Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? (4731 Views)

A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / You Cannot Be An Atheist And A Free Thinker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by CoolUsername: 11:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Now let us examine what experts in evolution have to say about it:

DARWIN: "To the question why we do not find rich fossiliferous deposits belonging to these assumed earliest periods prior to the Cambrian system I can give no satisfactory answer ... the case at present must remain inexplicable; and may truly be urged as a valid argument against the views here entertained" (On the Origin of Species, p.309)

Darwin agrees somebody can actually and correctly undo his fairytale.

G.G. Simpson, the "crown prince of evolution: "Search for the cause evolution has been abandoned. It is now clear that evolution has no single cause" (The Geography of Evolution, p.17).

Oh really, Simpson? I thought you understood evolution? Is it now a mystery?

This Precambrian nonsense again? Soft bodied animals find it incredibly difficult to fossilize. Simple.

The flatworm is a fantastic example. It has over 4,000 species and can be found almost everywhere on land and in water. But guess what? Not one fossil has been found. Why? Because it lacks a solid skeleton.

Going by your logic then, we should say that flatworms popped into existence yesterday.

I'm not here to argue but I don't like the spread of misinformation. Understand what you are arguing against before parroting ready-made arguments against it.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by adjoviomole(m): 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
raphieMontella:

actually you didnt open that ''link''..
Calm down a bit..and read that link objectively if you truly want to learn..if its anger you're hellbent on..nvm...

Go tru d link urself again and read between the lines. You will see its all predictions, probabilities. The person who wrote the article is not certain yet but only speculating all based of probability
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by raphieMontella: 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Now let us examine what experts in evolution have to say about it:

DARWIN: "To the question why we do not find rich fossiliferous deposits belonging to these assumed earliest periods prior to the Cambrian system I can give no satisfactory answer ... the case at present must remain inexplicable; and may truly be urged as a valid argument against the views here entertained" (On the Origin of Species, p.309)
i hope u know darwin died in 1882?
This is 2016..
Mind you..fossilization is not ABC..

G.G. Simpson, the "crown prince of evolution: "Search for the cause evolution has been abandoned. It is now clear that evolution has no single cause" (The Geography of Evolution, p.17).

Oh really, Simpson? I thought you understood evolution? Is it now a mystery?
albert einstein was wrong about quantum entanglement...does it make wave matter duality collapse function a lie?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:09pm On Sep 12, 2016
CoolUsername:

This Precambrian nonsense again? Soft bodied animals find it incredibly difficult to fossilize. Simple.

The flatworm is a fantastic example. It has over 4,000 species and can be found almost everywhere on land and in water. But guess what? Not one fossil has been found. Why? Because it lacks a solid skeleton.

Going by your logic then, we should say that flatworms popped into existence yesterday.

I'm not here to argue but I don't like the spread of misinformation. Understand what you are arguing against before parroting ready-made arguments against it.

Does Dr. Austin Clark of the US National Museum agree?

"Strange as it may seem ... mollusks were mollusks just as unmistakably as they are now" (The New Evolution: zoogenesis, p.101).
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by raphieMontella: 11:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:
raphieMontella,

Hear G. G. SIMPSON, the crown prince of evolution speak about Natural Selection, the supposed driving force of evolution:

"It might be argued that the theory is quite unsubstantiated and has status only as a speculation" (Major Features, pp. 118, 119).

Eh, Simpson good sir? Speculation you say? Yet you cling tenaciously to it and preach it in the name of science? Are you any different from people who believe Creation?

Hypocrisy?
this is not a valid argument sir..
Well..i didnt even want to argue...
In your spare time...enter that site i gave you...bit by bit...then you will know why theistic evolutionists take up as much as 31 percent in the u.s
ts clearly detailed..and authorative
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
raphieMontella:

i hope u know darwin died in 1882?
This is 2016..
Mind you..fossilization is not ABC..

albert einstein was wrong about quantum entanglement...does it make wave matter duality collapse function a lie?

Quantum theory was proven experimentally. It has application today.

Who proved evolution? Is the proof clear and unambigous? Or are they speculations?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by raphieMontella: 11:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Quantum theory was proven experimentally. It has application today.

Who proved evolution? Is the proof clear and unambigous? Or are they speculations?
the site i gave you is there..
and i repeat..evolution is a fact as quatum theory is...
Cheers
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
CoolUsername:

Since no fossils exist of the PreCambrian animals, how did scientists know they existed? Inspiration? Guessing?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:33pm On Sep 12, 2016
Coolusername,

The Cambrian is the last stratum of the descending levels that has any fossils in it. All the lower strata below the Cambrian have absolutely no fossil record of life other than some single- celled types such as bacteria and algae. Why not? The Cambrian layer is full of all the major kinds of animals found today except the vertebrates. In other words, there is nothing primitive about the structure of these most ancient fossils known to man. Essentially, they compare with the complexity of current living creatures. But the big question is: Where are their ancestors? Where are all the evolving creatures that should have led up to these highly developed fossils? According to the theory of evolution, the Precambrian strata should be filled with more primitive forms of these Cambrian fossils in the process of evolving upward.

What happened? Where are the fossils in the process of turning into those found in the Cambrian?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
raphieMontella:
the site i gave you is there.. and i repeat..evolution is a fact as quatum theory is... Cheers
Says the white man, right?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by CoolUsername: 11:37pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Since no fossils exist of the PreCambrian animals, how did scientists know they existed? Inspiration? Guessing?

Trace fossils, stromatoliths, etc. You really shouldn't be asking this.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by CoolUsername: 11:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Coolusername,

The Cambrian is the last stratum of the descending levels that has any fossils in it. All the lower strata below the Cambrian have absolutely no fossil record of life other than some single- celled types such as bacteria and algae. Why not? The Cambrian layer is full of all the major kinds of animals found today except the vertebrates. In other words, there is nothing primitive about the structure of these most ancient fossils known to man. Essentially, they compare with the complexity of current living creatures. But the big question is: Where are their ancestors? Where are all the evolving creatures that should have led up to these highly developed fossils? According to the theory of evolution, the Precambrian strata should be filled with more primitive forms of these Cambrian fossils in the process of evolving upward.

What happened? Where are the fossils in the process of turning into those found in the Cambrian?

The Cambrian is full of hard bodies animals. Fossilization needs a hard framework in order to mineralize. This factor, along with the metamorphosis of rock. It would be difficult to decipher the origin of the minerals present. Science only works with evidence.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
CoolUsername:

The Cambrian is full of hard bodies animals. Fossilization needs a hard framework in order to mineralize. This factor, along with the metamorphosis of rock. It would be difficult to decipher the origin of the minerals present. Science only works with evidence.

Evolution is a smooth process with no clear-cut boundaries, right? Where are the fossils of the animals just about to turn into those found in the Cambrian?

The Precambrian contains only bacteria and algae: do you jump from bacteria to the animals found in the cambrian in the process of evolution?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by CoolUsername: 12:11am On Sep 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Evolution is a smooth process with no clear-cut boundaries, right? Where are the fossils of the animals just about to turn into those found in the Cambrian?

The Precambrian contains only bacteria and algae: do you jump from bacteria to the animals found in the cambrian in the process of evolution?

The animals just about to turn into the ones in the Cambrian were probably just classified with the points in the Cambrian. You just said it yourself that there are no clear-cut boundaries so that means that every classification would be fuzzy at the edges, right? It makes it kind of dishonest to ask this question.

Also, there are trace fossils of multicellular organisms before the Cambrian explosion in the late Precambrian. I hope I have satisfied your curiosity.

Now I want to ask you, if not evolution, then what?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:25am On Sep 13, 2016
CoolUsername:

The animals just about to turn into the ones in the Cambrian were probably just classified with the points in the Cambrian. You just said it yourself that there are no clear-cut boundaries so that means that every classification would be fuzzy at the edges, right? It makes it kind of dishonest to ask this question.

Also, there are trace fossils of multicellular organisms before the Cambrian explosion in the late Precambrian. I hope I have satisfied your curiosity.

Now I want to ask you, if not evolution, then what?

Probably classified? Probably? Is that an evidence for evolution? I didn't ask for their classification. I asked for the fossils of the animals just about to turn into those found in the Cambrian: where are they?

GOD created the heavens and the earth, and all that is in them, both seen and unseen.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by CoolUsername: 12:36am On Sep 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Probably classified? Probably? Is that an evidence for evolution? I didn't ask for their classification. I asked for the fossils of the animals just about to turn into those found in the Cambrian: where are they?

GOD created the heavens and the earth, and all that is in them, both seen and unseen.

Did you not read what I wrote about trace fossils of the late Cambrian? It is sad that people take the pains to research and answer your questions when you're not even going to read them.

Anyway, if you believe God created the earth. Was it like the Bible said? Or better still, tell me your theory.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:41am On Sep 13, 2016
CoolUsername:

Did you not read what I wrote about trace fossils of the late Cambrian? It is sad that people take the pains to research and answer your questions when you're not even going to read them.

Anyway, if you believe God created the earth. Was it like the Bible said? Or better still, tell me your theory.

Yes. Just as the Bible relates it. GOD created everything, in His Wisdom.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by CoolUsername: 12:49am On Sep 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Yes. Just as the Bible relates it. GOD created everything, in His Wisdom.

So why were you talking about the Cambrian explosion when it goes against everything the bible says about creation?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:57am On Sep 13, 2016
CoolUsername:

So why were you talking about the Cambrian explosion when it goes against everything the bible says about creation?

I was just trying to debunk evolution with logic. You see, any lie will finally checkmate itself, but truth stands criticism.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by ValentineMary(m): 7:34am On Sep 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Abiogenesis. Sounds like spontaneous generation, no?
Yes
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by PastorAIO: 8:24am On Sep 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

raphieMontella:

evolution is a fact tho..
here..proofs of evolution

people like to get so confused.

There is a difference between Evolution on the one hand, and Darwin's Theory of Evolution by natural Selection on the other hand.

Evolution is a FACT!!

Darwin's theory to explain the fact of Evolution is open to debate and can possibly be disproven.

It's like Gravity. There is Gravity. That is a fact.
Newton's theory of Gravity however is not a fact but a theory and someone can possibly come up with a better theory to explain the fact of Gravity. Like indeed Einstein did with his Theory of Relativity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by raphieMontella: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2016
PastorAIO:

people like to get so confused.

There is a difference between Evolution on the one hand, and Darwin's Theory of Evolution by natural Selection on the other hand.

Evolution is a FACT!!

Darwin's theory to explain the fact of Evolution is open to debate and can possibly be disproven.

It's like Gravity. There is Gravity. That is a fact.
Newton's theory of Gravity however is not a fact but a theory and someone can possibly come up with a better theory to explain the fact of Gravity. Like indeed Einstein did with his Theory of Relativity.
like its undeniable that homo neanderthals were ancestors of europeans right?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by felixomor: 8:56am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

Evolution has no proof..the so called link u provided you will see lots of words like' would have, should be, must have been- all this are words of probability, that is all your so called scientist are not sure, but they just say them based on probability, and that is not a fact. Is it?

Allow him to keep telling broad daylight lies.

The funniest thing is that many of them dont even know the caliber of people they are talking to,

They would force themselves and start blabbing "scientific" jargon overnight just in an attempt to backup non-belief and sin.

SMH undecided
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by raphieMontella: 9:04am On Sep 13, 2016
felixomor:

The funniest thing is that many of them dont even know the caliber of people they are talking to,

They would force themselves and start blabbing "scientific" jargon overnight just in an attempt to backup non-belief and sin.

SMH undecided
are you a feeble minded chicken or something?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by adjoviomole(m): 9:04am On Sep 13, 2016
felixomor:

SMH undecided

The worst part is dat, dey copy and paste from all this atheist sites, without any knowledge demself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by felixomor: 10:01am On Sep 13, 2016
raphieMontella:

are you a feeble minded chicken or something?

Out of point!

Stay on topic wink
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by PastorAIO: 10:47am On Sep 13, 2016
adjoviomole:

Its on the net u can surf it. An atheist even used it here on nairaland that if God was perfect why did he create an imperfect dolphin. As we all can see the dolphin is awesomely and beautifully perfect in creation.

Please try to think. Is the position of the Atheist that God is not perfect? Or is his position that God does not exist?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by PastorAIO: 10:49am On Sep 13, 2016
raphieMontella:

like its undeniable that homo neanderthals were ancestors of europeans right?

Well, I don't know about that, but what I do know is the Evolution occurs. Just who was who's ancestor is beyond my knowledge.
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by raphieMontella: 11:08am On Sep 13, 2016
PastorAIO:

Well, I don't know about that, but what I do know is the Evolution occurs. Just who was who's ancestor is beyond my knowledge.
lemme rephrase...
Micro evolution is what u mean right?
Then disputable is macro...?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by PastorAIO: 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
raphieMontella:

lemme rephrase...
Micro evolution is what u mean right?
Then disputable is macro...?

Nope! Macro,... Micro, .. Meso... any adjective you want to use to qualify it, Evolution is a fact!
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by CoolUsername: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I was just trying to debunk evolution with logic. You see, any lie will finally checkmate itself, but truth stands criticism.

Your efforts were a failure though. How do you account for the fossil record and radiometric dating?
Re: Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? by adjoviomole(m): 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
PastorAIO:

Please try to think. Is the position of the Atheist that God is not perfect? Or is his position that God does not exist?

Please liv me alone. I don't even understand wot u are saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PRAYER PROGRAMME : STOPPING THE STOPPERS OF YOUR FOUNDATION. / Why You Hate Islam / What's That Thing Said By The Preacher That Compelled You To Repent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.