Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook - Politics (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook (138430 Views)

Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo) / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates His Birthday, See What He Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by SpicyJosBabe(f): 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
OMG, genieluv dear, so you are still battling these guys since that day?
Men are you an amazon of a woman grin, well 4me i'd say you should take a chill. You are too much to be wasting your time on these IPOB children of hate, we know them everywhere and their bottled up souls of frustration, embitterment, despondence and self-inflicted pain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:
Men are you an amazon of a woman grin, well 4me i'd say you should take a chill. You are too much to be wasting your time on these IPOB children of hate, we know them everywhere and their bottled up souls of frustration, embitterment, despondence and self-inflicted pain.

genieluv, so you've taken your dementia to this level? You use one account to display your ignorance and you log in with the other to console yourself and praise yourself? Apparently, on one was liking your posts, except for some dirty hor.ny old male pig, so you decided to hide under your fake moniker to praise yourself like you got game. Du.mb hoe. grin

Who wants to partner up with a devil anyway who only knows hate and seeds of discord? grin grin

You are such a fake schizophrenic woman. Your writing styles for genieluv and spicyjosbabe are just the same and you are such a du.mb bi.at.ch that you could not effectively disguise yourself under this fake moniker. Old putrid hag. Lmao grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by AlNur: 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
ikechu1:
Cc.genieluv

Which etche are you talking about?

You are a very despicable, disgusting, piece of animal.

A useless cumbucket.

And you wonder why igbo wants to get as far away from you savages from North.

And you have to audacity to call others HATEFUL, look.in the mirror you ugly b1tch
please what is the name of their facebook page I will like to read more.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
genieluv:

What frenetic and delirious lunatics! Aberrant and unstable psychopaths!
The both of u and FoolishFrancis (group of miscreants) think i have the time to spoonfeed your madness and depth of obliviousness all day?

I now see the reason why you igbo miscreants can make yourself available to become objects of shoot and practice by the Nigerian army and object of ridicule to all.
Depredated and excanguinous vermins!
You savage and bestial creatures are not ashamed of yourselves, one lady like me is containning all your madness. Well, unlike you scallywags, i have a real everyday life outside nairaland and a bubbling career, but i promise you urchins that with the little time i have, i will always attend to your deranged and demented sick pathetic selves.
You derelicts are free to masturbate on my mentions, on your marks, set, go. Let's see the first scallywag

Lmao dumb num.b skull, this is your strategy, run away when the heat is up and return when the heat dies down, huhhhh?

Buhahaha@ Depredated and excanguinous vermins! Du.mb bia.tch trying to form intelligent by blowing grammar that does not even exist in the dictionary. Words totally out of context and meaning. Hahahahahaha

Du.mb fat old hag with empty brains. Ubulu okuko. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by genieluv(f): 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
MrPresident1:

I doubt those cerebral hemispheres are intact, abi how can a fully grown supposedly educate person say Dangote's wealth is not recognised by America when Bill Gates is Dangote's friend?

He is an empty head forming intellectual

I just taya for this buffon of a scoundrel o. The guy is just impossible. He puts a fake picture on his profile thinking it will cover up for his inane, ludicrous and psychopathic dispositions.
What an unfortunate creature wallowing in crudeness and obliviousness.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
genieluv:

I just taya for this buffon of a scoundrel o. The guy is just impossible. He puts a fake picture on his profile thinking it will cover up for his inane, ludicrous and psychopathic dispositions.
What an unfortunate creature wallowing in crudeness and obliviousness.

Look who's been checking my profile picture out....buhahaha....sorry hoe I'm taken....no Igbo boys for your level of dum.b brains, now serve your putrid stinking goodness to your hor.ny dirty male pig supporter. buhahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by genieluv(f): 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

Nagode kawata. Karki damu dani. Zasu ci durin uwarsu.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by AlNur: 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2016
genieluv:
Ok, i have one word for you Ipob miscreants and Nnamdi Kanu's children of hate.

I am a member of the largest Anioma group on facebook and the name of that Anioma cultural group is ANIOMA VOICE.
Since you miscreants have formed a 'comrade in arms' group to attack every Anioma with different views here on nairaland, i suggest you miscreants should go to Anioma voice group on facebook (our largest online social group).

Go to Anioma voice and post igbo kwenu and see if anybody will answer you miscreants, or go to that forum and post Anioma people are for Biafra and see the insults of your lives you will get. That is one way you scoundrels can always get the true views of Anioma people not through some social group of Nnamdi's miscreants who claim to be Anioma feeding you guys with thrash about Anioma people.

The last topic we had on Biafra or Igbo identity on Anioma voice, the majority of we the forumites rejected Biafra and rejected Igbo identity. Ok?
So u south east scoundrels should attend Anioma gatherings or our social groups if you truly want to know what real Aniomas think not on nairaland.
The man am seeing is a very proud and vocal igbo man. He was my history lecturer in UNN. You just lied, people should not come here and say what they don't have a clue on.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by genieluv(f): 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:

genieluv, so you've taken your dementia to this level? You use one account to display your ignorance and you log in with the other to console yourself and praise yourself? Apparently, on one was liking your posts, except for some dirty hor.ny old male pig, so you decided to hide under your fake moniker to praise yourself like you got game. Du.mb hoe. grin

Who wants to partner up with a devil anyway who only knows hate and seeds of discord? grin grin

You are such a fake schizophrenic woman. Your writing styles for genieluv and spicyjosbabe are just the same and you are such a du.mb bi.at.ch that you could not effectively disguise yourself under this fake moniker. Old putrid hag. Lmao grin grin grin
bigfrancis21:

Lmao dumb num.b skull, this is your strategy, run away when the heat is up and return when the heat dies down, huhhhh?
Buhahaha@ Depredated and excanguinous vermins! Du.mb bia.tch trying to form intelligent by blowing grammar that does not even exist in the dictionary. Words totally out of context and meaning. Hahahahahaha
Du.mb fat old hag with empty brains. Ubulu okuko. grin grin
bigfrancis21:

Look who's been checking my profile picture out....buhahaha....sorry hoe I'm taken....no Igbo boys for your level of dum.b brains, now serve your putrid stinking goodness to your hor.ny dirty male pig supporter. buhahahaha

So, is this all your disfigured cranial organs can offer?
I tot you had some intellect upstairs to challenge facts? Why haven't u challenged any more facts?

Moronic addlebrain. I already have enough igbo guys am snubbing on my list of toasters, and you are way below their class for me to even think of, i don't do futureless derelicts and street urchins, jobless urchins who are always on social network 24 hrs for display of madness and tribal extremism or shoot and practice victims for the army.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 9:37pm On Oct 01, 2016
genieluv:

Schizoprenic and deranged nincompooooo!
The fact that you have never left Mbaise or Ohafia once to move round Nigeria and other countries of the world is no one's fault but your miserable, dejected and down-trodden family and their misfortune. Only a bush Ngwa man like you who was born and spent all his life in Isi-alangwa will talk like that.
Kano, Kaduna, Abuja, Zaria, Jos e.t.c are among the most populous and largest states, cities in Nigeria and as long as anyone is concerned, Hausa language has the largest number of speakers in Nigeria and West Africa and Kannywood has the responsibility in reaching out to them all. Over a hundred and fifty million people.
The fact that you don't know this is as a result of your callowness, obtuseness and shallowness. What a crude little savage.

The British, Germans, French and Chinese also have Swahili, Arabic and Amharic speaking radio stations to reach out to the millions of these language speakers all over Africa, now tell me, are Igbos more literate than all the arabic, swahili and amharic speakers in the whole of Africa that the Europeans have to broadcast in their languages? This is how you miscreants embarass yourselves everywhere.
Face it dimwitt!
Hausa is an international language and that is why they have been accorded that status and recognition by the Europeans at the same level with other African international languages like Swahili and Arabic. A cheap scoundrel claiming to know something when he knows nought.

This du.mb hag is still here arguing about Kannywood when Nollywood is the 2nd largest movie industry in the world? Old woman, is your old age hampering your ability to reason effectively

Despite all your empty hypings of Kannywood, the average Nigerian does not even know that Kannywood exists in Nigeria. Meanwhile, the WHOLE WORLD, I mean, the WHOLE WORLD knows about Nollywood. You are very stewpeed indeed. Repeat after me, Ah yam very stew peed. Lmao

For your information, I live in the United States. Before I left Nigeria in 2013, I went to several states in Nigeria and got exposed to different tribes and customs. When it comes to exposure, I am 10 times as exposed as you'll ever be. Schizophrenic bi.atch.

Now, for your viewing pleasure below. Do grab some popcorn and tissue and console yourself as you digest the images below, old hag. grin grin

Meet 'Nollywood': The second largest movie industry in the world

by Jake Bright JUNE 24, 2015

Written by Jake Bright, a Whitehead Fellow of The Foreign Policy Association and author of the upcoming book, The Next Africa: An Emerging Continent Becomes a Global Powerhouse. No be me write am o, na american write am o. grin grin

http://fortune.com/2015/06/24/nollywood-movie-industry/

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
genieluv:

I tot you had some intellect upstairs to challenge facts? Why haven't u challenged any more facts?

Moronic addlebrain. I already have enough igbo guys am snubbing on my list of toasters, and you are way below their class for me to even think of, i don't do futureless derelicts and street urchins, jobless urchins who are always on social network 24 hrs for display of madness and tribal extremism or shoot and practice victims for the army.

I swear, no Igbo guy wants your dirty putrid goodness. Spare those lies for the gods. At the end of the day, Igbo guys look east for a wife. They marry their beautiful Nkechi, Chinyere, Adaugo, Adaora etc., majority who are consistent winners of ms Nigeria beauty contests and at the same time best graduating students in universities home and abroad? Igbo women effectively combine beauty and brains, both of which you do not even have. Why should any sensible Igbo guy leave their beautiful and intelligent damsels for some du.mb mgbeke hoe like you who cannot even speak English properly? You no reach half of my beautiful Igbo sisters jare. If you dare to prove me wrong, upload a picture of your aging face let the whole world see. Old hag. Stop consoling yourself unnecessarily. Akpa njo. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by ChilledPill: 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
I can't imagine what you will look like in real life, maybe some dark, dirty, old, ugly and very skinny harlot.

A.booki dirty d.ick rider killing herself over IGBO matter all because of oyeel and grazing field.....

*spits on ur harlot old and ugly face*

[s]
genieluv:

[/s]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 9:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
genieluv:

You have been ranting all over the place since like a biitch on heat, with nollywood so much, ok can you tell me how many igbo actors, producers or igbo movies have won Golden globes, Oscars, Emmys, Grammys or any world entertainment award? Since you claim they have recognition in all planets and galaxies of the universe. grin
When we see touts and street thugs ranting, we know them.

Biitch, if your cerebral hemispheres, your cerebrum and medulla oblongata were intact you will know am talking of movies and a movie industry that promotes indigenous African languages to the whole world and not some bleached skin igbo bitches who fake accents and expose their tiger-stripped stretch mark ass in the name of acting.
The largest indigenous african language movie industry is non other than Kannywood. grin

@bold...look who's calling a guy 'biitch' grin...you see how du.mb and stu.pid you are? Even a primary 3 child knows that men do not go on heat, only females do. Rather, let me be the one telling you you are the one ranting all over this thread like a biitch on heat. Maybe after 7 days when your heat is over you'll come back to your senses. Du.mb hoe.

Here, let me educate you like a toddler on what bit.ch means. Numb.skull

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by AlNur: 9:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
ikechu1:

Anioma voice that has NONE ANIOMA, both north and yoruba as members is what this guy is claiming to be the largest anioma group on FB. Infact the number of my in the group is less than 50, 000 and this slowpoke is calling it "the largest members of anioma". The fact the the group has none anioma in it as members is enough evidence to support that it is not for anioma. Imfact, do you want me to screenshot the names of the members of that group, I'll be MORE THAN happy to do so and someone can tell us how a Suielman and an adulliah are members. The fact there are yorubas and North in a group meant for anioma is something I'll Never join. Hell even SE are members of it as there names are also on the list.

The last membership that even joined them was 5 months ago grin grin. The largest anioma group my ass. Most members they have are joined 2 and 3 years old. I guess anioma ppl stopped joining FB according to this wannabe

And the fact you claimed you got added into the proudly anioma, proudly igbo is enough evidence to support the term Ngozi calls you aka a compulsive liar. They don't even add people in that group, you have to request it yourself nor do they barely talk about Biafra in the entire group. You are a complete joke. Learn how to lie...seriously. if you going to do it do often then BE GOOD AT IT.
Seriously how can this benue babe lie up and down thinking we have dummies here. Nobody adds anyone on that group, you request for it and gets accepted. Biafra don't get discussed on the group but peculiar igbo culture, language, history etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
She has run away again as usual. Like a coward, she runs away when the heat is up and when everybody looks away she returns like she got game. Du.mb hoe.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
genieluv:

Oh, the US doesn't recognize Dangote's wealth? so why do some American companies partner with him? Do you want me to list them here for you? Just one example, Dangote co-sponsors some African programs on CNN (the most popular and number 1 American news station and in the whole world), i even watched one today on CNN. So WTF are u talking about?
Forbes is one of the highest ranking American magazine and in terms of classifying people of fame and wealth, they do recognize Dangote, so what else do you want?

Besides is America the United nations or the judge of the whole world? Do all the other countries of the world deny Dangote? Does the united nations deny him?
Do you have any brain in your coconut head at all? Are your cerebral hemispheres intact?

Do not misquote me, old hag. I said the US does not recognize his money as legal. Meaning that Dangote did not become rich through legal means and by his own efforts alone. In fact, US outlets exposed the scam and corruption by which he grew rich. With corruption, the Nigerian government poured millions of dollars into his business and, while blocking out others, made him a monopoly in the cement and sugar industries. With such tremendous assistance, anybody else in Dangote's position could have also gotten rich. Now compare this with the thousands of self-made Igbo millionaires and billionaires who became successful by dint of sheer hard work and perseverance. There is nothing special about his wealth to be making noise about when he would not have gotten there without huge government assistance. Bill Gates is a friend to many people, poor and rich. His being friends with Dangote does not mean he 'accepts' his wealth, du.mb hag. Anybody can be friends with anybody. You lack reasoning.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by oilykid(m): 10:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
shocked shocked omo some guys no get joy at all..Their mouth fit make person hate his/her life grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by oilykid(m): 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:
She has run away again as usual. Like a coward, she runs away when the heat is up and when everybody looks away she returns like she got game. Du.mb hoe.
you are indeed a super lion.. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by ChilledPill: 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:

I swear, no Igbo guy wants your dirty putrid goodness. Spare those lies for the gods. At the end of the day, Igbo guys look east for a wife. They marry their beautiful Nkechi, Chinyere, Adaugo, Adaora etc., majority who are consistent winners of ms Nigeria beauty contests and at the same time best graduating students in universities home and abroad? Igbo women effectively combine beauty and brains, both of which you do not even have. Why should any sensible Igbo guy leave their beautiful and intelligent damsels for some du.mb mgbeke hoe like you who cannot even speak English properly? You no reach half of my beautiful Igbo sisters jare. If you dare prove me wrong, upload a picture of your aging face let the whole world see. Old hag. Stop consoling yourself unnecessarily. grin grin grin
Gbam you nailed it bro.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ngozi123(f): 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
Does anyone here know of any good books that one can read about Igbo cultural rites of passage- one that goes into a lot of detail? I'm looking for a new book to read in my spare time and I would really like to expand my knowledge on this topic.

Thanks in advance smiley.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ngozi123:
Does anyone here know of any good books that one can read about Igbo cultural rites of passage- one that goes into a lot of detail? I'm looking for a new book to read in my spare time and I would really like to expand my knowledge on this topic.

Thanks in advance smiley.

Igbo cultural rites of passage, passage as in death or like passage/transition from one stage in life to another?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ngozi123(f): 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Igbo cultural rites of passage, passage as in death or like passage/transition from one stage in life to another?

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I meant from one stage in life to another e.g. childhood to adulthood, birth etc. Mostly centred on personhood to be honest.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by chukzyblingz(m): 4:51am On Oct 02, 2016
AlNur:
Seriously how can this benue babe lie up and down thinking we have dummies here. Nobody adds anyone on that group, you request for it and gets accepted. Biafra don't get discussed on the group but peculiar igbo culture, language, history etc.
stop fooling yourself. Nobody discusses Igbo on Anioma voice. read the group's description and you never see Igbo anywhere. The page is strictly pro Anioma and people in Proudly Anioma Proudly Igbo says it's Igbo phobic. How it's Igbo phobic I don't know. So anything that's not pro Igbo automatically becomes Igbo phobic?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by jayrule(m): 7:50am On Oct 02, 2016
genieluv:

You have been ranting all over the place since like a biitch on heat, with nollywood so much, ok can you tell me how many igbo actors, producers or igbo movies have won Golden globes, Oscars, Emmys, Grammys or any world entertainment award? Since you claim they have recognition in all planets and galaxies of the universe. grin
When we see touts and street thugs ranting, we know them.

Biitch, if your cerebral hemispheres, your cerebrum and medulla oblongata were intact you will know am talking of movies and a movie industry that promotes indigenous African languages to the whole world and not some bleached skin igbo bitches who fake accents and expose their tiger-stripped stretch mark ass in the name of acting.
The largest indigenous african language movie industry is non other than Kannywood. grin

All I see is rant and irrelevant dictions. Although, from the begining of the post, I saw you as a very reasonable entity. However, how you hurl insult on Ndi Igbo has lowered your standard into a very foul smelling sceptic tank.

First of all, Anioma is Igbo structurally (culturally and politically. In fact, historically!)
Secondly, you have no right to meddle in Igbo issues as your paternity refutes you from doing so!
And thirdly, let me go back to how reasonable you've been from the begining of the post. You talked about Unity between Ndi Igbo of the East and their Family west of the Niger (Ndi Igbo nke Anioma). This unity we are talking about predates us! It is there in historical documents; from Obi Ossai to Equianoh and from him to Obi Efeizomor. Ikechu1 has helped us out here so no need to refer you to any link or whatsoever.

I'm sorry if I have in anyway been insultive to you here. All my point is, dont come here and drag anioma on your head like it your personal property. Even because your claims to being a bonafide Anioma indigene is controversial. Thank you my lady. Have a blessed sunday.

And mind you, I'm no Biafran, I just want the Unity of Ani Ndi Igbo for this predates us. It helped us in the past. We were envied politically and in all aspect of our relevance and contributions to the development of this country in terms of intellectual resources! wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by jayrule(m): 8:02am On Oct 02, 2016
Bigfrances21, Ikechu1 and the rest here. Please let act more civilized and debate wisely on this issue before us. Less human trashing cool

Let talk of how we can contribute to the creation of Anioma. The Onus is on all of us. Whatever sacrifices (Onitsha) we need to surrender to see tonit that Anioma is re united to us, we must do that.

Less talk on Biafra, more Emphasis on Anioma. Nnamdi Kanu have done so well. Let take it from him. No Biafra talk biko! Igbo will be great again when we unite for better political position in this country.

Anioma is not about Ezechime Clan cos The Ukwuanis and Ndi Aboh are not from the Ezechime clan. Their kith and kins are the Mgbidi and Oguta of Imo (this is what Igbophobia dont know grin Ignorance is bliss to the stupid). Ogbaru will remain in Anambra while Onitsha goes to Anioma. Igbodo in Ika, their kith and kins are far away in Etche (rivers state! Omo see distance cheesy)

Igbo di ukwu!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by jayrule(m): 8:04am On Oct 02, 2016
chukzyblingz:
stop fooling yourself. Nobody discusses Igbo on Anioma voice. read the group's description and you never see Igbo anywhere. The page is strictly pro Anioma and people in Proudly Anioma Proudly Igbo says it's Igbo phobic. How it's Igbo phobic I don't know. So anything that's not pro Igbo automatically becomes Igbo phobic?

I'll quote you later. Mr. Solomon Mgbejume...
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by jayrule(m): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2016
cheesy
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 9:02am On Oct 02, 2016
Ngozi123:

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I meant from one stage in life to another e.g. childhood to adulthood, birth etc. Mostly centred on personhood to be honest.

To the best of my knowledge, the passage rite I know in Igbo culture is the one for transition from a child to a young lady, called 'iru mgbede' in Igbo. I would want to assume you know have an idea already, if not I could tell you what I know.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by genieluv(f): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2016
Curlieweed:

While I believe some of us here are granting an Igbo toga a bit too cheaply to some undeserving groups, I do find the logic in your statement here somewhat intriguing.

Regarding the highlighted, how can Anioma be one when some groups deny being Igbos while others accept being Igbos? Logically, in my opinion, its either you're united in not being Igbo or you're (as mostly likely) the case not united at all.

cc. ikechu1

Anioma remains one because we have been living together as one people for ages before the british came and the british never met us or our kingdoms as igbo kingdoms and we never adressed ourselves as Igbo people rather we adressed people from across the Niger as Igbos (according to what my uncles told me).

Igbo identity issues is not enough to divide Anioma people because the identity IGBO of today itself was a British creation to encapsulate all the tribes who speak a similar language to the original IGBO people who had that name somewhere in the east just like Yoruba was a name meant for only Oyo people originally but the british later used it to define all the tribes who speak a language similar to Oyo. All these are colonial influences and are superficial.
This is why you can never see Anioma kings arguing with themselves on igbo issues because the need does not really arises.
The only thing that can divide Anioma people is if all Ika or all Ukwuani or Enuani kings agree that their subgroups should be completely pulled out of the Anioma identity and they make a public declaration and then cease from attending Anioma meetings or anything that has to do with Anioma identity and start redefining themselves. That is the only thing that can make us independent of each other of our joint identity, nothing else, not even igbo issues.
And even among we the Enuani people, every king can only speak for his own kingdom, the Asagba of Asaba for instance can only speak for Asaba kingdom, he cannot speak for the whole Oshimili let alone the whole Enuani, not to talk of Anioma as a whole, so you see why seperation is something that would be very difficult for us?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by genieluv(f): 10:38am On Oct 02, 2016
bigfrancis21:

This du.mb hag is still here arguing about Kannywood when Nollywood is the 2nd largest movie industry in the world? Old woman, is your old age hampering your ability to reason effectively

Despite all your empty hypings of Kannywood, the average Nigerian does not even know that Kannywood exists in Nigeria. Meanwhile, the WHOLE WORLD, I mean, the WHOLE WORLD knows about Nollywood. You are very stewpeed indeed. Repeat after me, Ah yam very stew peed. Lmao

For your information, I live in the United States. Before I left Nigeria in 2013, I went to several states in Nigeria and got exposed to different tribes and customs. When it comes to exposure, I am 10 times as exposed as you'll ever be. Schizophrenic bi.atch.

Now, for your viewing pleasure below. Do grab some popcorn and tissue and console yourself as you digest the images below, old hag. grin grin

Meet 'Nollywood': The second largest movie industry in the world

by Jake Bright JUNE 24, 2015

Written by Jake Bright, a Whitehead Fellow of The Foreign Policy Association and author of the upcoming book, The Next Africa: An Emerging Continent Becomes a Global Powerhouse. No be me write am o, na american write am o. grin grin

http://fortune.com/2015/06/24/nollywood-movie-industry/

If not that your psychology works like that of animal specie, you will not make comment like you have done here. You say the average Nigerian does not know about Kannywood, who is the average Nigerian? Are the people of the 19 northern states of Nigera excluded from your definition of Nigeria? Or does Nigerian definition defines only your peeps in Isi-alangwa?

You claim the whole world knows about Nollywood, so i asked you to list the number of Golden globes, Oscars, Emmys and other international entertainment awards which nollywood movies have won and all you can do is screenshot unknown websites from unknown actors. Miscreants are always miscreants and nothing can change them. Reprobate.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 10:42am On Oct 02, 2016
Hey Ngozi123, I found an article on different rites of passage performed in Igboland for both males and females. Take a look.

Interesting enough, the efiks also have the custom of 'fattening rooms' for their ladies. Could this be an import to Efikland from Igboland or vice versa?

IRU MGBEDE IN IGBOLAND IN NIGERIA
The IGBOs are people from the south eastern parts of Nigeria. They make up Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo states, as well as, parts of Delta, Akwa Ibom and Rivers states. Today, you will find them in every corner of the world in pursuit of wealth and education. They are mostly Christians and others with indigenous beliefs. They engage in mostly monogamous marriages according to the Christian teaching with small minority especially those with indigenous beliefs who still engage in polygamous marriages.

The Igbos are known for their trademarks such as: relentless competition in pursuit of knowledge and wealth willing to make it in any corner of the globe skilled in turning nothing or very little into a lot very family and community centric, does not wait for central governments to fund major infrastructures such as roads, schools, etc.

KINGSHIP ORGANIZATION
An Igbo offspring is a product of his father's lineage and therefore the chi is patrilineal in outlook.
When one attains the age of puberty, then one is introduced to both the mother's mother's lineage and the father's father's lineage. When one marries, his wife's lineage plays a very important social role for his children. In fact, in the entire society of Igbo people, there exists a series of Agnatic groups. For inheritance and succession, a person takes the lawful right property from the lineage of his father.

CUSTOMARY COURT
Not long ago, western scholars with colonial genes thought and wrote that primitive and tribal societies in Africa had no laws. The European scholars saw "law" as a concept of western culture, including courts and the judges. In Nigeria they observed the rulers like the Emirs of Kano and Sokoto. Scholars did not realize that all societies have their own laws, developed out of their experiences for their unique needs and survival. Before the arrival of the colonial government, the Igbo people were ruled by their Obis and Ezes according to the traditional laws and customs. Native courts were established in different divisional headquarters. Each village was represented by the headman or Nze councilor. Small cases were handled locally at the village level by village heads, particularly cases such as family disputes. Many cases in native courts were reviewed by the district officer or the resident who lived in the urban or divisional/provincial headquarters. The enforcem
Among the Igbo law is based on rules which are enacted by the elders and sanctioned by the ancestors Ndichie. An infraction of a law does not constitute the breaking of a taboo. Those who broke the law are punished or fined. Igbo concept of law is rooted in Igbo jurisprudence which is a body of complex arguments of ethical principles.
During the Administrative Empire, the former head rulers in Igbo land were removed, and they were replaced by the "warrant" chiefs and their functions were re-defined. The "indirect rule," as it was popularly called, or imperial rule established its chain of command as explained in the above chart. With the ushering in of political life in Igbo land, N.C.N.C. (Nigerian Cameroon National Council) political leaders preached African Democracy. This gave rise to local government reforms in the Eastern region of Nigeria; the heart of Igbo land. The electoral voting zones were created according to population. The Igbo consensus rule was affected by the European political system. From 1952, the system of rule was regarded by the Ezes and the 0bis as a non-Igbo way of life; a democratic system whereby strangers outnumbered the aborigines who could rule. The formation of political parties was one of the most modern organizational changes that occurred in Igbo land before the Independence.
The advent of a political system no doubt brought many innovations in education, modernization, and changes in infrastructure, but has drastically changed many men from their cultural code and moral basis of acquiring wealth. Wealth acquired immorally does not earn profit and respect. The stealing of an ear of corn from a farm was an abomination to an "old Igbo" but a Bizz (business) to the new Igbo, the one I call a counter culture Igbo.

ANCESTRAL SPIRIT THROUGH TITLE DUMMY GODS
The elders believe the world is full of created beings and things, both animate and inanimate. The spirit world is the abode of the creator, the deities, the disembodied and malignant spirits, and the ancestral spirits. It is the future abode of the living after their death. There is constant interaction between the world of man and the world of the dead; the visible and invisible forces. Existence for the Igbo may be said to be dual. Interrelationships involve the interaction between material and spiritual, the visible and the invisible. the good and the bad, the living and the dead.

IRU MGBEDE
The third rite in Igbo culture is Iru-mgbede (fattening of a girl before marriage). The women are separated from the usual household or abode. This shows the change of a woman's status from a single, virginal individual to someone looking forward to moral sex, pregnancy and childbearing. The songs during the ritual convey the maturation to womanhood. The Iru-mgbede culture rite of passage is only for women. The culture feels that healthy offspring, physically fit enough to cope with life, can be born only to healthy, physically fit mothers. It is therefore very jealous of the health of Igbo women, taking every precaution to safeguard it before marriage. Chief among these precautions is the custom of monthly separation before marriage. This is a time to prepare, refresh, prepare intellectually, emotionally, physically in readiness for the status of married woman.
INSIDE THE FATTENING ROOM
The people who you find inside the fattening room are young unmarried ladies or pre-pubescent girls of seclution in the fattening room. Although others including wives and mothers may use it. This secular tradition followed for those able to fford it.
Usually, the room is in a private area with a bare bamboo bed away from the men; there is a seperate toilet and bathing area.
During the period of confiment, which varies from several days to month to months, the ladies are fed with much food to fatten her up and her days are spent learning how to please the husband and the mother-in-law, and to take care of the children. To take care and maintain a clean house, and to learn cooking skills.
Inside the fattening room, the mgbede is also taught how to keep rituals, dances, dressing, and make-up, and herbal remedies for labor pain and to stimulate milk production.
The ladies are also rubbed with oil and camwood in order to create glistening skin and a beautiful body. Enhancing her physical beauty is the goal of all the indulgences.
After leaving the room, she parades and dance nude through town with musical bells around her waist, hair beads, bracelets on her ankles, and painted circles on her body for all the village to admire, but not to stare at her. Twelve days later, she and the villagers dance together before she goes to her husband. Usually, the period of fattening is between the months of June through August.

ITU ANYA
The fourth rite of passage is Itu Anya (the initiation of a Diviner). The individual passes through many stages before he is equipped with the power, knowledge and courage for being confirmed with the title of a Diviner. Itu Anya introduces adolescents to the world of men and confers an additional power or ability to communicate with spirits. According to this doctrine the initiated person sees far into the future. "Itu Anya initiation lasts eight days. Usually it is performed by adolescent males."

IGBA MGBA (TRADITIONAL WRESTLING)
The fifth is Igba Mgba (wrestling). It is always a privilege in the community for one to have the courage to engage in a fight against an opponent. One becomes a star, a warrior, or a wrestler by winning at a wrestling match. "The Igbo believe that a man should fight such aggressors, human or spiritual, to the best of his ability. In Igbo land, a man is said to be a man when he efficiently and effectively handles trying situations."

http://degreeinuniversity..com/2009/12/iru-mgbede-in-igboland-in-nigeria.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 10:44am On Oct 02, 2016
genieluv:

If not that your psychology works like that of animal specie, you will not make comment like you have done here. You say the average Nigerian does not know about Kannywood, who is the average Nigerian? Are the people of the 19 northern states of Nigera excluded from your definition of Nigeria? Or does Nigerian definition defines only your peeps in Isi-alangwa?

You claim the whole world knows about Nollywood, so i asked you to list the number of Golden globes, Oscars, Emmys and other international entertainment awards which nollywood movies have won and all you can do is screenshot unknown websites from unknown actors. Miscreants are always miscreants and nothing can change them. Reprobate.

@bold...you don't need to even ask me. The feats of Nollywood are too many to mention. Do yourself a favour and use google. It has all the answers you need.

North, South, East and West mention Nollywood and almost everyone knows what it is. However, the same cannot be said for Kannywood. It is what it is, reprobate.

Nollywood will ever remain 20 times as better and larger than non-existent Kannywood. Suck it up loser.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (56) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.