Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech (35957 Views)

Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters / BBC Africa Highlights Buhari's Plagiarising Obama’s Speech - Photo / Buhari Accused Of Plagiarising Obama’s Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Ddy(m): 8:25am On Sep 17, 2016
Oblang:

Is plagiarism a grammatical error that proof reading will make u detect? Do u expect them to know all Obama's speeches offhand. The only person that could have known it was plagiarized is someone that knows abt that particular Obama's speech....

Woow, with this I can easily analyze ur person. So up till now u don't know Obama's speeches? my dear smart phones are not only meant for facebooking or Nairaland.browse and do more research than social media
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by sekundosekundo: 8:25am On Sep 17, 2016
From PADDED BUDGET TO PADDED SPEECH.

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by wolesmile(m): 8:26am On Sep 17, 2016
Leopantro:

BBC Africa has carried the news
the person that read the speech said it was plagiarized and apologized for it. you still carry the case for head.

Define plagiarism...

Buhari is half illiterate. But he is your president. He will be till he loses in election, or refuses to recontest the next election. You all are here, making fun of him and giving yourselves headache over him. Look at his record achievement.

Shio....
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by wolesmile(m): 8:28am On Sep 17, 2016
Ddy:

Woow, with this I can easily analyze ur person. So up till now u don't know Obama's speeches? my dear smart phones are not only meant for facebooking or Nairaland.browse and do more research than social media

So if it wasn't mentioned, mere looking at that speech, you'll know it's Obama's speech, abi
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Ade3000yrs(m): 8:29am On Sep 17, 2016
"As Nigerians, we are accustomed to being consistently in consistent, Stay focus and do no dismay, do not dissuade". By Obafemi Awolowo
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by okven: 8:30am On Sep 17, 2016
Apologies my foot? Fundermental error ni
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by FREDYA(m): 8:32am On Sep 17, 2016
This is a serious show of shame & an indication that this govt has nothing on its own to deliver to the populace.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by repogirl(f): 8:33am On Sep 17, 2016
Everything about these people na scam or copy copy. They have no ideas of their own and nothing in general to offer.

Nigerians, we are in for a really rough ride. Lord help us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Oblang(m): 8:33am On Sep 17, 2016
Ddy:

Lol.. u are a dunce. Oya begin quote all Obama speeches u know here....
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Slymonster(m): 8:33am On Sep 17, 2016
Kasich:

OMG!!!

Must u keep blaming everyone for your ineptitude

How's this an apology Shifting the blame to an overzealous staff, why couldn't u just proof-read the material yourself or have Garba Shehu himself go through it before going on air

This is irresponsibility, cowardice, and stupidity. There are certain mistakes I am ashamed of making at this young age of mine one of which is shifting blame to others when I could have avoided d whole drama

I'd be ashamed to be Buhari's media aid personally, because the things he makes them do and say atimes makes you question their qualifications and crisis handling capacity

bro you don't make sense at all..When you get to the position of a governor or local government chairman self or head of a big organisation,you really think you will be able to write all your script your self,It's never done anywhere.Anyway someone just lost his job
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by prince985(m): 8:36am On Sep 17, 2016
frenchwine:
If no one resigns or gets fired in the next 24hrs , I would give up completely on project Nigeria
waiting would b a waste of time

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by ogawisdom(m): 8:37am On Sep 17, 2016
wolesmile:

Did even go to school school at all. Do you know what plagiarism means? Check both speeches and tell me that is a plagiarized speech. Then you can go ahead and call for your President's prosecution. Educated illiterate.

They have apologized thereby accepting dt they are guilty but a complete I.idiot like u still wants to talk. SMH

Chief Zombie

For ur education d president deserves to be prosecuted BC u can't apologize n go free when caught in a criminal offence. It's a bad precedence but d illiterate president barely understood what he has done. They shld write to Obama and d US, b4 they take d case to court.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by hotspec(m): 8:38am On Sep 17, 2016
Oblang:

Is plagiarism a grammatical error that proof reading will make u detect? Do u expect them to know all Obama's speeches offhand. The only person that could have known it was plagiarized is someone that knows abt that particular Obama's speech....
Your comment shows ure not learned. PLAGIARISM is a global criminal offence. The academics know better. Plagiarism, copyright infringement, piracy, patent/ trademark infringement are all CRIMINAL OFFENCE on Intellectual properties.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by MalikTheCynical(m): 8:39am On Sep 17, 2016
Kasich:

OMG!!!

Must u keep blaming everyone for your ineptitude

How's this an apology Shifting the blame to an overzealous staff, why couldn't u just proof-read the material yourself or have Garba Shehu himself go through it before going on air

This is irresponsibility, cowardice, and stupidity. There are certain mistakes I am ashamed of making at this young age of mine one of which is shifting blame to others when I could have avoided d whole drama

I'd be ashamed to be Buhari's media aid personally, because the things he makes them do and say atimes makes you question their qualifications and crisis handling capacity

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by bharkarh(m): 8:41am On Sep 17, 2016
drss2:
d dullard should direct his apology to obama.
you are also a dullard 'cos Obama should start with a "Capital O" grin

Joking things grin grin
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Olu317(m): 8:46am On Sep 17, 2016
A true president of the Nigeria state.... Fulani at it AGAIN...Nigeria is always coming out as a laughing stock to the rest of the World ...God help ooooooo
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by wolesmile(m): 8:48am On Sep 17, 2016
ogawisdom:

They have apologized thereby accepting dt they are guilty but a complete I.idiot like u still wants to talk. SMH

Chief Zombie

For ur education d president deserves to be prosecuted BC u can't apologize n go free when caught in a criminal offence. It's a bad precedence but d illiterate president barely understood what he has done. They shld write to Obama and d US and b4 they take d case to court.

What leads to being prosecuted on issues of plagiarism? What will be the situation before a legal proceeding is embarked on?

OLODO RABATA!!!
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by bsideboii(m): 8:50am On Sep 17, 2016
We import everything in this country from toothpick to our President's speech.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by KingsleyCEO: 8:50am On Sep 17, 2016
Paperwhite:
Lolzzz! You must be Goliath bro. shocked grin cheesy wink

My dear friend, is so annoying. How can they now turn around to begin blackmailing us that change begins with us. Did i promise change in the first place? Those who made promises should keep their promises and not try to rob everybody with it.

After all the blame and everything, we agree. Jonathan and PDP killed Nigeria, is that what He is going to tell us at the end of the tenure? And after which, just give me another tenure lets see if we can finally clean it.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by monex(m): 8:52am On Sep 17, 2016
gbollybakare:

http://thenigeriafocus.com/2016/09/16/flash-fg-apologises-to-nigerians-for-the-plagiarism-in-the-presidential-speech/

https://mobile.twitter.com/GarShehu/status/776869544061181953

The Presidency finally did the right thing. We can now move on from this.

hope those APC/Buhari apologists (mars and co) who defended it can see how serious plagiarism is.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Oblang(m): 8:53am On Sep 17, 2016
hotspec:
Your comment shows ure not learned. PLAGIARISM is a global criminal offence. The academics know better. Plagiarism, copyright infringement, piracy, patent/ trademark infringement are all CRIMINAL OFFENCE on Intellectual properties.

And who is saying plagiarism is not an offence?
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Saintp(m): 8:55am On Sep 17, 2016
wolesmile:

Did even go to school school at all. Do you know what plagiarism means? Check both speeches and tell me that is a plagiarized speech. Then you can go ahead and call for your President's prosecution. Educated illiterate.

Some people are just irredeemable. The president has seen the error and has apologised to avoid further embrassment then you are here still defending that there is no plagiarism because PMB can do no wrong. How stupid can some of you get?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by achieverme(m): 8:56am On Sep 17, 2016
Oblang:

Have you ever heard of copyscape or plagiarism checker before?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by ollah2: 8:58am On Sep 17, 2016
hotspec:

Relax mr learned hotspec.. he isn't denying that plagiarism is a crime but how do you expect GMB to know it was Obama's speech?
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by udumosam23(m): 8:58am On Sep 17, 2016
DaniDani:
the first time to apologize but on an irrelevant thing .why not apologize to zombies for deceiving them and running the economy aground.. well, they are good in misplacing priorities.

I didn't even see any apology here, only blame and looking for another scapegoat that will take the fall for his ineptitude.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Mockinbird: 8:59am On Sep 17, 2016
APC, bunch of dullardo basterrds.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Kasich(m): 9:01am On Sep 17, 2016
AZeD1:

So in your mind, proof reading is a way to detect plagiarism abi?
Are you sure you know what plagiarism is?
in as much as I'd like to ignore you and your comments for lack of understanding and foresight, I'll enlighten you a little on this issue

When u proof read it doesn't necessarily means you are checking just only grammatical errors and language structure, rather it entails d act of checking for the overall soundness of your write up, does it make sense? Will my listeners and readers grasp the idea? Am I communicating? Is the content original? And lots and lots of other things are considered too

For a campaign of such social magnitude one would have gone through the speech with whoever wrote, thereafter if accepted, you ask your special advisers to check for plagiarism, which is even easy to to detect with advanced search through google.

Am not asking him to write his speeches, all am saying is that he could have avoided the whole drama if he had shown a little seriousness towards this ' Change begins with me' campaign.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by abraka00(f): 9:02am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Ike4God: 9:06am On Sep 17, 2016
Can I say something? ..... PMB. is a bigggg ..................xxxx
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Kasich(m): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2016
Oblang:

as for you Mr. Defender...ignorance is not an excuse, you obviously do not know the consequences of plagiarism and it's legal implications because you have never published anything before In your life, not even an original Facebook post perhaps

With google alone you can check for plagiarism within a minute, the fact that you don't know this and you are unwilling to learn baffles me... Keep defending his mistakes hopefully some day you will see the light, but until then try to get an education, you'd thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:10am On Sep 17, 2016
UnknownT:
I have nothing against the apology but this part PMB has ordered that prompt & appropriate disciplinary action be taken against those responsible for a wrongful insertion in his speech delivered on September 8, 2016 at the launch of the “Change Begins with Me’’ campaign.” We once heard this when the budget was padded, till now, we didn't hear of the persons sanctioned. Always in a rush to threaten fire and brimstones and everything will end there. Joke of a government
How will u hear when u ve been blinded by hypocrisy and prejudice. This kind of unawareness is what u get frm being horribly bias.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rivers Women Prevented Soldiers From Entering Ogu/Bolo LGA Secretariat / Banditry: Northern Groups Threaten Shutdown Of 6 States & Abuja If Nigerian .... / #PMBShowUsUrCertificate Now Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.