Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making (47101 Views)

7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom / Underwear Mistakes You Are Making As A Lady / Feb. 14th Two Years Of Body Building... Pls Rate (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by iykekelvins(m): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mikylopez:
I used to work out visit the gym often and do road jog buh momcy complained it's been 2yrs now and I can't even do press up again I used to do 40 pushups every morning now I do Jes 15-20 am already tired I need my abs back!
I don dey tell you. I no want o.

Flat tummy dey ok..
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2016
Slow news day for this to make frontpage. Everybody knows Nigerians are not big on bodybuilding.
There is nothing like wrong exercises, every activity done which is not sitting idly contributes in measures to fitness goals.
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by iykekelvins(m): 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
naijaboiy:
Op just reminded me of when I started my gym journey sometime last year.

After the first few days I ran away! My hands were so cramped and I couldn't move them.

gringringrin

But when I saw the way my friend was consistent and he was getting awesome result...nobody told me to rush back to the gym and I experienced such pain again but this time I was fully prepared.

If I pull my shirt now.... wink
Ma niggah!!
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by fiziebaibie(f): 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
na 6 pack we wan chop?
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Brightgem(f): 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
work out is good. u may be interested in reading ways to start exercising and the Pot Belly Factor @ www.yourhealthattitude.com
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Bujumbura(m): 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mikylopez:
I used to work out visit the gym often and do road jog buh momcy complained it's been 2yrs now and I can't even do press up again I used to do 40 pushups every morning now I do Jes 15-20 am already tired I need my abs back!
check your gender again cheesy angry grin

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
chai.
That's how a friend gave me different routines to try out, I come dey wonder if he wants to kill me _na my waist dey hear am.
Anything for them abs though. wink
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by gabe: 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2016
jokerphilics:
All I see is a shameless man in a pix all in d name of six pack. After attracting bae, will ur six pack maintain a happy marriage with wifey for u.
Sixpackmyfoot
bad belle...
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by naijaboiy: 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2016
iykekelvins:
Ma niggah!!
The boss! I greet you!!! cheesy
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by professore(m): 4:11pm On Sep 16, 2016
You are on point.
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by LanreDaMan(m): 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
Thank you for this post,

Recently decided to drop Fat and Pack some muscles. Been doing a lot of Crossfit which involves a lot of cardio combined with resistance training at a Local gym

The cardio really give me a lot of issues as My joints, Ankles usually ache like and I usually lose breath,

Is it possible to stick to resistance Weight training alone and still drop weight especially in my GLute and abs

and if I do that how do I correct my Loss of breath anytime am on cardio
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by iykekelvins(m): 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2016
naijaboiy:

The boss! I greet you!!! cheesy
Senior man!! I greet you specially!

How you dey?
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by deeptesting(m): 4:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
WebGuy:
Mistake 4: Training Each Body Part Only Once a Week

Yes, our bodies do need to recover after an intense workout session, but most men take the rest or recovery period way too far. You’ll see some guys work out their legs and chests on Monday and then say to themselves
“Mehn I’ve really worked out my legs, now they need a long rest” and they end up not working out their legs again till another week has passed.

Lifting weights causes the muscle fibers in your body to tear, and as your body repairs itself, the muscles get stronger and bigger (just like the way scar tissue forms on our bodies).

So it’s important to actually rest after exercising, but between 24 to 48 hours is adequate enough. Anymore and you aren’t working your muscles hard enough.

Usually I work out the same muscle groups every other day. I also leave Sunday out just to reset my body before the next week.

OP please if you train each of the body part a day, how many hours do you spend on the gym? How many seconds rest do you take between each lift? How many reptitions do you do on each lift?

Like the chest for example how many lift type do you use to build? And how many body parts do you build a day? I.e. chest,Biceps,Triceps,leg etc.

When you answer the above questions then I will take you on why you should not build more than 2 body parts a day,invariably leading to building just one body part a week and still get result.
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Mickey7(m): 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2016
rychard:
I gave up gym to chase money, now the money s flowing in, and with the women too.. now that's what I call a win win

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Mickey7(m): 4:24pm On Sep 16, 2016
fiziebaibie:
na 6 pack we wan chop?
Very foolish girl sad

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by InvertedHammer: 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
/
Exercise and stay fit. If you play soccer consistently, that's good enough because that works your cardiovascular systems, pulmonary systems and overall muscles.You can also run or jog a couple of miles everyday to stay fit.

An athlete stays in top form by working out. But other than athletes and professionals, anyone who goes to the gym religiously to lift weight just to look good is a certified loser. The gym is a church for the homosexuals.
\
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by HERSLEY(f): 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
naijaboiy:
Op just reminded me of when I started my gym journey sometime last year.

After the first few days I ran away! My hands were so cramped and I couldn't move them.

gringringrin

But when I saw the way my friend was consistent and he was getting awesome result...nobody told me to rush back to the gym and I experienced such pain again but this time I was fully prepared.

If I pull my shirt now.... wink
lemme see plsssssssssssss wink
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Mickey7(m): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
jokerphilics:
All I see is a shameless man in a pix all in d name of six pack. After attracting bae, will ur six pack maintain a happy marriage with wifey for u.
Sixpackmyfoot
lol I see what you are trying to do. It's called rationalization in psychology. You condemn a thing, make it appear less valuable simply because you can not have it. Don't be bitter. Having a six pack has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not you have a happy marriage neither does it limit your chances of being rich. Thinking otherwise is just dumb.

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by 9jatatafo(m): 4:38pm On Sep 16, 2016
99foxxy:
Na six packs the bring money?

Is everything money to you?
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Lsofdk(m): 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
masken45:
civil engineers come in here cheesy
wetin do civil engineersundecided
you want make we do body structural design and detailinggrin
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by ruggedboy01: 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2016
I was told gym will reduce my Mr Johnson lipsrsealed embarassed
since then, I de fear am, what's the need of 6 packs with small joystick lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by emerged01(m): 4:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
What I need for my body is light training and 6 packs but laziness no gree me
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by emerged01(m): 4:54pm On Sep 16, 2016
ruggedboy01:
I was told gym will reduce my Mr Johnson lipsrsealed embarassed
since then, I de fear am, what's the need of 6 packs with small joystick lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I believe that happens when you use drugs.
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by BlueScholar(m): 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
Thank you for this beautiful post OP. I did gym (bench press basically) 9 years ago when I finish my WAEC, then I was only interested in pumping out my chest nothing more cheesy

I did it for a year but when I entered Uni everything stopped. Right now I'm focus on loosing weight as I'll be going to camp Nov.

Not sure I'll have access to gym anytime soon so my question is that if I'm to great a local gym (weight, dumbbells) which routine will you recommend?
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
rychard:
I gave up gym to chase money, now the money s flowing in, and with the women too.. now that's what I call a win win
U can still be gyming and chasing money at the same time bro
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by naijaboiy: 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
Exercise and stay fit. If you play soccer consistently, that's good enough because that works your cardiovascular systems, pulmonary systems and overall muscles.You can also run or jog a couple of miles everyday to stay fit.

An athlete stays in top form by working out. But other than athletes and professionals, anyone who goes to the gym religiously to lift weight just to look good is a certified loser. The gym is a church for the homosexuals.
\
Lol...this kyn opinion though! grin
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by hadura29(m): 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
WebGuy:
MISTAKE 5: LACK OF CONSISTENCY AND PROCRASTINATION

“I’ll start my training program fully next month”

“I’ve missed Monday and Tuesday already, I think I’ll just forget it and start fresh again next week”

or the worst of them which is

“I really don’t have the time to go and work out”.

The funny thing is that there will never be time, you’ll still miss another two days and have to start fresh, and one month of postponing could lead to a whole year without starting.

You can’t expect to exercise halfheartedly only once a week, and expect to grow miraculous muscles. That’s like saying you want to get paid salary only once a year, but you still want to get rich from your job. It’s practically impossible.

Light weights and simple exercises done consistently on a regular basis will do you much more good than a spontaneous, once a month intense work out session.

And when you do intense workouts consistently too, well guess what you’re on your way to Greek god like body.
With consistency you’re more likely to develop a lifelong habit of exercising and healthy living than just doing a set of bench presses every other month; because it’s easier to build exercising momentum and stick to it than it is to keep starting all over again.

So please don’t put off until tomorrow what can be done today, just keep at it and you will begin to see results.

I am guilty of number 5; the kind laziness wey dey worry me now ehn.. I know just understand but I know I will be back soon..
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Charliiee(m): 5:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
Pple will talk down on anything they can't do. Op is talking abt keeping fit being healthy, some persons are talking abt getting money as if keeping fit and being rich is mutually exclusive. Funny enuf, most persons who talk money money online aint shii in RL.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by naijaboiy: 5:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
HERSLEY:
lemme see plsssssssssssss wink
That should be in private. wink
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by hadura29(m): 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/

\

I tend to did agree with your last statement bro.. but it's your opinion. If you had said guys go to the gym to watch ladies in the gym, dat one dey...

Enjoy the weekend bro...
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 5:11pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nice one. You could not have put it any better. For those of you guys and even ladies talking about money over six packs and a ripped body, let me tell this you are deceiving yourselves. What stop you from having both?

Before "cheese" started dropping for me, i dey collect babes from guys wey get money. I developed myself physically, mentally and in virtually every sphere of my life. Let me tell you for free now "there is no woman on earth that does not get turned on by a ripped and fit body". That aside, health benefits should be everyone priority that wants to build his or her muscles.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by awakeuche(m): 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
Dont know about other guys, but i've never visited a gym in my life, all i do is 50-60 press ups, backlifts and a little jogging every morning, and it does all the wonders in my life..... I know naija men rarely have gym time, but a regular morning exercise as i have found out also does amazing thimgs for your sex life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please What Is Breaking Out On My Skin ? / Teeth Whitening: 9 Facts Everyone Must Know About / Doctors Operate On An Orphan In Imo To Remove Tumor (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.