're not willing to learn then go sit down somewhere with your comforting creationist apologetics, & stop pretending you actually want to understand evolution when you don't.

No, dear. Nobody understands evolution. Not even the people that came up with the story. They just needed something to believe other than the true Creator. Nobody understands how the earth doesn't bear a single evidence that reptiles once became birds and yet "scientists" teach and preach such.

It's faith, dear. Faith. That same faith they called folly. You see, it takes nothing short of a mammoth-sized faith to believe that you descended from a worm.

1 Like

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
ValentineMary:

There are several hypothesis from abiogenesis to extra terrestrial life. But pre biotic chemistry deals with abiogenesis

Abiogenesis. Sounds like spontaneous generation, no?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by raphieMontella: 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:

evolution is a fact tho..
here..proofs of evolution
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by adjoviomole(m): 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
raphieMontella:

Evolution has no proof..the so called link u provided you will see lots of words like' would have, should be, must have been- all this are words of probability, that is all your so called scientist are not sure, but they just say them based on probability, and that is not a fact. Is it?

1 Like

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by raphieMontella: 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
adjoviomole:

Evolution has no proof..the so called link u provided you will see lots of words like' would have, should be, must have been- all this are words of probability, that is all your so called scientist are not sure, but they just say them based on probability, and that is not a fact. Is it?
actually you didnt open that ''link''..
Calm down a bit..and read that link objectively if you truly want to learn..if its anger you're hellbent on..nvm...
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
raphieMontella:

Now let us examine what experts in evolution have to say about it:

DARWIN: "To the question why we do not find rich fossiliferous deposits belonging to these assumed earliest periods prior to the Cambrian system I can give no satisfactory answer ... the case at present must remain inexplicable; and may truly be urged as a valid argument against the views here entertained" (On the Origin of Species, p.309)

Darwin agrees somebody can actually and correctly undo his fairytale.

G.G. Simpson, the "crown prince of evolution: "Search for the cause evolution has been abandoned. It is now clear that evolution has no single cause" (The Geography of Evolution, p.17).

Oh really, Simpson? I thought you understood evolution? Is it now a mystery?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 10:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
raphieMontella,

Hear G. G. SIMPSON, the crown prince of evolution speak about Natural Selection, the supposed driving force of evolution:

"It might be argued that the theory is quite unsubstantiated and has status only as a speculation" (Major Features, pp. 118, 119).

Eh, Simpson good sir? Speculation you say? Yet you cling tenaciously to it and preach it in the name of science? Are you any different from people who believe Creation?

Hypocrisy?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by EyeHateGod: 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
donnffd:

Wow, thats pretty impressive...it would make lot of sense if it came from churches themselves, that way the blind followers would just do what they know how to do best, blindly follow.
This is Why it's Hard actually Explaining it to them If u can Recommend A book for Him fine Or a Credible Website Well great! U have no idea how much the Christians have spent just trying to Debunk Evolution And Carbon dating! And the other Millions spent to actually prove Jesus Actually Existed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Duality Nature Of Jesus Christ / 5 Strange Things About The Church Called COZA / What Is The Logical Way To Prove That God Exists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.