Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Choices - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Choices (236306 Views)

Choices / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / Ten Choices You Will Regret In 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choices by domido(m): 10:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hhhmmm!! This is going to be a long story we have in our hands as things turn up.

Thank you Solomon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2017
Chapter 6
Understanding

I got back into the explorer and put on my seatbelt but those processes were more like involuntary processes because my mind was far from where I was at that moment. Maddy’s condition wasn’t cool at all, I couldn’t understand if it was because she was too surprised to see me again or couldn’t probably ascertain where she had seen my face because I saw the look in her eyes – she knew quite alright but where,was the unanswered question. But her actions after walking up to me disproved that theory of not knowing where she had seen me; being unable to touch me even if she really wanted to showed that she knew and the memories of us were probably rushing back into her head. The painful way in which we separated could have been the last of the memories and that was why she left, crying as she did.

The latter theory seemed more believable than the first which clearly shows that I was far more important to her than I had thought but why she played the game she did when we dated despite this truth made no sense to me. Maddy was far more matured than any girl I dated back then and was more experienced even before I started understanding the complexities called women and so, wouldn’t want to indulge in this play-hard-to-get nonsense so that couldn’t be why she kept that fact that she loved more than I even did from me. I hissed because trying to understand the Okoh’ was like solving calculus, they were just so difficult.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t know when we got home, I mean Eve’ place, she stopped the car and got out, I followed too. It wasn’t until I got to the living room that I realized that she was still crying after her sister snubbed her yet again. The pains from the consistent snubs and her sister calling the cops on her must be why she wanted to ruin me; she had all the motivation she needed. Anyway, I cared less if she was crying or in pains, she deserved all she was getting. She must have laughed her arse off when she saw me weeping like a kid after Dotun’s marriage, I couldn’t do the same now but ignoring her could bring about the same effect.

So I ignored her and went for my phone and called Ore,
“Solo, how are you?” She asked excited as soon as she picked.

“I am well, how about you?”

“Fine oh, still getting used to yelling at people, that has never been part of me.”

“Yeah, but you have to if you want efficiency, not everyone loves their jobs there, sometimes you have to remind them.”

“Here goes the counselor again, guess what though.”

“What?”

“Your mum came by your office yesterday and really wanted to see you but I told her you had travelled for business. She looked really sad; I really don’t know what’s up between you too?”

“Oh, she suddenly remembers she has a son now after distancing herself from me for months? Well, I don’t care if she is sad or whatever, I am done with them for now.”

“How can you say you are done with your own family, are you nuts?”

“Look Ore, I don’t want to go into all that now, I am done and that’s it. I have to go now, will call by another time.”

“Alright, bye.”

I dropped my phone and really wanted to return to my movies but decided otherwise as I had a specific time frame to remain here, I had to be quick with what I was doing and return back to my life. I dropped the phone and went in search of Eve, found her in the kitchen cutting some spices in preparation to whatever she had in mind for dinner.
“Eve.”

“What?” She snapped.

“Hey, don’t talk to me like that…”

“Like what?”

“Snapping at me, as I sure know I aint the cause of whenever is keeping you in a foul mood.”

“Sure you are, my sister still loves you despite what you did but me who didn’t do anything is the one she doesn’t want to have nothing to do with it.”

“That’s what love can do and Maddy’ refusal to recognize you is her decision and the blame shouldn’t be hinged on me, so stop with the childish behavior. Besides if she suddenly hates you so much that she has refused to even acknowledge that you live then I believe that you must have done something really horrible to upset her.”

“Oh shut up, even you know that it is all you. I and my sister had the best of relationships until you brought your black arse into her life, ruined it everything that mattered to her and then disappeared just like you came…”

“…Stop with the assumptions already, it’s sickening. Your sister refused to see me after the whole cheating saga which wasn’t true anyway as we weren’t in a relationship. I came by to see her but she didn’t even allow me into her house and despite my best efforts to have a one on one discussion with her, she proved difficult and before I knew she was out of Ibadan and quickly, to the states. I won’t be the first to hurt someone I care about but Maddy didn’t give me the chance to make up for what happened. She left and I thought she had moved on…”

“…But she didn’t and that you have seen for yourself today, so maybe you should be thinking of fixing the problem instead of going about what no cares of. The point is that; she has no life anymore because of you, so get on with solving it.” She said and then rolled her eyes before she continued with her cooking. I didn’t like what she said and decided to say something that would surely hurt her.

“You know I have been thinking and I still don’t understand why you are so involved in all this because frankly, it isn’t your business with what happens with your sister’ boyfriends and love life and surely not your fight against who hurts her or who doesn’t. You are what now, twenty-eight and you barely have a life except a personal vendetta against who did no wrong other than reject your ugly arse. I think this whole situation is getting clearer now; I think you did something against your sister’ wishes and since you knew you had lost her, you decided to come for the one thing she really cares for – me, but you knew I wouldn’t help until you had me in your palms, now the question is; what did you do to upset her?”

I watched as Eve’ body stiffened a bit but that reaction didn’t last, she quickly got over herself and returned to removing the bones in the fish she was now putting in the pot. I might not have been entirely correct with my theory but there was some truth in what I said. She didn’t reply me and never did. I returned to my phone and continued with my movies, now on a beautiful mind. Food was ready but I refused to eat whenever she cooked because I didn’t want to, I went for cocoa pods and milk. My refusal to eat really pissed her off and as soon as she was done with her food and doing the dishes, she went up to her room. I slept off on the couch and woke up just as she was about to leave for her morning jog. I didn’t greet and neither did she, I went up to the bathroom and had a thorough bath and then once tried to get into her room but as usual, it was locked.

Frustrated, I went to the kitchen and ate even more junks in biscuits and tea, I was getting tired of eating such foods but I wasn’t ready to add more responsibilities to my already congested list by becoming her chef. I was just doing the dishes when she returned from her run in tight lycra pants and shirt just like her sister’ of the previous day. The wear showed just how amazing her body was; long legs, curvy frame, big boobs and a matching butt to go with it. She was dark skinned and fvcking hot but yet there was no sign that she had any man or even a woman in her life. I haven’t heard anyone calling concerning such things; she barely laughs or smiles except when greeting the neighbours. Eve was a really beautiful woman and extremely smart, a combination that most men would die for but something was wrong with her, something I couldn’t point out yet.

She had her shower and soon returned to the living room on a short robe and took her seat on the couch farthest from me, which meant she was still angry with me, not that I cared anyway.

“When are we leaving to see your Sister?” I asked. I thought she wouldn’t answer but she did,

“We can’t go there today because she doesn’t go out running today and will be indoor all through and so, we won’t be able to see her, remember we can’t just go in except if we want the cops involved. We have to wait till tomorrow when she goes running again.”

“Okay, so what do we do till then?” I asked a silly question,

“Continue with what you have been doing all day – using your phone.” She replied coldly and continued with watching TV.

“Why aren’t you in a relationship?” I asked, seeking for trouble. She raised her eyebrows and asked,

“How do you know I am not in any?”

“It’s glaring, there is no need to deny that, which is why I am curious to know your reasons.” She stared at me a little, probably trying to know why where I was headed.

“Why do you care?” she asked.

“I am just curious, I think you should have someone that loves you other than your sister, you know, someone you love too.” She smiled genuinely for the first time and said something I wasn’t expecting.

“Oh, I did and still do but he hurt my feelings and still doing so, even till now.”

“How do you mean?” I asked, confused.

“You know what I mean, stop playing dumb.” She said flatly and returned to her programme. Okay, I thought I had an idea of what said earlier but she couldn’t possibly mean that I had been the only person she fell in love with, wait; how could she have fallen for me in the first place?

“Is this why you keep saying that this had always been about me?”

“Finally, you are seeing the big picture. I told you I and my sister share everything between us but in your case, we both fell in love with you which wasn’t supposed to be. Maddy decided against doing what had been always been the norm between us, well let’s say I didn’t like her decision. Things didn’t go too well after that and I kept my distance which slowly started building a wall between us and when you hurt her and she ran back home, I was unwillingly at first to help with her heartbreak. I guess grieving alone has twisted her or something and she now sees me for the evil person instead of you.”

“What you just said made no sense, because regardless of what you either did or shared before I came into the picture, your sister fell in love and if you truly loved her, you should have left her with her relationship.”

“And I fvcking did, I left her alone and what happened, she got her heart broken by a kid, so what are you trying to paint here?” She suddenly screamed.

“I am saying that you are lying about what happened between you too, it wasn’t about you not being there.”

“Alright, yes, yes, yes, I lied, I fvcking lied, okay? I got angry about what you did and since you rejected me only to go out and fvck another bittch when I was willing and ready should you decide to fvck someone else apart from my sister, I decided to come after you. Maddy was against it but I refused to listen, I took my time and I gave back what you did to her in your own coin but when Maddy got to know, she flew into a rage and that didn’t seem to have endedeven till now. She stopped talking to me or my Dad or anyone who was family for that matter and all this happened because you couldn’t stick your d.ick in one womanliness.” She said, still raising her voice.

My mind seemed to have stopped working after what she just said and my own rage started coming up slowly as the truth was finally out; the bittch ruined me because I rejected her.

“You snake! Because I refused to what, fvck you, you ruined my life and right now, just ended the one person who can put up with your madness. You think you are invinsible, huh? Not to worry…” I caught myself quickly and held back my tongue, I was in the states not in Nigeria, and here, threats are not smiled at. I held myself from kicking something and went up to my room. I knew what I had to do now and I was so going to hurt her, I was ready to fvck her up. I lost Dotun and my family because of a psycho and her ego? My life was clearly just a joke.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choices by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
Wait.... Like seriously,Eve is just joking,right?.
I mean...she did all that just cause he didn't screw her?. And now her sis is ....*clears throat*...upstairs?. Na wa o. She needs 6hours of prayers and 24hours flogging.
Great story solomonbrown64. Thumbs up!
#following#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choices by Hurklan(m): 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
Which it continue..... But

1 Like

Re: Choices by domido(m): 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
Mehnnnn!!! This babe na kolomental

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choices by Deejay1000(m): 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
undecidedNawao!!!!! this eve of a qal is the real devil here o. cos you refused bleeping her she is trying to destroy your life

1 Like

Re: Choices by Daeveed(m): 5:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
Sh*t !!.. Does It Really Hurt To Reject A Girl..?? angry shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choices by nastynic(m): 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2017
chai.....

FEAR GIRLS!

1 Like

Re: Choices by Charlesdock(m): 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
Eve!!! This Eve is the kololicious fellow in this story grin ruining someone's life because of his d*ck. Who does that?

2 Likes

Re: Choices by Ibunkun1(m): 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
Waoh,that Is Nt Love In D First Place

1 Like

Re: Choices by Charlesdock(m): 1:21am On Jan 11, 2017
Jagugu88li come and read this one too. Quite interesting and educative.

1 Like

Re: Choices by eitsei(m): 8:24am On Jan 11, 2017
nastynic:
chai.....

FEAR GIRLS!
all because of a dicck undecided look at how far she has destroyed someone's life

1 Like

Re: Choices by nastynic(m): 9:17am On Jan 11, 2017
eitsei:
all because of a dicck undecided look at how far she has destroyed someone's life
there is God oooh!

This story is a strict lesson for me
play boy mood deactivating......80%......90%

1 Like

Re: Choices by eitsei(m): 10:30am On Jan 11, 2017
nastynic:
there is God oooh!

This story is a strict lesson for me
play boy mood deactivating......80%......90%
lol... It's good ó.. Some people don't know how to move on they think destroying their ex will make them happy but they are wrong

1 Like

Re: Choices by Harridwan(m): 10:48am On Jan 11, 2017
Daeveed:
Sh*t !!.. Does It Really Hurt To Reject A Girl..?? angry shocked
You
don't
wanna
find
out

2 Likes

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 11:10am On Jan 11, 2017
Chapter 6 cont'd
*******************************************"*****

".....You are not the girl I use to know...you are a shadow of yourself.... I think I lost you long ago, like a book that left the shelf....."
I sang along with Dare's as that was the only thing that could calm me down as I didn't have any access to chilled carbonated drinks any more. I had to sing even if I knew nothing about Eve back then when we first met except the fact that she was weird but now I knew that she was more than that, she was actually crazy and perhaps the one sick in the head and not her sister.

Eve has been crying since I left in my rage and that was at least five hours ago, she hasn't stopped with her irritating tears and I have refused to comfort her because I didn't trust myself to do just that; I could probably hurt her. How could she have had me in mind for so many years because I couldn't see myself banging two sisters? It was something I couldn't wrap my head around and then suddenly, she claims to be in love with me, how does one fall in love without actually meeting or getting to know the person she claims to love: what sort of love is that?

I rejected her when she was still a teenager and that might have really affected her crazy hormones and when Baby Maddy ran back to the States, she thought payback was the best option to express how I had hurt her too in refusing to do what she wanted. The whole thing was funny because the very reason why I didn't want to do it was what later happened but then it was too late and I didn't see that the bittch had fallen already. Turning my eyes from the body that has only evolved to even a better form probably made me more irresistible to her and now I just didn't have my work cut out with a woman who suddenly hates the world but an overly obsessive woman who thinks I am hers for her sole pleasure. Mehn, Solo, you don suffer.

I had fallen asleep thinking of the whole situation and woke up with a slight headache as I had barely eaten much the last few days and yet, had burn more calories than the ones I took in. I looked at the time to see that it was already past eight in the evening and yet I had no clue on what I intended to eat or how to prepare something solid.

I stood up nonetheless and headed for the kitchen, because I knew I had to eat before I could think of a way around this problem I had found myself in. I came down the stairs to find Eve asleep on the couch facing the TV, there was nothing peculiar about what she was doing except the fact her robe had gotten up probably due to her tossing around the couch and changing positions back and forth. The robe was past her thighs now and I could see her smooth, glowing skin and a glimpse of her red panties. I turned my eyes in disgust and continued towards the kitchen.

I looked around and searched everywhere but couldn't find any food items that one could cook with, except the craps in the refrigerator and the strange meal She cooked the previous day. I was angry and frustrated as I had no choice than to continue eating junks except I ordered for something or found my way to one of the eateries. The last one was a bad idea as I didn't know my way around here and will have to carry my documents around for identification should anything occur and also, Eve might wake up before I arrive and should she not see me at home, could panic and call the cops. I had no option than to speak to her even if I didn't want to.

I walked towards her and tapped her gently, she woke up with a start and looked around like she was having a nightmare before I disturbed her sleep. Her eyes were swollen and a bit red, they focused on me after looking around,

"Hey, I am sorry I was sleeping, you need me for something?" She asked sweetly like she was so in reality.

"How do you order for something around here? I need pizza since there is nothing one can do away with in that kitchen of yours."
She stared at me like I had said something dumb before she said,

"Sure, I can help with that, I could even do with some too." I gave a fake smile and returned to my phone to see if I could call Ore but she wasn't online and had probably slept. I heard Eve talking to the person taking the orders and used that opportunity to go for a shower and promised myself to wash my dirty wears the next day. I came down the stairs few minutes later to find Eve already consuming her pizza. Waoh, that was quick, I thought.

"Yours is here." She stated, pointing to a carton on the couch beside her. I opened the container and took out the funny shaped meal and promptly started with consuming it. I took the seat beside her and didn't mind but I guess she did and felt a little uncomfortable.

"What is it?" I asked, irritated by her constant movements.

"Nothing, just thought it strange that you seating beside me after the drama of this morning." She said, looking apologetic.

"I am fine, you don't have to feel remorseful already." She sniffed and I hoped that it wasn't another round of tears.

"Solomon... I am....I didn't....I....just."
Oh, sweet Jesus, she had started with the tears again, I was getting tired of this because even if she fills a whole tank with her tears, it wouldn't stop me from doing what I had in mind to do. Besides, I didn't want her neighbors to see her with swollen eyes, they might think that I had something to do with it and trust Americans to call the cops.

"Why are you crying now?" I asked, frustrated.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, I just... I just wanted you to be available for us, didn't....want you taken by any other person..." She said and it took a whole lot from me not to slam her head on the hard ground. Am I her and her sister's pet or what?

"You know what, just stop talking and stop crying too. Tomorrow, we go to see your sister, alright?"
She sniffed and nodded, I threw the containers to the thrash and the returned the mugs we used for water back to the kitchen.

"You need to sleep, tomorrow might turn out to be a long day."

"No, I don't want to sleep yet, I still have some things to clear out, business and all that."

"How do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"I do have what I am doing you know even if I am no longer an athlete. I am a photographer now and I have a labe tool, I might be the head now but that doesn't stop me from checking in on what's going on from time to time."
I nodded and just said,

"No more crying." She smiled but I didn't and just went up the stairs to my room. I fell asleep the moment my back touched the bed.

I woke to a bright, sunny day and quickly ran to the bathroom to have my mouth washed and set off to wash my clothes. I checked Eve's room to find it locked, I searched for her in the living room to find her absent, with just a little paper on the dining. She was out to work and would return before lunch was all she wrote. I dropped the paper and went in search for what I was looking for; the washing machine. I found it and started the process, which took me about an hour to finish. I spread the clothes outside and thankfully, I didn't see any of the neighbors.

I took flakes that morning before having my shower and proceeded to call Ore who still wasn't online. I wondered what was wrong. I engaged the play station and played a bit of football before moving to my favorite - need for speed. Since they never took light in that region, I remained with the pad until Eve returned in the afternoon. I took my eyes off the game for a second to look at her, actually I think it took more than a minute but then Eve was waoh.

She was on tight, black pants, like really tight ones and a contrasting white crop top which showed her flat tummy and displayed her sumptuous curves to whoever cared to see. Her boobs made the top even more appealing to the eyes and wondered how many men would have wanked to her image after they had seen her.

"You are staring." She said and I promptly returned to the game to which she laughed.

"I got some pasta and sauce, Maddy once told me that that was your favorite meal." She said and I replied her by giving her the thumbs up sign. She chuckled this time and I smiled as my plan of making her comfortable was working. I dropped the pad soon after and joined her in the kitchen. When I did, the sauce was already cooking and I wondered where she got it from.

"You wanna help?" She asked surprised, she looked ravishing and had done a lot in hiding her swollen eyes with make-up.

"Yup, I love cooking pasta too as much I love the meal." She shrugged and we set off to cooking but I had a hard time doing so because of Eve's butt which was always getting in my way. The sight of it was beautiful on the leather pants she was on but I had no urge to touch it. Soon the food was ready and I hungrily devoured it and quickly went for another as it was my first real meal in days. I helped her in washing the dishes too and this time, Eve did notice,

"Solomon, are you alright?" She asked as we washed.

"Sure, why?"

"I am just surprised....that's all." She said with a bit of difficulty.

"You are obsessed about me and it's obvious that relationships haven't really turned out good for you and I thought that being mean to you won't help either so I decided to let you enjoy some of the benefits of someone you truly care about even in your twisted world, I don't think that's bad or is it?'

She didn't answer at first and acted like she didn't hear me. We both left the kitchen and while I returned to my game, she went upstairs to probably change her wear. She didn't come down till five in the evening when it was time to see her sister. She was on shorts like me this time and an oversized shirt. She headed for the garage and I followed without being told. She drove slowly until we got to Maddy's house and we both sat in the car waiting for her sister to come around.

"You know, you should stop trying to think you know about me because you don't and no one does, okay?" She said suddenly and I just nodded as I didn't want to be arguing with her in public. She seemed unstable emotionally and I wondered why.

Maddy soon returned to her street, jogging and we both decided to come out at that junction. She was on the brown version of what she wore the other day and was looking really sweet. She got closer and when she caught me watching her, she slowed down a bit and just smiled at me before going into her house. That wasn't what I and Eve were expecting as we both knew that she wasn't going to come out again and we couldn't go in with her too for reasons that didn't make sense to me but at least she smiled and I thought, that was a sign of progress.

"Let's go." I heard Eve say and I promptly got into the car.

"Why can't we go in?" I asked as soon as we got in.

"Because my own sister decided to report to the cops that I was stalking her and she didn't feel comfortable about it. I have had two restraining orders on me from being seen even fifty metres around her or her property and I don't fancy the third, so you see I am kind of stucked here."

I understood and I wondered why Maddy would call the cops on Eve stalking her except if it was true, which makes wonder the sort of person I was now staying with.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choices by eitsei(m): 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
I think Solomon should just enter the house and go and talk to Maddy and If she calls the cop then he will look for another way of getting to her..... I also think he should find a way of getting to eve's room

1 Like

Re: Choices by Okinjay(m): 1:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
Mehn, Ayaff been reading this story from the onset without commenting, but I just have to comment now and applaud your writing skills. Oga Solo, kindly accept my dab offering. Thanks for the consistent and quality updates. Thou art a great man.

1 Like

Re: Choices by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2017
Wait.... Is that how they'll just be going there almost everyday...just to be looking at her??. She be zoo/museum ni?? :/ .
Solo should just follow her inside abeg. No b police go end am? :>

1 Like

Re: Choices by NanaAmofah(m): 3:01pm On Jan 11, 2017
All the way from Ghana oga solo take am

3 Likes

Re: Choices by Charlesdock(m): 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
Oya Solo enter the place nah..... Let us see the difference between the Nigeria and America police grin If you're on Nairaland and you've never read any of king Solo' stories, my brother, my sister you're missing big time!

1 Like

Re: Choices by Daeveed(m): 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
debdave:
Wait.... Is that how they'll just be going there almost everyday...just to be looking at her??. She be zoo/museum ni?? :/ .
Solo should just follow her inside abeg. No b police go end am? :>
Ah Tire Oh.. At Least She Smiled.. Thats A Go Ahead For Me Oh

1 Like

Re: Choices by kingsfield(m): 9:55pm On Jan 11, 2017
Remain blessed and filled wit gr8 wisdom.
Pls Oga Solo dey post am as e dey hot abeg .

1 Like

Re: Choices by Nobody: 2:48am On Jan 12, 2017
Daeveed:
Ah Tire Oh.. At Least She Smiled.. Thats A Go Ahead For Me Oh
And a go ahead for Solo too jare. Let him just go and confront her,once and for all abeg.

1 Like

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 10:52am On Jan 12, 2017
Chapter 6 cont'd

I could tell that Eve wasn't happy that her sister didn't look her way again but at least we were making progress and because of that she didn't begin her usual charade of tears and all that wailing. The drive home was quiet but peaceful and as soon as we got home, I went for my clothes at the back of the house. I brought them in and started pressing them, while Eve faced dinner. As I pressed the clothes, I thought of Maddy and her reactions both times we have been there.

The first time she seemed shocked to see me and didn't exactly know how to react or probably she didn't want to because her crazy sister was there. Just a few minutes ago, her reaction showed that she was really glad that I was around and probably had nothing against me. That smile she gave me reminded of our awesome times together back in Nigeria. That smile that would come on her face when she had done something mischievous or had a surprise for me but it wasn't enough for me to follow her in. Our next visit be tha time and what she does exactly will tell if I would follow her in or not.

"Dinner is ready." Eve announced with a bit of excitement and I wondered why she was so happy. I pressed the last of the clothes and returned them to my room to join Eve on the dining. Anyway, what she called Dinner was simply carrot juice which she did on her own and some weird looking vegetables. It looked strange and I didn't have any appetite anymore just looking at it but decided to eat it nonetheless as I didn't want ruin the mood and bring about another round of tears.

I sat where Eve had kept my meal opposite hers but I didn't notice anything at first until I had taken a bite of the veggies and a sip of the juice. It wasn't bad and I looked up to say so but my words stopped at the roof of my mouth as I was shocked at what was in front of me. Eve had pulled off her shirt and was just left with a bra that did little in covering her boobs, I could even see the tips from where I was and they looked really hard, probably from the chilling air of the conditioning system. I may not be always moved by boobs or rarely get an erection looking at them but God!, Eve's own were so beautiful and damn firm. The curves of her areolas could be seen; a darker shade of her skin and if I say that I wasn't turned on I would be fooling myself.

She raised her brows and then eyed me seductively, you know those looks from women that sets all your body on fire and add that extra length to one's shaft.
"I think the meal is fine." I said and promptly returned to my food. She chuckled after what I said but didn't say anything.
Once again, we did the dishes together quietly and then returned to the chair. I picked up the pad and she took the remaining one and off we went chasing each other. She dusted me time and time again despite my best efforts as she knew the game better than I did. We played quietly though but the joy on her face whenever I looked at it couldn't be quantified. She was happy and I wondered why she couldn't seem to get a guy who could make her feel this way, surely all American guys couldn't be jerks.

We stopped playing at some minutes past eleven in the in the night after she said she had to go and rest now, a long day awaited her the next day.

"You bought this game for your sole pleasure or when you and a dude were a couple?" I asked. She turned around as she was already on her way upstairs but returned to her previous position on the couch.

"I didn't date too many guys contrary to what you believe and most of them didn't last more than a month as we weren't just compatible. I don't know if I should be telling you this but I haven't yet sex for more than five years now so I bought the game to keep me alive whenever I became depressed. You are the first guy I have played with, which makes me glad." She said, looking at me strangely.

"By the way, why did you ask?"

"Uhm, nothing really, just that you seem different since the last two days or so." I said and thought that she just remove the bra and stop torturing me.

"Oh, that is entirely you and I am sure you know already. Good night."

"Good night." I replied. I didn't feel like sleeping and so decided to use my phone. Ore was offline but I saw a few messages from her being worried about me and a few questions about some clients. I answered her and sent a voice note of how I had missed her and a few kisses afterwards. I later went upstairs after watching a few shows on network channels. I saw that Eve locked her room once more because I tried to get in and wondered what was in there that she didn't want me to see. I got into mine and slept off after a while.

I woke up late the next morning and didn't bother to check on Eve because I knew that she was already out to work. I brushed and had my bath before having tea and biscuits that morning. I helped in cleaning the house too and later sat down to play some games. Eve returned late that day with a lot of groceries which I helped with and we both kept them where they should be. Eve was on straight suit and skirt that day which made me conclude that she probably had to attend some official meetings.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"Fine with a few meetings and all that. Have you had lunch?" She asked and I shook my head.

"That's bad, let me help with that."

"No, I think you should go up and have a shower, change of clothes and all that. You have been working all day, okay?" I said. The look she gave me that day was one I would never forget. [I]If you have ever given a someone who hadn't eaten for days food, we both know that familiar look of appreciation that person gives was always enough and there was always never any need to for words to be spoken. [/i]In Eve's case, it was more than that, it was as if no one had ever done that to her before and it made me uncomfortable. She gave me that look and took her bag before heading for the stairs.

I brought out the chicken and had it washed before boiling it a bit before then throwing it into the oven. I was in the middle of taking the chicken out of the oven when Eve joined me. She was on bumps now and sports bra and I wondered why she would wear something like that when she would be cooking. She took the spare apron and continued from where I stopped.

"You sure know how to cook for a CEO, I like that." She teased.

"I like the smell of your soap, what's the name." Eve smiled and said,

"Common, it's just aloe-vera, don't tell you haven't smelt that before."

I smiled and we continued cooking without uttering another word. Food was soon ready and we sat down to eat with even more vegetables in the mix. I sighed as I was slowly becoming a goat with this vegetable nonsense all the time.

"So, tell me , did you really love my siste?" Eve asked a question I thought was strange because I have told her how much I did times without number.
I nodded and she shrugged,

"Then I don't think you know much about love then, because my sister loved you too and I was really envious of that but the woman you loved so much was actually seeing another man before one of your exes ruined everything, which makes me wonder how you define love." She mocked.

I dropped my spoon and with a frown on my face, I asked,

"How do you mean?"
"I didn't mean to make you angry but I just thought that you should know the truth. If you were smart, you would have noticed the short time it took her in getting married after the saga at your place. It took just nine months and I am certain you must have suspected too."

"Don't you ever say anything about my Dotun again, after what you did, you still have the guts to talk about someone's choices." I said, almost screaming.

"I know what I did but I did it anyway to also save you from future pains despite my other reasons because that woman didn't really love you. Any woman who truly loved her man would have shut that lady up that day but she didn't from what I was told. I have pictures to show you if you still doubt me." She said and she went up the stairs and came down few seconds later with a folder containing some photos. I took the folder from her hurriedly and with shaking hands, saw Dotun with the guy she later married in several locations with the dates of the occurrences on the face of the photos but that wasn't what made me believe. It was the fact there was a particular necklace I bought for Dotun and she once wore it out to an event at least that was what she told me. She wore it on a red gown that day and matching shoe and bag. I actually dropped her at the venue but she was apparently there for another purpose and the date on the photo was quite correct.

In several of the photos, they held hands and sometimes, the dude would put his hands around her waist. The sight was so heart breaking and I didn't know when I slammed my fists on the table. Eve flinched,

"Solomon, I didn't mean...."

"...Thank you.." I said, cutting her off and ran up the stairs. I was hurt and I really didn't know what to do. Here was I thinking that I had charmed Dotun into finally accepting me for who I was; average in height and light skinned but apparently she only decided to look my way because I had money now and kept the other dude who was what she wanted in a man as back up should anything happen. I was a fool to believe I could make anyone change and I sadly learnt that day that you can't force anyone who isn't fully attracted to you to love you. Love starts with attraction, be it physical or other forms, and in my own case, it wasn't there.

Eve knocked ceaselessly later but I didn't answer her as I didn't know what to make of her now; she saved me only to destroy me?

I barely slept and remained in the room almost throughout out the day. Eve knocked and knocked and pleaded with me to open the door and not to do anything stupid. I didn't answer her and only left the room only because we had to see Maddy. I took my shower and got dressed, I rejected Eve's offer of food as I had lost appetite. We got to the car and all through the drive, Eve never stopped apologizing. We got to Maddy's place this time and we didn't wait for long as Maddy returned but this time I stopped Eve from leaving the car because I was looking out for something.

I was looking out for something, a sign that she wanted me to come in and if she doesn't show it, we would just leave, there was no point coming out of the car only to go in later. Maddy saw our car but didn't slow down and went into her apartment like that but she lingered for too long at her door step, pulling off her footwear. She usually did that after she got inside and after sharing a look with Eve, I came down from the car and with my heart in my mouth, I walked towards Maddy.

She acted like she didn't see me coming and went inside but left the door opened. I went in really afraid and closed the door behind me. I saw Maddy go upstairs and left me in the beautiful but simple living room. Maddy was truly her Father's daughter as nearly everything in the living room was made or encased in wood. It was really exotic and the materials looked expensive.

I stood there for at least fifteen minutes, just looking around and waiting for Maddy to come down and wondering why two single women would be living in duplexes each, I thought it was just a waste of resources. Maddy later came down with just a towel around her and the sight kept me rooted to my feet and it made wonder if she ages at all as she looked the same way she was years ago after having her shower. She walked slowly towards me and just like the other day, she stared deeply into my hands without blinking but this time, she touched my face and ran her fingers around the curves of my ears and lips. She lingered around the lips for a while before going down to my neck and stopped there.

"You haven't changed much, have you?" She asked and smiled. I couldn't reply due to the shock of hearing her talk and so I just nodded. She kept the smile on and left me,

"You should leave now, perhaps some other time when you are not tongue tied, we could talk on what we have both missed over the years." I nodded and promptly took my leave happily as my mood had changed completely, Maddy wasn't crazy after all and all would be taken care of in the next meeting.

I joined Eve in the car who looked really anxious for news,

"How was it, did she say anything?" Eve asked, anxiously,
"Nope, she didn't say much, other than a few words." Eve frowned before asking,

"Why do you mean she said only a few words, you were there for nearly forty minutes?"

"And half of that time she spent in the bathroom. I am serious she didn't say much.."

"...Did she ask of me?" I shook my head and right there, Eve lost it. She started crying again and mumbling words to her self. She later got over it and started the car but drove slowly home but as soon as we got home, she started her madness in full.

"How could she not ask for me but could spring up little words for the lover that dumped her sorry arse."

"Eve..."

"Don't call me, just leave me be. No one loves me including my family and you are only here because I forced you to. I know how much you hate me but that fact doesn't hurt as much as the fact that your family see's you as being crazy and someone they cannot live with...."

"Eve, you need to stop with such...."

"Oh, shut up, if I hadn't showed you what your precious Dotun was doing behind your back, wouldn't you still have it in mind that I ruined your life, besides what do you know about love other than curves and big arse?"

I kept quiet after then and watched her cry, repeating the same words that nobody loves her. The sight of her in so much pains was really touching and for once, I actually felt for her.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 10:55am On Jan 12, 2017
....Thanks for the comments and likes guys, I see you Nana, how is the new change in Ghana now?

....The next update will be quite lengthy and will finally explain the sort of mess Solomon is in...Until Tomorrow, hopefully..
Re: Choices by Preciousbouy(m): 11:13am On Jan 12, 2017
solomonbrown64:
....Thanks for the comments and likes guys, I see you Nana, how is the new change in Ghana now?

....The next update will be quite lengthy and will finally explain the sort of mess Solomon is in...Until Tomorrow, hopefully..
Huh Tomorrow ke solo I thought you said once in a day and there is no update today, so today go just waist in haba do us well na
Re: Choices by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 12, 2017
Walahi......if say Solomon no enta dat ause enh....i for first go give am beta knock,then push am enta! :p .
Guess Maddy isn't crazy after all. And Eve should just calm down biko :> . Wetin be her own sef.
Wait!.... Are you tryna tell me Dotun was cheating all this while?. Na wa oo :/ . No wonder she never bothered fighting for the relationship. Chai!
#nice one solomonbrown64. Waiting patiently#
Re: Choices by NanaAmofah(m): 11:21am On Jan 12, 2017
solomonbrown64:

thanks boss. but just watching them in 3D to see the change.
Re: Choices by illmatic101(m): 11:47am On Jan 12, 2017
NanaAmofah:
thanks boss. but just watching them in 3D to see the change.

Hopefully it won't be our type of change
Re: Choices by Preciousbouy(m): 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
illmatic101:

Hopefully it won't be our type of change
Our own kwa..... Lolzzzzz
Re: Choices by emarkson(m): 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
How can ladies be like this, she has always be over possessive yet she had another guy. Nawa ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (48) (Reply)

My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.