Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy (7603 Views)

Biafra SS : Time For Kanu To Have A Rethink On His Approach Towards The Cause. / Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka / Buhari Belongs To Military Barracks, Lacks Knowledge Of A Democracy - Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 2:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
nku5:

Your facts are badly twisted and inaccurate. Besides the fact that neither china or russia is a real democracy:

1. China: Taiwan IS independent though it was always part of china from the beginning of history. After the communist revolution, the chinese general who lost power to Mao moved to the island and with American backing it has claimed statehood ever since. Hong Kong was simply leased to the British for 100 years and the lease has expired. Chinese are a race, what is a Nigerian? What does it mean to be a Nigerian? Do you know?

2. Russia: The chechenya you mentioned has been the subject of a struggle by big nations for centuries by and between the Russians, Ottoman empires and Crimean khanate. Russia alllowed them be until 1999 when they started sponsoring islamic fundamentalism in the region and attacked Dagestan.

3. Your scotland example is not only wrong its laughable. If Scotland joined willingly why did they fight a war of independence like Biafra did? Moreover who says a nation can only opt out of a state only if it joined willingly, ridiculous idea!

You have no justification at all for denying people the right to self determination as enshrined under the UN charter
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by abobakucannibal: 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
[quote author=DeleteNonsense post=49404387]
You know what? They can hardly engage in healthy argument, I can count on many simple questions I asked them which they couldn't provide an answer. I'm beginning to question their psychological state. [/quote

Exactly,arguing with them is just a waste of time.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 6:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
obailala:
You keep making these northerners sound like some form of gods... Inferiority complex and a defeatist attitude is all I read in your comments; and this is a problem faced by the entire south, believing and fearing the northerners as though they were gods of some sort whose decision is final.

Meanwhile your submission doesn't add up, you do not think it is possible to achieve regional rule, but you think it is possible to have outright secession?... The fact is that you are just obsessed with the idea of an exit cos your above assumptions are illogical.

For a secession to succeed, the SE absolutely needs the support of at least the SS and SW, but you and I know the SW and even majority of the SS isn't buying the whole secession idea. (if anyone thinks by any chance that the SS is actually interested in secession, I would simply advise such a person to travel and interact more). A desire which is common with the SS, SE and SW is the return of regionalism (or resource control as the SS would prefer to call it). I also do not doubt the desire of the middle-belt states (Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Plateau, Nassarawa) to return to regionalism also if they had the chance. If any form of restructure is to be achieved, the cooperation of more than one zone is needed, and the only way to get people to cooperate is to offer everyone something which is mutually desired (this concept shouldn't be difficult to understand). Since the SW, middle-belt and even the majority of the SS aren't down for secession, the logic of 'regionalism' being more achievable than secession shouldn't be difficult to understand.
Nobody is depriving you of your regional autonomy and in the other hand don't deprive others of their right to Self-determination. Thanks.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by obailala(m): 8:11pm On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Nobody is depriving you of your regional autonomy and in the other hand don't deprive others of their right to Self-determination. Thanks.
Biko who am I to deprive anybody of self determination?... Goodluck!
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
obailala:
Biko who am I to deprive anybody of self determination?... Goodluck!
Thank you for your understanding and tell your brothers to desist from attacking Biafrans.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by attackgat: 9:18am On Sep 17, 2016
obailala:
You keep making these northerners sound like some form of gods... Inferiority complex and a defeatist attitude is all I read in your comments; and this is a problem faced by the entire south, believing and fearing the northerners as though they were gods of some sort whose decision is final.

Meanwhile your submission doesn't add up, you do not think it is possible to achieve regional rule, but you think it is possible to have outright secession?... The fact is that you are just obsessed with the idea of an exit cos your above assumptions are illogical.

For a secession to succeed, the SE absolutely needs the support of at least the SS and SW, but you and I know the SW and even majority of the SS isn't buying the whole secession idea. (if anyone thinks by any chance that the SS is actually interested in secession, I would simply advise such a person to travel and interact more). A desire which is common with the SS, SE and SW is the return of regionalism (or resource control as the SS would prefer to call it). I also do not doubt the desire of the middle-belt states (Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Plateau, Nassarawa) to return to regionalism also if they had the chance. If any form of restructure is to be achieved, the cooperation of more than one zone is needed, and the only way to get people to cooperate is to offer everyone something which is mutually desired (this concept shouldn't be difficult to understand). Since the SW, middle-belt and even the majority of the SS aren't down for secession, the logic of 'regionalism' being more achievable than secession shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Nigeria is the illegal creation of the White man. You cannot get legality out of illegality, that's why the very existence of Nigeria is a fraud. The only way to make Nigeria legal is to ask the indigenous ethic groups that Lugard stole their lands to create Nigeria, if they want to continue with the union or if they want leave, via referendum. Any other thing is a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by obailala(m): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2016
attackgat:

Wake up and smell the coffee. Nigeria is the illegal creation of the White man. You cannot get legality out of illegality, that's why the very existence of Nigeria is a fraud. The only way to make Nigeria legal is to ask the indigenous ethic groups that Lugard stole their lands to create Nigeria, if they want to continue with the union or if they want leave, via referendum. Any other thing is a waste of time.
Just FYI, there's hardly any country in this world which isnt an illegal creation by someone, even the almighty USA was an illegal creation, so quit making it sound like Nigeria's case is special. But that's not even the point here.

Like I said earlier, you are just fixated on outright secession, but achieving that might be as easy as a camel passing through the eye of a needle. There is a prerequisite (restructure to regionalism) which should be targeted first and which is most achievable because it would surely be supported by many (within and outwith the zone). But then, you and many others are fixated already on secession, so good luck! All I can say is, if secession ever happens, you would be surprised at what a mess it will bring, especially as the current campaigners haven't thought it through properly and havent thought it wise to put certain things/structures in place first; the present campaigners are 'mostly' just emotional folks seeking a way to exit the rule of buhari, but then, that is just a very myopic basis to want to seceed.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Where were Nigeria territorial integrity when barkasi peninsula was ceded to Cameroun?

Bakassi was ceded by virtue of a court judgement, after the two countries had agreed to go on trial and be bounded by the terms and conditions of the international court of arbitration; it wasn't ceded to a bunch of riff raffs because they could come up with baseless claims of genocide and marginalisation.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Bakassi was ceded by virtue of a court judgement, after the two countries had agreed to go on trial and be bounded by the terms and conditions of the international court of arbitration; it wasn't ceded to a bunch of riff raffs because they could come up with baseless claims of genocide and marginalisation.
If you like paint it with saclux paint the most important thing is that your useless territorial integrity was flawed in a ridiculous manner. QED.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries / Amazing Pictures Of Olawepo Hashim's Meeting With PT Excos In Abuja / Congratulations To Ize Iyamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.