Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery (22624 Views)

"My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story / At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? / I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Luckygurl(f): 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2016
18wheeler:

The fear of what you went thru made me and my wife opt for CS for our twins. They were our 2nd birth, Boys, unidentical but I cherish them like heaven. They are my world now. Hard luck bro on your loss. May you find comfort.

You shouldn't have posted that pics.
Someone is still nursing the death of one of their twin baby and all you could do was post a picture of your own twin.
Ah ah! Have some level of pity for him angry angry
Miserable comforter angry angry

Kindly modify
Thanks!!

At OP! Sorry about the loss of the baby.
You still have a boo to call your own, cherish and love him/her as usual, it'll only get better.
A father in the making, that's what you are now smiley
Congratulations smiley

4 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by adecares(f): 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2016
all I can say is congratulations
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
This is so touching.

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by surgecom(m): 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
dont8:
Ikoko lo fo, omi odanu.

So sorry bro, another twins are on the way.

We thank God for the life of the mother, God will be with the other baby.

Bros, if you don't understand Yoruba, ask someone to help you out. Do you know the meaning of "Ikoko lofo, Omi odanu? Well, it simply means "the wife dies, the child/children is/are alive, which is very contrary to what we have here.

Please modify

4 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by abatisegun: 10:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
[quote author=Dandy1 post=49331764]Today Tuesday,September, 2016 started like every other day. At dawn about some few minutes past five O' clock, my wife which has been pregnant for 9 months 3weeks woke me up with a moan of pain.I opened my eyes to see her at the entrance to the bathroom. She had gone to pee when she suddenly felt the unbearable pain. I tried all I can to ease her pain,but it persisted. That's when it dawned on us that maybe she is starting to labour. I dashed to the baby room in which all things are already set for the most anticipated arrival, whisked up the box with the needed hospital stuffs,and we were on our way to the hospital within the minute.
We arrived there around some minutes to six, and till around 12:30 PM she was still labouring. I had gone to get various injections for drip two different time within those hours. It's been about seven hours or more, I was starting to worry. Just then I was called upon to come get another batch of supplies for the delivery. Such a strong woman! She has been quiet all along,unlike some other women that have been making awkward noises all around the wards. She had always promised to be strong through it.
The midwives were taking her calmness for loss of strength, they were urging her to cry out. They told me she had to push,that the baby is almost out. I moved closer to her ear and whispered;
"Baby,you are a strong woman please push hard enough. You know prolonged labour might hurt "Boo-Boo"(the pet name for our unborn twin babies) , please we have to take all three of you home alive. She got "gingered" and pushed hard and "Boo" came out. Such a beatiful baby girl! One more to go,that's when I was chased out to leave them to do their job. I went out to wait for the second "boo".
During one of those several scans during pregnancy, the scan attendant had once told us the twins were "sooo identical" according to the analysis. We got more eager to see them soon. I was outside feeling so happy after telling my sisters who were also waiting at d reception that boo is out. They were so happy. Shortly after, I was called upon to come into the ward. There I was shown the second baby. She looked so much like her twin sister,perperhaps as beautiful. Alas she was lifeless.
I cried bitterly inside while I tried to console my wife not to cry as she might hurt herself. But as soon as I got out of there i cried uncontrollably. They were going to be our first babies in our new marriage, though we've been together for about eleven years now( we dated for ten years since school days). We were so happy it will be twins. Her phone had been full of cute twin baby pictures. Whenever she saw any thread on here with twins with people wishing they had twins, she blushes that hers is on the way. Now it is all gone. But we still have our cute little "Boo" to keep.
I feel so down right now, I could use some consolatory comments. What a sweet bitter day![/quote Thank Almighty God omi lo danu akeregbe ko fo ]
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by GloShare(m): 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
Dandy1

I don't have the words to describe your loss, however I'll like you to realize that you are now a father, first of all, congratulations!

There's something about your kind of twins, they always have a sense of deep connection even if one is not there.

What I'm about to say may not help, but your daughter may sometimes feel a void, I need you and your wife to fill it up.

See what I mean here

A twinless twin is a person who had a twin who has died. There are many causes for such losses and different issues facing each type of twin loss.

A twinless twin who has lost a twin brother or sister before or shortly after birth due to miscarriage, vanishing twin syndrome, stillbirth, or some other complication, does not have memories of their twin. However, many have claimed to sense something missing from their lives even before they ever learn they once had a twin. They say they can feel a real sense of grief for not only the loss of their twin, but also the lack of memories.

Boo will sometimes feel lonely without being able to explain it, even before she knows about her other twin.

Hold this beautiful angel that you have, and fill her life with so much fun.

She is doubly blessed, and in the long run, will flow like water, she will fill every void in your hearts, and make you smile again.

May God bless your home.

3 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by GloShare(m): 10:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
18wheeler:

The fear of what you went thru made me and my wife opt for CS for our twins. They were our 2nd birth, Boys, unidentical but I cherish them like heaven. They are my world now. Hard luck bro on your loss. May you find comfort.

They're cute...
But please allow the OP grieve.

4 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by liztop2012(f): 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
I commiserate with u bro. thank God for your wife n boo. God will surely do another one. I had my twin girls at 37wks plus. I knew I will av dem by csection cos I don't want to take chances, even before the ob/gyn marked my file. mind you, I don't av any complications. multiple birth is diff from single not to talk of stress in pushing twice. it was what d orderly said that encouraged me more, that it is better for me to av it done n see my babies alive than to comeback to it due to complications during normal delivery n anything can happen.

4 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Engrr(m): 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
Congrats bro. Bt i think the loss of the 2nd boo may be due to prolonged labour. Experienced doctors will always advice for CS in cases like this to ensure safety of the baby and d mum!

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by 18wheeler: 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2016
Luckygurl:

You shouldn't have posted that pics.
Someone is still nursing the death of one of their twin baby and all you could do was post a picture of your own twin.
Ah ah! Have some level of pity for him angry angry
Miserable comforter angry angry

Kindly modify
Thanks!!
I feel for him. Thanx for your message. Will pull out the pix. Thanx again

At OP! Sorry about the loss of the baby.
You still have a boo to call your own, cherish and love him/her as usual, it'll only get better.
A father in the making, that's what you are now smiley
Congratulations smiley

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by helovesme(f): 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
BomboyOnline:
So sorry to hear about your loss. Cherish Boo, and the ones that are coming after her.

The Nigerian health care system have a long way to go. First of all, a twin pregnancy should have never been allowed to go full term not to talk of 3 weeks over nine months. Who allows a woman carrying twins to labor for hours? C section should have been considered as soon as the babies weren't coming.

You've said it all.

The medical team (gynaecologist, midwife, doctor and nurse) didn't try at all.

With multiples, between 36-38 weeks, they are scheduled for c-section. In some countries, the c-section is mandatory at that stage as no sane doctor will want to risk his reputation and supervise vaginal delivery for multiples at over 40 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by cutechi(f): 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2016
Cheer up, wipe the tears, one princess has gone back to her Creator. ur wife and the other princess are alive, it's a thing of joy. She will grow to accomplish great things. All is well!

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by helovesme(f): 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2016
cococandy:

According to OP the doctor did suggest it but the wife refused. They can't force her you know.

There is a way doctors can smartly coerce a woman into making the right decisions.

If the doctor had stood her grounds and painstakingly explained ALL the risks involved with prolong labour and allowing the twins go full term, maybe the woman would have changed her mind.

As she had gone overdue, she should have been going daily to the hospital to have fetal movements checked. If this was done, the doctors would have been able to detect reduced fetal movements with one of twins and quickly intervened (c-section).

I wonder if the dead baby wasn't detected before the prolonged labour. I doubt it was which further questions the credibility of the hospital and it's medical team. If they had detected one heart beat and not two at the time she was brought into the hospital, why put her through the agonies of a long, painful labour? C-section should have been carried out at that stage.

2 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by 18wheeler: 10:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
GloShare:

They're cute...
But please allow the OP grieve.
Yeah I was irrational. Apologies to the OP. I lost a boy in his mother's womb in 2014 in a motor accident in jos. Was painful and I realized the pain of a brother. I've pulled out the pix. And I still grieve with OP, May you find solace in the Almighty. It's not easy but you'll find happiness. That I pray for.

4 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by 18wheeler: 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
[quote author=18wheeler post=49337168][/quote]
Sorry about that. Apologies @op. My sincere prayer for your comfort and healing. It's a wound in your heart and I'll put you in prayer always.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by AngelZee: 11:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
May God give u and ur wife all the strength you need to be strong. Don't lose hope. It can still happen.

2 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by amshak(m): 11:06pm On Sep 13, 2016
Dandy1:

Thanks so much. It hurt more when I went home to get some stuffs in the baby room and saw all those things we bought in pairs. Cots, wardrobe,carriers, baby car seats, and the stroller which my baby just forced me to assemble the second one just yesterday evening. When she said she might give birth anytime soon.
For pregnant people I'd like to give this advice:
It turned out the baby had been dead for over 48 hours before today. For a set of monozygotic twins(sharing same sac),the doctors thought it's a miracle there were no complications. To think we still went for checkup on last week Monday when she felt pain overnight,where the doctor advised to opt for CS that it is safer as against what people think. Especially for multiple births. She said the babies were perfectly grown and were just waiting inside. That they will be fine if delivered right away. But my wife felt she could do it by herself. It's all good though we'll get over it. I'll start deleting those pictures from her phone and dispose of those double things we won't be needing so as to make it go away quick.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by ashjay001(m): 11:06pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pele, hopefully, Baba God will soothe ur pain.

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
sorry for the lost. please next time don't allow your wife stay home for more than 9 months. from 37weeks a pregnant woman is due for delivery unless she hasn't dilated yet.

please tell your wife that in her next pregnancy, immediately she is at least 38weeks, she should tell the nurse to check if she has dilated and the should induce her for delivery. can't you see after the extra weeks she waited, she was still induced.

some women don't feel labor pain. they only feel it the moment baby wants to come out. just like me. i don't have labour pain. i may be discussing with you without you knowing that I'm in labor. you might be surprise to hear that i've given birth in the next few minutes you left. i am a proud mother of 4kids. i gave birth to all of them in my 38weeks, 4cm dilated and with induce. i don't wait till due date to avoid stressing myself and my unborn baby. when i feel is time, i will carry my bag and tell nurse to check me and know how many cm have dilated. sometimes waiting till natural labor comes on its own is tiring.

tell madam congrats that the best is on the way. it has happened and she shouldn't cry too much so that the other twin wouldn't get annoyed with her.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by 18wheeler: 11:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
ashjay001:
Pele, hopefully, Baba God will soothe ur pain.
Amen and Amen!!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by GloShare(m): 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
18wheeler:

Yeah I was irrational. Apologies to the OP. I lost a boy in his mother's womb in 2014 in a motor accident in jos. Was painful and I realized the pain of a brother. I've pulled out the pix. And I still grieve with OP, May you find solace in the Almighty. It's not easy but you'll find happiness. That I pray for.

God will bless you.

2 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by STENON(f): 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
@OP...There is always a reason to thank God...May you and your family never experience child loss by God grace. Please take care of the baby and be cheerful so that People that will be coming to greet you will come for congratulatory message bt not the other way round .
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by 18wheeler: 11:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
GloShare:

God will bless you.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by NaBanga: 11:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
Congratulations to you and your wife. Op please be thankful that your wife still has her life. Be joyful that God has given you a child, for some want but have none. You are truly blessed.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by amshak(m): 11:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
God has designed it for you both this way. Trust and Bear with him, he will make you happy in so many other aspects of life. Sorry please.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by flakkybaby: 11:33pm On Sep 13, 2016
@ op (Eni ba mo ore ti jesu she fun e, lo ba e yo) some are looking for just one they have'nt gotten you have 2 and 1 is taking away you'er angry ask GOD to forgive you. Don't wait for a longtime before you meet with your wife like a year is ok she will get pregnant and another twin will come before the twin egg stops swimming mark my word and pls wn is 40wks go for opt B (cs) dnt risk anything again pls. You dn't know what GOD has don for you this time pls in every situation praise the LORD. THANK YOU.

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
Congratulations first, don't worry she is likely to have another set. Stay strong.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by cococandy(f): 12:51am On Sep 14, 2016
That's true though.

Maybe they didn't try hard enough to let her know what was involved.
Although one can't really tell since we weren't there. You know how Nigerians can be over religious and depending on God to come down from heaven to solve issues when the solution is right there.
helovesme:

There is a way doctors can smartly coerce a woman into making the right decisions.

If the doctor had stood her grounds and painstakingly explained ALL the risks involved with prolong labour and allowing the twins go full term, maybe the woman would have changed her mind.

As she had gone overdue, she should have been going daily to the hospital to have fetal movements checked. If this was done, the doctors would have been able to detect reduced fetal movements with one of twins and quickly intervened (c-section).

I wonder if the dead baby wasn't detected before the prolonged labour. I doubt it was which further questions the credibility of the hospital and it's medical team. If they had detected one heart beat and not two at the time she was brought into the hospital, why put her through the agonies of a long, painful labour? C-section should have been carried out at that stage.

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by 18wheeler: 1:00am On Sep 14, 2016
Dandy1:

Thanks so much. It hurt more when I went home to get some stuffs in the baby room and saw all those things we bought in pairs. Cots, wardrobe,carriers, baby car seats, and the stroller which my baby just forced me to assemble the second one just yesterday evening. When she said she might give birth anytime soon.
For pregnant people I'd like to give this advice:
It turned out the baby had been dead for over 48 hours before today. For a set of monozygotic twins(sharing same sac),the doctors thought it's a miracle there were no complications. To think we still went for checkup on last week Monday when she felt pain overnight,where the doctor advised to opt for CS that it is safer as against what people think. Especially for multiple births. She said the babies were perfectly grown and were just waiting inside. That they will be fine if delivered right away. But my wife felt she could do it by herself. It's all good though we'll get over it. I'll start deleting those pictures from her phone and dispose of those double things we won't be needing so as to make it go away quick.
Hard luck bro. Been in your shoes. My wife was preggy with a boy I prayed for after my 1st girl. Someone bashed into her from the rear of her car on her way to antenatal. It was 2014 in Jos. We lost him but God paid us back with twin boys. He will do it for you. Just keep hope alive and see his miracle manifest. Am with you in a special prayer. You'll be back here with testimony. I'll wait for that. Wish yu happiness. Regards to the new mother n baby. Welcome boo!!!

4 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Cletus77(m): 1:25am On Sep 14, 2016
console ur wife mainly.... Sorry but congratulations to ur newest family member
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by oofiliaaron(m): 5:27am On Sep 14, 2016
Hmmm. This story is exactly same as that of my big sister. married for a year now. She put to bed on Monday 12th September. Scan has always shown she was carrying two babies, my first nieces. But upon delivery we lost one of the princesses. However we are grateful to God for giving us one alive. It really feels so good to finally be an uncle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? / My Wife Nags A Lot / Should A Man Be Forced To Marry A Lady He Impregnated By Mistake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.