Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy (7599 Views)

Biafra SS : Time For Kanu To Have A Rethink On His Approach Towards The Cause. / Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka / Buhari Belongs To Military Barracks, Lacks Knowledge Of A Democracy - Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 11:35am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

You know what? you are a defeated soul searching for anything for safety. Our argument started with territorial integrity and ended with it. You should have answer me yes and mention the nation or maybe mention Biafra then I will start from their but your incoherence is so alarming. And I advise other members of this forum to stop engaging you in healthy discussion because you can hardly maintain one.
U asked me if Nigeria has ever won any fight, and I said yes. I used Biafra as an example. Biafra was independent and got defeated by Almighty Nigeria. U were even the one that deviated from the main topic of '"territorial integrity", to mow asking who defeat who. U are obviously brain dead. I will finish u here u will cry to ur foster mother
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Was there agreement between Igbo, Yoruba and Hausas to be one Nigeria?
Who cares? Was there agreement between the whole tribe in Cameroon before France joined them together as a country. That is why they are called colonialists, they do what ever they want because they have the power, they don't have to call anybody to agree on anything. Nigeria already has s defined territory which it will protect, right now, how we were joined together does not matter, u can discuss that with urself and ur people. The government does not give a Bleep
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 11:39am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

U asked me if Nigeria has ever won any fight, and I said yes. I used Biafra as an example. Biafra was independent and got defeated by Almighty Nigeria. U were even the one that deviated from the main topic of '"territorial integrity", to mow asking who defeat who. U are obviously brain dead. I will finish u here u will cry to ur foster mother
Incoherent fellow get your facts right, did Biafra took up arms against Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 11:41am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

Who cares? Was there agreement between the whole tribe in Cameroon before France joined them together as a country. That is why they are called colonialists, they do what ever they want because they have the power, they don't have to call anybody to agree on anything. Nigeria already has s defined territory which it will protect, right now, how we were joined together does not matter, u can discuss that with urself and ur people. The government does not give a Bleep
At your age though not certain, you haven't started thinking on how Africa should be liberated? No wonder all the colonial oppressive tendencies was transferred to born to rule, and you Afonja sworn with your life that status quo must be maintained. What a pathetic fellow?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 11:45am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Incoherent fellow get your facts right, did Biafra took up arms against Nigeria?
It does not matter, so far as it is war. Some Wars begin with provocations which the other side will react. Declaring the republic of Biafra was simply an act of war, how do u expect the government to just fold their hands and look. America did not join the Second World War until Japan bombed Pearl Harbor in U.S, in an act of provocation. then America declared war against Japan, Thereby officially participating in the war. It only takes provocation to start a war, Ojukwu declared war on Nigeria by declaring Biafra, he knew the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 11:48am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

At your age though not certain, you haven't started thinking on how Africa should be liberated? No wonder all the colonial oppressive tendencies was transferred to born to rule, and you Afonja sworn with your life that status quo must be maintained. What a pathetic fellow?
I don't blame u. It's with ur Ipob brain that u think That former colonialists still control Africa. U need a brand new brain. The one u have now is infected with Kanu lies and propaganda. Yimu, u can join ur frustrated people to cry, while we patriotic Nigerians wait and see what u will do to undermine Nigeria sovereignty. We dey wait oh.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 11:56am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

It does not matter, so far as it is war. Some Wars begin with provocations which the other side will react. Declaring the republic of Biafra was simply an act of war, how do u expect the government to just fold their hands and look. America did not join the Second World War until Japan bombed Pearl Harbor in U.S, in an act of provocation. then America declared war against Japan, Thereby officially participating in the war. It only takes provocation to start a war, Ojukwu declared war on Nigeria by declaring Biafra, he knew the consequences.
Who told you Ojukwu declared war against Nigeria? How did you come to that? Ojukwu have mandate of eastern people who made up Biafra. You are among those who rewrite history for your selfish gain.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

I don't blame u. It's with ur Ipob brain that u think That former colonialists still control Africa. U need a brand new brain. The one u have now is infected with Kanu lies and propaganda. Yimu, u can join ur frustrated people to cry, while we patriotic Nigerians wait and see what u will do to undermine Nigeria sovereignty. We dey wait oh.
I have told you to stop this useless sovereignty. Low brain, Africa is a dumping ground for your info.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Who told you Ojukwu declared war against Nigeria? How did you come to that? Ojukwu have mandate of eastern people who made up Biafra. You are among those who rewrite history for your selfish gain.
Chai, simple comprehension, u can't. What I mean is that , Ojukwu declaring Biafra, it's an act and call for war by the Nigerian side. Of course u are biafran, u will be bias to support ur own, u won't see it as a call for war. After all, the whole problem darted immediately Ojukwu declared Biafra. I wish he did not declare Biafra and instead wait on the government to intervene and stop the killing of igbos in the north, the government would not been stock piling arms immediately Ojukwu declared Biafra. The last thing I will do is to start re-writing history to suit me. Only people without good conviction do that.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by Jbseraph(m): 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
[quote author=attackgat post=so what form of government do you suggest that Nigeria should practice
Regional federation isn't ever coming back in Nigeria, we Igbos know this. The core North will never let it happen and they are holding all the aces. To get regionalism back, the constitution has to be changed. To change the constitution, you need a 2 thirds majority in the National Assembly. With the numerical strenght of the core North in the National Assembly there is no way a 2 thirds majority will be achieved, not even if all the SW/SE/SS/NC votes for it. True federalism/Regionalism is never coming back to Nigeria.[/quote]
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

I have told you to stop this useless sovereignty. Low brain, Africa is a dumping ground for your info.
Lol, I am saying it to u, every country have their territory to protect, and Nigeria will protect theirs whether u like it or not. We showed a lesson in 1967-1970, on how we can protect our territorial integrity.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

Chai, simple comprehension, u can't. What I mean is that , Ojukwu declaring Biafra, it's an act and call for war by the Nigerian side. Of course u are biafran, u will be bias to support ur own, u won't see it as a call for war. After all, the whole problem darted immediately Ojukwu declared Biafra. I wish he did not declare Biafra and instead wait on the government to intervene and stop the killing of igbos in the north, the government would not been stock piling arms immediately Ojukwu declared Biafra. The last thing I will do is to start re-writing history to suit me. Only people without good conviction do that.
The same way Nigeria government is stopping Fulani herdsmen murder today? My friend even Gowan the genocidist said Ojukwu did the right thing so how come did Nigeria government went to war? What happened to Aburi accord? What stops FG from implementing it?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

Lol, I am saying it to u, every country have their territory to protect, and Nigeria will protect theirs whether u like it or not. We showed a lesson in 1967-1970, on how we can protect our territorial integrity.
Who have come back again to this territorial integrity nonsense I have trashed. Who and who made up Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

The same way Nigeria government is stopping Fulani herdsmen murder today? My friend even Gowan the genocidist said Ojukwu did the right thing so how come did Nigeria government went to war? What happened to Aburi accord? What stops FG from implementing it?
Is Fulani herdsman running a republic inside Nigeria? Their actions requires only police intervention. Can't u see that boko haram declared their caliphate, they took territories and hoisted there flags in those territory, telling us they have declared their country, but till now the army is still fighting them for more than 7 years, just like the way we fought buffs that also declared its country.Declare a republic inside Nigeria and see how mad the army gets.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Who have come back again to this territorial integrity nonsense I have trashed. Who and who made up Nigeria?
More than 300 tribes makes up Nigeria.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

Is Fulani herdsman running a republic inside Nigeria? Their actions requires only police intervention. Can't u see that boko haram declared their caliphate, they took territories and hoisted there flags in those territory, telling us they have declared their country, but till now the army is still fighting them for more than 7 years, just like the way we fought buffs that also declared its country.Declare a republic inside Nigeria and see how mad the army gets.
What's wrong with you? You said Ojukwu should have waited for FG to take care of the igbos being shuttered in the north, I now ask you the way FG is stopping Fulani herdsmen, and you jumped to bokoharam. Are you okay?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 12:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

More than 300 tribes makes up Nigeria.
Was there agreement portraying they unanimously agreed to be called a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

What's wrong with you? You said Ojukwu should have waited for FG to take care of the igbos being shuttered in the north, I now ask you the way FG is stopping Fulani herdsmen, and you jumped to bokoharam. Are you okay?
And I said the Fulani herdsmen issue needs police intervention which they are currently on. The police are the ones now fighting to stop this herdsmen. I used it to differentiate on how the government will react when it's territory is threatened. Like in the case of Biafra, so it is in the case of boko haram
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 12:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Was there agreement portraying they unanimously agreed to be called a Nigerian?
U can go ask Ojukwu that question. At the end on the day, what matters is whether u can face Nigeria and win
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 12:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

And I said the Fulani herdsmen issue needs police intervention which they are currently on. The police are the ones now fighting to stop this herdsmen. I used it to differentiate on how the government will react when it's territory is threatened. Like in the case of Biafra, so it is in the case of boko haram
At this juncture go for lunch because your incoherence is increasing with speed of light. See you later. No insults!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

At this juncture go for lunch because your incoherence is increasing with speed of light. See you later. No insults!
I am here, u can use this opportunity to run away. I know u want to run away and cry to ur foster mother. U have being whipped in the a$$. Use style run
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by attackgat: 12:49pm On Sep 16, 2016
[quote author=Jbseraph post=49409791][/quote]

Nigeria should not be practicing at all. Nigeria is the illegal creation of the White man. It should be dissolved so that the indigenous ethnic groups can decide for themselves how they want to be governed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
attackgat:

Nigeria should not be practicing at all. Nigeria is the illegal creation of the White man. It should be dissolved so that the indigenous ethnic groups can decide for themselves how they want to be governed.
Trash

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by attackgat: 1:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

Trash

Exactly what Lugard said when he was shooting your forefathers and raping your mothers in other to make them 'Nigerians'. Don't you feel proud to be his apostle? Of course you are! He named you after a River didn't he? You are his proud product right? Because you are a backward African who the White man decides his country for. You have a lot to be proud of

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

I am here, u can use this opportunity to run away. I know u want to run away and cry to ur foster mother. U have being whipped in the a$$. Use style run
Ofeke, how does your incoherence have a place in 21st century? I have more pressing issues to attend to. Jumping from one place to another isn't a healthy discussion.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
attackgat:

Exactly what Lugard said when he was shooting your forefathers and raping your mothers in other to make them 'Nigerians'. Don't you feel proud to be his apostle? Of course you are! He named you after a River didn't he? You are his proud product right? Because you are a backward African who the White man decides his country for. You have a lot to be proud of
I have spent time educating that idiat but he failed to learn, so I have no option than to allow him wallow in wilderness.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by attackgat: 1:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
obailala:
The point is that, as hard as it may seem to achieve regionalism, achieving regionalism is far more easier and safer than having outright disintegration.

Furthermore, contrary to general beliefs about the core north holding the aces, the truth is that the only impediment to the return of regionalism is the foolishness of the southern blocks (especially the SW and SE) to unite and demand regionalism; even the middle-belt is tired of the domination of the core north and would swing with the south IF only the south can do the sensible thing.

Wrong! The North knows that there is little or no difference in eventual secession and Regionalism. Let's say Regionalism returned and the Igbos had their own region, how long do you think it will be before someone moves a motion of independence from Nigeria in the Igbo Regional parliament? Have we forgotten that the immidiate reason why Ojukwu declared was because Gowon abolished the Regions and created States? Divide and rule is how the Northerners maintain political control of Nigeria and they will never allow true federalism to take that away from them. So the only alternative is for the people to either accept the status quo or agitate to exit the Nigerian union.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by attackgat: 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

I have spent time educating that idiat but he failed to learn, so I have no option than to allow him wallow in wilderness.

Don't worry about him. He is just another Yoruba man who is afraid of what his life will be like if Igbos go, and he is left at the mercy of Hausa/Fulani.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 1:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
attackgat:

Don't worry about him. He is just another Yoruba man who is afraid of what his life will be like if Igbos go, and he is left at the mercy of Hausa/Fulani.
Is that why he devoted all his time jumping from one place to another without a tangible argument against Biafra restoration?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by unclejb2(m): 1:41pm On Sep 16, 2016
mrvitalis:
Let's say for example Biafra is gotten and nnamdi Kanu is president... What will he do if one okon gets up from no were and say he wants Republic of Oron nation and declear Oron independent??

The nnamdi Kanu we know who can't stand intellectual debate.. What will he do?? Tell me
they will be allowed to vote on the issue. Biafra cannot be the same fraud as Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by nku5: 1:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

Civilized? Then why is China holding Tibet, Tiawan, Hong Kong, from freedom? Why is Developed Russia holding chenhya region from freedom even to the extent of going to war with them in order to stop them from breaking out from Russia? Are they not part of the civilized countries? Even if Biafra come today, will u just allow some people just break it up like that? Scotland was independent nation before they decided to join with England and Wales to form UnIted Britain. They have right to secede because they willingly joined Britain on their own. So they can pull out on their own also. That cannot be said of the so called biafrans.

Your facts are badly twisted and inaccurate. Besides the fact that neither china or russia is a real democracy:

1. China: Taiwan IS independent though it was always part of china from the beginning of history. After the communist revolution, the chinese general who lost power to Mao moved to the island and with American backing it has claimed statehood ever since. Hong Kong was simply leased to the British for 100 years and the lease has expired. Chinese are a race, what is a Nigerian? What does it mean to be a Nigerian? Do you know?

2. Russia: The chechenya you mentioned has been the subject of a struggle by big nations for centuries by and between the Russians, Ottoman empires and Crimean khanate. Russia alllowed them be until 1999 when they started sponsoring islamic fundamentalism in the region and attacked Dagestan.

3. Your scotland example is not only wrong its laughable. If Scotland joined willingly why did they fight a war of independence like Biafra did? Moreover who says a nation can only opt out of a state only if it joined willingly, ridiculous idea!

You have no justification at all for denying people the right to self determination as enshrined under the UN charter

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by obailala(m): 2:10pm On Sep 16, 2016
attackgat:

Wrong! The North knows that there is little or no difference in eventual secession and Regionalism. Let's say Regionalism returned and the Igbos had their own region, how long do you think it will be before someone moves a motion of independence from Nigeria in the Igbo Regional parliament? Have we forgotten that the immidiate reason why Ojukwu declared was because Gowon abolished the Regions and created States? Divide and rule is how the Northerners maintain political control of Nigeria and they will never allow true federalism to take that away from them. So the only alternative is for the people to either accept the status quo or agitate to exit the Nigerian union.
You keep making these northerners sound like some form of gods... Inferiority complex and a defeatist attitude is all I read in your comments; and this is a problem faced by the entire south, believing and fearing the northerners as though they were gods of some sort whose decision is final.

Meanwhile your submission doesn't add up, you do not think it is possible to achieve regional rule, but you think it is possible to have outright secession?... The fact is that you are just obsessed with the idea of an exit cos your above assumptions are illogical.

For a secession to succeed, the SE absolutely needs the support of at least the SS and SW, but you and I know the SW and even majority of the SS isn't buying the whole secession idea. (if anyone thinks by any chance that the SS is actually interested in secession, I would simply advise such a person to travel and interact more). A desire which is common with the SS, SE and SW is the return of regionalism (or resource control as the SS would prefer to call it). I also do not doubt the desire of the middle-belt states (Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Plateau, Nassarawa) to return to regionalism also if they had the chance. If any form of restructure is to be achieved, the cooperation of more than one zone is needed, and the only way to get people to cooperate is to offer everyone something which is mutually desired (this concept shouldn't be difficult to understand). Since the SW, middle-belt and even the majority of the SS aren't down for secession, the logic of 'regionalism' being more achievable than secession shouldn't be difficult to understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian States By GDP / Further Break Down List Of Sacked Army Officers Showing Regions / 2023: PDP NEC Shifts Decision On Zoning, Constitutes Two Committees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.