Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That (14455 Views)

Nnedi Okorafor Wins Kurd Laßwitz Prize / HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series / Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Henrypraise: 7:05am On Sep 16, 2016
Nkem4040:

If you reply me again, I 'll slap that your afonja scratched tiger face.

ekpa
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by amstamon: 7:06am On Sep 16, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
What's your tribe let's start from there??

I be confirm igbo boy, an indigene of idemili anambara state.. Always Repping naija for fake spare parts.. Ask of emaka or ugochukwu for ladipo market, I guarantee you of fake chock absorber, ringed engine, even fake spark plugs. Call my numba 080-419.......
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Elxandre(m): 7:11am On Sep 16, 2016
StephanieLuv:

Igbo Kwenu!!!!!!!!!! kwezunu!!!!!!!!!

Proud to be Igbo.

Afonjas won't like this news grin grin grin but who cares
Na your mate dey win prestigious award so.
Sidown there dey dwell on trivial matters.
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by vectoh(m): 7:17am On Sep 16, 2016
una go jus dey famz pple anyao..pple wey no dey una country again...sm of dem sef no sabi naija...u tink sey if dz one stil dey east d Igbo witch 4 don chop ha glory..na dia way
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 16, 2016
All this Afonja, Yorouba mention should stop jare, its making a beautiful tread looks hateful... Cc Seun pls do something about it..... I don't see what calls for that in this tread

1 Like

Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Ikem11(m): 7:25am On Sep 16, 2016
Am only here to check name. Confirmed Igbo girl.
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by agabaI23(m): 7:28am On Sep 16, 2016
I am going to read this
Someone gemme a copy
I will pay

1 Like

Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Neddstark: 7:29am On Sep 16, 2016
kernel504:

Nobody from your lineage has ever won community stick, more of international accolade.

Only a Ipob separatist will write this crap against my community, one he doesn't know. Even if we havent won anything, at least we dont have baby factories there..
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Neddstark: 7:30am On Sep 16, 2016
StephanieLuv:

Afonjas wink wink wink hater alert

Just say you want to have a big black Yoruba roddy piper for breakfast grin grin
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Neddstark: 7:31am On Sep 16, 2016
Montaque:

Where ve u been to?

Where ipob separatist cant go
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Neddstark: 7:31am On Sep 16, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Na DemDem..

Nice one. I even liked your post....lol
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by donvat1(m): 7:38am On Sep 16, 2016
Montaque:
Where ve u been to?
he has been to far away waste side.
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Onegai(f): 7:41am On Sep 16, 2016
Nice!!!!!!!!
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:46am On Sep 16, 2016
amstamon:

I be confirm igbo boy, an indigene of idemili anambara state.. Always Repping naija for fake spare parts.. Ask of emaka or ugochukwu for ladipo market, I guarantee you of fake chock absorber, ringed engine, even fake spark plugs. Call my numba 080-419.......
there's a difference between "I Am Igbo & I Was Told I Am Igbo.

Oga please be proud of your tribe, don't form an "Igbo Wannabe

2 Likes

Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by francisMKD(m): 7:49am On Sep 16, 2016
PLEASE WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT
COS I NO EVEN UNDERSTAND ONE THING SHE WRITE........
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by samx4real(m): 7:50am On Sep 16, 2016
Henrypraise:
Nigerians ar happy winning awards in other country, very gud. d white man has a way of immortalizing his name for a gud course.

do we av tins like:

sole Soyinka literature award

buhari anti corruption award gala/ buns.

peter obi innovative award nite

obasanjo military award

Good luck personality award.

keshi football award.

instead we av:

face of Nigeria pageant

earth Nigeria pageant

miss Nigeria pageant

Queen Nigeria pageant

black face Nigeria pageant

olosho Nigeria pageant

miss fine tune Nigeria pageant.

As in eh?

So bad, no encouragement for the younger generation at all.

2 Likes

Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by KRILMIJAY(m): 7:51am On Sep 16, 2016
Nnedi=HUSBANDS MOTHER OR MOTHER-IN-LAW grin
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by makahlj2: 7:52am On Sep 16, 2016
Neddstark:
Prestigious? Who knows Hugo awards?
You could at least google it and learning something new before embarrassing your country with your question.

1 Like

Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Neddstark: 8:08am On Sep 16, 2016
makahlj2:
You could at least google it and learning something new before embarrassing your country with your question.

Embarassing my country?
Are you alright?
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by chukzyblingz(m): 8:11am On Sep 16, 2016
Literarily, Igbos are best in Nigerian. Very far ahead the others. Wole Soyinka is overrated. I've never enjoyed any of his quack.

1 Like

Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by MissingBudget: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2016
Neddstark:

You must be a very ignorant fellow! Google is there to save you from embarrassing yourself in public, but no, you dove into the pool of ignorance. Swim on!
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Neddstark: 8:20am On Sep 16, 2016
MissingBudget:

You must be a very ignorant fellow! Google is there to save you from embarrassing yourself in public, but no, you dove into the pool of ignorance. Swim on!

Go screw yourself. Must I google every thing? The greatest literary award remains Nobel and that she and her bumlickers like you wont smell.
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by MissingBudget: 8:51am On Sep 16, 2016
Neddstark:

Go screw yourself. Must I google every thing? The greatest literary award remains Nobel and that she and her bumlickers like you wont smell.

I doubt anyone in your lineage is a literati.
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Amacsom(m): 8:52am On Sep 16, 2016
Henrypraise:
Nigerians ar happy winning awards in other country, very gud. d white man has a way of immortalizing his name for a gud course.

do we av tins like:

sole Soyinka literature award

buhari anti corruption award gala/ buns.

peter obi innovative award nite

obasanjo military award

Good luck personality award.

keshi football award.

instead we av:

face of Nigeria pageant

earth Nigeria pageant

miss Nigeria pageant

Queen Nigeria pageant

black face Nigeria pageant

olosho Nigeria pageant

miss fine tune Nigeria pageant.

I believe there are awards like that in Nigeria, just that they(the awards) are not internationally recognised. The Hugo awards didn't start today, when it started it wasn't a "global thing" but they had to evolve, grow and develop. There's still hope for for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by cupidhero(m): 8:53am On Sep 16, 2016
Neddstark:
I'm sure if she was not an Igbo woman the Hugo award would have been big in your muumoo eyes. First it was about Chimamanda being the most boring writer to Nnedi's award not being prestigious enough for you.....you need to slow down on the hate.

4 Likes

Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Neddstark: 9:00am On Sep 16, 2016
cupidhero:

I'm sure if she was not an Igbo woman the Hugo award would have been big in your muumoo eyes. First it was about Chimamanda being the most boring writer to Nnedi's award not being prestigious enough for you.....you need to slow down on the hate.

Funny enough, i like Okwonjo Iweala's son's book. I remain an avid fan of Cyprian Ekwensi. But tell me the truth, before this topic, you know Hugo award?
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Neddstark: 9:00am On Sep 16, 2016
MissingBudget:

I doubt anyone in your lineage is a literati.

Just like I'm doubting intellectuals in yours.
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by cupidhero(m): 9:25am On Sep 16, 2016
Neddstark:

Funny enough, i like Okwonjo Iweala's son's book. I remain an avid fan of Cyprian Ekwensi. But tell me the truth, before this topic, you know Hugo award?
I know N.K jemisin and i know the Hugo awards even though i'm the not an English/Literature student. You can't possibly know everything.....
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 16, 2016
If i say that Igbos are doing well now, some people will start witchunting us...

grin

Igbos are the chosen tribe. Deal with it..
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Neddstark: 9:41am On Sep 16, 2016
cupidhero:

I know N.K jemisin and i know the Hugo awards even though i'm the not an English/Literature student. You can't possibly know everything.....

True sha
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by kernel504(m): 9:45am On Sep 16, 2016
Neddstark:

Only a Ipob separatist will write this crap against my community, one he doesn't know. Even if we havent won anything, at least we dont have baby factories there..

You are right you don't have a baby factory, but you diabolic juju uses people for rituals, now which is worst? Lazy-brown-roof-beggars.
Re: Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That by Neddstark: 10:10am On Sep 16, 2016
kernel504:

You are right you don't have a baby factory, but you diabolic juju uses people for rituals, now which is worst? Lazy-brown-roof-beggars.

Every African tribe does juju. Especially yours who are ready to do anything for money both physical and diabolical.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

John Mahama Receives Godspower Oshodin, Nigerian Poet (Photo) / My Life In Pastor's House . .by. Abayomi / I Love You, But I Am Guilty.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.