Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy (7601 Views)

Biafra SS : Time For Kanu To Have A Rethink On His Approach Towards The Cause. / Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka / Buhari Belongs To Military Barracks, Lacks Knowledge Of A Democracy - Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 9:22am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

Treasonable felony is the act of declaration, claims and admittance of post, position, status or royalty which is not due to that personality.
Hence, the act of nonacceptance and irresponsibility trials for positivity, whereas it belongs not to such person/persons is a crime and that is treasonable felony.
No man will be unduly punished if find in such net, as it posses threat and instability to the image of a country; which hatred for the authority, fallacy and insubordination is the order of the day.
Treasonable felony is also seen when group of persons do plans to overthrow the government. Not every overthrow is known as treasonable felony as we have coup d,etre and other political overthrow.
In Nigeria, the issue of treasonable felony is seen in the activities of the massob group and the issue that arose in 1993 concerning the issue of Abiola and Babangida which the press traceable calls IBB a subject of treasonable felony.

Source: http://www.answers.com/Q/Define_treasonable_felony

Carefully read your post back to back, you will understand that group of persons carryout such act or do you lack comprehension ability? Then I will interpret those lines one after the other but unfortunately for you I'm much busy now.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Carefully read your post back to back, you will understand that group of persons carryout such act or do you lack comprehension ability? Then I will interpret those lines one after the other but unfortunately for you I'm much busy now.
According to the post, it means any country has the right to define what treasonable felony means to them, that is why it gave MASSOB an example , the Nigerian government has labeled Kanu and Ipob treasonable felonists, and there is nothing the world will do to change that.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

What's treason? "I want my people to be free" is treason?
Yes it is treason against the Nigerian state and it shall not go unpunished

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by Leopardd(m): 10:02am On Sep 16, 2016
kropotkin2:

Which is why Awo after being set free condemned himself as a treasonable felon and drank something meant to kill the rats.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 10:05am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

According to the post, it means any country has the right to define what treasonable felony means to them, that is why it gave MASSOB an example , the Nigerian government has labeled Kanu and Ipob treasonable felonists, and there is nothing the world will do to change that.
How many people was arrested for treason?
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 10:11am On Sep 16, 2016
kropotkin2:
Is Nigeria a signatory to UN treaty and is self-determination domesticated in Nigeria constitution?
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 10:12am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

How many people was arrested for treason?
Benjamin Onwuka of Biafra Zionist movement, (his own case is even worse, he wanted to raise Biafra flag in Enugu government owned station, the police tried to stop him and his members, the fight led to the death of a police officer and members, his still in prison now for years) Nnamdi Kanu of Ipob, and thousands of Ipob members in prison for years, some have not even be tried in court for years.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 10:15am On Sep 16, 2016
Leopardd:

Which is why Awo after being set free condemned himself as a treasonable felon and drank something meant to kill the rats.
Are they learned than justice Ademola who set Kanu free? Is Buhari a legal practitioner? Bros ask them such questions.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 10:16am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Is Nigeria a signatory to UN treaty and is self-determination domesticated in Nigeria constitution?
We may be signatory to that law, that does not mean we are obliged to obey it, after all, we have our constitution which the U.N must obey because they have no right to tamper with any country territorial integrity except that country agrees. The U.N will not say anything about ur Biafra struggle unless Nigeria support it.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DabuIIIT: 10:17am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

That method only works in sane country not animal kingdom we have here so forget about it.
lolss

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 10:19am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

Benjamin Onwuka of Biafra Zionist movement, (his own case is even worse, he wanted to raise Biafra flag in Enugu government owned station, the police tried to stop him and his members, the fight led to the death of a police officer and members, his still in prison now for years) Nnamdi Kanu of Ipob, and thousands of Ipob members in prison for years, some have not even be tried in court for years.
Mr. Empty brain it was only Kanu were charged with treason, every other IPOB members was charged with belonging to unlawful society. What do you think that's keeping FG from convicting him? All they can do is detain him and nothing else. Mark my words somewhere!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by Eyibeauty: 10:21am On Sep 16, 2016
Good day, my fellow nairalanders, please let's help a young Nigerian lady win this global video contest on climate change by viewing and sharing. Your view is your vote, let's give her a million votes.Thanks.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mWfwPjVIRo
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 10:22am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

We may be signatory to that law, that does not mean we are obliged to obey it, after all, we have our constitution which the U.N must obey because they have no right to tamper with any country territorial integrity except that country agrees. The U.N will not say anything about ur Biafra struggle unless Nigeria support it.
What happened to your might and territorial integrity in the case of barkasi peninsula of Nigeria and Cameroun?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 10:23am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Mr. Empty brain it was only Kanu were charged with treason, every other IPOB members was charged with belonging to unlawful society. What do you think that's keeping FG from convicting him? All they can do is detain him and nothing else. Mark my words somewhere!
We shall see, at least uwazurike of Massob did not insult Igbo elders, or insult other tribe, but he still spent close to 8 years in jail. Expect that for ur lord and savior Kanu. BELIEVE THAT
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by nku5: 10:24am On Sep 16, 2016
obailala:
Absolutely... The truth is that no leader anywhere in the world would sit back and allow the territory he rules to be divided; not even the amiable GEJ would permit that to happen under his nose. Buhari however needs to talk less on the issue of Biafra.

But UK that colonised us and gave us democracy, conducted a referendum for Scotland to decide. Thats how civilised,democratic nations behave. Thats why they progress

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 10:26am On Sep 16, 2016
Eyibeauty:

Good day, my fellow nairalanders, please let's help a young Nigerian lady win this global video contest on climate change by viewing and sharing. Your view is your vote, let's give her a million votes.Thanks.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mWfwPjVIRo
Tell us to help a fellow human and don't limit it to only nairalanders.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 10:29am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

What happened to your might and territorial integrity in the case of barkasi peninsula of Nigeria and Cameroun?
In the bakassi, both Nigeria and Cameroon were claiming it's their territory, It was a Hotly contested land even before independence. Nigeria and Cameroon have fought low key battles several times for that land, but Cameroon got tired and took the case to international court, which ruled to their favor because Bakassi was part of Cameron from the beginning until Nigeria annexed it only because there were Nigerians who settled there and then over populated the territory even more than the original people there. Can Ipob take Nigeria to the intentional court? Lol,
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 10:32am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

We shall see, at least uwazurike of Massob did not insult Igbo elders, or insult other tribe, but he still spent close to 8 years in jail. Expect that for ur lord and savior Kanu. BELIEVE THAT
You see why my moniker isn't allow to sail here because I know you people lack common rationality, if you keep him in detention have you convicted him? How then do you bring insulting igbo elders to this discussion or did you arrested him because of insulting igbo elders? Chai Afonja small brain.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 10:35am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

In the bakassi, both Nigeria and Cameroon were claiming it's their territory, It was a Hotly contested land even before independence. Nigeria and Cameroon have fought low key battles several times for that land, but Cameroon got tired and took the case to international court, which ruled to their favor because Bakassi was part of Cameron from the beginning until Nigeria annexed it only because there were Nigerians who settled there and then over populated the territory even more than the original people there. Can Ipob take Nigeria to the intentional court? Lol,
My question is, "was barkasi peninsula a Nigerian territory?" just yes or no!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 10:36am On Sep 16, 2016
nku5:

But UK that colonised us and gave us democracy, conducted a referendum for Scotland to decide. Thats how civilised,democratic nations behave. Thats why they progress
Civilized? Then why is China holding Tibet, Tiawan, Hong Kong, from freedom? Why is Developed Russia holding chenhya region from freedom even to the extent of going to war with them in order to stop them from breaking out from Russia? Are they not part of the civilized countries? Even if Biafra come today, will u just allow some people just break it up like that? Scotland was independent nation before they decided to join with England and Wales to form UnIted Britain. They have right to secede because they willingly joined Britain on their own. So they can pull out on their own also. That cannot be said of the so called biafrans.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

My question is, "was barkasi peninsula a Nigerian territory?" just yes or no!
To Nigeria, it was Nigerian territory, to Cameroon, it was their territory, but to the international community, it was Cameroon territory right from the beginning which Nigeria unlawfully annexed
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 10:40am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

You see why my moniker isn't allow to sail here because I know you people lack common rationality, if you keep him in detention have you convicted him? How then do you bring insulting igbo elders to this discussion or did you arrested him because of insulting igbo elders? Chai Afonja small brain.
He had a grand plan on how to break up Nigeria and he was working towards it, that why he was arrested. Uwazurike was convicted and sentenced, he was not just kept in prison. U have brains, use it to comprehend.
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 10:44am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

To Nigeria, it was Nigerian territory, to Cameroon, it was their territory, but to the international community, it was Cameroon territory right from the beginning which Nigeria unlawfully annexed
It was Nigeria territory right? Then how come the Nigeria territorial integrity was Shattered by the same people you said that can’t detect to you on what to do?
Remember your statement that even international community can't detect to you on what do, that your sovereignty and useless territorial integrity is untouchable, so how come you were detected on what to do in the case of barkasi peninsula?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 10:46am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

He had a grand plan on how to break up Nigeria and he was working towards it, that why he was arrested. Uwazurike was convicted and sentenced, he was not just kept in prison. U have brains, use it to comprehend.
Who and who agreed to be a Nigerian in the first place before we start discussing its breakup?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 10:53am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

It was Nigeria territory right? Then how come the Nigeria territorial integrity was Shattered by the same people you said that can’t detect to you on what to do?
Remember your statement that even international community can't detect to you on what do, that your sovereignty and useless territorial integrity is untouchable, so how come you were detected on what to do in the case of barkasi peninsula?
Nigeria knew it may lead to bigger armed conflict, and heavy sanctions from the U.N so we just obeyed international court. lol, so can the U.N sanction Nigeria because we refuse to give u biafran territory? I guess No. That is why we are not afraid to give u Biafra, u can kill ur self, the U.N will not loose sleep over u people. BELIEVE THAT
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 10:57am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Who and who agreed to be a Nigerian in the first place before we start discussing its breakup?
Lol, keep deceiving urself, maybe u should ask Nnamdi Azikiwe. Or u should ask Jaja nwachukwu who was Nigeria first ambassador to the U.N why he did not tell the U.N and world that there are biafrans that want freedom in Nigeria. I know why, because there was nothing like Biafra then, lol. Or maybe u should ask Britain why they brought us together and colonized us, or u can provide the so called 100 years of existence crap. Show me the document now
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 11:01am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

Nigeria knew it may lead to bigger armed conflict, and heavy sanctions from the U.N so we just obeyed international court. lol, so can the U.N sanction Nigeria because we refuse to give u biafran territory? I guess no. That is why we are not afraid to give u Biafra, u can kill ur self, the U.N will not loose sleep over u people.
I thank God by now you must have desist from using that useless "territorial integrity and no one can detect to Nigeria on what to do", any day I see you using it in any thread then I will know you're incurable. That reminds me, have Nigeria fought any foreign nation and win?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 11:07am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

Lol, keep deceiving urself, maybe u should ask Nnamdi Azikiwe. Or u should ask Jaja nwachukwu who was Nigeria first ambassador to the U.N why he did not tell the U.N and world that there are biafrans that want freedom in Nigeria. I know why, because there was nothing like Biafra then, lol. Or maybe u should ask Britain why they brought us together and colonized us, or u can provide the so called 100 years of existence crap. Show me the document now
Why aren't you stable? Why jumping from Pilar to post? Is that how your government will win Kanu in debate? Sorry is your name.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 11:09am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

Why aren't you stable? Why jumping from Pilar to post? Is that how your government will win Kanu in debate? Sorry is your name.
Answer my questions, unserious being
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by victorvezx(m): 11:11am On Sep 16, 2016
DeleteNonsense:

I thank God by now you must have desist from using that useless "territorial integrity and no one can detect to Nigeria on what to do", any day I see you using it in any thread then I will know you're incurable. That reminds me, have Nigeria fought any foreign nation and win?
Have igbos or Biafra fought any foreign nation and win. Ok I remember, u were once a foreign nation because u were independent for 3 years. Then u went to war with a nation and that nation totally destroyed Biafra, killing 2 million biafran citizens and taking back the biafran territory. I mean, which defeat could ever be worse than that?
Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 11:21am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:

Have igbos or Biafra fought any foreign nation and win. Ok I remember, u were once a foreign nation because u were independent for 3 years. Then u went to war with a nation and that nation totally destroyed Biafra, killing 2 million biafran citizens, I mean, which defeat could be worse than that?
You know what? you are a defeated soul searching for anything for safety. Our argument started with territorial integrity and ended with it. You should have answer me yes and mention the nation or maybe mention Biafra then I will start from their but your incoherence is so alarming. And I advise other members of this forum to stop engaging you in healthy discussion because you can hardly maintain one.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Oppressive Approach Towards Biafra Has No Place In A Democracy by DeleteNonsense: 11:24am On Sep 16, 2016
victorvezx:
Answer my questions, unserious being
Was there agreement between Igbo, Yoruba and Hausas to be one Nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC / Dickson Seriake Wins PDP Governorship Primary In Bayelsa / 10 Soldiers Burnt To Death In An Accident In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.