Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,108 members, 7,957,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making (47453 Views)

7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom / Underwear Mistakes You Are Making As A Lady / Feb. 14th Two Years Of Body Building... Pls Rate (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by trans4md(m): 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2016
its a whole lots of fun indeed but needs time & maintenance
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Dabss(m): 5:24pm On Sep 16, 2016
rychard:
I gave up gym to chase money, now the money s flowing in, and with the women too.. now that's what I call a win win
keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Dabss(m): 5:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
body building is not for everybody. it's not a hobby it's a lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Dabss(m): 5:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Samuel89(m): 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
Op, no lie, you did not achieve this by just working out.... you used steroids abi? angry
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Perfectionist11: 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
There is this fitness guru on Facebook..named Emily Skye..like her page..go as far back as 2012 and start downloading her "multi--purpose" fitness videos.
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by deebrain(m): 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
Best thread ever and my personal favorite....

Men, bro I must be like you O....... Love the physique.
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by freecocoa(f): 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
People like us only exercise for health's sakes, genes did us lotsa favour.tongue cool
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Mikylopez(f): 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
iykekelvins:
I don dey tell you. I no want o.

Flat tummy dey ok..
hehehe I yaff forget I won't do et again
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Mikylopez(f): 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
Bujumbura:
check your gender again cheesy angry grin
lolz I Jes love a nice physique and I love working out
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by iykekelvins(m): 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mikylopez:

hehehe I yaff forget I won't do et again
You like 6 packs abi? I'll do the working out, don't worry
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by hardcore007: 5:47pm On Sep 16, 2016
People complain a lot about working out, that's it's too stressful, painful and all that whilst you've forgotten that no pain no gain.

Working out is not really a hubby but a lifestyle like someone said earlier. To me it's a food to my soul. I don't feel complete without working out. I feel sick whenever I don't work out for a while.

Keeping the body fit is awesome, you gotta keep pushing it till you get the result.

Besides I like them girls that work out too, they always look super duper dope and fit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mickey7:
Very foolish girl sad
Aswear down.
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mickey7:
lol I see what you are trying to do. It's called rationalization in psychology. You condemn a thing, make it appear less valuable simply because you can not have it. Don't be bitter. Having a six pack has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not you have a happy marriage neither does it limit your chances of being rich. Thinking otherwise is just dumb.

U can't hide frustration.
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mickey7:
lol I see what you are trying to do. It's called rationalization in psychology. You condemn a thing, make it appear less valuable simply because you can not have it. Don't be bitter. Having a six pack has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not you have a happy marriage neither does it limit your chances of being rich. Thinking otherwise is just dumb.

U can't hide frustration.
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
I trip. Thank you for the post. I am the skinny twip you talked about. I have tried and you mentioned all my flaws. I will change from today

WebGuy:
We have all embarked on a bodybuilding journey at one point or the other in our lives, but it takes a special kind of man to see that journey to the end.

Most guys you see out there are either potbellied agbalagbas or skinny twigs who look like they could be carried away by the wind at a moment’s notice.

Guys see the male models on TV and how they attract legions of women by just raising their shirt; or those big buff bouncers who intimidate everybody with their huge chests and arms.

Then these guys decide they want some of that action; so they rush to buy a gym membership and some protein shakes, try to haphazardly do some exercises and weight lifting, and then ……………………they finally give up after a week because they aren’t seeing quick results they wanted and they lack the discipline to see anything to the end.

Does this remind you of someone? Maybe a friend, family member, class mate? Maybe it even reminds you of yourself.

The men, who do have the discipline to consistently work out, go about it completely in the wrong way. They either take fitness advice from friends and family who are in no better shape themselves, or …….they some new follow one new, scam like, 6 packs in 3 weeks exercise program online (which will do a lot more harm to their bodies than good).

I’m going to start off with some of the top mistakes guys make as they embark on their body building campaigns and then………………………….

I’m going to show you how to effectively go about building all that huge, thick, lean muscle you’ve always dreamed off.

http://sobolation.com/top-5-body-building-mistakes-you-didnt-know-you-are-making/
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
Nice one. You could not have put it any better. For those of you guys and even ladies talking about money over six packs and a ripped body, let me tell this you are deceiving yourselves. What stop you from having both?

Before "cheese" started dropping for me, i dey collect babes from guys wey get money. I developed myself physically, mentally and in virtually every sphere of my life. Let me tell you for free now "there is no woman on earth that does not get turned on by a ripped and fit body". That aside, health benefits should be everyone priority that wants to build his or her muscles.

U don't nid convince any.
Fact is, they kw d' truth...vry bitter and they're juz embittered.
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by LKO(m): 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2016
Anyone with an ideal of the monthly charges of gym especially in Warri? Please
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by BlueScholar(m): 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2016
hardcore007:
People complain a lot about working out, that's it's too stressful, painful and all that whilst you've forgotten that no pain no gain.

Working out is not really a hubby but a lifestyle like someone said earlier. To me it's a food to my soul. I don't feel complete without working out. I feel sick whenever I don't work out for a while.

Keeping the body fit is awesome, you gotta keep pushing it till you get the result.

Besides I like them girls that work out too, they always look super duper dope and fit.

What's your daily routine like?
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by taurustm(m): 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2016
I don't like being an hulk–an excessive muscled person. I only exercise to keep my body fits and i don't need to impress anyone.
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Kaysalas(m): 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
LKO:
Anyone with an ideal of the monthly charges of gym especially in Warri? Please
Bros! Enter mechanic village for your side and CHARTER better iron,everything under 8k, do the "gyming" in company of ur guys, for inspiration. U will love it. If na official gym u wan go, then dey ready like 5k-10k monThly. Depending on location

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by ginggerxy: 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mikylopez:
I used to work out visit the gym often and do road jog buh momcy complained it's been 2yrs now and I can't even do press up again I used to do 40 pushups every morning now I do Jes 15-20 am already tired I need my abs back!
will you. Shut up

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by dmgr(m): 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2016
being consistent rily payed...coz i can proudly flunt my six pack anywhre at anytym
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Mickey7(m): 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
On a lighter note

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Igbagbof: 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2016
nice writeup... however and remarkably, diet is d most important factor in d process of body building.
An expert once said ur diet is 80%, a consistent workout plan/training is 20%...

if u no chop wella/ingest necessary calories daily... u ll get nowhere.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by jokerphilics(m): 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mickey7:
I can't laff. I fit pass ur fitness coach if u get one. All I hate is d shamelessness in it coz nowadays what d girls go for is not d brains but six pack when u want to woo a girl just raise ur clothes up like person wey him madness just start or flash an expensive fone or car. D news pix says it all.
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by fiziebaibie(f): 7:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mickey7:
Very foolish girl sad
very very stupid boy...oniranu
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Mickey7(m): 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
fiziebaibie:
very very stupid boy...oniranu
i have reported you to mod cry embarassed

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by fiziebaibie(f): 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mickey7:
i have reported you to mod cry embarassed
u can kindly go to hell...do i look like i care?
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by charlsecy(m): 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
hardcore007:
To me it's a food to my soul. I don't feel complete without working out.
BlueScholar:
Not sure I'll have access to gym anytime soon so my question is that if I'm to great a local gym (weight, dumbbells) which routine will you recommend?
WebGuy:
Try keeping a journal of how much weight you can lift and how many reps you can do, then gradually increase the reps or the amount of weight as you get stronger.

Here is my workout plan: What do you think about it?

I lift weights on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. The content includes Squat, Bent-over Row, Overhead Press, Bench Press, Deadlift, Lunge and Curl. For curl and military press, I do 5 sets of 5 reps; for the others, it's 3 sets of 10 reps. I use a barbell, whose weight I increase by 1 kg every week. I am currently on 32 kg plus the weight of the pole which holds the plates, which I am not certain of. The seller said it's 5.7 kg. Afterwards, I do press up and bench dip.

I do aerobics on Wednesdays and Saturdays, which usually is an hour of jogging per session. I also do abdominals about 5 sessions per week.

LanreDaMan:
Is it possible to stick to resistance Weight training alone and still drop weight especially in my GLute and abs...and if I do that how do I correct my Loss of breath anytime am on cardio
I thinking weight lifting with a little cardio and daily activities are OK.

On your breath loss, I think you should see a doctor about that. The doctor can perform some tests. Before I became more serious with my workout, I visited a doctor and did the following: chest X-ray, lipid profile, electrocardiography and echocardiography. Only some parameters of electrocardiography were somewhat abnormal, but echocardiography which is superior, and the others, came out fine. I am OK!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Senorprinz(m): 7:49pm On Sep 16, 2016
awakeuche:
Dont know about other guys, but i've never visited a gym in my life, all i do is 50-60 press ups, backlifts and a little jogging every morning, and it does all the wonders in my life..... I know naija men rarely have gym time, but a regular morning exercise as i have found out also does amazing thimgs for your sex life
50 press ups, how many reps? please how's the backlift done? thanks
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by LKO(m): 7:54pm On Sep 16, 2016
Kaysalas:

Bros! Enter mechanic village for your side and CHARTER better iron,everything under 8k, do the "gyming" in company of ur guys, for inspiration. U will love it. If na official gym u wan go, then dey ready like 5k-10k monThly. Depending on location

OK sir, thanks. See as u yarn like Warri guy. Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! / Vets Pull Out Full-Size Blanket Swallowed By A 13-Foot Pet Burmese Python / Kenyan Woman Kills Her Husband Before Committing Suicide (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.